A man and his dog - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A man and his dog - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A man and his dog

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

A man and his dog - Page 2 Empty Re: A man and his dog

Post by Apollo Zabini Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:18 pm

One thing that Apollo never did was talk about it. Unless he did so with Lily. And perhaps stewing in it was unhealthy, but he knew exactly how vulnerable he could be before he snapped and said something he didn't mean to. So keeping quiet was a decent way to keep from making things worse for himself. At least in the public sphere.

So he grimaced slightly before he could catch himself. To be fair, Michael didn't seem entirely thrilled with the idea, either.

Unfortunately, Corner's argument was enough to take the wind out of Apollo's sails. He still hated it, but that wasn't something he could reasonably counter. And, again - he had never actually met any Muggles. So what did he know, anyway?

But despite his grudging acceptance of that bit, his eyebrows pulled together at the next. "Um, I'm not sure what you're asking. Some healer said she wanted a break so I was told to replace her."
Apollo Zabini
Apollo Zabini
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 646

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Zabini Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:46 am

Apollo nodded and lifted an eyebrow in a silent version of easy agreement. It made no bloody sense, yet here he was. "I was just here to drop some things off for the Minister. I had no intention of getting pulled aside. Can't say I felt qualified."

Now that he had, though, he knew that Michael had a point. He reached up, running a hand through his hair as he tried to visualize a day that he would actually be as prepared as Corner assured him he could be. But he felt like he'd failed some sort of test, so he tried to keep his expression as neutral as possible. Even if it made no sense, doing so made him feel better.

"Well," he mused after a moment, "I certainly don't approve of what that man is doing, but I suppose the whole personal feelings bit is irrelevant regardless. I don't like it, but I see why it's important."

Apollo lifted a shoulder in a half-shrug. "That, and I evidently need to broaden my studies."
Apollo Zabini
Apollo Zabini
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katherine Lupin Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:57 pm

This was not a good time for Robert to be in the States on some international matter with Lee Shepherd. Nor was it a good time for Brian and Khaat to be taking their much earned time away, even though it was only two nights.

Kate had been managing fine with the kids, all seven of them, because she had a great deal of help from the estate staff. Kate continued to be concerned for Dakota. The seven year old ginger was normally spunky and usually getting into some sort of harmless mischief.  

Dakota had not been herself, though, lately. Robert had noticed it before he left, and everyone had thought perhaps she had a touch of some sort of a bug. The child barely ate anything. Food just didn't interest her. Angus had been able to take a recipe for Hawaiian Sweet Bread and make it into a sweet and savory cracker that everyone liked, especially Dakota. Angus could get her to eat that, with some herbal tea, but that was about all.

Dakota didn't play much anymore either. Kate was finding her asleep somewhere more and more. This morning, though, when Dakota didn't come down for breakfast, Kate had found Dakota far more ill, and Dakota complained of aching everywhere. That was the first Kate had ever heard Dakota complain of any kind of pain.  It made Kate uneasy. She and Marcus Belby decided to take Dakota to St. Mungos together. Kate put some of the crackers in a plastic bag in her purse and dressed Dakota in a pair of denim crop pants and her favorite purple t shirt, and Marcus picked up Dakota who laid her head on his shoulder tiredly.

They arrived together in the emergency department, and the head nurse recognized them both at once but not Dakota.

"Mrs. Lupin? Mr. Belby?" the nurse asked. "Your daughter, Mr. Belby?"

"My granddaughter," Kate spoke up. "We need to see someone. She's not well."  Well, truth be told Dakota was her granddaughter and her great granddaughter. Dakota was Kate's daughter and granddaughter both. How bizarre was that?

"Bring her here," the nurse said, leading them to a treatment room. Marcus put Dakota on the bed, seeing her shiver. Kate picked up the blanket at the bottom of the bed and covered the fragile looking little ginger.  

"We may have to send for them," Kate told Marcus quietly, believing that Khaat and Brian and Robert would surely want to be here.

"We will if we need to," Marcus nodded.

"Let me go see if I can find someone for you," the nurse said, "and then we'll get the paperwork completed." The nurse left them to try to find a healer or an apprentice for them.
Katherine Lupin
Katherine Lupin
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 150
Special Abilities : Medium, Talking to Birds, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Zabini Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:58 pm

Apollo jumped when the door opened, turning over his shoulder to look at the woman who had burst in. He expected it was nothing, but then another Lupin was brought up - one that Apollo wasn't sure he could place. But at the mention of grandchildren, he supposed she must be Robert's wife. And certainly someone that the Minister would be concerned about later on. When he found out, that is.

So, of course he was going. It took him a second, considering he'd expected to be told he should go home. He wasn't even supposed to be there anymore, considering his trip to retrieve supplies. But the option made itself available, so he stood and followed.

Merlin, Lily was going to kill him if he didn't stop coming home so late. Or leave him, more likely. But the idea of that was discouraging as well.

So perhaps he would have to duck out sooner than he ought to, but he was curious. And he felt like he owed it to his mentor, even if Robert had never once called himself that.

They made it to the Lupins' room as the nurse started to draw out the necessary paperwork, and Apollo made sure to keep out of the way, standing by the door and taking stock of everyone in the room and how they were faring.
Apollo Zabini
Apollo Zabini
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Belby Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:34 am

Of course the staff recognized Kate--she didn't come here very often, but people did seem to make a point of noticing who Robert was related to or hung around with. Marcus would have been more surprised if they did not know her, and he expected them to recognize him in their sleep. After all, whenever Khaat was here, he was here, and wherever she went, he went. It had gotten to the point where he was finally viewed as pretty much just part of the furniture.

Marcus had always liked Kate. Since starting to work for them, Marcus had observed that she was the strength and staying power in the Lupin household. It certainly wasn't Robert, not for all his internalized thinking and overly controlled outward demeanor. She seemed, to Marcus, to be content to let Robert do whatever shining needed to be done, and she was content to be in the background.

She had been wise enough to not make any sort of fuss with Dakota, had been trying to keep things quiet, and Dakota seemed better for it than probably Marcus's children might have been. Dakota apparently saw no real reason to be unnerved, and she seemed to be half dozing.

"Shall I send for Khaat and Brian?" Marcus asked quietly.

"Not yet," Kate said. "I'm hoping I'm just overreacting. How would you even reach them anyway?"

"I have a couple of portkeys," Marcus said. "It wouldn't do for us not to be able to reach them or Robert."

"Did I miss anything, Marcus?" she asked.

"When you described the symptoms for the paperwork? No. I don't think so," he said, noticing a tiny squeaking sound. He frowned.

"What's that noise?" Kate asked, hearing it too. Marcus went to Dakota and gently loosened the child's fingers. "Here's your noise," he said, taking a newborn baby pygmy puff from Dakota's fist. "Any other child would bring a stuffed animal. Why is it a Lupin that brings a pygmy puff?" He dropped the tiny lavender furball in his jacket pocket, hoping the thing didn't get loose and cause havoc here. His squeaking pocket would surely be annoying enough.

"Keep a watch on that thing, please, Marcus. We don't want any trouble," Kate said, sitting well out of the way of the bed, to not get in the way of any medical staff that might come in. "I just want her to feel better. I want her to go back to starting food fights at the dinner table." He did not want to point out to her that she had picked up a stray paperclip off the tray table and was sitting silently, fiddling with the paperclip to keep her hands busy. She was working hard to try to not be seen as anything other than calm and not as panicky on the outside as she felt on the inside.
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 182
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum