We'll be burnin' up like neon lights
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

We'll be burnin' up like neon lights Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

We'll be burnin' up like neon lights

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We'll be burnin' up like neon lights Empty We'll be burnin' up like neon lights

Post by Milena Ivanova Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Vanilla raspberry cookies or chocolate chip cookies?

Milena was standing in Hogwarts kitchen, surrounded with elves. Looking between the trays they offered to her she was unable to choose. If she was the one to ask, chocolate chip cookies would always win this battle. Sufficient amount of chocolate could win any fight, honestly. Yet, since she wasn't picking cookies for herself only, she couldn't choose the chocolate ones. If only she remembered to ask Phoenix what she likes before she volunteered to get some food. Although some believed that sweets shouldn't be considered healthy food for two young girls, with them not having enough nutritious values (or not having any), the elves haven't tried to change her mind once she told them that when telling food she meant cookies.

"Um," Milena started, absently taping her lower lip with her finger, "Is it okay... May I have a bit of both, please?" She smiled, giving them full smile, not ironical one she was flashing around the Hogwarts for more than a year. With a bag full of cookies, she exited the kitchen, saying goodbye to each elf that helped her, wishing she could stay with them rather than return among the wizards and witches.

"Did you miss me?" She rushed through the door like there's three headed dog running after her. Slamming the door closed, she leaned on them and closed her eyes while catching a breath. Opening the eyes, Milena walked towards the Phoenix, peaking at her canvas. "It's awesome. I'm almost too sad to tell you it's time for a brake." She looked at Phoenix and raised a bag so the other girl could see it if she already hasn't seen it. "Lunch time!" Milena cheered and opened the box, placing it on the floor and sitting down. "There are fruity vanilla and chocolate ones, I didn't know which one would you prefer." She blushed, ashamed to admit it.

Ivanova waited for Phoenix to take a cookie before taking one herself. She rose and walked towards the window, glancing outside. From this side of the castle Mila could only see the Dean forest, a few groups of students were walking around the lawn, as well as some couples. The orchestra room was too high above the land for her to recognize any of them, but she couldn't keep herself from wondering ih Quinn was there.

No, don't go there, Milena reminded herself and walked away from the window sitting back on the place from which she rose only a couple of minutes ago.

She bit her cookie, enjoying the taste of chocolate melting on her tongue. "Where willl you", she stopped and swallowed , "hang this one when it's done?" Milena looked at Phoenix with interest.
Milena Ivanova

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

We'll be burnin' up like neon lights Empty Re: We'll be burnin' up like neon lights

Post by Phoenix Carter Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:36 am

Fire.

It was a very strange and beautiful thing that was near impossible to capture in a painting adequately. It was something she had struggled with her entire life, but continued to paint over and over to try and get that perfect shade of red and orange. She loved the look of fire, she loved the smell of a fireplace, a warm summer night and a campfire under the stars, candles flickering in windows. It was all beautiful to her. Yet the painting she was working on seemed as though she hated fire with a passion.

A dragon, half painted, with a gaping jaw and emerald eyes was clawing out at a knight on the ground, with only a shield to protect him. The knight was made only of light charcoal in lines, and his horse behind him was only a faint outline. She would get to them later. It was the dragon she was working on.. and that accursed fire. The fire swirled in the air around the dragon's head, swirled and shot down to the ground where the knight was cowering behind his shield. Blue near the mouth of the dragon, and bright orange where it sparked off the knight's shield. She wasn't happy with it. Not at all.

It was a welcome relief when Milena came storming back into the room, the fire still bright in Phoenix's eyes, she blinked a few times to clear the image and focus on the girl who sometimes came to watch her paint. She was even kind enough to bring her food sometimes, as Phoenix often forgot that such a thing existed. She was known to skip meals when a project took her fancy, so it was fantastic that she had someone to remind her that food was sort of important.

"Thanks." She said, trying to claw her way out of the painting that still had a grip of her mind. She turned away from the canvas and went to the bag that was full of different types of cookies. Some sort of Raspberry kind and chocolate chip by the looks of it. She picked up one of each and took a bite of the Raspberry before her eyes wandered back to the painting. "I'm not sure... It's a little dark for me to send to my mom, so I might just hang it in my dorm, unless I can convince a teacher to help me learn how to enchant it so they move..." She stared at it, and in her mind's eye almost saw the movement on the canvas of the eternal struggle of the knight as it fought against the deadly dragon. "Though I'll probably just keep it.... I'm not happy with how the fire is turning out."
Phoenix Carter

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top