Day 3: 1pm Meeting
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Day 3: 1pm Meeting Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Day 3: 1pm Meeting

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Day 3: 1pm Meeting Empty Day 3: 1pm Meeting

Post by Zara Halworth Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Ana was expecting two more students for her one o'clock meeting. A couple of Gryffindors were coming in and the Ministry employee could only hope that they knew each other and got on. Otherwise this meeting would be particularly awkward. After another one of her strange lunches in the Hogwarts castle, Ana made her way back up to the office she had been assigned to on the second floor. It was starting to feel like she lived there, even though she only spent weekends at the school.

Ana couldn't remember the last time she had gotten a full night's rest. More often than not, she had to stay up getting ready for the next day, which certainly didn't help her mood in the meetings. What she wouldn't give for a couple of sensible students to walk through that door and make her day easier. Even if it only lasted for one meeting, it would be something.

She pushed the door open and left it ajar so the students could just walk in whenever they arrived and made her way back to the desk. The seat was cold again, but she settled in for the next few hours of meetings. Then she could return to the Ministry for a couple hours and head home. Pulling the students' files from her stack, she flipped through the pages absentmindedly until one o'clock had nearly rolled around. Sooner, rather than later, the students would show up (hopefully) and she could get the talk over with. If she was lucky, the meeting wouldn't even take the whole time it was allotted. Breaks between meetings were always helpful, she mused.
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Day 3: 1pm Meeting Empty Re: Day 3: 1pm Meeting

Post by Kenneth C. Knight Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:15 am

Ugh... Kenneth been trying to avoid this day as long as possible, but it had finally came! He knew it was a matter of time before his named was drawn out of the pot of students to be forced into the stupid new marriage law. Knowing he had Charms today at that time, only made it worse for him. "I'll just give the Letter to Professor Cooper, she'll understand."said Kenneth to himself.

Gathering his stuff, he headed towards his first class of the day which was Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Although it was his favorite class, he really didn't pay attention due to his mind being else where for which was thinking about his appointment. As the bell rung Kenneth jumped from his seat before he gathered his things and headed towards the Great Hall for lunch. Although he wasn't really hungry due to him having to go to his appointment in a hour. Sighing to himself Kenneth tried to eat, something cause he didn't want to go to his appointment hungry.

Before he knew it, a hour already passed, now it was time to face his doom. "I'll see you later mate."said Kenneth towards Shane before he gotten up and walked out of the Great Hall towards the second floor. His feet seemed to guide him, but his head and heart were telling him not to go to this stupid appointment.

Upon reaching the door, Kenneth looked at the door his eyes narrowed as he read the letters that were written on the door. "Is this suppose to make me feel better? pf... Guidance Office? should be 'I'm going to ruin your life' office." Kenneth thought to himself. Opening the door, he closed it behind him. " I'm Kenneth Knight, I'm here to face my doom."said Kenneth smirking at Ms. Levski. "Let the fun begin." Kenneth thought to himself as he flopped into a seat waiting for his so called 'matched' the ministry so great fully paired him with.
Kenneth C. Knight
Kenneth C. Knight
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Taranee Knight Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:49 am

Staring at the letter in her hands, Taranee read it with shaky hands. She couldn't believe it was finally her turn to go through with this! "There's no way I'm doing this, they can go to hell!"Taranee thought to herself. Shoving her letter into the inside pocket of her robes, she try to eat her breakfast but she couldn't she felt sick to her stomach just thinking about the letter that was in her pocket. Playing with her oatmeal she gotten up from the Gryffindor table and headed towards Herbology before Kenneth and the others came, she couldn't face Kenneth now it was to painful.

The day seemed to fly by quickly for Taranee's liking, before she knew it, it was time for her appointment she she didn't have lunch due to her to nervous and scared to eat. That sick feeling appearing in her stomach again, she headed towards the second floor. Her feet guiding her, she stopped in front of the door before she opened the door.

Walking into the room, she looked at Ms. Levski before she saw a familiar dirty blond boy sitting before her. "Oh my gosh Kenneth?" Taranee asked before Kenneth turned and looked at her and smiled. "It's you Kenneth, it's really you, they paired us together!"said Taranee hugging and kissing him happily. "Wait a minute, this is real right, this isn't a dream?" Taranee asked him and Ms. Levski softly. "Sorry... I just want to know if this was real or not."said Taranee softly.

"Sorry... about that Ms. Levski, I'm Taranee Raine."said Taranee softly before taking her seat beside Kenneth. Locking hands with him, she turned and looked at Ana. "Looks like this appointment is going to go better then I thought!" Taranee thought to herself happily. Taranee didn't know what all this appointment was about, but she was happy that she gotten paired with Kenneth. Besides she was going to marry Kenneth, what more could she ask for?
Taranee Knight
Taranee Knight
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Halworth Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:33 pm

Ana looked up at the entrance of the first student, a rather put-out looking young man. She nearly laughed at his attempt at a greeting. She nodded to him in response. “Afternoon, Mr. Knight. As soon as your match arrives we can work through all of this.” She very nearly commented on his flare for drama, but held her tongue. A good choice, she mused, as the door opened again a moment later and the second student arrived.

Her eyebrows lifted, halting any semblance of a greeting that Ana was intending to make. Well. They clearly knew each other, she mused. It was like her meeting with the Ivanovs all over again, except these two made it far more obvious what their relationship was. With Avery and Robin, Ana had been a bit confused at first; there was no mistaking it with these Gryffindors.

“Not a problem, Miss Raine.” Ana replied lightly, offering a smile. These two were rather lucky, she decided, compared to others. They knew each other, for a start, which many of the others thus far had not. If their relationship was as put together as it seemed (though, who could really tell from less than a minute of observation?), perhaps this meeting would be wonderfully simple.

“Let me give you a short run-down of the next few weeks. Then, if you have any questions, we can go through those,” Ana began, fingers toying with the pages of the students' files. “Firstly, as you already know each other, we can skip over the bit about time to learn about one another. Essentially, you are going to have four weeks to prepare, and at the end of those four weeks, you should be married. Afterwards, there will be follow-up meetings, the occasional trip to St. Mungo's for a check-up and things like that. As I hope you've been made aware, the goal of this law is to help the next generation in the Wizarding World. That said, before you leave today, we'll need to run fertility tests. If you like, during the test, I can tell you what gender your first born will be. You don't have to know if you don't want to.”

Ana looked between the two, sure it was a bit much for them to take in all in one speech. She gave them a moment to think through all of that before continuing. “Now, are there any questions? Or concerns you wish to voice? I'll be happy to explain anything you don't understand.”
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenneth C. Knight Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Kenneth couldn't believe how lucky they were to be together, not many people were as lucky as they were.  He seen a couple of his friends in here meeting people they didn't even know. Kenneth would of hated that, but he didn't have to worry seeing how he Taranee.

Kenneth hanged on to Ms. Levski every word she said,  Kenneth simply nodded in his head in agreement.  "Well... looks like we have some planning to do Tara."said Kenneth looking at her and smiling.   "So... we have four week to get married starting from today?"Kenneth asked her softly.  "Sorry if it sounds a bit stupid, but I just want to make sure."said Kenneth simply.  "Also another question, do we have to provide proof we got married or the ministry going to marry us?"Kenneth asked.

Kenneth didn't know why he was asking so many questions,  he always understood things but he wanted to make sure he gotten everything right.  It was simply how Kenneth was,  he didn't want to get in the trouble with the ministry for doing the wrong things.  Although his files from here at Hogwarts weren't pretty,  he gotten many detentions due to him pulling schemes and shenanigans.  Although he was quite sure Ms. Levski knew of his record.

Kenneth shrugged. "I don't mind taking one if I need to Ms. Levski."said Kenneth simply.   "Just tell me what I need to do and I'll do it."said Kenneth.   Getting out his wand he placed it on the table, just in case he needed it of course, he honestly didn't know what she needed.
Kenneth C. Knight
Kenneth C. Knight
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Taranee Knight Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:21 pm

Taranee sat there quietly not saying a word, for all the questions she had, Kenneth simply asked them for her. Scooting her chair closer to Kenneth's she laid her head on his shoulder. So far this meeting was going ok, but she kept close to Kenneth for comfort that she might need to make it through this appointment.

"Ms. Levski is test test a hundred percent on accurate?"Taranee asked her softly. "So... if we do this test it's going to tell if our is going to be a boy or a girl?"Taranee asked her softly. "Wow... the things magic can do!" Taranee thought to herself chuckling. "I'll do the test Ms. Levski, I'm curious at what we'll have."said Taranee softly. "Er.... So... um... what do we need to do?"Taranee asked her nervously.

There was no denying that Taranee was nervous about this test, she hated anything with the word 'test' in it. Taranee always prepared herself for tests, but this one she didn't cause she didn't know it was going to happen. Getting out her wand she placed it next to Kenneth's for she didn't know what Ms. Levski needed from them. Whatever it was, Taranee was bracing herself.

Taranee Knight
Taranee Knight
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Halworth Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:01 pm

Ana nearly smiled at the willingness with which the students accepted their future, and how they seemed so determined to get things right. It reminded Ana of herself at their age, always wanting to ensure that she was both correct and that she wouldn’t get in trouble.

“Yes, Mr. Knight. Four weeks,” Ana nodded. “As you will be expected to file for a Marriage License along with completing the ceremony, you’re more than welcome to choose your own officiate for the ceremony.”

Ana glanced over at Taranee as she spoke, the girl looking almost amazed if not nervous. “The test is done with a spell from my wand, so it should be entirely accurate, yes. I’ve been informed that it was created recently as well. The test is meant to check that you can both have children. Through Kenneth’s test, I can tell you if you will be expecting a boy or a girl.”

The Ministry employee stood, walking around the desk to stand next to it. She gestured for Taranee to stand and waited until the girl had done so before passing her wand through the air in front of the Gryffindor’s torso and watching the colors switch and fade in and out in front of her.

(OOC: Please PM me on this account and let me know if you have preferences for the gender, or if you would prefer for your character to be unable to have children. Once you’ve PM’d me I can edit this and complete the test)
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenneth C. Knight Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:28 pm

Kenneth knew that Taranee was scared about doing this test, so Kenneth looked into her blue eyes kissing her softly on the forehead. "Go ahead and do the test love, I'll be right here I promise I'm not going anywhere. "said Kenneth softly. "Like I really can!"said Kenneth as Taranee shot a glare at him. "Sorry... not helping I know, I know you hate doing anything hospital related but it'll be ok baby I swear your in good hands."said Kenneth. "Come on let's see what were having. "Kenneth softly.

Kenneth knew that Taranee hated going through anything hospital related. Even for a small check up she hated doing it due to them always having to do tests on her.

Kenneth sat in his chair as he seen Taranee heading towards Ms . Levski. Following her suite, Kenneth reamined beside Taranee. "Here hold my hand Tara, we'll go through this together. "said Kenneth.
Kenneth C. Knight
Kenneth C. Knight
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Taranee Knight Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:44 pm

Taking this test wasn't the only reason why she was scared, she was scared that would show Kenneth something he didn't want to have. She heard of guys leaving because there girlfriends, wives didn't give them a boy like they wanted. She didn't want that, so she was scared. She knew Kenneth loved her no matter what, but she guys leave after things started getting tough.

"I'm not scared just because of the test Kenneth, Im scared of having a girl and you not wanting it and leaving. "said Taranee looking down. "I know a bit silly of me to think that, but I seen it happen. "said Taranee.

"Let's begin the test Ms. Levski. "said Taranee softly holding Kenneth's hand. The way he was so calm wanted to her that he didn't care what they had, but it could change in a matter of minutes she was sure of it. Closing her eyes, Taranee waited to see what the test said.
Taranee Knight
Taranee Knight
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Halworth Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:07 pm

The waiting was the hardest part, Ana mused, as she watched the colors swirl in front of Taranee's middle. Finally, they settled and Ana nodded. It was bad for the couple as well as for the Ministry's laws if one or the other couldn't have children. But lucky for them, everything looked normal - at least for the girl.

"You're perfectly healthy, Miss Raine, which I'm sure you're glad to hear." Ana told her, offering a smile before turning to the other Gryffindor. "If you'll stand, Mr. Knight I can complete your test and tell you what you should expect."

She waited until he was standing in front of her to swipe her wand through the air, regarding the colors again, careful to make sure she didn't make any assumptions too early. They landed on what seemed to be their final color, remaining for a time, and Ana gave them another smile.

"You both are just fine," she promised. "And you should expect a girl first."

Although Ana had caught their exchange about whether or not he wanted a boy first, Kenneth didn't strike her as the type to be upset either way. From the time spent with the two of them, she guessed that he was just so pleased to be matched that it wouldn't matter. But she was hardly one to judge when she didn't know either of them well enough to say. Instead, she returned to her chair to await a reaction or any further questions.
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top