Transfiguration FAQ
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Transfiguration FAQ Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Transfiguration FAQ

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Transfiguration FAQ Empty Transfiguration FAQ

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Hi! So because we have some new folks and because classes are starting up, I figured I should go ahead and get this up where people could see it.

Q: So what's the deal with Keiran and Adrienne?
A: Alrighty. Well, it's kind of a long story, but Keiran was the Transfig Professor and Slytherin HoH last year, but got on the Ministry's bad side, so he's kind of laying low and helping with the counseling thing. But because Addie went to his secret (well, it's only secret IC) school and helped him teach, she became something of his apprentice, though not in title. So anyway, she might reference him in her class posts if I'm trying to find some muse for her.

Q: Are there any "lessons" outside of class periods?
A: YEP! Addie feels pretty bad for stealing Keiran's job out from under him, she's holding sessions with him outside of class to get to know the students as well as play around with spells that are probably a bit above their age range, and to practice things they didn't get during class periods. Expect laughs, food, and possibly Keiran's babies. Very Happy

Q: How do House Points work this year?
A: Professors will be giving and taking points at their discretion. Want your character to get in a little trouble with their friends? Find a way to lose some points. Note that points will not be double digits this year. We are going back to using small numbers as they do in the books (reference HP 1). So you'll get one or two points for things, and be deducted the same numbers unless it's particularly spectacular or awful.

Q: So what if I don't know any of the people in my class Pod?
A: Well, the goal was to mix up ages and houses and genders, so hopefully you find some new plotting through the classes. I'm really wanting to make sure that this year is more exciting than the past ones.

Q: How can I get Adrienne to help me with my plotting ideas?
A: Use this thread here: https://www.pottersarmy.net/t19022-transfiguration-professor-adrienne-poliakoff
There's a thread in the HOW-TO for the forum. Remember, only requests for help from Professors go in that request forum. Other threads will be moved to the regular request section, so it would be better to just post them there. If you're not sure which professor to use, follow the instructions on the HOW-TO, and that should help you out. Smile
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top