Stuck in Second Gear - Page 9
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Stuck in Second Gear - Page 9 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Stuck in Second Gear

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stuck in Second Gear - Page 9 Empty Re: Stuck in Second Gear

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:40 pm

It was strange, in a way, for Adrienne to really stop and consider their situation. It wasn’t that she didn’t appreciate it or enjoy it. In fact, it was a bit of the opposite, really, which threw her off. Never had she been the forward type, and yet there she’d went. After her problems with Kaiden, she had tried to promise herself that, if nothing else, she would let the other person initiate something like this. Because while he had never tried to, someone else might be interested enough to do so.

But there went that plan.

She lifted her hand to his arm as he reached out, and she shook her head and smiled at him. “It’s not that at all. Just surprised myself is all.”

Upon finishing her sentence, she realized she was still essentially on top of him and didn’t know what to do about it. It was strange to think that earlier that evening he had been so distraught, and now they were here. She had hardly even registered the change once they’d sat down.

But then the doorbell rang. And that’s when she remembered. Pizza and bad TV. So she cleared her throat and stood, unable to keep her cheeks from burning as she went over to grab some money from her bag.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Everly Bardugo Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:54 am

Adrienne was trying, though not entirely successfully, to convince the man delivering their pizza that she was feeling fine. As soon as she closed the door, though, she heard Selwyn's comment and looked sharply over her shoulder. Somehow, her gaze actually focused in on him properly, which she hadn't expected.

"Excuse me?" She asked, her eyebrows lifting just enough that it was probably noticeable. "Either you've forgotten the fact that I'm married, or you think saying something like that will make tonight end differently. For your sake, actually, I hope it's neither."

She shook her head, then regretted doing so since she already felt a bit funny on her feet, and walked over to the table to set down their box. "It's insane to me that you think something like that would have happened. I don't even know you well enough to help when you're upset. Why would I-? I mean... Look, you've said what you want out of this and I said I would consider it. But you aren't exactly helping yourself by saying stuff like that."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:31 am

She chose to keep her thoughts to herself until Selwyn seemed to finish his points, trying to both calm herself and will herself to listen to his explanation. When he finished, though, she nearly wanted to laugh. Again, however, she couldn't determine whether or not she was doing so because of having drank so much or because she truly found it strange.

"Well, I obviously haven't either," she pointed out rather unhelpfully. "But you do realize, don't you, that it shouldn't necessarily be my job to initiate that? I'm not saying it has to be yours, but you could well have given it a go by now."

Shaking her head, she leaned her hips back against the wall as she turned to face him properly. "It was dumb," she nodded even as she crossed her arms. "But you didn't have to wait for me to do something."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:31 am

Adrienne would have chuckled at his reaction were she watching it from the outside somehow. But she, obviously, was not. Instead, she lifted her chin to maintain eye contact as he approached. She was rather amused, despite her lack of laughter, and couldn't really believe that she had managed to get him so worked up that he would finally react like this.

"Your game was very close to counting," she conceded. His breath floated across her ear, silencing her quite effectively. She also glanced down and away, trying to pretend that her pulse hadn't jumped when his hand found the wall. Or, equally, that it wasn't still racing beneath her skin.

When he leaned away, Adrienne let the corners of her mouth turn up as she looked up at him once more. "Much, yeah," she agreed a little too nonchalantly. "Maybe, if you're curious enough, you'll convince me to give it a go."

With that, she began inching away from his hand and back towards the couch, adding, "I think perhaps you want to find out."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:55 am

Adrienne smirked as he replied, laying out across the couch. Her head settled on one of the arm rests so she could still look at him, but she was the picture of relaxed even while he spoke. He was, essentially, saying that he wanted her to beg for it, wasn't he? She didn't have much intention of doing that. Unfortunately for him.

"I think you're forgetting, love, that women can hold out a whole lot longer than men can. Patience and all that," she jested, her smile broadening. "Now, you're welcome to disagree with that, but only until I prove that I'm right."

She wasn't sure if this qualified as a bet or not, but it felt like one, and after her last suggested bet had ended up so strangely, she probably shouldn't have considered another. And yet...

"I mean, it was fantastic, don't get me wrong. But I was fairly content to wait until you decided to do something about it. You're the one who was complaining and reaching for the wine, eh? I'm not sure you have it in you to wait for me to finally say that."
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top