Bienvenue a France ((Aria))
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Bienvenue a France ((Aria)) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Bienvenue a France ((Aria))

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bienvenue a France ((Aria)) Empty Bienvenue a France ((Aria))

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:02 pm

It was good long-night sleep. After a 12 hour shift at the hospital, it was refreshing. The day was sunny, how surprising was that? It was barely 8 AM and it was already too hot for anyone;s liking. The noon would be like fires of hell. Mari got up from her bed and rubber her eyes. She was awake and rested for a change. She was actually looking forward to today.

After she washed her face, brushed her hair and her teeth, she was completely awake. She went to the kitchen and made some morning tea with the plants she picked herself. When she was done with her tea, she decided to make a nice cold breakfast. She took various pieces of fruit and made a fruit salad and poured the glass of orange juice. When that all was done, and the dishes washed, she got dressed into a light blue summer dress with white belt and white sandals.

Her long red hair was in a pony tail, it was too hot outside to wear it free like she liked. She packed a notebook and a couple of books in her bag along with writing necessities. She also packed her wallet, her ID and a bottle of cold water. Her wand was securely placed under the belt to be handy in case she needed it.

After all that was complete, she hurried off to her morning engagement. As always, she took the subway line to the center of the city. Underground was particulary refreshing because the son didn't enter there and it was cold. She arrived at her destination fifteen minutes early. For some reason she decided to learn French. She knew few words, but that was it. She was actually enjoying learning a new language.

Mari arrived at the room 4A which was on the 2nd floor of a large yet incospicous building. The room had 8 seats in total, 4 benches, for 2 students each and a board. No one arrived just yet so she sat down and started rummaging through her bag taking out everything she needed for the class while waiting for anyone at all. She had to remember not to mention any wizzard habbits since majority and possibly all the students were muggles. The classroom started to fill, but nobody sat at her side yet. She assumed most people brought friends for more fun unlike her..
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Bienvenue a France ((Aria)) Empty Re: Bienvenue a France ((Aria))

Post by Aria Haywood Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:47 pm

Aria did wake today up quite early once again. She had for today plans already made. She had free day from her work today. She did get out of her bed and walked downstairs where, was her mother in the kitchen and drinking coffee. She smiled to her and said 'good morning'. She heard same thing back too. Then she did took herself a coffee too in her cup and did make a few sandwiches for herself for breakfast.

After eating and drinking she did put her used dishes in dishwasher, what they had bought last year. She then walked back to in her room. She opened her cupboard and looked inside there. Then she looked for a second out of her window and saw there sun so she decided to put today dress on. Now she needed choose one. Soon she did took out purple summer dress. She did put it on with her black flats. She even did place a black belt on her dress. She did brush her blonde hair and didn't do anything else with them.

After that she did took her bag and but there notebook, pencils, cellphone and other necessary things. Now she was ready to go and take French lessons what she had decided to take this year. She knew few words, what she did hear awhile visiting France awhile traveling few months ago but she really wasn't sure what they meant.

She walked again downstairs. She said her mother that she is going out and will be back later. After that she opened the door and walked to her car. Yes she had licenses actually but she didn't really usually use the car, even if she had her own. So she did drive to near the building where her lesson was held. Soon she reached there and did park her near park lot what was there.

She did stop then engine once she was parked. Then she did get out of car and closed the door. Then she locked the car and walked towards the building. She walked soon in and began to look for class A4. Soon she found it and did walk in. She saw most seats were taken.

She did walk towards one red haired girl. Soon she reached to her and then asked. "Hey, may I sit here next to you?" she asked so politely as she could and did even smile a little bit.
Aria Haywood

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:19 pm

((FYI: I am used to shorter posts though most people prefer if I write a novel so I do, but eventually after too much description, we either get bored or we lose the point, so if you prefer me to write longer ones just say so.. You can ofcourse keep to the length that makes you comftable, just have in mind that the longer my posts are, the longer it takes for me to reply)) Very Happy

As people walked by her, some greeting her in English and some in French, she almost roboticlly answered tham sometimes on one, sometimes on other language. There were 4 females (including herself) and 3 males mostly young adults. Two guys sat together next to her, behind them was a guy and a girl, and behind her own desk sat the remaining boy and girl. They all in all were a cheerful crowd, she exchanged a few words with the couple behind her who informed her that they were taking this course because they wanted to go to honeymoon in southern France. The girl was 2 or 3 years older than herself, and her fiancee looked a couple of years older.

She almost thought there wasn't an 8th in this course when the girl with blonde hair walked inside and made her way to the one open seat, which would be next to her. "Hi, by all means do. This is a free country after all.." she replied politely and in her usual cheerful manner. "These are Mark and Jenifer, we just met 2 minutes ago and they are soon going to the altar.." she said considering the fact that maybe it was too much unasked info from her side. "So how did you end up learning French with us?" she asked obnoxious to rudeness for not remembering to tell the poor girl her name or to ask her what was hers..
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Haywood Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:48 pm

((I don't care about length. I usually write too shorter posts. That was my first longest post here. I was very surprised when I hade finished how many words it had. So no need for long posts))

Aria nodded on that all info now what she heard. She did take a seat and looked behin her. "Hey," she said to them and then she heard the red hair color question. "I did went to French few months ago and this language sounded good but I couldn't understood a word what they said so I decided to learn it," she then answered to her question now with a smile.

"Oh, I'm Aria," she then introduced herself then to all of them. "It's so nice to meet you for sure," she addd then. She wasn't still sure what was this red haired girls name. "Oh and you are?" she asked then from her with a smile. She really wanted to know with who she will now sit together.
Aria Haywood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Mari nodded smiling, she did go to France once or twice, but she was visiting a friend's family who knew and could help her with the language. "Yes one tip for when you go to France. Avoid using English because they hate it. I tried a couple of times when I went to buy an ice cream and they were grimacing like I were speaking insults rather than civilized language.." she said remembering the all not too pleasant expirience.

The girl's question took her off guard, she missed the fact that in her all too conversational mood, she failed to mention her own name. She stopped herself from grimacing at herself just in time. "It's a pleasure Aria and sorry I forgot. My name is Mariana, though people usually call me Mari. Even people I don't like and would very much like to hit with a standard book of..." she stopped herself just in time. She was about to say spells. Good job Mariana, why don't you draw your wand while you're at it.. she thought to herself. Nothing about Aria could tell her whether she was or wasn't a witch, and to speak the truth, it would be a very strange coincidence if two witches applied for the same course.. "If it isn't disrespectful from my part, may I ask how old are you Aria?" she asked trying to change the subject, but knowing that some women were sensitive of their age. Aria seemed young, so she hoped she won't take the question the wrong way..
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Haywood Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:34 pm

Aria smiled and nodded there. "Youre so right about it. For me they did that grimacing too when I went to few shops there. It was so weird and unpleasent for sure," she had to say it out for sure.

"Oh good name. I'll call you Mari then," she said with smile. It had just one word difference from her own name. She wasn't sure what she wanted to say at first with her sentence when she didn't say word out. Soon she realized and she had to smile. She didn't say out what she thought it could be since she wasn't sure who these others were in this classroom.

"I'm just 18 currently. Soon to be 19, like few days" she answered with smile. She didn't really mind people asking it from her. "And you are how old?" she asked then even back.
Aria Haywood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:58 pm

"I didn't go to Paris or anything, it was a small town in northern France. They all knew my full name by the time lapse of 12 hours." she replied not remembering any shops there apart from food shop and pharmacy. People were pleasant enough though only when you kept off English.

Mari smiled at the comment. "Most people don't even know what my name means since I am part-mexican, or rather my mother was." she said in explenation before her co-speaker concluded she was a mental case. Maybe she was who is really sane these days.

Fair question in return, though she expected it. She wasn't worked up about her age, to her it was more sign of expirience than its actual meaning. "I'm 21, though my birthday is in August so I'll be 22 soon. If we keep it this pace maybe I'll even invite you to my birthday party." she smiled feeling a little old next to her new younger friend. Two people walked in, they looked in their middle fourties so she assumed they were their teachers. They had an unmistakable image of Frenchman and Frenchwoman. It was hard to say how she came to that conclusion, their countenance seemed to remind her of someone. "I suppose we can always continue this chat later." she commented in half-whisper.

((Okay I didn't really plan much ahead, we can either skip the class, or it can be canceled for some reason or we can roleplay through it though I'm not sure how that one will go. Either way I'll know from your next post, it's all the same to me)) Smile
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Haywood Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:06 pm

"Oh okay. I did visit Paris and few smaller cities. Mostly in smaller cities they looked me at wierd when i spoke english," she said then there with smile. "My name is very easy to memorize so yeah it most people in smaller cities knew it too," she had to admit it.

"Oh okay. I'm full brithis, my brother parents are from England and also their families and so on," she said then with wide smile. She liked here in England very much and she would never really go and live somewhere else.

"Oh cool. I'm not sure yet who I'll invite to my party. Let's see, I haven't even really started to plan it, I have just busy with work and other things in my life," she had to say honestly there. She didn't want to lie to them. She looked at front then too. "Sure why not," she whispered then back.

((We can skip the class for now. Let's say they did learn there something new and so on))
Aria Haywood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Mari didn't get the chance to reply when two people with heavy French accents started to greet them and moved on to today's lecture. The lesson lasted total one and a half hour, Mari was amazed by the amount of information their teachers springed on them in such a short period. She finished taking notes and stretched in her chair after class was dismissed. "Well that was interesting. French is one complicated language. I don't think I could have learned that from books." she replied standing up to stretch her legs too. They were stiff from all the sitting in one position.

Suddenly she wished for a cozy armchair. Mari had a day off from work today, and it wasn't even noon yet. She suspected she would find her apartment empty so she suddenly had a thought. "Hey Aria, could I persuade you to join me for a cup of tea or something? There's a small park only a block away. I saw it when I was walking here from the metro station. There's a cute looking cafe there with puffy armchairs." she asked wondering how bold did that sound. They barely even knew each other, but Aria seemed friendly enough. Mari started packing after the question trying to feign nonchalance and give the girl the opportunity to refuse her if she thought the suggestion a bit bold.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Haywood Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Aria did learn many new words from this class today too. She was very glad that she did take this lesson for her to improve in french. "Yeah it was interesting lesson for sure. Yeah I think the same for sure," she said then with a smile back to her and also stood up to stretch her legs. Sitting for long time doesn't do ever very much good.

Aria listened her and then thought a little bit about. "Sure let's go. Sounds like good idea. I came with my own car so I missed that place in the park but we still can go and chat with each others," she said with smile to her. She couldn't really resist the offer right now.
Aria Haywood

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top