A new member, - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A new member, - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A new member,

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A new member, - Page 5 Empty Re: A new member,

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Jack listened to Angus and took hold of his own doubloon and soon found himself stood in a sewer. When Angus cast lumos he squinted a little at the brightness. " I can see some what in the dark as if its semi light." he said to Angus then paused hearing the same cries echoing around them.

"this way" he said and together they made there way to Brian. Kneeling down he took out a small medkit he had in his inside pocket and bandaged Brian's leg.

"its not as good as Jess could do, but will hold you till we get back." he said looking from Angus to Brian. "I'll carry you, Angus can you find a way out." he asked
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:02 pm

"Thank you, Jack," Brian said, glad for their new, large friend. "If you just help me stand then maybe I can do some of it myself. I don't know."

"Let's get out the way we came," Angus suggested. "We have portkeys. Now seems like a fine time to use one. Jack and I can come back here if need be and check this place out ourselves, but I think you're done here, Mate. Let's go home."

Angus ported them home to the living room, leaving Brian to Jack.

"Jess? Robert? We're back, and we could use a hand," Angus said. Robert came inside and saw them all back and saw Brian all bloodied and obviously rattled. He went over to Brian.

"Calm yourself," he said quietly. "I'm right here. What happened?"

"Something bit me," Brian said. "It was too dark. I don't know what it was. It was big and hairy, I don't know..."

"Alright. Calm. Let me see. What were you supposed to be chasing?"

"A werewolf. Supposedly."

"No. Not possible. It's daytime, and not a full moon, so you can take that off your list," Robert said. "Jess, help me clean these wounds, would you? I have to see what we're dealing with."

(they're going to find they're acromantula bites.)

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:09 pm

Jack moved to help Brian stand and held him while Angus ported them to Brians. As Brian spoke to Robert he lay him down on the couch and saw Jess move quickly down the stairs with a bowl of clean water and a cloth. " I did what I could to stop the blood flow." he said and Jess looked up at him.

"you did good jack." Jess said and began cleaning up the wounds. " Robert you might want to take a look at these, there not were bites that I know." she said as she wiped away the blood to show the bite now in more detail.

Jack nodded " there nothing like werewolf." even he was confused " what could make those marks?"

Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:20 pm

"They're not teeth marks. Look. There are only four of them. Two upper and two lower. These are fang marks. Not the right size for a basilisk, and they have more teeth than that. See how the marks are turned in towards each other? That's the mark of an acromantula. Poisonous and bloody painful, that's for sure. Jess, waste no time. Go down to the sickbay and bring me a bottle of the Antidote for Rare Poisons. It will one of the ones under lock and key down there. Bring it up and measure him out one double dose, please. Jack, you're strong. How about going into the walk in freezer and chipping some ice off that big block in there and making me a couple of large ice packs, one for his arm and one for his leg? The ice will help him feel less pain."

"Robert?" Kate asked, already knowing that acromantulas were poisonous.

"He'll be alright," Robert said, "Largely because Jack and Angus acted so quickly and got him home so fast."

"Should we go back and look for that spider?" Angus asked.

"Perhaps. Give Jess and me a moment, and we'll let you know," Robert said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:46 pm

Jack could not help but gasp as Robert told them of what had bitten Brian. Hearing Robert ask for Ice he headed towards the large freezer and chipped off several chunks. Taking a food bag he placed them in and crushed it down to smaller pieces before grabbing two tea towels and wrapping them in it and quickly returning to Robert. "here" he said holding one out as he gently placed the other on Brian's leg.

Jess moved quickly at Roberts words, heading to the sickbay. Reaching the cabinet where they kept the bottles of Antidote's for Rare Poisons she took the one for acromantula bites out. Now with it in hand she headed back to Robert. " I got it" she said and knelt next to Robert to watch him work.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:02 pm

"Good work, Jack," Robert said, putting the other ice pack on Brian's arm. "Those are perfect. They'll help him be more comfortable and they'll reduce the speed of the toxins." He laid one hand on Brian's leg and the other on his arm to try to draw off some of the toxins.

"Give him the antidote, Jess," Robert said quietly, still working. "It's not going to taste good, but he can hardly afford to worry about that right now. Then get ready to bandage this arm and this leg. Use more of the antidote on the dressing, please, just for good measure."

Kate sat down near Brian's head and did what good mothers did. She began soothing Brian, just holding his good hand and comforting him.

"Who sent you in there?" Kate asked him gently.

"I don't know," he said. "I was told we got a report of a werewolf in the sewer and I was supposed to go check it out."

"Who? Who told you?"

"I don't know. Some little clerk. I didn't know him."

"What did he look like?"

"I don't know. Like a clerk. White shirt, black trousers."

"Think," Robert said quietly, distracting himself momentarily. "Hair color, eyes. Height. What did you see?"

"I didn't see eyes. Just glasses. Black horn rimmed glasses, brown hair that was slicked back with something. Never saw him before."

"Name badge?"

"No. No name badge."

"What?" Kate and Robert both were alerted. All the clerks wore name badges.

"There was no name badge. I asked him where it was. He acted like it was the first he'd noticed it was gone, so I sent him to get a replacement," Brian said. Robert and Kate looked up at each other. They didn't like this one bit.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:11 pm

Jack nodded and watched as Jess placed the antidote on a spoon, pausing while he spoke to Robert and Kate. Once he was done she offered the spoon to him " okay, open up" she said while she saw Jack gather more bandages.

Once she was sure Brian had taken the antidote Jess began to change the bandage on Brian's leg and arm. As she cleaned the bite she placed some of the antidote on the bandage right where the wound was then wrapped his arm and leg making sure not to make them too tight. " Some one should keep an eye on him tonight." Jess said looking at Robert.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:21 pm

Kate rose from the sofa and went to the kitchen and got a large leg of pork from the walk in refrigerator.

"Kate," Robert called, "where are you going?" She looked back into the living room. "What are you doing?" He could feel Kate's anger. He could see it in her face. For her, this was like something had attacked her son. She was taking it personally.

"I don't like spiders," she told him quietly.

"Hold on. I'll go with you."

"Why don't you let Jack and me go spider hunting?" Angus said. "Brian needs you here, and someone needs to send word to Khaat. She needs to know Brian's been injured. One of you needs to send her a message."

"What's that you've got?" Robert asked Kate, questioning the bundle wrapped in butcher paper that she had in her arms.

"Spider bait," she said.

"Dear," he said, "they're carnivorous, yes. That much is right. But they're not interested in our refrigerator stock. They'd much rather eat you. They prefer humans as to your spider bait. You are much better bait, I'm afraid."

"Yes, well, they're not getting me," she said.

"Kate, Jack and I can go," Angus said. "Jack, wanna go play with the spiders?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:28 pm

Jack looked at Angus as he spoke of spider hunting. " oh I so love squashing spiders, the larger the better" he said walking over to Kate.

"I promise by the time were done it will be dead." he told her his hands resting gently on her arms to reassure her he meant every word " please stay here with Brian, he needs you as will Khaat." he looked at Angus and nodded " lets go. " he saw the look of concern on Jess's face as well and he smiled at her we'll both be fine, see you for dinner." he moved from Kate and kissed Jess before porting back to the sewer and waited for Angus to join him.

He looked around while he waited his eyes noticing slight marks on the stone walls as if something had scrapped the dirty and grime off as it had passed by.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:38 pm

Angus took the leg of pork from Kate, kissed her cheek gently, and gave her a smile.

"You can play next time," he told her. He ported out to go meet Jack. He arrived back where they had picked up Brian down in the sewer. Jack was already there, examining the walls. "I brought the spider bait," Angus laughed. "Let's hope they'd rather have ham for lunch today."

"I told them they could have anything they wanted," a voice said. "Anything but the tall, dumb, hairless one." Angus whirled around to see who was speaking. He snatched up his wand and held it up at the ready.

Out of the shadows came a tall muscular man who was even bigger and taller than Jack. He was big enough Angus had to look twice. He was bald, like Jack, and Angus was sure the resemblance could not be coincidence.

"You can eat the little one," Jack told something behind him. "But the other one is mine."

"You promised us meat," a hissing voice said.

"And you'll have it. When the little one doesn't come home, more of them will come," the large man said, motioning something forward. Several fairly large acromantulas came forward, eyeing Angus hungrily. The large man looked at Jack.

"Hello, Baby Brother," he sneered. "Couldn't resist the bait, could you? I'm going to pick off your new friends, one by one, while you watch.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top