A Modern Murder Mystery - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Modern Murder Mystery  - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Modern Murder Mystery

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Modern Murder Mystery  - Page 3 Empty Re: A Modern Murder Mystery

Post by Simon Marek Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:29 pm

It just occurred to me that, first, I haven't used Simon in months, but also second, he could be relevant in here somewhere. Goodness knows his backstory is a mess and everything else. So if you need him, he's involved in illegal potions smuggling as you know, among other things I'm sure. So just give me a shout!
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 333

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloane Ahmadi-Berkowitz Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:57 am

Perhaps Simon was working for Phil and heard of the plans to kill Skyler, liked Skyler, so warned him? He could at least tell Sloane that Skyler was working for someone dangerous and crossed his bad side. Anything more would probably earn Simon a ticket to Trouble Town.
Sloane Ahmadi-Berkowitz
Sloane Ahmadi-Berkowitz
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Declan Arryn Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:07 am

Simon was working for Gideon, to be fair, so it's entirely possible that he sold something to someone without even knowing it. Third parties and stuff. Maybe she traces it back to him (or someone does? Dunno) and then he tells her what he was selling if that's relevant, or who his contacts are or something? I don't know what would help.
Declan Arryn
Declan Arryn
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by Caleb Flint Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:23 am

If we can't make the potions themselves relevant, it might easier for him to be the person who warns Skyler. We still need to fill the few roles listed up there before we add to many more twists and turns.
Caleb Flint
Caleb Flint
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiran Hayes Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:37 am

Works! I'm not 100% sure what the plan is so I'm just tossing stuff out there XD
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 548

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace A Longbottom Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:41 am

Neither are we. XD That's the trouble with this one.
Ace A Longbottom
Ace A Longbottom
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:01 am

I've been looking to get into things again with Nick on PA now that I've acquired more time in my life. I'd be more than happy to lend him to the plot in any way he would be needed!
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2915

Back to top Go down

Post by Ella Blair Woods Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:40 am

That summary sounds about right! Simon would work for warning Sloane, since if he was working for Gideon and known to be a criminal Phillip wouldn't trust him enough to work with him, I don't think. But he likely had mutual contacts and could very well have heard of something shifty going down. I think Phil will be in the wings for most of this, or until Sloane has enough information to suspect him. So it's up to the witnesses/contacts for now, really.

@Jack- if you'd rather keep some of it a mystery for yourself, I'm happy to coordinate some secret clues so you don't have to be too much in the know and spoil it for yourself. I'm spoiler-immune XD (and Phillip would likely know more than Sloane tbf). Not sure how it would work though.
Ella Blair Woods
Ella Blair Woods
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:30 pm

@Nick - At the top of the page I have the bare bones break down. Does he fit into any of those roles? If not, he could just be someone who gets involved once it gets big.

@Alyssa - If you'd be up for that, I think the best thing would be for you to write the will. Or at least divide up who gets what. And you don't have to worry about things being out of character - all of it will be, since he's leaving clues, and he and Sloane weren't close enough to really have inside secrets or anything that could be used.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum