Diagon Alley?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Diagon Alley? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Diagon Alley?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keep or Delete?

Diagon Alley? Bar_left83%Diagon Alley? Bar_right 83% 
[ 10 ]
Diagon Alley? Bar_left17%Diagon Alley? Bar_right 17% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 12

Diagon Alley? Empty Diagon Alley?

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Ok, do you think we should just get rid of Diagon Alley, so that you don't have to buy things before you go to Hogwart's?
You can either vote keep or delete. There is no other option, if you don't care, don't vote. Active members should generally have an opinion on this issue anyway.
Only vote on one account.
You can talk about it here, but no spam please!

Diagon Alley? Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Diagon Alley? Empty Re: Diagon Alley?

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:39 pm

I think we should keep it, 'cause it's a nice feature, and it's always nice to go buy items, open a gringotts account, etc. However, if the people who are the "owners" of the store never reply because they're inactive (or for whatever reason) then it is kinda pointless Wink

Hmm.. the only suggestion I could come up with would be to have it so you can enter a store and buy, without the owner needing to be involved. i.e. there will be a list of products and prices (example if it's an ink store - black ink, red ink, blue ink, etc. all 10 knuts). Then the student can RP entering:

Blah entered the store and decided that he wanted to buy black and red ink. He smiled at the cashier, handed him 20 knuts, and left feeling satisfied. (or whatever XD)

There is one thing that I think you could add that would make it... cooler? easier to remember? less confusing? "Student Trunks" or something like that. You could have an area for it, like there is an area for character plots. i.e. "Maddie's Trunk" - then I would post in there all the items that I've bought, etc. And if professors decide to have required items or something like that, they'd post in their trunk "DADA Items" and then list them after they buy them in Diagon Alley. Same goes for Gringotts accounts - maybe make it so the person can make their own, and then edit it accordingly (instead of having to post in the long topic, and having whoever posted it originally edit it). Idk, if that could work Wink

Oy. I think I made this too long, but hopefully it's not too confusing lol. Just my opinion Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:43 pm

Don't worry about long posts Maddie!! Lol xD.
The inactive thing is a problem, but we're trying to get active shop keepers to replace the inactive one's.
And the trunk thing, I do understand it. It's a good idea, but couldn't we just use Gringott's accounts for that? The long topics are kind of necessary, as if you did separate topics for everyone's accounts you would have to many topics, and it would become unmanagable. I'm the 'owner' of Gringott's, and Darren also helps, so that everything is updated quickly.

[[This is Jemma by the way, I just can't be bothered to switch accounts, I do Gringott's, etc. on my other account.]]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:16 pm

Ooh, yea lol Gringotts accounts work the same way as my trunk idea Very Happy
And I understand what you mean about it becoming unmanageable with too many separate topics... I can tell the site members like things in one topic lol which is fine, it just varies from site to site ^.^ And I agree that if you could have active shopkeepers, it would definitely be better than having them just go in and post - basically RP with themselves lol. But in the event that you didn't have someone active it would be an easy alternative Wink

Idk, I understand how someone could see Diagon Alley as unnecessary, but I've always liked it on sites and thought it a nice feature, even if it isn't used much (although it wouldn't be missed terribly if it were gone lol). But if there were active shopkeepers, I think it would be nice to keep, even if it's not really needed. Then again, that's just my opinion, and I can be a little loopy in the head What a Face
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:22 pm

Lol, we want your opinions! We want to see what everyone likes, it makes for a better site. We don't want to JUST do what the admins want, we make these topics to see what everyone wants. If it's a close call, the admins make a decision, but if it's clearly one way we usually go with the members.

Diagon Alley? Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:16 am

I agree we should keep it.It's a good way for newbies to get more posts!
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:33 pm

We, I think so too. Let's keep it Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:58 pm

Lol, you guys all seem to really like it. I don't mind it either really. It was Darren that came up with the idea of deleting it, lol Rolling Eyes.
More members, vote, opinions!

Diagon Alley? Qw9nLyk

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:20 pm

Well Darren has 20000 posts so why would he worry about starters?
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:52 pm

Yeah, it's not like they're gonna pass him or something Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top