10 Am Meeting
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

10 Am Meeting Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

10 Am Meeting

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

10 Am Meeting Empty 10 Am Meeting

Post by Zara Halworth Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:43 pm

The moment her foot stepped into the lobby of the Ministry, Ana felt like she could breathe again. This was where she was meant to be, she thought. Where her job was and where her work should be. After a weekend at Hogwarts, meeting with students, she was impossibly grateful to be back in a more comfortable and well-known environment. On the down side, Ana's meeting list was far from short even after the ones she had completed. It seemed like there would be no end to them.

It was becoming more and more apparent that whomever had made the matches, though they sometimes worked, often didn't know what exactly they were doing. Most of the pairs were having a rough time if they worked even a little bit. If only they could have some big successes, and turn things around. The morning had proven a long one, though Ana had only been through one meeting thus far. But it was the meeting of one of her friends (though she only had a few of them, they meant a lot to her), and there was a twinge of guilt at the look on Maddie's face when she walked in the door.

Ana put away the two files from the nine o'clock meeting, pulling the ten o'clock ones instead and glancing at the pages within. One was a professor, she noted, eyeing the papers warily. Did she know about the new law regarding the students? Ana figured she would. Hopefully she wouldn't get nagged at about that law as well.

She leaned back in her chair, glancing about the office and waiting for the first of the new batch to arrive. Hopefully the meeting wouldn't even take the full hour. Ana missed the Unspeakables part of the Ministry – maybe she could just drop in and pretend, for a few minutes, that she didn't have four more meetings that day. She consoled herself with the knowledge that it was going as well as one could have expected, and with the idea of the next generation looking back and realizing that the Ministry had actually helped them in one way or another.
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

10 Am Meeting Empty Re: 10 Am Meeting

Post by Amelia Cooper Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:53 am

Her letter had finally arrived and at such an inconvenient time at that. Just over three weeks ago Hallie had been lay on her kitchen table, bloody with an amputated leg. There was no denying those three weeks hadn't been rough. Amelia had spent a week or so with her daughter, showering her, taking her to the toilet, making her breakfast, wiping her tears, absorbing her yells. It had been torturous but it came to that time of year when Amelia had to return to Hogwarts to teach. Initially she hadn't wanted to, she had had half a mind to resign her position or take leave until Hallie was better but after the Daily Prophet reported the new law and new Headmistress Amelia felt obliged to return. Hallie was okay, a little moody, but okay and her students needed her.

After ensuring that her lessons would be covered by a substitute teacher for, hopefully just the morning, Amelia dressed and dined early. The charms professor hadn't gone to any special lengths to prepare herself for the meeting, unlike Hallie, but she'd made sure to look half decent. Not because she was superficial simply to portray the image of someone who cared. She cared.

When Hallie had told Amelia of the law the witch hadn't believed it would last long, it seemed such a stupid law and made barely any sense. Of course she'd been proven wrong as Amelia watched her daughter walk down the isle and take Theodore Rookwood in her hand. Theodore. He wasn't exactly the best match the Ministry could have gave her despite their claims it was the 'perfect' and 'ideal' pairing.

After waking in the Leaky Cauldron (she'd booked a room and a seat on the knight bus the night before) Amelia walked onto the cobbled street of Diagon Alley and apparated to the Ministry of Magic guest entrance. It felt unusual to arrive through the red telephone box. After working there for over twenty years the Professor had become accustom to the employee's entrance through the public toilet.

Not needing to ask for directions at the welcome desk Amelia simply crossed the atrium to the elevators and before she could comprehend what was about to happen she found herself knocking on the door of the deputy ministers office.
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Halworth Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Right on time, a knock came from the office door, alerting Ana to the arrival of at least one of the people she was expecting. Her eyes darted to the file, actually paying attention this time. The woman meant to show up for this meeting was related to Hallie, the first person Ana and Elijah had been set to meet with. That one hadn't exactly turned out as planned. It would be best, then, to be as polite as humanly possible and hope that this time around things would be more simple.

Standing, she moved to open the door, pleased to see she was right in her guess that it would be Ms. Cooper who was waiting. She very nearly offered a hand in greeting before deciding that it wasn't exactly a standard business meeting or friendly get-together.

“Good morning,” Ana greeted lightly, stepping back to open the room up to the blonde standing before her. Ana thought she could see the resemblance between Hallie and her mother, but she didn't dwell on it.

Ana could only hope that Amelia's match was less volatile than the Rookwood that Hallie had been attached to. She could only imagine how strange they must have felt (or probably still did) regarding their arrangements. A part of the brunette suggested, though, that in the end it would all work out. That was what the law was for. To adjust the next generation and ensure students that were more proficient in magic.

“Please take a seat.” Ana added belatedly, leaving the door open before returning to her chair behind the desk. She wanted to offer some kind of hope that Amelia's daughter and her husband were doing well, but Ana had yet to be informed about any checkup on the two. If things were going badly, she certainly didn't want to be on the receiving end of an angry mother. Although, there probably wasn't any getting out of that.

Glancing towards the door, Ana laced her fingers together and offered Ms. Cooper a small smile, figuring that was better than outright silence and not showing any interest.
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Cooper Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:12 am

'Good morning.' Amelia replied, smiling politely as she headed into the room and took a seat in the same chair Hallie had been sat in once before. It seemed so long ago since Amelia had wrote to Hallie, reassuring her everything would be fine, anticipating who would become her son-in-law whilst at the same time doubting the law would stand.

She'd been mistaken. The law still stood and here she was today, a widow and about to meet her new husband. Really, no matter what title the Ministry threw at them Amelia's husband would always be Robert Cooper. Her children would always been Hallie and Toby, made from the love between Robert and her. Whether the Ministry wanted her to have children or not Anelia wouldn't, hopefully her match wouldn't mind. He'd be older too, or so she assumed. After all Hallie and Theodore were similar ages.

'What will be happening today?' Amelia asked, knowing that for Hallie not much had happened besides meeting Theodore, having a fertility test and a blazing argument. Hallie never had been one to bite her Tongue and hold her breath, unlike Amelia who was scared to rock the boat and make a mess.
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:27 am

Brant had received the letter and it had told him what time to be at the ministry he ported directly to it a small scar still slightly red sat on his neck nothing significant. He ran his fingers threw his hair and hoped the woman he had been matched with was some one he could get along with at least. He wore a suit and tie as Kate had directed him to do so and he walked own the halls to the Ministers office not that he needed any directions he had been several times when Robert used it.

Knocking on the door he pushed it slowly open and looked inside he saw two women and smiled softly. " my apologies for being some what late, I was unavoidably detained, I had to go to Siberia for some potions. " He said "I'm Brant Crawford, I was sent a letter to be here at this time." He said and stood looking at them both. He crossed the carpeted floor to stand next to the woman who sat facing the second woman behind the desk of the minister.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Halworth Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:11 am

Ana had opened her mouth to reply to Amelia’s question when there was a knock and the door opened. Instead, she nodded to the man as he walked in, hands resting on her desk. She did her best to keep them from fidgeting, but honestly Ana just was ready for these meetings to end.

“Not a problem, Mr. Crawford. You’re in the right place. Feel free to take a seat,” Ana added, gesturing to the chair next to Ms. Cooper. Glancing over to the blonde, Ana continued. “To answer your question, this meeting is meant as the first step towards your fulfilling the rules set about by the Ministry’s new law regarding marriage.”

She looked between the two, shifting their papers on the desk idly with her fingers. “Today I’m supposed to answer any questions you two have, as well as administer fertility tests – perhaps not for you, Ms. Cooper, considering I met your daughter in one of these meetings – to ensure that you are able to meet all of the requirements of the law. That said, allow me to set up the next month for you so you understand how things will be going.”

Gesturing with her hands vaguely, Ana cleared her throat lightly before starting to give the two a rundown of events. “After today’s meeting, you’ll be given a month to prepare for a wedding and have someone officiate your marriage. In two weeks time, if you have more questions you’re welcome to set up a follow-up meeting. Just note that the marriage has to be filed with the Ministry or you will likely get into some trouble. Afterward, you are meant to have at least one child together before the year timeline is up.”

Taking a breath, Ana settled back into her chair a bit and looked between the two seated across the desk from her. “Do either of you have any questions about this?”

Last edited by Ana Levski on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Cooper Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:11 pm

Amelia smiled politely out of Ana. Right now she didn't want to smile at all, what was there to smile about? Here she was meeting her future husband when she was a widow. The Professor had adjusted to life as a widow, grieved and then just as her life was back on track her son had gone missing. The days and nights for those five years without Toby had been one. A droning, tiring five years. Of course she had had Hallie to keep her occupied during the summers, but even then she was running off on different adventures with boyfriends, summer flings or friends. Now all those memories would soon fall further into her past if she were to marry this Mr Crawford.

He seemed pleasant. A suit and tie suggested that he was taking the whole law seriously, perhaps they could cooperate? Amelia didn't want children, she didn't want a husband but a friendship would serve well. Maybe her and Mr Crawford would become best friends behind their feigning that they were 'married bliss.' Unless he wanted to marry her for the love? Hopefully not, Amelia couldn't do with that.

Taking a seat the blonde listened to what Ana had to say, nodding along at the mention of her daughter Hallie. Her marriage had only just started and already it was tough. At least they were sorting things out, talking again after the amputation. The reason behind the amputation being the woman across from Amelia. Ana probably didn't know it was her fault, nor would she probably accept the blame but it was Hallie being married to a Rookwood that had resulted for her hostage.

Did she have any questions? Not really. She'd gone through the entire process before with Hallie. She'd walked down the isle as a bridesmaid, helped her through the difficulties with marrying a stranger. How different could it be?

'Will I be expected to have more children?' Amelia asked, already guessing what the answer would be.
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:03 am

Brant smiled and nodded relived he had not walked into the wrong room as that would be embarrassing. He moved to sit in the chair that sat next to the lady he now knew as Ms Cooper. “Pleasure to meet you Ms Cooper.” He said softly as he sat facing the desk he didn't know the woman's first name but knew he would sooner or later. He sat quiet as the lady from the Ministry began to talk about what was to come and tests that were to happen. He was some what nervous when she mentioned fertility tests. “Um...can I ask what type of tests?” he asked “Are they like blood tests or will I have to... you know, in a cup?” He asked feeling his cheeks turning some what of a light shade of pink.

He looked at the woman and spoke again “No offence Ms Cooper” he said to her then looked back at the woman across from them “what if we don't get along..I mean, I'm a potioneer and as such am away a lot, gathering new ingredients and potions and such like, what if we aren’t as compatible as you think,” he paused and took a deep breath in, “Okay what I'm trying to say is that, ow boy....I never saw or felt the need to be...you know, intimate, with a woman before.” He looked at Ms Cooper hoping he had not insulted her in any way now he felt like a small boy unsure of his own mind his fingers softly tugging at the button on his jacket as he waited for her to say something. As he heard her ask if she was to have more children he looked at her “forgive me for asking since this the first time we have met but how many children do you have?” He was curious to know.” and trust me when I say, I won't force you to have any more if you don't want any.” He told her then faced the woman again.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Zara Halworth Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:30 pm

Ana almost had to smile at Brant’s nervousness regarding the whole ordeal. He was probably the most decent of the men she had come into contact with lately, if she thought about it objectively. Her desire to smile was lost, however, when Amelia spoke again. Instead, Ana felt guilty for the first time in a good many meetings. This woman clearly had produced children that were proficient in magic – as far as Ana knew, there was just Hallie. Her brow furrowed for a moment, wondering after why this woman had technically been required. Ana hadn’t specifically asked Gideon to write it into the law.

“It’s a spell, actually. You needn’t do much except stand so I can cast it.” Ana replied lightly to Mr. Crawford before glancing at Ms. Cooper as she spoke in turn.

“Honestly, Amelia,” Ana said, going for the friendly – if not fairly personal – route, “It isn’t stated, that I know of, one way or another. You may be able to petition the Law Department – which I’m not actually a part of; otherwise I might be able to assure you one way or another. That, however, cannot be done in this meeting. The wedding, however, is not something I can say you can get out of. According to the law, the first section is the marriage, so in order to petition for the other you may have to comply with that bit.”

Ana’s frown deepened as she looked between the two. It wasn’t quite her place to add to the conversation Brant had started with the woman across from her, but something about the fact that they were both so gentle certainly endeared them to her in a way she hadn’t expected. Perhaps it was her having sat through so many meetings that made her want to both get this one finished as well as having the two in front of her getting out of this fairly unscathed.

“It may not be my place to comment here, but it’s highly possible that if you petition, and a child isn’t required, the marriage could be mutually beneficial.” Ana offered a shrug to show that she wasn’t exactly trying to push her way into their discussion. It did feel awkward sitting there as they spoke, though.
Zara Halworth
Zara Halworth
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Cooper Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:40 pm

Amelia could tell that Mr Crawford was nervous, she was feeling the exact same way inside. On the face however she wore a polite caring mask, a mask that she had worn for five years since Toby first vanished.

'I have two children, one nineteen the other sixteen.' Amelia told him. She would have said more but her nerves were cutting her tongue in half, moreover being the introvert that she was Amelia wasn't the type to blab about her whole history. She wasn't the type to reassure Brant and confess since her husband had passed she'd never felt intimate towards anyone.

Amelia pressed a smile to Brant, thanking him without words that he wouldn't push her. She then turned to listen to Ana. Hallie had made out the woman was evil, pure evil. Then again Hallie was one to romance about things. Ana wasn't evil, sure she wasn't warming but was Amelia? On the inside she felt cold, broken and as though someone had sellotaped her back together.

It was possible for the marriage to be mutually beneficial. If Amelia could get a successful petition from the law department not to have children, no doubt she was almost on her last eggs anyway. then she would simply 'marry' Mr Crawford as the law states and then live her life as normal but in a faux-marriage.

What was the point? Surely the whole purpose of the marriage was to reproduce, increase the wizarding population? If that was the case then the department of magical law wouldn't accept her petition and even if they did then surely it was pointless the pair even marrying?

'If the Ministry granted us permission not to have children then what would be the reasoning behind the marriage?' Amelia asked in a polite tone, 'Isn't the whole purpose of these marriages for us to increase the population?'
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top