Threads please
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Threads please Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Threads please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Threads please Empty Threads please

Post by Benedict Chastain Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:07 pm

Hello, folks! I'm Ar and I'm here because I'd like to introduce you to my character, Benedict.

Benedict is 26 Ilvermorny graduate who was born and raised in the States but after his divorce, he decided to move overseas. He's a journo working in the Daily Prophet (if his job claim gets accepted) and is a member of DEs. Ben is quite nosey but he won't act rudely towards someone if he didn't get the information he was seeking for. He likes to keep his hands clean and avoid the trouble unless he's researching something for the article he plans to write. This one likes to talk, yet Ben doesn't hesitate to lie in order to gain someone's trust. His app is here: https://www.pottersarmy.net/t21310-chastain-benedict

That's pretty much it if somebody is interested in posting with Ben, I'm right here waiting for you. Smile
Benedict Chastain

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Threads please Empty Re: Threads please

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:14 pm

Well, Nadia is 27 years old and she lived in America for couple of years and worked there as a journalist
So maybe they know each other?
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 712

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:34 pm

Okay, right. I'll warm up the old multiple characters list and actually find out who I own. Razz

My newest pup is Kari Luhrmann. She works for the Dept. of Mysteries but is a recreational potion smuggler. She fell into the latter after the death/murder of her husband. The potion smuggling ... industry(?) - I don't really know what to call it - is becoming a bit more visible and it might be that Ben is writing an article about it, maybe, and while he's having a bit of a nosey around, he and Kari run into each other?

He has fellow DEs in Augustus Rookwood, Theodore Rookwood, and Athena Goyle. I think. I think that's all of my DEs. Oh god. Unlike the last two, Ben doesn't seem to have any reservations about being a part of the DEs -- would that be fair to say? Theo and Thea, in particular, have problems with it. Augustus likes the power and he's a bit of a bloodthirsty bum, so... haha. The other two are having a bit of a crisis of conscience.

Other than that I have---
- Elijah Krum,
- Melissa Hayes,
- Baldric Wood,
- Alice Rousseau,
- Peter Howard,
- James Potter,
- Isadora Malfoy-Nott,
- Victoire Weasley.

Aaaaand probably a few I've forgotten, too. Razz

Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Chastain Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:07 pm

@Nadia: They might know each other if she worked in Delaware or in the NYC. If she's a journalist in the UK and if she left the States before Benedict he might have asked her for help when he moved a year ago. Maybe they stayed in a friendly relationship? That way we'd have some background story for them. Smile

@Eli, Benedict would definitely want to show his nose in Kari's business, at first because she's working where she works, her being connected with potion smuggling would only be a bonus for him. Since Benedict is a research journalist he wouldn't leave her anytime soon, because the story, it might be huge and he cannot miss that.

It's true that he doesn't have any reservations about being a DE, he joined them because it's more likely he'll find a good story or two while swimming among the sharks than hanging with the Order, so he wouldn't mind being around either of them if that would mean he could find material for his next article. Or if they're fun to hang out with. lol If you have something on your mind I'm all ears, since I still haven't managed to find time to read their apps. Embarassed
Benedict Chastain

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:21 pm

I didn't say where she lived in Usa, to NYC could be fine. But she was there only for 6 months and she came to London one year ago too
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 712

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Edgecombe Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:46 pm

I wrote this: https://www.pottersarmy.net/t21332-quick-quotes-quill

Benedict might want to jump in. ;D
Alexander Edgecombe
Alexander Edgecombe
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Chastain Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:09 pm

@Nadia, he might have decided to move to the UK because she suggested it, saying that the Prophet is hiring? Otherwise, he would have probably gone to France because that's where his grandparents are living. Idk, I can start a thread for them tomorrow, if you want. Smile

@Eli, posted.
I'll try to read apps of your other characters soon and pm you if I have some ideas (if that sounds good to you?). Very Happy
Benedict Chastain

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top