Why hello there! - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Why hello there! - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Why hello there!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why hello there! - Page 2 Empty Re: Why hello there!

Post by Amber Lockwood Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:11 am

Then Yumi Zante it is! ^^
As for threads - currently I am omw to work so I wont be able to make any threads so unless you don't mind waiting, I will most likely create one (or two) sometime in the evening.
Amber Lockwood
Amber Lockwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:39 am

So, I don't know if you've heard of Darren Isaacson, but he's a bit of a funny character. One of the favorites of my new-ish folks. He was in Ravenclaw, though he's 19 now and thus graduated. He's a University student studying Psychology, and also takes Photos for the Prophet, though he's sort of hiding out a little bit right now to avoid the Marriage Law, among other things.

But yes. He's a mix between Sherlock from the BBC show and Dr. House from House MD if you've watched either of those. He loves to bother people to see what they'll do. He doesn't exactly do "friends" because he doesn't trust anyone who isn't smarter than him or doesn't push him to do bizarre things. He only has two real friends, but he and Amber might be interesting to put in a thread together.

Another interesting one: Christian Zabini. The younger of the Zabini twins (the elder is on his way soon!), Christian is not the heir to the family, and thus more or less ignored by his father but over-mothered by his mum because she knows he just wants approval. Basically, he plays into the Fool For Love trope, and could potentially find her interesting. I won't promise anything with him because I haven't seen him romantically interested in anyone yet. But he may not have an endgame (like, ever) so it wouldn't be definite. We could put the in a thread and see what happens, though, if he sounds interesting. He's a 7th year Hufflepuff.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:12 pm

Ooo hey!!

Is Amber starting the fifth year in September or has she just finished the fifth year? I have a Ravenclaw (Bertie Nogard) who is starting the fifth year in September so it would be good if they were already acquaintances, maybe friends to an extent?

Even if they are in different years I'm sure we could thread when Hogwarts starts!
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Lockwood Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:15 am

Darren sounds very interesting, especially since I am a big fan of Sherlock Holmes, but as for House, I have never seen the show, but the first one is enough to get my attention. I think Amber would find him extremely interesting as well, especially why he would want to bother people and how he gets along with them.

Zabin boy is also interesting. She needs friends and yes, I believe while he in the shadow of his older brother, Amber could help him to comeout of it.

Amber is starting her fifth year at Hogwarts now, yes. And yes, friends are always good. Just tell me when you are up to it and we can work on it Very Happy
Amber Lockwood
Amber Lockwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Lockwood Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:43 pm

BUMP because I want to rp Smile
Amber Lockwood
Amber Lockwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:00 pm

So sorry. Just saw your replies. I'm going to get back on a proper computer tonight so I owe some graphics but I can work on threads with those if you want.

As for Darren, it would have to be somewhere outside of Diagon Alley since he is avoiding being seen by Wizards just now. But we could start Christian now or in the fall when classes start.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilyana Volkova Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:09 am

I have this character (Lilyana Volkova), she is a 4th year Slytherin and a Dark Follower so i guess we could RP on a rival basis though I'm not sure how we could start it, I never tried to make one of my characters be hostile before. Any ideas? Smile
Lilyana Volkova
Lilyana Volkova
Fourth Year Slytherin
Fourth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Lockwood Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:19 am

We can rp with Christian and Amber since they both go to school and are almost (if not) the same year? They might have some things in common perhaps, and I suppose they could even manage becoming friends of sorts.

Rival basis sounds interesting although I have the same issue as you: I have not written a hostile character in a very long while, but I am sure we can somehow pull it off. Then again I believe we will need a third party member to pull them off of each other x)
Amber Lockwood
Amber Lockwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilyana Volkova Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:55 pm

I have no idea who to use as intermediator, as you probably noticed I made Lilyana to be a typical arrogant Slytherin though more discrete one Smile There would have to be a reason for her to become particulary hostile and call your attention. Maybe treat ill someone we could either NPC or who would volonteer to do so. Do you have any simmilar reason in mind? Somethong that would set you character off too, I don't know what Amber particulary hates to see in someone?
Lilyana Volkova
Lilyana Volkova
Fourth Year Slytherin
Fourth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Holt Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:29 pm

Christian will be a 7th year this fall. But they could have met through friends or something at the very least. Do you want a thread somewhere now or one when classes start?
Lucien Holt

Number of posts : 612
Special Abilities : Seer l Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum