Swish And Flick
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Swish And Flick Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Swish And Flick

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Swish And Flick Empty Swish And Flick

Post by Hallie Cooper Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:22 am

The healer had told Hallie to try and get used to her prosthetic, make the remaining limb sit comfortably with the prosthetic. She'd told her to go for short walks, not too long a distance or duration. Of course, Hallie being Hallie had taken the specifics of this instruction with a pinch of salt. She had the ability to move her leg once again, walk down the street almost properly. There were still balance issues and the amount of concentration Hallie had to give whenever she walked as wearing her energy thin.

She didn't want to overdo herself and get rashes, blisters and scars from wearing the limb too much but the auror was eager to get back to work, it may be a long time off but the sooner the better.

After getting the knight bus to the leaky cauldron and taking half an hour to hobble her way through the busy pub and down the cobbled street of Diagon Alley, which proved to be a minefield, Hallie found herself opening the door of Marcheti's Wand Store. Her breathing was heavy, she felt sweaty and the annoying clunk her prosthetic was providing wasn't only making her think how badly she would fail the stealth and tracking portion of the training. The famed auror, Alastor Moody, had worn a wooden leg that was much more clunkier than Hallie's more muggle-like limb, and he'd still managed to worn. Maybe, over time, walking with this darn leg would become a bit more natural.

Locating exactly where the plastic foot was Hallie lifted her toes, then extended to the heel. Once the entire foot was off from the floor she inclined her knee, moved her leg forward, and pressed her foot once more onto the ground. Sigh. This was taking much longer than she'd expected. The healer hadn't been lying when they said walking would tire her out. A quick half an hour round trip seemed as though it would take her over three hours at the rate she was going.

Closing the door behind her with a kick of her good foot Hallie saw a lone wooden chair in the corner by the window. Perfect. She'd simply sit there and shout for one of the workers to come from behind the back, which is where they no doubt were.

One quick step. One slow step. The thud of her walking stick.

Just another twelve feet to go.

Who in the world thought a prosthetic was useful?

I really need to take this off soon, it's rubbing too much.

I'm not going to have any leg left after this.

Finally with one quick step, one slow step and the thud of her walking stick Hallie had reached the chair and collapsed onto it, dropping her walking stick onto the floor.

'Hello?' She called out, her eyes searching the scene ready to spot a worker who would help her, perhaps make a glass of water too. A custard cream wouldn't be too bad either but Hallie guessed that could be pushing it.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Swish And Flick Empty Re: Swish And Flick

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:14 am

Vivianna had been having a surprisingly good day. Well, she supposed that that statement was rather subjective. She'd been having a much better day than her last few, at any rate. It had hardly been a good day, but it hadn't exactly been a bad one either, and these days that was a step up from the norm.

Her employer was more busy than usual, and therefore had asked Vivianna to work as many hours and shifts as she reasonably could. The teenager had been glad for the out, happily accepting the excuse to spend as little time inside the school as possible. The redhead had been spending practically all of her free time in the store, to the pleasure of Mr. Marcheti and her pocketbook.

Vivianna had no need for free time anymore, when it came down to it. She no longer could spend time with Bertie, and despite her love of cold even she wasn't a fan of tree climbing or swimming during a frigid Scottish January. Even playing around with her Potions gear wasn't a good idea anymore. She'd tried it once, mind wandering, and had ended up brewing the very draught that she was trying to break her addiction to. No, her cauldron was far too much of a temptation these days. Furthermore, wandering around the castle far increased her chances of running into Reid. While the Slytherin wasn't exactly avoiding the transfer student, sequestering herself away in a wand shop had never sounded like a better idea.

Vivianna had heard the door of the shop open, but figured that the costumer could wait for a few moments, considering that she was handling raw unicorn tail strands and wanted to ensure that they wouldn't get tangled while she was dealing with the patron.

"Yes," Vivianna responded politely as she rounded the corner, "what can I help you with?" Immediately the girl began to analyze the witch before her. The blonde was seated upon a stool, and a cane was lying carelessly on the floor next to her. The woman's face was slightly flushed, and she was perspiring as if she'd just jogged a fair distance. Her breath was slightly uneven, and the redhead couldn't help but think that there was something a tad familiar about her face.

"Never mind, silly question," the student said, knowing from just a glance what the blonde was there for. There were three types of costumers, as far as Vivianna was concerned. There were the wizards who were having problems with their wand, those who wanted a holster or some other wand-carrying contraption, and those who needed a wand. The witch was not irritated and impatient, nor holding her wand out for a fitting, meaning that it had to be the latter of the three possibilities.

"You need a wand," Vivianna stated simply, almost positive that what she was saying was fact. Taking a few steps to her left, the teenager plopped herself down behind the main desk, and grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill. The patron was an adult, meaning that this would not be her first wand. With cases like this, Vivianna had always found it easier to ask the customer a few questions about their previous wand, as it was much easier to narrow down what wouldn't be a good fit from them if one had a point to start from.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:05 am

It wasn't long before a red head, who could be by no means out of Hogwarts, came into view from the back room. She had short Ginger hair that curled to her shoulders and something about the way she carried herself, her cool tone, reminded Hallie of someone. Had she met the girl before? It was likely Hallie had passed her around the castle, yes, that had to be it.

Before Hallie could respond to the, as the assistant put it, silly question, the red head had gone on to guess that Hallie was in need of a new wand. The blue eyes narrowed slightly and her top lip rubbed her front teeth. 

How did she know? Since the incident, and upon stumbling an article about her husband where she was mention, Hallue had become rather paranoid. Self conscious. She still didnt know how Henry knew she was going to be at Godrics Hollow and now this girl, this sixteen-or-there-about year old girl knew she had lost her wand. She couldn't have been in on what had happened? She couldn't have known could she? If she was a Slytherin maybe they always were the most eager to venture to the dark arts, perhaps this girl was a death eater or a dark follower.

'Yes, I need a new wand.' Hallie repeated softly, not wanting to give too much about herself away. 'Although I probably wont be able to use it considering I have my stick in my wand hand.' She added, raising her right hand.

Hallie studied the girl. Where did she know her from? It was defiantly Hogwarts but she was sure she'd had a conversation with her before. Not in detention surely? Was she the girl who had been 'covering for another prefect?'. No. No it couldn't be could it? She looked different, it wasn't her, then again everyone looks different out of their school robes. 

'Umm.' Do I know you? Is what she wanted to say, instead 'Could I have a glass of water please?' Came out. So much for being brave, although in fairness Hallie was quiet parched after her journey. 
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:00 pm

"Of course," the redhead said with a polite smile. Pushing her chair away from the desk, Vivianna stood and headed back towards the store room. Leaving the customer alone in the main area of the wand shop, the teenager weaved between the shelves of the storage rooms only to step into the staff lounge. Fetching a glass of cool water for the blonde, the Slytherin headed back the way she had came.

"Here you go," Vivianna announced, handing the cup to the blonde before heading back to the desk she'd previously been seated behind. Watching the woman grasp the glass, the student couldn't help but feel like she'd definately met the blonde before. The customer seemed about the right age to be just out of Hogwarts, but the Varnes girl was certain that it was something more than that. No matter, it would come to her sooner or later.

"So," Vivianna started with her work smile firmly in place, "tell me a little about your last wand; what it was made of, length, what it was best for. It'll help me find a wand that will fit you. It's always a little harder to find a good wand once you've already had one." The redhead had a quill in hand before she'd even finished speaking, ready to take notes.

It was an odd time of year for an adult to need a new wand. Most of these types of customers came in the summer, or at the very least when the weather wasn't so cold. It had amused Vivianna, at first, how the weather had such a direct correlation to how many people broke wands. Despite her burning curiosity, the redhead wouldn't ask what had happened, the loss of a wand was always a touchy subject. It was understandable enough. To the average wizard, one's wand was practically a part of them. To loose or break a wand was comparable to loosing a limb. Then again, it looked like the poor blonde was unlucky enough to have lost both.

"Not necessarily," Vivianna felt the need to tell the woman before her, "I'll make sure you get an ambidextrous wand. That way you can use it in your left hand for the time being. The wand movements might be a little difficult to get used to, but I've seen people be successful with it."
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:25 am

Watching the redhead retreat into the back room Hallie gazed around the shop. It wasn't too different from Ollivanders, a simple layout. There were a few extra seats but besides that it seemed reasonably similar. It began to bring back the memory of when she bought her first wand, Toby begging his Mum for one too, who ignored him; having Ollivanders measure her height an the length of her arm whilst Toby continued to ask for a wand. It had been a good day, a day with a leg.

It was funny how easily the wand she'd received that day had been disarmed from her hand so easily by Henry. Perhaps there was more to wandlore than met the eye. Ollivander had told her the wand chooses the witch, that it is tailored to the individual. Maybe that is true, it goes through your magical life. Was that why Henry had disarmed her so easily, because of her history with him? Curse Henry. Hallie missed her pear wand, eleven inches with a dragonheartstring core. She doubted her new wand would compare to it but considering there was no alternative Hallie was at least going to give it a try.

'Thank you.' Hallie said, more politely than she had been the past few weeks, a she accepted the water and took a gulp.

'It was pear wood, dragon heart string and I can't really remember the length exactly but I think it was about eleven inches give or take a quarter.' She replied, struggling to think if it was exactly eleven. She had always believed it to be but most people didnt have an exact inched wand, usually they were a quarter or half an now Hallie was unsure whether she'd simply been rounding her wand length to eleven inches. If only she hadn't lost it. It was all Ana Levski's fault.

'It was good for defensive magic.' Hallie began, ''Unflexible, produced powerful shield charms, not easily disarmed well-' She paused, 'Until I lost it.' The last four words were spoken to the floor, a cocktail of bitterness and angst dripped into her tone. Would she be as an accomplished witch with her new wand? She was excellent at transfiguration, or had been, it was something she loved and one day believed that she'd be an animagus but was her strength in transfiguration never a talent of hers but her wands? 'Transfiguration.' Hallie added looking up and concluding her answer.

(OOC: my mood/muse is all over the place lately so I am sorry if my reply is weird or not how I'd usually write)

(OOC: sorry to god mod Toby there)
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:12 am

((OOC: I liked Hallie in this one. And no worries, that's something Toby would do.))

Nodding a few times to show that Vivianna was listening and had understood, the girl set to work, scribbling away furiously at the parchment before her. A few minutes later, the paper read:

Old wand
Pear wood, dragon heartstring, 11 inches? Inflexible. Good for defense/shielding and Transfiguration. Loyal wand?

New Wand
Woods
Unlikely: Apple, Beech, Birch, Black Ironwood, Elm, Eucalyptus, Fir, Fig, Ginkgo, Kaya, Laurel, Lilac, Magnolia, Papyrus, Plum, Reed, Sequoia, Sweetgum, Vinewood, White Pine

Maybe: Acacia, Alder, Apricot, Aspen, Black Walnut, Blue Spruce, Cherry, Dogwood (resilient, might be a plus), Ebony (dark), Elder, Hemlock, Hornbeam, Koa, Larch, Mahogany, Mango, Maple, Greek Olive, Italian Olive, Pine, Poplar, Redwood, Rosewood (core dependent), Sycamore, Willow

Likely: Almond, Ash, Cedar, Chestnut (good for Transfig but bad for DADA-ask), Cypress (good for Transfig but dark-ask), Hawthorn, Hazel, Holly, Ivy, Juniper, Lime, Madrona (any in stock?), Oak, Peach, Pear (perhaps not a good idea?), Rowan, Spruce, Walnut, Yew (good for Transfig, but dark)

Cores
Unlikely: Billywig Stingers, Cherub Hair, Crup Tail, Demiguise Hairs, Doxy Wings, Erumpent Hide, Erkling Darts, Flobberworm Mucus, Fwooper Feather, Ghoul Slime, Glumbumble Honey, Ghome Saliva, Jobberknoll Down, Knarl Quills, Pixie Eggs, Ramora Scales, Re'em Blood (very bad idea), Red Cap Hair, Sphinx Whisker (must remember to order more of these), Veela Hair, Winged Horse Feather

Maybe: Ashwinder Eggs, Augurey Tail Feather (not if light), Bowtruckle Bark, Brownie Hair (loyal, but fragile), Diricawl Feather, Fairy Wings (blend with Unicorn Hair, perhaps?), Fire Crab Ash, Gryphon Claw, Hippogriff Feather, Imp Eggs (dark), Jarvey Tongue (brill for Transfig, but with her personality?), Kappa Scale, Kitsune Tail Hair, Mooncalf Blood

Likely: DRAGON HEARTSTRING, Phoenix Feather (unless dark), Unicorn Hair (figure out more about her personality), Boomslang Venom (expensive, but good for Transfig), Graphorn Skin (good for defense and dueling), Kelpie Hair (great for Transfig, but risk?), Kirin Hair, Kneazle Whiskers (great for defense), Murtlap Scale, Powdered Clabbert Horn (DADA boost, but will need to blend), Selkie Skin (good for Transfig, but judge her first), Streeler Slime (unless she gardens)

Realizing that she hadn't managed to narrow down possible wands nearly as much as she'd hoped, Vivianna frowned down at her list. Glancing up at the blonde before her, the Slytherin let out a sigh, and looked back down towards the parchment. Rubbing a hand over her face, the redhead decided that she seriously needed more information.

"You may need a blended core," she said, before realizing that the blonde might not know what that meant and rushed to add, "that's two cores in the same wand." Peering down at her list once more, the half-blood tilted her head to the side, pondering over all the things that she'd need to know about the woman before her,

"Are you dark?" Vivianna asked without a thought, before realizing how easily her question could be misconstrued. "I'm not trying to imply anything, I don't care, it'd just really help me narrow things down a bit," the student rushed to explain, remembering how insulted a man had once gotten upon her asking. "And uh, a profession or house wouldn't go amiss either," the redhead added awkwardly, lack of sleep finally getting to her.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:01 pm

A blended core? Hallie hadn't heard of one before, having got her previous wand from Ollivander who believed one core would suffice. It was a shame that he died, died old, but still death wasn't exactly welcoming right now. Not in Hallie's eyes anyway. Too many people she knew had taken the path towards the light, and in some cases towards the cindered pathway to the devils doorway: Alexis D'Eath.

Dark. Was this witch seriously asking if Hallie was a dark witch? Here she sat with half a leg because of a dark wizard and this girl was suspecting Hallie was dark. Raising her eyebrows in offense Hallie could hardly resist her tongue. 'I'm an auror so you can work that one out for yourself.' Wow. She hadn't meant to sound so offensive, looking down in regret of her rudeness Hallie sipped her water before adding softly. 'Gryffindor.'

Not that being a Gryffindor mean't she was against the dark arts for it had been a Gryffindor who had tortured her, turned death eater. Henry Yewbeam. The past month Hallie had thought about finding him, trying to help him. He'd become the opposite of the person she knew and Hallie could hardly believe it was permanent. One day he'd see his senses, but would he? Surrounded by death eaters wasn't going to help he needed someone to ground him, battle through his addiction and dark tendencies. Hallie had to keep reminded herself, it wasn't her job. There were still feelings for Henry, perhaps there always would be, after all he had been her first love but... but he had hurt her too many times, turned dark and even though Hallie knew he wasn't a dark person she couldn't find him. She couldn't be the one to help him. Henry needed someone else to do that.
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:09 pm

Vivianna winced slightly as the blonde snapped at her, there was a reason that the manager position suited her better than sales assistant had. Being the store's part-time manager meant lots of paperwork and dealing with orders, and far less interaction with customers.

"I'm sorry," the redhead apologized, attempting to console the woman before her, "I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't hand you something that could blow up in your face. I've seen dark-leaning wands literally attack light wizards. And visa versa." Despite the pleasant façade upon her face, Vivianna felt her bloody boil slightly. She didn't understand what was so offensive about being dark. Sure, people like the Death Eaters hardly gave them a good name, but it wasn't like all dark practitioners were murders. She was dark, after all. Then again, perhaps she wasn't the best example, considering the amount of laws she'd broken in the past few years.

Nodding, because of course the witch had been a bloody Gryffindor, Vivianna went back to scribbling upon her list. A handful of moments later the list was narrowed down, and far messier than it had been before.

Old wand
Pear wood, dragon heartstring, 11 inches? Inflexible. Good for defense/shielding and Transfiguration. Loyal wand?

New Wand
Woods
Unlikely: Apple, Beech, Birch, Black Ironwood, Elm, Eucalyptus, Fir, Fig, Ginkgo, Kaya, Laurel, Lilac, Magnolia, Papyrus, Plum, Reed, Sequoia, Sweetgum, Vinewood, White Pine

Maybe: Acacia, Alder, Apricot, Aspen, Black Walnut, Blue Spruce, Cherry, Dogwood (resilient, might be a plus), Ebony (dark), Elder, Hemlock, Hornbeam, Koa, Larch, Mahogany, Mango, Maple, Greek Olive, Italian Olive, Pine, Poplar, Redwood, Rosewood (core dependent), Sycamore, Willow

Likely: Almond, Ash, Cedar, Chestnut (good for Transfig but bad for DADA-ask), Cypress (good for Transfig but dark-ask), Hawthorn, Hazel, Holly, Ivy, Juniper, Lime, Madrona (any in stock?), Oak, Peach, Pear (perhaps not a good idea?), Rowan, Spruce, Walnut, Yew (good for Transfig, but dark), Aspen, Blue Spruce,

Cores
Unlikely: Billywig Stingers, Cherub Hair, Crup Tail, Demiguise Hairs, Doxy Wings, Erumpent Hide, Erkling Darts, Flobberworm Mucus, Fwooper Feather, Ghoul Slime, Glumbumble Honey, Ghome Saliva, Jobberknoll Down, Knarl Quills, Pixie Eggs, Ramora Scales, Re'em Blood (very bad idea), Red Cap Hair, Sphinx Whisker (must remember to order more of these), Veela Hair, Winged Horse Feather

Maybe: Ashwinder Eggs, Augurey Tail Feather (not if light), Bowtruckle Bark, Brownie Hair (loyal, but fragile), Diricawl Feather, Fairy Wings (blend with Unicorn Hair, perhaps?), Fire Crab Ash, Gryphon Claw, Hippogriff Feather, Imp Eggs (dark), Jarvey Tongue (brill for Transfig, but with her personality?), Kappa Scale, Kitsune Tail Hair, Mooncalf Blood

Likely: DRAGON HEARTSTRING, Phoenix Feather (unless dark), Unicorn Hair (figure out more about her personality), Boomslang Venom (expensive, but good for Transfig), Graphorn Skin (good for defense and dueling), Kelpie Hair (great for Transfig, but risk?), Kirin Hair, Kneazle Whiskers (great for defense), Murtlap Scale, Powdered Clabbert Horn (DADA boost, but will need to blend), Selkie Skin (good for Transfig, but judge her first), Streeler Slime (unless she gardens)

"Alright," the teenager said aloud, eyes still glued to her paper and quill still in hand, "I think I've narrowed things down as much as I'm gonna be able to without putting a wand in your hand and seeing how it reacts." Tossing down the quill, Vivianna stood from her seat and bustled over to a shelf at the back of the room, pulling two boxes into her arms.

"Try these," the Slytherin said, handing the wands to the seated witch, "top one's phoenix feather and hawthorn, eleven inches. The other one is murtlap scale and walnut, eleven and a half. I don't really expect either to be a perfect match, but I need to try you with these cores and woods, see if they've got potential."
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:39 am

Hallie licked her front tooth, her thumbs lightly tapping the empty glass that once contained water. It would have been so much easier if Henry had just stunned her from behind. She would never have withdrew her wand, never have lost it and maybe not have been tortured as long. Of course his poor aim had alerted her and then she'd been disarmed. Her wand had no resistance to Henry for some reason, almost as if it hadn't wanted to fight him. Hallie had pondered that thought a lot. Why had her wand simply slipped away into the snow, Henry's disarming spell hadnt even hit her properly, it was as if her pear wand had been a lightning wand wanting to be disarmed so Hallie couldn't fight. Her wand had been through her love with him, sensed the pure emotion Hallie had felt for the first and only time. Had she loved Theodore? Perhaps she'd started to but her and Henry had been beautiful, a blossoming lotus, a romantic blood red sun. They'd been the missing piece to each other. The pear wand had been with Hallie's saddest year, the year she sent Toby away, then Henry healed her. He had been the cure to her broken heart took her from the darkness and for that she had been forever in his debt. Did that mean the debt was over? 

Distracted from her thoughts Hallie looked up and took the boxes, opening the first. 

Phoenix feather core. It certainly made her feel something, the wand felt warm in her hands as though it would lead her on a journey away from her amputation. Sharply stabbing her wand at the glass she'd placed on a table Hallie thought hard: 'evanesco'. 

It vanished. If only her pain could vanish. If only the depression and constant sigh vanished from her. It didn't, she didn't feel anything but saddened after her pondering about her wand and it's defiance at the sight of Henry. If only Hallie didn't have so many feelings.

Returning the wand to it's case the blonde took the next. Walnut. It certainly looked handsome, shiny and strong. Much like her pear. Over the years Hallie had mistreated her wand, she hadn't polished it every day like her Mother had told her to yet it didn't matter. The pear wood had kept it's newish sheen. 

Waving the wand and thinking the words 'depulso.' the crutches on the floor fire towards the counter, crashing roughly into it. No. It didn't feel right, the spell had the same output as her pear would have done but there was something missing. The character of Hallie's Wandwork wasn't there with either of them. Whatever it was Hallie couldn't understand, nor could she explain, it simply didn't feel how the spell should feel.

'Is there any others, please?' Hallie asked softly, turning her saddened eyes to Vivianna after placing the walnut wand back in it's case. 'It just doesn't feel, like how it should, I don't know why it just.' Hallie sighed. 'doesn't?'  
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:22 am

((OOC: Sorry about the list. It's for my reference as much as it is for the thread.))

"Of course. And what you're feeling is understandable. Either a wand bonds or it doesn't, theory can only get you so far," Vivianna informed the other witch, reading the uncomfortable look on her face with ease. Out of curiosity, Vivianna had tried using a few random wands before. There had been an utterly beautiful Blackthorn and Ashwinder wand that worked almost better than her current one did. Casting didn't feel right, however, as the bond simply wasn't there. The wand hadn't chosen her.

Vivianna was just about to go back to her list, when she realized that the blonde would probably want to know what was going on. After all, the redhead would want to know as much as possible if she were the one in need of a new wand.  

Old wand

New Wand
Woods

Likely: Almond, Ash, Cedar, Chestnut (good for Transfig but bad for DADA-ask), Cypress (good for Transfig but dark-ask), Hawthorn, Hazel, Holly, Ivy, Juniper, Lime, Madrona (any in stock?), Oak, Peach, Pear (perhaps not a good idea?), Rowan, Spruce, Walnut, Yew (good for Transfig, but dark), Aspen, Blue Spruce

Cores

"I've uh, narrowed things down a lot," she stated, trying to figure out how to phrase her next words, "from what I just saw, phoenix feather is going to be one of your cores, meaning that dragon heartstring can't be. And judging by the fact you're an Auror, your other core is probably going to be Graphorn or Selkie skin. Graphorn's great for defense and dueling, but Selkie wands are pretty common in your profession. Selkie skin tends to give a bit of a Transfiguration boost too." Vivianna shrugged then, sure that they'd be able to figure it out.

"The hard part here is probably going to be your wood. Hopefully you'll only need one, but replacement wands tend to be far more complicated. I've basically got six possible woods here. Almond's associated with healing and determined people, Hawthorn tends to be a good DADA wand, Peach tends to give healing and defense spells a bit of a boost, Blue Spruce is good for basically everything as long as it isn't dark, Ivy's really sturdy, and Rowan's just reliable- extra good with transfiguration, charms, and dueling," Vivianna rattled off, struggling slightly with putting the information into layman's terms.

Efficiently exchanging the two boxes the woman still held for three new ones, the redhead smiled, literally ready to see the magic happen. "I gave you an Almond, Hawthorn, and Blue Spruce. Let's see if any of them have potential."
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum