Starting Hogwarts? :D
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Starting Hogwarts? :D Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Starting Hogwarts? :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Starting Hogwarts? :D Empty Starting Hogwarts? :D

Post by Pepper Brooks Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering when my character would be able to start going to lessons, should I jump in when the next school session begins on the 1st December? Or do I have to wait for an entirely new school year to begin in order for me to start up? Very Happy

Thank you very much for any help given - in advance Very Happy

Tiger :3
Pepper Brooks
Pepper Brooks
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 65

http://awittynameofyourchoice.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Starting Hogwarts? :D Empty Re: Starting Hogwarts? :D

Post by Barnaby Fontaine Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi! You definitely don't have to wait. In classes, you'd choose to have them late or say they were there the whole time. So there's no worries there Smile

We don't really worry too much about term start dates when it comes to new members, so you should be sorted Smile
Barnaby Fontaine
Barnaby Fontaine
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepper Brooks Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:44 pm

Wonderful! Thank you very much - and for the quick reply too. I'll make sure to be punctual to the next set of lessons when they begin then Very Happy
Pepper Brooks
Pepper Brooks
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnaby Fontaine Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:58 pm

We don't have a specific schedule for the next lessons, so you may want to just say she has been in the current ones the whole time. Otherwise you'd want to find some threads with Hogwarts students, as your character wouldn't be allowed in Hogsmeade yet. Students are probably your best bet for now, outside of threads with the professors. If you want a thread with one of them, look in the Hogwarts Roleplay Request forum, and there is a How-To for that Smile
Barnaby Fontaine
Barnaby Fontaine
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepper Brooks Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:06 pm

Ah okay I getcha! Thank you so much for your advice, it's helped me a lot. I'll be sure to check into the lessons that are currently going on Very Happy

Would I be allowed to post in Diagon Alley? Or would it be strictly limited to Hogwarts for the time being? Very Happy
Pepper Brooks
Pepper Brooks
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnaby Fontaine Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:09 pm

If you post in other forums, you just need to say that it's not happening during the school year. It could be during holiday or something, though!

And I'll be able to sort you into class pods in a bit when I'm on my computer, and you'll be good to go Smile
Barnaby Fontaine
Barnaby Fontaine
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pepper Brooks Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:16 pm

Thank you- that sounds like a plan! I'm going to get started role playing ASAP :3
Pepper Brooks
Pepper Brooks
First Year Ravenclaw
First Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top