i'm just your problem. wait, maybe it's the opposite.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

i'm just your problem. wait, maybe it's the opposite. Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

i'm just your problem. wait, maybe it's the opposite.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

i'm just your problem. wait, maybe it's the opposite. Empty i'm just your problem. wait, maybe it's the opposite.

Post by Evander Yaxley Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:16 am

Evander wasn't sure he wanted to go home at all for the holidays. He really wasn't feeling like he was in the Christmas mood at all.

It was all because he hadn't talked to Kit again since the time they met in that cafe. He couldn't help but worry about her and how she was doing. He knew she probably didn't care about whether he cared or not, but it wasn't like he could stop caring from one day to another about what happened to her. There was still so much he didn't know and he wasn't sure how to deal with any of it. He felt like she just kept pushing him away and it hurt when they had once been so close. He wondered if he had done anything to deserve it, but nothing came to mind. However, nothing ever came to anyone's mind when it came to things they did wrong, so there was a chance he had done something.

But it's not like Kit wouldn't have told him if he'd done something.

Cronis had wanted to go home early, but seeing his brother in a slump he'd decided to stay a little longer. A little longer.. and then they missed the train. Obviously, Cronis had been pissed off when they'd missed their chance to go home but it wasn't like there weren't other ways to get to the Yaxley's home. Cronis was a drama queen, though. A Christmas at Hogwarts wasn't such a bad thing, though, in Evander's mind. It would serve to get his mind clear, something that wouldn't happen if he was surrounded by his family who would only ask him questions he wouldn't want to answer.

He'd had a brief fight with his brother that morning over their getting home, a fight that had been cut short by Evander abandoning the subject and walking away from Cronis. He hadn't wanted to keep fighting over something so trivial. Being the person he was, Evander was sure the older twin would leave by himself, not that it bothered him. The Ravenclaw was getting sick of everyone around him lately, particularly his brother who was always nagging him in one way or another. That and he was obnoxious about his crush on Hit when it was clear the Gryffindor would never like him. Evander wasn't about to step into that, though. He'd rather let his brother fall on his face on his own.

The boy had stepped out into the courtyard shortly after his argument with Cronis, and he'd already spent a good amount of the morning there so it seemed he might just spend the day there. It wasn't as cold as he thought it would be, given all the snow on the ground from the storm that'd just passed. He had his scarf warped around his neck and his face was buried in it, a beanie covering his head, as he leaned against the stone wall behind him. He admitted he was a little bored but without his brother or friends, there wasn't much he could do.

He sighed, maybe Hit was around? She tended to not go home during the holidays.
Evander Yaxley
Evander Yaxley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

i'm just your problem. wait, maybe it's the opposite. Empty Re: i'm just your problem. wait, maybe it's the opposite.

Post by Margo P. Richards Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:25 am

Margo had wanted to stick around a bit later to spend time with her newest pal, Kathryn Jericho, and neither of her parents had much time in their busy schedule to arrange picking her up, so it was up to one of her brother's to have time in their schedules. The current plan was to meet them at the gates a few days before Christmas and stick around home until term started up again. It was exactly the kind of convoluted no-sense-involved type of plan that only the Richards clan could have come up with.

It had been fine at first. Margo enjoyed feeling as though she had the run of the castle, enjoyed the time she got with those left behind. She enjoyed spending long hours lounging about at breakfast, time spent following Peeves around and bugging him for a change, coming up with excuses to meet with the Headmaster so she could fake flirt with him - something the distracted man was yet to notice.

Not very many interesting things had happened however, so when she found herself stumbling into a close enough distance to hear an argument unfolding between the Yaxley twins... she lingered. She, after all, was on a mission that would only bring the two of them closer... It was completely selfless.

They scattered and she was momentarily torn between the two. Deciding firmly that Cronis was more likely to hold onto the emotion than Evander, she meandered after him, not exactly tailing him but also making sure she ended up in the same place that he did.

When she arrived in the courtyard, she tugged her beanie more firmly over her braided hair and approached Evander almost shyly. "Hey Evander," she called. "What are you doing out here in the cold?"
Margo P. Richards
Margo P. Richards
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

i'm just your problem. wait, maybe it's the opposite. Empty Re: i'm just your problem. wait, maybe it's the opposite.

Post by Evander Yaxley Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:17 pm

Oh yeah. There were still other students in the castle.

Evander had almost forgotten that there were still other people in the castle that hadn't gone home yet, if they were leaving at all. He'd hoped he would just be able to spend the day on his own, without interruptions but then he heard a voice talking to him and he realized that simply wouldn't be the case. He couldn't hide the sigh that escaped his lips, not that he would have tried to, as he moved his gaze to an approaching Margo.

His expression remained neutral as he looked at the girl, but he would have preferred it to be anyone else. Ever since the party Kapur had thrown, she'd been acting weird with him and his brother. Weird being a nice way to put it.

"Oh. Hi." he responded, his voice a lot more detached than he'd intended it to be. "Just thinking a bit, that's all. I'm surprised you're still here, I'd imagined you were the type of person to leave the castle at the first chance you got." he added, lifting an eyebrow in her direction.
Evander Yaxley
Evander Yaxley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo P. Richards Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:27 am

Margo gathered her sleeves up, pulling them further down her arms so her hands disappeared inside them, twirling around so she could push herself onto a ledge next to him. A shiver ran across her shoulders and she smiled serenely. “Really? I don’t seem like the kind of person to want to stay at the castle where all my friends and best memories are?” She tilted her head, giving him a challenging look that betrayed a bit of that intelligence very few ever bore witness too.

But she let out a bored sigh and slumped a bit, bouncing her feet against the stone wall she was sitting on. “I dunno. Castle’s nice, yeah? And we’ll be leaving soon. And family’s, well-“ she rolled her eyes. As though that should be enough.
Margo P. Richards
Margo P. Richards
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top