when the eagles sleep - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

when the eagles sleep - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

when the eagles sleep

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

when the eagles sleep - Page 2 Empty Re: when the eagles sleep

Post by Ophelia Claire Rosewille Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:46 am

It was amazing how someone was able to ignore all the crisisism regarding their heritage.

Ophelia observed Tiffany with great curiosity now. Such wise words from such a young person! Pity she was not like this and this made her quite envious of the young Ravenclaw; Ophelia had much to learn from someone like her.

She offered her a small smile in return. America was far away, yes, but their current technology, planes and ships, the travels were fast and easy and Ophelia did not mind going on such journeys.

"My parents decided to move. We used to live in England before, but I don't remember much of that time. You see, I was only a kid when mother and father got their PhD and moved to America for work."

She had no bad opinions of the land, in fact some people were amazing there, but right now she was more than happy to take a rest from her former home. Maybe one day she'll return. But not too soon.
"Also my father likes British Educational System more, so here I am."
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffany Cruz Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:32 pm

Tiffany just had became stronger person. She used to cry a lot when people did bully her in past because well she was fat but right eating and exercises did miracle for her. She is now in norm weight like most girls in her age. She doesn't really eat many sweets nowadays just because she doesn't wanna become fat again. It's already bad that people bully her because she is muggleborn.

Everyone are different on this matter. She just tries to ignore them so much as she can. She just doesn't want them know that this hurts her feelings and so more. Girl also hopes that one day they realize it's useful thing to bully here because this won't change who she is no matter what they do or say.

"Oh I see. I have always lived in muggle London and still do. Being a witch was big surprise to me and my family," she said there now. "I didn't know until first year in school that there was any other magical schools, i did read about other schools from one book," she added there honestly now.
Tiffany Cruz
Tiffany Cruz
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 115

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Claire Rosewille Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:26 pm

London, like Hogwarts, were both strange places to her. Ophelia knew where the most important things lay or where she could get the major attraction from, but that was about it. No hidden corners, no streets -- just her home and unfortunately she had not had enough time to explore the city, but currently she had two school years of exploring to cover.

"Same," she admitted with a short nod. Both of her parents were muggleborn and before Ophelia none of them even had anything to do with magic, so her making things fly around only using her mind was a great sensation at the Rosewille's.

"Oh, when it became clear that I am a witch and I finally had all the possible ways to gain knowledge about my new world, I read a lot about different schools. You see, there are many in the United States only, but they are all linked together which means that transferring from one to another is easier than coming from there to the United Kingdom. The grading and educational system is also the same so basically you don't miss much. Here, however, things are a bit different.

There are other schools in other countries of Europe, too, most famous of them being the Durmstang Institute and the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, but You've probably heard about them already."

Of course she had! Everybody knew of those two schools. If only Ophelia had known French, she would have begged her parents to let her study at the Beauxbatons.
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffany Cruz Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:45 pm

London isn't so well known like is Hogwarts. She doesn't really know all hidden corners and so on either, it's just to big and always find something new when exploring London. At least Tiffany does.

"Oh I see. Well I have heard about quite many magical schools all around the world and read about them too. But my parents didn't like even idea that I come here at first, to Hogwarts. Now they have gotten used to with the idea i'm not normal kid anymore. If I wanted to transfer to some other magical school they won't allow me to do it," she said and sighed on that. She even had once idea to transfer to America magical school or Beauxbatons but with French school is that problem also she doesn't know enough of French to study there.

"Oh yeah about these two last schools I have heard and read more than any other magical school," she agreed with it.
Tiffany Cruz
Tiffany Cruz
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Claire Rosewille Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:36 pm

"Why wouldn't they allow it?" questioned Ophelia. Now, once they got talking and sharing personal information, she felt braver and better. But she understood what Tiffany meant with those words. Or at least she hoped she did.

Her parents had nothing against Ophelia going to a magical school as long as she did not do anything stupid and as long as her education was graded well. And she never failed them with that. She happened to be on top of her class for couple of years and hopefully those things would not change here. That would be quite a pity for someone who had spent so many hours studying at the library.

As for changing the schools... She did not know how her parents would react if she would one day go as an exchange student to France or, to say, Durmstang. They probably wouldn't be so happy about it. The traveling expenses and also the language courses were not the cheapest.

"Yes, well, they are so well known and almost everyone writes about them so its not a miracle if even a child knows something about the Academy and the Institute," was Ophelia's honest opinion. Whether they were over-rated or not, she had no clue.
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffany Cruz Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:05 pm

Tiffany sighed and wondered how to explain it. "Well they just doesn't like the magic that much. They don't really believe on it. Even now when it's know to muggles even that magic exists with them. Also they don't like me to go very far from home. They seem to be protective when word magic is said around me," she said then something. She sucked explaining it but it was nice to talk about it with someone. Most people here don't understand it.

She basically had same problem. The fees were to big for it for sure. "Oh Also because it would cost to much to go other magical schools than Hogwarts. Also learning the language," she said and sighed. Even if she was willing to learn and do that all she didn't have money for it.

"Yeah about them is written everywhere," she totally agreed with it. To be honest Tiffany has no idea if there over-rated or not too.
Tiffany Cruz
Tiffany Cruz
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Claire Rosewille Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:49 am

So she had that sort of parents.
Ophelia, on the other hand, was lucky. Her mother and father were both glad that there was magic in their family and they were more than just proud of their witch daughter.
Although they too had not much money, they had, at times, hinted at other schools as well, saying that they'd manage if it was for the educational purposes. As both of them had the doctor's degree, they only hoped that Ophelia would follow their footsteps and gain recognition with her smarts. Maybe one day.

"Overprotective can be good at times..." This was merely an opinion, but it was also said to make Tiffany feel a bit better. As much as she was to judge, it appeared that not only did Tiffany's parents try to protect her, but they also limited her freedom.

At least she got to go to Hogwarts...

"But so far I like it here. Wouldn't want to leave so soon," she chuckled quietly, deciding to change the topic slightly.
Hogwarts was very interesting and the House system was also very well working. She had to learn more about the school and its traditions.
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffany Cruz Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:30 pm

Tiffany sometimes hates her parents since they try to limited her freedom and saying in things. She just wants to have same much freedom as others but same time when it comes to buying school stuff she needs to go alone. Since her parents are always busy when she wants to go. She just doesn't get what they have so against her having magic even if it's been three years already.

Tiff has no idea what kind of way her parents want her to go. They have never talked about since they learned she has magic.

"Maybe," she said there now quietly and sighed. She couldn't agree with it and same couldn't disagree with it either. So saying maybe is good idea.

"That's good to hear," she said with a small smile on her face. It was good to change topic to something better for sure.
Tiffany Cruz
Tiffany Cruz
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Claire Rosewille Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:40 pm

Now that the tension had passed, Ophelia could breathe again and she leaned back on the sofa, back touching the soft surface of the seat.
"Yes, it is so different here. People are more polite, caring... Far more different than they were in America. More accepting." Not that she spoke to many, but hopefully Tiffany understood what she meant. She was bad with words.

Not that she believed that all Americans were the bad guys now. She simply had her own bad experience and that's it. Sometimes things change.

And she was about to see the change next year. Her mother already told her that they'd go on a vacation there and Ophelia, though cautious, wished to see other places as well, so she was quite excited.

"Anyhow... do you mind telling me more about yourself?" She seemed to be like a nice person and as they both were awake during this early hour and no one was around, why not get to know each other? She would not had asked this question if someone else would have been there.
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Ophelia Claire Rosewille
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffany Cruz Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:27 am

Tiffany nodded her head with a smile. "Well most of us here are nice and caring yeah. Never really been in America so can't compare," she said with a small smile on her face but she probably did understand what she did meant with it.

She wants to go and have vacation too but nowadays they barely go there as family. She isn't even sure why they don't go anymore nowhere. In past they used to go.

"Hmm what exactly you wanna know?" she asked there now. "In my free time I like to read books. I like rainy days more than sunny days actually. It's been like this ever since I was younger. You always could see me playing outside when it was raining and parents were always worried that I would get sick. I like all animals expect spiders, even if there insects actually," she said there now something. "May favorite color is blue," she added. She sucked when it came to talk about herself.
Tiffany Cruz
Tiffany Cruz
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top