Escaping life for alittle while
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Escaping life for alittle while Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Escaping life for alittle while

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Escaping life for alittle while Empty Escaping life for alittle while

Post by Shadow Macnair Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Shadow was suppose to be doing her homework in the Slytherin common room, but she wasn't she was here in Hogsmeade having fun. Shadow wanted to escape the drama that was going on in her life and have some fun, from school her parents and this stupid law that everyone was talking about. Shadow just wanted to escape it all and never look back, at times she just wanted to run away but Penny always found her and brought her home or back to Hogwarts. Shadow was the black sheep of the family, for one she liked muggle things and she didn't think that Hogwarts should be filled with all Pure-bloods like her parents did. She actually had muggle friends and was friends with half-blood and to be honest she didn't care.

She was tired of her parents trying to run her life, they were always trying to hook her up with a Pureblood Slytherin that was never her type. Shadow always rebelled against anything her parents wanted her to do, like join the Dark Followers and become a Death Eater it wasn't something Shadow wanted to do. Besides, she was good unlike her family and her sister and she didn't want to live the life her parents wanted her to live. Although now with this new marriage law coming out, Shadow hates it more then her parents pairing her off with some stupid prick. Shadow wants to pick who to love and marry, not the ministry and her parents that was for sure. Shadow wanted someone like her, she didn't care if what house he was in as long as he was sweet and caring and loved reading she was fine.

Sighing to herself she walked down the crowed street of Hogsmeade as the cool fall wind blew her dark brown blackish hair with blue streaks around. Wrapping her coat more around her body she headed towards the three broomsticks for a warm butterbeer to warm herself up from walking in the cool wind. Shadow missed the carriage that went to Hogsmeade, but she didn't mind she liked walking.

As she reached the pub she pushed opened the door and headed towards the bar and gave the bar tender a soft warm smile. "May I have a butterbeer please?"Shadow asked him softly as he nodded. Getting her money out, she laid it on the counter as he set her butterbeer in front of her. "Thankyou, keep the rest as a tip!"said Shadow as she took a drink of her butterbeer before turning around looking for a place to sit. Her sapphire eyes wondering around the pub she seen a empty table by the window and smiled. Quickly making her way over there she bumped into someone as her butterbeer went flying and she crashed onto the floor. Quickly regaining herself she stood up. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, are you ok, I didn't get any on you did I?"Shadow asked softly.

Shadow's look

Shadow Macnair
Shadow Macnair
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Escaping life for alittle while Empty Re: Escaping life for alittle while

Post by Quentin Cavendish Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:51 pm

Escaping life for alittle while Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQz4W5XteeDR9Mh-GRoYLYXyFswLUTR7d3XdOT3-TNu7kKbCyRK7w
(OOC: the account is still new so I cant give you the link so its an image.)

Quentin was tired he had done his homework as well as he could but also as fast.He wanted to go to Hogsmead.He didn't like being in the common room as he didn't like anyone there.He liked walking a lot and he didn't like sharing carriages with his fellow Slytherins, he normally shared them with William,Leo, and Bennett but they all had homework they hadn't finished.He didn't mind being alone he actually liked it sometimes but today he had gotten bored and tired of being alone so he was just gonna stay at the Three Broomsticks and wait and see if he found some Ravenclaws or Hufflepuffs he knew arrived.Gryffindor's weren't very friendly to him so he didn't bother talking to them unless they approached him.

He started thinking about what happened last summer.He felt terrible it was his fault if his mother had caught his father first his father would probably have tried to apologize but because of him his dad left her.If he had just told his mother as soon as he had arrived from the pub at least it would have been a bit fair for his mother.Still his father cheating on his mother couldn't have been fair in anyway but he regretted keeping it secret.

Quentin got up from the table where he had been sitting to get a butterbeer.He had finished his butterbeer unconsciously and he wanted more.He was walking to the counter when a girl bumped into him and dropping her butterbeer."I'm so sorry,It's okay,my fault I'll buy you another one don't worry."He said.Reparo the mug repaired itself and he brought it to the counter with him."Two butterbeers please."He said to the bartender as he was taking his money out.He gave the bartender the money the bartender passed the butterbeers and the change to Quentin."Thanks."He said."Do you want to sit with me?"He asked the girl who bumped into him pointing to the table he had been sitting at.
Quentin Cavendish
Quentin Cavendish
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 20
Special Abilities : Apparition, Nonverbal Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Macnair Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:46 am

"Oh that's so sweet of you, thankyou!"said Shadow softly. As he came back with the butterbeers and asked if he wanted to sit with her she nodded and smiled. "Sure I would love to, I have no one else to sit with and I would sure love the company!"said Shadow. "Thanks for buying me a butterbeer, I hope I didn't stain your shirt."said Shadow looking at his white shirt before her sapphire eyes darted back up at him. "I don't have many people sit with me, they think I'm a mean Slytherin."said Shadow sighing.

"I'm Shadow, Shadow Macnair."said Shadow sticking out her hand for him to shake. "Your Quentin right? I think I seen you sneaking out the common rooms at times."said Shadow giggling. "Don't worry I do the same thing, so don't feel bad I hate it in there."said Shadow. "I sometimes hate who I am at times."said Shadow softly.

It was true, Shadow hated being a Slytherin Pureblood at times, she just wanted to be in some other house and blood type. "The sorting hat didn't wanted to put me in Ravenclaw but I begged it to put me in Slytherin because I didn't want to disappoint my parents, but now I wish I was a Ravenclaw."said Shadow sighing. "Sorry I hardly know you, and here I am spilling everything to you."said Shadow.
Shadow Macnair
Shadow Macnair
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin Cavendish Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:13 am

"It's okay it was my fault."He replied to her about her comment on his sweetness."Great my friends and my brother are studying so I don't have anyone either."He said giving her a smile."It's okay you didn't stain it.Don't worry."Quentin said."I get you,believe me.But my brothers helped me out a bit some Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws know that I'm not mean and a very few Gryffindors know and believe that.I also joined Potter's Army and that also helped although they thought I was a spy at first until my brothers explained that I wasn't to the members."He kind of rambled a lot it was a kind of a habit.

"Nice to meet you Shadow.I like your name."He complimented her."Yes I'm Quentin,Quentin Cavendish."He introduce himself just a she did but she already knew his first name.He chuckled"Yes that was possibly me.I really don't like it either.I hate being in Slytherin I wanted to be in Hufflepuff as weird as that sounds.My mother was a Hufflepuff."He of course wasn't mentioning his father and what he had done.

"I do the same don't worry.I ramble a lot about myself or about things in general.I also was almost put in Ravenclaw but I didn't ask it anything and I regret not doing so.My parents are completely okay with any house.Me and one of my brothers are the only ones who weren't Hufflepuffs or Ravenclaws."He explained he and his brother had been different from the rest of his family.
Quentin Cavendish
Quentin Cavendish
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Macnair Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:30 am

"Actually it was a bit of both of faults really, but if you want to take the blame that's fine!"said Shadow chuckling. "My friends are on dates or having to do detention so I came by myself."said Shadow softly. "Oh that's good I was worried I ruined a good shirt!"said Shadow honestly. "I have four guy friends, two are them are Gryffindors Kenneth Knight and Shane Diamond and two hufflepuffs Jaybee Brisk and Carson Garica."Shadow. "Oh yeah I forgot Maura and Taranee, there my best girlfriends Maura is a Hufflepuff and Taranee is a Gryffindor."said Shadow softly.

"I guess I have a couple of friends, but I had to prove to them that I wasn't evil like most Slytherins around here."said Shadow honestly. Shadow smiled when he said he liked her name. "Thankyou that's sweet of you, and so do I it's the only thing I liked about my life."said Shadow sighing. "Your lucky my family was all Slytherin, it been that way for generations."said Shadow shaking her head.

Shadow laughed at his comment. "So do I, alot of people think it's annoying!"said Shadow chuckling. 'My parents aren't they are pure-bloods to they key, and follow the pureblood ways and they expect me to and I don't want to."said Shadow softly. "I don't want this life they try to plan for me let alone the ministry life, I just want to live my life how I want to."said Shadow holding back tears.

Shadow Macnair
Shadow Macnair
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin Cavendish Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:57 am

He shrugged "I dont mind taking the blame."Giving her a smile"I don't think my brother has ever gotten detention or at least I've never seen him in detention."He chuckled "I heard Shane and a girl named Jamie stunned Romeo and made him fall down the stairs."He laughed softly."I've never liked Romeo so I think they did a great job."

"I had help from my older brothers proving I was nice.Kevin,Alfred,and Zachary.Kevin was a Hufflepuff,Alfred a Gryffindor and Zachary a Ravenclaw so basically they made sure people my age knew I was a good guy.I also met some guys who didn't judge me so they are my closest friends."He again rambled about himself but how else would she get to know him.

"My mom is muggleborn so hopefully they don't meet."He wasn't mentioning his father again.He didn't want to mention him at all."I cant imagine how that feels my parents are very liberal so they let me be who I am and there is no judgement as long as I dont do bad things.The new law is just unfair and I need to put in my form I dont want to go to Azkaban.But I agree we have rights and the ministry isn't respecting them."
Quentin Cavendish
Quentin Cavendish
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Macnair Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:15 pm

"Um... ok, then it's all your fault!"said Shadow in a joking manner laughing.  "My friends are always in trouble, and if it isn't them it's me for something I didn't do or got involved in."said Shadow chuckling. "I don't think my sister ever gotten detention either, I honestly don't know were not that close."said Shadow sighing.  "Yeah they did, and it was quite funny from what Shane told me about it!"said Shadow laughing.

"Wow... seems like you have quite a bit of friends as well."said Shadow smiling.  "Maybe one day you can meet my friends, there really nice so they won't hate you."said Shadow honestly.  "You don't want to know how it feels, it feels horrible."said Shadow sighing.  "I know it is, and I hate it as much as I hate my parents running my life."said Shadow looking away as tears came down her face. Shadow hated her life,  it was always ran for by her parents and now by the ministry forcing her to marry.   "Why can't I have a normal life, I don't want a life that's ran by someone else the rest of my life!"said Shadow looking away still.

"Lets just hope they'll never meet or we'll be in trouble."said Shadow softly but honestly at the same time.  "My parents wouldn't even know you and they would still hate you because your a half-blood.  "If your father was a pureblood they would call them a blood traitor."said Shadow sighing.  "I don't think my parents have a heart in there body unless it's made of ice."said Shadow darkly.
Shadow Macnair
Shadow Macnair
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin Cavendish Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:40 am

"I'm good at hiding evidence so I don't get in trouble most of the time.Oh and I also don't misbehave in front of professors."He nodded."My favorite thing was him falling down the stairs."Know that he thought about it he took back that he would never date a Slytherin.He would definitely date Shadow.

"Not really, people just know me.William and Leo are my best friends."He explained at her suspicion that he had a lot of friends."I would actually like to get to know them.I think if they did that to Romeo we would get along."Don't worry I know your life isn't normal the same way mine isn't but if you ever need help I'm here."He knew it sounded strange that an acquaintance would say that but it was true.He didn't have a normal life his father had cheated on his mother and it was his fault, or at least he believed so, that his father left.

"I don't think they'll meet but still lets hope it never happens."He replied."So I guess you are not like them since you are still here talking to me."He said in a humorous manner."Are you a good guesser or do you know legilimency because how did you know my father isn't a pureblood?"He knew that blood purists called purebloods that socialized with halfbloods and muggleborns blood traitor but he didn't get why.Maybe my father has no heart eitherQuentin thought to himself."I don't know them so I'll have to go with your opinion."Quentin said in an honest tone.

Last edited by Quentin Cavendish on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Quentin Cavendish
Quentin Cavendish
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Macnair Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:02 am

"I try to hide any evidence so I don't get in trouble, but most of the time they either find out later on or I get into trouble concerning the guys!"said Shadow shaking her head. Shadow chuckled. "Yeah that was the best part of the story in my opinion, seeing Romeo coming back pissed in the common room was epic!"said Shadow laughing.

Shadow nodded. "Oh I see, but it's good to be known."said Shadow softly. "I'm sure you and them would get along just fine."said Shadow smiling. Shadow looked at him and gave him a soft warm smile. "Thanks Quentin, I hardly know you and your being so sweet to me."said Shadow softly. "So... if you don't mind me asking, what's your life issues your escaping from?"Shadow asked him smirking before taking a drink of her butterbeer.

Shadow nodded. "Lets hope that it doesn't."said Shadow honestly. Shadow chuckled at his comment. "Oh no, I'm nothing like them and I don't want to be!"said Shadow. Shadow shrugged and chuckled once again. "I guess I'm just a good guesser though Occlumency and Legilimency run in my family so I might know some."said Shadow shrugging. "Like I said before you don't want to know them."said Shadow darkly.

Shadow Macnair
Shadow Macnair
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin Cavendish Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:02 am

(OOC:I wrote occlumency instead of legilimency but I edited it.)

"That would explain it.My friends aren't very troublesome so only a few times they've had detention and it was kind of my fault.I dragged them into it so I didn't have to do detention alone."Quentin cuckled."Yes I'll have to thank the girl who stunned him because that really made my day or my weekend."

He nodded."It's nothing, I was raised by a Hufflepuff so I was taught to be kind and friendly so I guess it must be that."She asked what were his problems so he was going to tell her since she had told her's."My f%&$ing father cheated on my mother.He left us like two months ago and he already has a kid on the way.All my brothers and my sister are not forgiving him for hurting our mum like this.I also feel that it's my fault he left because I caught him cheating before anyone else and I didn't tell my mother.If I had told her he might've not left or if he did left he wouldnt have any dignity."

"Good because I like you like you are.Even if I dont know you that well."She was like him she was not a blood purist or she didnt want to be one.She knew it was hard for people to believe that she wasnt a bad person but it was natural of them seeing as they were both Slytherins."Well I believe you."
Quentin Cavendish
Quentin Cavendish
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top