Letters Between Best Friends
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Letters Between Best Friends Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Letters Between Best Friends

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Letters Between Best Friends Empty Letters Between Best Friends

Post by Hallie Cooper Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:28 pm

Hallie wrote:Hi Maura,

I hope everything is going okay at Hogwarts and I hope a certain bump is behaving itself, I don't want my neice being a naughty little girl - but then again if she takes after her auntie Hallie then it'll be a given! I thought I would update you that today I had my meeting with the deputy minister and my 'spouse-to-be'. The bad news is that I haven't been partnered with Carth, I'm guessing we never were mean't to be?

Although the man they have partnered me with is hardly written in the stars. Theodore Rookwood. I simply can't believe that I have been partnered with your Headmaster, let alone that my Mum's boss! They want me to have children with my Mum's boss! This really is a disaster!

The good things is I have an excuse to visit my best friend and Mum at Hogwarts, being the Head's wife and all I'm going to take it in my stride and grant myself permission to walk in and out of Hogwarts whenever I like - oh and if you need something getting done at school I'll be there to sort my oh so charming Husband out. I hope you can read my sarcastic tone?

I really don't know what to do Maura! Seriously, I can't believe how much my life is about to change, they want mento marry my Mum's boss!! I wrote that already I know but still! My Mum's boss!
I was thinking of having the wedding at Hogwarts, it's where you and Mum are - granted the entire castle will probably have to watch but at least I will get the huge ceremony I always dreamt of? I've sent a letter to Mum too but please don't mention that I want the ceremony at Hogwarts just yet, that is between you and me!

Keep well!
Lots of love
Hal x

Last edited by Hallie Cooper on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Letters Between Best Friends Empty Re: Letters Between Best Friends

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:18 am

Maura Goldstein wrote:Dear Hallie,

Everything is going well here at Hogwarts, have homework from hell but that's not out of the ordinary on that! Oh she's behaving quite well actually, but if she's anything like me she'll be in trouble more then she realizes! Besides, a Hiroku so she's bound to cause and get into trouble just like her mother and father! I just hope as I get bigger she doesn't start acting naughty, but as of right now she's a little angel.

Are you serious, your partnered up with the headmaster of the school? I'm sorry Hal, but that's just Ew and a double EW! How can they do that to you? I REALLY hate this stupid new marriage law, we should be able to marry who we want to! Seeing me and your mum will be the only good thing about it, but I smell disaster from hell! I just hope this doesn't happen to me, I honestly don't want to be with anyone but Ryo! Hopefully once I graduate, Ryo will ask me to marry him so I don't have to do this stupid law!

Hal if there's a way to rebel against this law then I would, I honestly don't think anyone is happy with this! Ugh... I can't believe your marrying the headmaster, you two are SO not compactable with each other! I don't know who your mum is with yet, I think she's trying to dodge the bullet as long as she can, but it's only a matter of time before they get her.

A wedding here at Hogwarts? sounds lovely Hal but not with the Headmaster, it should be with someone you love! But I'll there for you even if you have to marry that creep of a headmaster I have! Oh no, I promise I won't but you should tell her Hal and I bet she isn't thrilled on who you got partnered with either!

Keep well, everything will be ok!
lots of love from me and Ciara
Mars

Last edited by Maura Goldstein on Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:57 pm

Hallie wrote:Hello Maura,

Yeah the seventh year is awful for homework, so much so I ended up going through the whomping willow into a bunch of death eaters just to have a breather from study. I sure hope you don't do the same, we can't have anyone hurting you or the baby. I know you said you care more about the baby but your baby needs a mother. You will both stay alive if it's the last thing I do!

I know it's bizarre, I was a student at Hogwarts about three months ago and now I'm going to be the Headmaster's wife, sleeping in the Headmaster's study. Eurgh! Fortunately the Ministry have gave us a nice posh house, I think to make us more obeying to the law? It really is creepy that I am marrying the headmaster. Every time I say those words I want to laugh.

I'm going to let things pan out first before I react, which isn't like me! Although I kind of got into a but of an argument with the deputy minister in the meeting, I feel like I'm treading on waither thin ice! Oh, and I heard at work they are making the sixth and seventh years get married within the month too. Did you fill out the form? Did you put you would prefer Ryo Hiroku as your partner? I know nobody knows yet but if I told Elijah Krum you were pregnant I am ninety-nine percent positive he would partner you with Ryo. That's the ministry's goal - to make magical babies!

I suppose. Although getting married at Hogwarts is all part of my plan - I feel so evil-genius, although good-genius, nobody likes an evil-genius.

Stay safe
Love Hal

Last edited by Hallie Cooper on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Maura Goldstein wrote:Hey Hallie,
Ugh... your telling me, I thinking of dissing this bloody so called homework and go to Hogsmeade for some butterbeers! I would drink me a firewhiskey but I don't want to do anything that's hurts the baby! Don't worry I'm keeping out of trouble as much as I can, so far all I got is a detention for helping Shane tell off Romeo! God I hate him, he's such a man whore it's unreal! Someone needs to knock him off his high horse he sits on! I can't believe he tried flirting with me, EW! I have a boyfriend and pregnant you stupid prick! He didn't only try to flirt with me, he tried flirting with Taranee and Olivia! talk about Ew! He's SO not my type even if I was single, sorry I don't date a slime of a snake like him!

Ugh... me reading and hearing this makes me want to puke! Hallie Rookwood? what the hell?!? that doesn't even have a ring to it! Ok... maybe alittle bit, but EW! *shivers* I don't give a rat ass if they gave you a damn mansion it's still creepy! I don't laugh every time I hear it or read it, like I said I puke at the thought of it! Just thinking about it is making me sick to my stomach!

Wow... really? Maybe Sophia can talk to Robert about this stupid law she knows him quite well and I talk to her quite often now due to the baby maybe she can talk him out of this? I haven't filled one out yet, but trust me I will as soon as I can if Ryo haven't already which I think he has! I mean they have to put the baby father and mother together right? They can't separate a baby from there father, that's just wrong! But then again it's the ministry they can do whatever they want when ever they want!

OMG! Really? pairing up students already? were still in Hogwarts, they can't do that to us! We have other things to worry about then getting married at the age of 16 or 17! Sorry for saying this Hal, but has the ministry lost there damn mind? I think they all went mental and lost there minds if you ask me!

I don't mind a wedding at Hogwarts, but just not a wedding with the prick of a Headmaster!

keep your head up!
love always,
Mars

Last edited by Maura Goldstein on Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Hallie wrote:Hi Mars,

Dissing homework and sneaking into Hogsmede is an option i took many times before, although with you being pregnant, like you said it probably isn't the best idea and we wouldn't want anything to happen to you with the number of enemies you now have. It's a shame people just don't get on? The number of twisted minds out there really does make my skin crawl.

On top of the mansion they are offering me a promotion when I 'return to work'. Which is all good apart from they are expecting me to pop out babies like a gumball machine for them and spend time raising them. So all in all I have five children with a year inbetween each then before they all go to Hogwarts that'd be about fifteen years! I can't not work for fifteen years! You know how much I've always wanted to be an auror and now BOOM I can't be!

That is a really good idea Mars! Talk to Sophia, they will really appreciate her opinion considering she is so high up in St Mungos, which is also involved in this marriage law. I have to go for check ups every two weeks to try and get me pregnant! I feel like my body is no longer my own, hopefully they will partner you with Ryo (considering you're already making babies together I think they'll keep you a pair, or at least they should do!) and live happily ever after. You never know, maybe I'll end up getting along with Rookwood and all his little Rookwood children. No. After meeting I doubt it.

Yes, or at least I think so. I have a feeling, from what I've heard around the Ministry, that they'll pair the graduates first and then students. So a lot more weddings at Hogwarts beside my own then! That's if Rookwood lets me get married there, I sure hope he does because...

I did want to tell you in person but I want you and my Mum to be bridesmaids! Just keep it a secret from my Mum I want to see her face when I tell her! Hopefully she will smile. It's been so long since I've seen her smile.

Lots of love
Hallie
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:14 pm

Maura Goldstein wrote:Hiya Hal,

I guess your right Hal, I just want to have some fun I'm tired of being in the castle not doing anything it's making me cranky! The guys are staying away from me telling me I'm like I'm on my period 24/7! Ugh... so NOT true, ok maybe I'm a bit cranky but what girl isn't when you basically have four best guys friends that act like four year old at times? I don't need anymore trouble, but I do have a fair amount of enemies since Alexis died, I can't believe they think I was behind Alexis getting killed! Of course I wanted to get back at the crazy dumb wolf but I'm not a murder!

Are you freaking serious? your NOT a freaking gumball machine that can pop out Rookwood babies when some turns the handle! Besides that just sound ugh... I don't want to think about you having Rookwood babies! They better give you a two story damn mansion for marrying that creep, something just seems strange about him! Like he came from a dark mysterious pass or something! he's rather creepy in my opinion! Having five Rookwood babies are you mad? but then again then again the girl might look like you, but STILL that still nasty!

Excuse me for a second I think I have to puke! Ok... no I'm good!

I hope they keep us together, I couldn't bare not being with anyone but him, it's like were soulmates! I think of him as my soulmate, he has every part of me Hal my heart and my soul I just can't lose him due to this stupid marriage law! Hopefully you can get pregnant on your own without that creep help! But then again it would still be a Rookwood baby seeing how you'll be married to him! I think I'll ask Sophia about this and get her thoughts on it, maybe she can voice her opinion to Robert.

Ugh... god the ministry has went mental! Hopefully I'll be married or engaged to Ryo before they try pairing me off with someone else. Hopefully Rookwood would be nice enough to let you have your wedding at Hogwarts! Don't worry I think she'll be a bit happy Ha,l even if it's not who you really want to marry! Don't worry I won't tell her I promise, your secret is safe with me as always!

lots of love
Mars
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Hallie wrote:Hi Mars,

Maybe you could go into Hogsmede on the next Hogsmede trip, it will be more safe with the rest of the school around - Oh gosh. Auror life is making me more mature, since when was I bothered about what was safe?

As if they think you're on your period. I hope you don't mind me saying but that did make me giggle. Well, what can I say, boys will be boys. You'll be having some girl time we me though soon. My Mum has replied to one of my letters, she seems okay with me marrying the Headmaster, but she wants to talk with me in person. I'll be coming up to Hogsmede soon. When I'm there we will need to talk!

I know. I told him that I want to name the children 'Cooper' the first being Robert Toby Cooper after my Dad and brother. Of course he didn't like the idea, in fact he handed me a pygmy puff and said I could call that Robert Toby Cooper. I tell you Maura I was absolutely fuming! I could have slapped him, which may have been better as I poured his drink over him instead. Oops!

Yes definatly speak to Sophia! They also test your fertility levels in the meeting, well they did me and Theodore anyway - unfortunatley he was VERY fertile, damn it! I think when they see you've made a baby with Ryo then you're a good match to make more, which is what they want. I sure hope that Ryo and you stay together! You never know, perhaps we could double date. Oh gosh that'd be awkward.

Love
Hal
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:59 pm

Maura Goldstein wrote:Hey Hal,
I think I'll wait until the next Hogsmeade trip and go to Hogsmeade, it'll be safer and more fun! You can't get in trouble at Hogsmeade right? Ha! that's coming from a girl who gotten tortured in the Shack by James Darling! But that's NOT going to happen this year, I'm well protected this year!

It's ok, I made me giggle writing it but like you said, boys will be boys! I'm glad that I will FINALLY be spending some girl time with you, I been hanging with Taranee but it's NOT the same without my best friend! That's good that she replied, she wrote to me yesterday asking if I wanted to have tea with her after her last Charms class.  Of course I went, she's like a second mum to me!

That Prick! I can't believe he done that, well I can but still to you? how rude! I think this marriage is going to be a disaster from hell! I would of slapped him anyways, slap the plain evil from him if that's possible! HA! you poured his drink ALL over him? *dies laughing* good one Hal! Was it whiskey? if so I don't think he's going to be happy! But that made my day! I bet the look on his face was priceless!

I WILL talk to Sophia and ask what sh thinks about all this, I'm sure she's against it as much as you and I are! Oh god, are you serious? ugh... I think I'm going to puke now!  I hope they will keep us together after they find out I'm pregnant with his child, besides it's like you said they want more witches and wizards out there!  Double date? god that would be SO weird and awkward it'll be unreal!

love ya lots
Mars
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Hallie Rookwood wrote:
Hi Maura,

It's been so long since we've wrote! Probably because I've been spending time at Hogwarts with my oh so charming husband. I'm glad you've made a full recovery since the fire and I'm still grinning eye to eye that you're having a baby girl! It'll be me next, maybe. That's what I wanted to write to you about:

Me and Theodore still haven't done anything, we haven't even kissed - apart from the peck at the wedding ceremony. Well, I'm starting to think I just want to dive straight into it and relieve all the tension that we have between us. It's driving me crazy, I mean he is my husband and the fact that he's my Mother's boss and the Headmaster is starting to bother me less and less.

The house the Ministry have provided us with is awesome, although I do kind of want to spend Christmas at home with Toby and Mum. Maybe I'll head over there on Christmas day, I can't stay with them wrapped up in cotton wool forever. How I hate growing up.

Thanks for letting me know about the party, I'll keep it a secret from my Mum! I really do wish that I could go but I'm meeting Theodore's family that day (wish me luck). Barely any of them came to the wedding so I'm guess I'll need to work hard to get into their good books. You have no idea how nervous I am it's so strange I didn't think it'd bother me?

See you over Christmas at some point.
Lots of love
Hal x

Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Maura golstein wrote:Hi Hallie,

I know seems like FOREVER since we wrote to each other, I kind of miss it! But I'm glad you been here at Hogwarts to keep me company! It's just SO good that you and Ryo were here, felt like old times all over again!  I'm so happy that I'm having a girl, I already have a name picked out for her! It's going to be Ciara Sakura Hiroku! Ciara comes from my side of the family where Sakura comes from Ryo's side of the family. Is that weird I already have her name picked out for her?

Anyways... about the Theodore issue, I think it's a good idea Hal, I mean after all he is your oh so 'lovable' husband! Pf... yeah right, he haven't shown any affection towards you, you'll be better off being married to a wet mop!

Wow... I can't wait to see it, I bet it's awesome! I'm spending Christmas with Ryo as always! He's been rather quiet lately Hal, I think he's hiding something! Taranee and the others think he's planning a romantic date so he can propose to me.  Do you really think so?  I really hope so!

Aw....  wish you could come, but hey family is first no matter if they like you or not! Maybe if it's not to late and the party isn't over maybe you can come later on? If not it's ok, but you'll be missed! I honestly don't think so, I mean heck your a Gryffindor Graduate and a auror for crying out loud! But heck everyone gets nervous even Gryffindors!  

Hang in there, and see you on Christmas!
love ya lots!
Mars
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top