Duel gone Wrong
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Duel gone Wrong Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Duel gone Wrong

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Duel gone Wrong Empty Duel gone Wrong

Post by Joshua Alden Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:04 am

Joshua had challenged an acquaintance to a duel just for fun.The problem is that Joshua thought he had challenged someone more trained, so he striked first and his duel partner responded back with sectumsempra but he didn't really knew what it did.Joshua tried to evade the spell but he still got hit,his head started bleeding and he passed out.He woke up in a strange place he had never seen.He saw a beautiful girl,and he asked her in a confused tone"Where am I and what happened?
He passed his hand over his wound and it stinged."Why does my head hurt?"
Joshua Alden
Joshua Alden
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Duel gone Wrong Empty Re: Duel gone Wrong

Post by Alice Rousseau Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:52 pm

Paediatrics was Helene’s favourite sector of the Wizarding hospital. The children were always so contented and happy and though that might’ve been from the array of potions they were being fed, oftentimes it was just their natural ability to look on the brighter side of things and it had been a while since anything drastic had taken place; everyone was going home. The lull in human traffic meant that Healers were being pulled left, right and centre up into A&E - a typical late-week rush.

With a handful of younger practitioners, Helene made her way down to the floor in question and once the doors flapped open to the ward, she realised why it was necessary to pull the extra resources. Healers were everywhere, darting this way and that with no discernable method to their obvious madness. People were being treated with alarming speed and were being taken out by the porters as quickly as they were being brought in by the paramedic wizards.

The first few hours were intense and draining but soon enough Helene found herself back on a ward which was much calmer; the majority of the inhabitants having been thoroughly sedated.

One of her patients was just beginning to wait, having been the first of a handful that had arrived on the ward. She had read up on everyone’s case as quickly as her frazzled mind had allowed and after rifling through the back room for a vial of purple-ish liquid which she swallowed in a few good glugs she returned to ward and continued on as though she had not wavered, not even for a second.

“Good Evening, Mr. Alden.” Helene greeted the man whose confusion and disorientation was customary - expected, even.

Helene reached into the pocket of her white coat and took out a vial of the appropriate potion. After pouring him a cup of water, she emptied the contents into the cup and held it, encouraging him with a gentle press of her hand against his shoulder to sit up as best as he could.

“I have something for the pain here.” She offered quietly. “You are in St. Mungo’s. You were in a duel-gone-bad. Do you remember what happened?”
Alice Rousseau
Alice Rousseau
Beauxbatons Graduate
Beauxbatons Graduate

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Alden Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:16 pm

Joshua took what he was given to him, he felt much better after that, his head didn't sting and he didn't feel disoriented."I just remember I was teaching a guy some tricks and i challenged him to a duel and then he said something that ended with 'empra' that's all I can recall.Do you know who brought me here, because I don't remember any seconds coming."He opened his mouth to yawn but he covered it up."Wow, this place is amazing I have never been in a magical hospital.I knew the name St Mungos but I never had to come."
Joshua Alden
Joshua Alden
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Rousseau Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:15 pm

At his words, Helene frowned a little, her nose crinkling a little in confusion.

Leaving him for a moment, the French witch strayed to the end of the bed and picked up his medical file. In terms of being treated at St. Mungo’s, this was the only time. Other times...

Helene’s face softened with understanding as she found his blood status and she nodded briefly to herself before putting the clipboard back down.

“You are in the best place, Mr. Alden.” She assured him briefly with one of those customary, ‘we’re here to help’ smiles that all of the Healers knew how to look upon their patients with.

Helene moved back to his bedside and wondered for a moment how much she could readily divulge before deciding to bite the figurative bullet.

“You were cursed with an accelerated - some would say improved - version of the traditional cutting curse and is largely untreatable lest you know the proper incantation. As it was, we had such a gentleman in A&E this evening.” She smiled again, this time a little softer.

“I shall leave you to rest, shall I?”
Alice Rousseau
Alice Rousseau
Beauxbatons Graduate
Beauxbatons Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Alden Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:12 pm

"Not a very good idea I know" he answered as she frowned.Even when she told him he was in the best place he looked worried about something."Have I been here more than one day?"He hoped he hadn't stayed here to long because he had to feed his dog,but then his worried face vanished since he had enchanted the dispenser so it dispensed at an exact time.
He heard he was brought in by a gentleman so he was wondering if it was the guy he dueled with was the guy who brought him or somebody heard him scream and brought him."Was the guy who brought me blonde and had green eyes? I just keep remembering this face." He had remembered a blonde guy with green eyes, but he didn't know if it was somebody of the staff or the guy who brought him.He knew his duel partner had hazel hair and gray eyes so he was confused."I'm okay thank you.If you have no work some company wouldn't hurt."He said invitingly
Joshua Alden
Joshua Alden
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Rousseau Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:20 pm

Duel victims were both a pleasure and a trial. They were kept often long after they could have easily gone home and as their spirits improved, the flirtation began. It was something that all of the nurses enjoyed - especially the younger ones - but it was always someone like Helene who had to deal with the initial questions. They always seemed to leave her frustrated and she had to remind herself that they didn’t know, wouldn’t know, and it was foolish of her to expect them to.

“No, sir,” She murmured, fixing the covers around him. “You were brought in a little over four hours ago.”

Another question followed and Helene looked up, burying irritation within her. He had a right to ask questions, she reminded herself, even if she didn’t have the time to be stood answering them. It was worse still when amnesia patients woke up and assumed it was still the late nineteen-nineties and they had a burning desire to join the war effort that was, in the present, non-existent beyond faction-based skirmishes.

“I was not in A&E when you were brought in, sir.” She told him robotically. “I’m afraid I wouldn’t know.”

She rose up to her full height, twisting a lock of hair behind her ear. Her lips pursed a little before spreading into a small smile.

“Would you like something better to drink than just water?” She inquired. “I’m sure I could find you some Pumpkin Juice.”
Alice Rousseau
Alice Rousseau
Beauxbatons Graduate
Beauxbatons Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua Alden Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:34 pm

"Oh that's okay,just a silly question"He said to the healer who looked irritated but trying to hide it he could sense it.She offered him pumpkin juice instead of water"Sure, I would prefer the pumpkin juice, thank you"He started to feel better with time and he got back up straight in his bed to drink the juice the healer had brought him.He was enjoying the juice and the view.

Joshua Alden
Joshua Alden
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top