The Courtyard of Public Opinion - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Courtyard of Public Opinion - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Courtyard of Public Opinion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Courtyard of Public Opinion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Courtyard of Public Opinion

Post by Jack Dyllan Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:48 am

Jack felt her lip twitch at Christy's words. Mostly Christy seemed to be teasing, enjoying being apart of the joke Jack had made her own life. But there was something underneath that Jack couldn't (and didn't care to) put her finger on. Something about the implication that she should change the way she was living, like it wasn't enough. Jack knew her standards for achievement were... less than traditional. But they worked for her, they were what she wanted. She knew she was capable of more. Everyone was always telling her that. No one seemed to considered that she was happy with what she was doing.

But the smirk remained affixed as she yawned. "Nah, I like our current arrangement." Probably a bit of a slight, considering how much Christy gave for how little she received. But it wasn't like Jack asked - okay so maybe she did ask for homework assignments and notes and quick class recaps. But it wasn't like Christy had to agree.

She did feel the burn of pride in her at Christy's commentary on her Beating. It was the only compliment she needed, the only one she wanted. Her grin was wide, but she rolled it back and tried to roll it back into an impassive line on her lips. "Yeah, well... strength of the lion and all. What can I say. Ravenclaw's formations were looking tight last year, I'm sure there will be some terror your way." Not from her, of course. But maybe from Hayes and Hiroku.

Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

The Courtyard of Public Opinion - Page 2 Empty Re: The Courtyard of Public Opinion

Post by Christabelle Whittle Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:50 pm

Christy found herself shaking her head. She knew it was more than likely going to be taken the way it was. Jack wasn’t the kind to do any favors for anyone, Christy had learned that over the past year they had been in school together. Why give extra when someone offered it to you willingly. She was more than well aware that she never actually had to agree, but it was almost as if she was doing it because Jack made her laugh with her classroom antics.

She found herself fingering one of the unruly curls falling across her face. “Well, it was worth a shot at least seeing.” She shrugged as if it wasn’t a big deal. She knew Jack didn’t do friends, but it had never stopped her from trying.

“Maybe,” she suggested. “Finally think I’ve got the team put together how I want. Nice being able to do that this year instead of people that were just playing because someone else wanted to.”
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Dyllan Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:54 pm

Ever since she came into this world, Jack was being told she was Wrong and it’d be so much easier if she was just Right. It might have worn down on someone else - it certainly had on her brother. Over the years, Riley slowly transformed into the son her mother had wanted for herself, taking on her version of Right and casting away all that was Wrong. Jack might not known what was Right, always, but she knew she didn’t agree with her mother’s version of Wrong. How could laughter be wrong? How could sincerity be wrong? How could bravery be wrong?

She looked at Christy, considering telling her something of it. Telling her that this year especially was the year Jack took a stand and told everyone they could shove their opinions because she wasn’t listening. Her ears would reject it, refuse to her any further than the surface. If they didn’t like it, they’d soon be rid of her. But it was the one truth she felt she had, and she wasn’t willing to have anyone talk her out of it. She’d bear whatever consequences, and it wasn’t on anyone else. So they could all take a break.

Don’t count on me, is the point you’re missing. Don’t count on me, because I’m not listening.

But she didn’t need to impose that on Christabelle Whittle. As far as Jack was concerned, she was harmless. She had her own troubles and she was just doing what she thought she was supposed to do.

“Kick Hayes ass,” she said. It was probably the closest Christy would get to real encouragement. Especially because-

“Oh, shit,” she said, rolling off the hammock and looking across the way. “Speaking of, he’s heading in. I’ve gotta go post up and watch this unfold. Won’t be long now.” Jack straightened up and brushed the hammock off, looking at Christy. “Take it from me. Relax while you can.”

And she shot off to go watch Keiran find the petition.

Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top