Barakis, Annalise
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Barakis, Annalise Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Barakis, Annalise

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barakis, Annalise Empty Barakis, Annalise

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Barakis, Annalise Expostas.com-Claire-Holt-Australians-in-Film-Awards-and-Benefit-Dinner-in-Century-City---June-27-2012

Annalise Klara Barakis
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Annalise Klara Barakis

NICKNAMES: Anna, Lise, Klara

ALLEGIANCE: Neutral for now at least. Still debating between Dark Followers and Potter’s Army.

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Slytherin or Ravenclaw

CLASSES: DADA and Charms

WAND: Hazel with Phoenix Feather core, 10 & ¾ inches, Unbending

PLAY BY: Claire Holt

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOUR: Blonde

EYE COLOUR: Blue

COMPARATIVE HEIGHT: Average, 5’6”

BODY BUILD: On the thin side average

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Annalise is an average female with pale skin and blue eyes. She has blonde hair that flows down past her shoulders. Her typical look for her hair is down typically straightened while wearing her Hogwarts robes. If she’s not in her school robes because of a Hogsmeade outing or simply home for the holidays, she enjoys wearing a tight tank top and some jeans or a nice blouse. She likes to get dressed up, but will not typically wear a dress out and about. There has to be a reason behind it.

Annalise takes the time to make sure she looks good. Her nails are almost always perfectly manicured. She thinks that one’s outside should reflect the beauty on the inside. Therefore, she must wear makeup and keep her nails and attire in an orderly fashion.

PERSONALITY

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES:
    Strengths:
    1. Curious. She loves to gather intel and information.
    2. She’s intelligent, so she comprehends her studies very well.
    3. She’s loyal to those she considers friends. It’s hard to get there though.
    4. Very sarcastic.
    5. Great listener. Allows her to take everything in.
    Weaknesses:
    1. Quick-tempered. Annalise gets angry very easily and it’s not surprising to see her yell at something very small and contrite.
    2. Likes to procrastinate. Sure, she understands the lessons wonderfully, but does she like to put the effort into the homework? Definitely not.
    3. Curious. Sometimes her desire for information is a little too much and curiosity killed the cat.
    4. Wary of other’s motives. There’s that fear that people are going to betray her, which makes it hard to trust.

LIKES & DISLIKES:
    2. Information
    3. Getting dressed up
    4. Walking outside for no reason
    5. Boys who can keep up with her
    • Dislikes:
    1. Liars and cheaters
    2. Flying
    3. Getting dirty
    4. People who try to take advantage of her

GOALS:
    1. Obtain a ministry job after Hogwarts
    2. Pass all her NEWTs next year
    3. Collect miscellaneous information

HABITS & QUIRKS: Annalise likes to play with her hair when she’s bored. If she’s listening to someone go on and on about something she has no desire in, her mind wanders to her hair. If/When she’s satisfied with her hair, she’ll examine her nails to make sure they’re all order and look pristine. She is also known to play with the necklace from her mother quite a bit.

BOGGART: Best friend sharing all of Annalise’s secrets to the world

PATRONUS: The day her mom skipped work and the two of them got ice cream and walked along the coast the entire day.

DEMENTOR: Her parents yelling as Annalise hid from her bedroom and saw her mother throw out the suitcase as her father ran out dodging potion ingredients.

VERITASERUM: She has a diary that she writes in daily. Every little piece of information she collects is hidden away inside that little book.

MIRROR OF ERISED: (Have the ministry job of her dreams as well as the husband and family that she’s always wanted – someone who will treat her right and won’t betray her in any way.

PERSONALITY: Annalise is a very sarcastic girl because she likes to hide behind this mask she puts up. She loves to have control of a situation because she likes to know everything that’s going on. Curiosity gets the best of her sometimes. She doesn’t consider a lot of people as “friends” they’re more of acquaintances, but she does have a handful of very close people who are her friends. She also loves to gather any information that is out there. It’s not that she wants to hurt anyone; it’s more of for insurance. She wants to be in control just in case. Although gathering all the information and taking control, Annalise isn’t a very outspoken girl. She’ll get her words in here and there, but she’s the listener rather than the talker.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: André Barakis

MOTHER: Kayda Fakalon

SIBLING/S: None. Annalise is an only child.

OTHER: For the most part, it was just Annalise and her mother growing up.

BLOOD STATUS: Half-blood (father has wizarding parents; mother has a wizarding father and muggle mother)

RACE: Human

SOCIAL STATUS: Wealthy

PET/S: One barn owl named Jeffrey

OTHER POSSESSIONS: It’s not magical, but Annalise has a small heart-shaped sapphire necklace her mother gave her. The chain is long so it hangs down a bit. It’s typically tucked away underneath her shirt, but she likes to play with it quite a bit.

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years: Annalise grew up in a wealthy family. Her great-great-great-grandfather on her mother’s side was one of the wizards who discovered/created the Muffling Draught. The money from him has been passed down through the line since each generation only had one child. Even Annalise and her parents continue that tradition. Her father is originally from France and immigrated to England after he finished schooling. He speaks French fluently and made Annalise learn as well, but without practice in years, she remembers some, but not all.

Before Hogwarts, she grew up around both worlds: wizard and muggles. Her mother was a true half-blood with her mother being a muggle while her father was a wizard. Because of this, Annalise’s mom knew the importance of growing up knowing muggle things just as well as the wizarding world. Because of this, Annalise went to muggle elementary school before being shipped off to Hogwarts.

There, she made friends that ended up hating her, calling her a freak. It became difficult for Annalise to control her magic at times. She only lasted in muggle elementary school through second grade before her parents pulled her out. After this, her family went through quite a rough patch. Her parents divorced after her mother discovered her father cheating with a veela when he went to visit his family in France. Annalise’s mother kicked him out with nothing to spare, and then it was the two of them. Annalise has grown a strong hatred for veela since her father left.

Hogwarts Years: While at Hogwarts, Annalise learned how much she loves power and control, which showed her how much she wants to climb the Ministry of Magic ladder. She doesn’t want to be Minister herself, but a head of department wouldn’t be too bad. She has her eyes set on the Magical Law Enforcement Squad so that she can use some kind of information to help take lawbreakers down.

While at Hogwarts, Annalise also learned how much she likes to learn – information that is. She thinks it’s an interesting task to learn others’ secrets and share or not share. It really is the big question. She thinks that if people were more honest about what they really did or what they really thought then bad things wouldn’t happen. Or the hurt wouldn’t be as bad – just like with her father.

Adulthood: N/A

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

ALSO KNOWN AS: Lizzy

RP EXPERIENCE: I’ve been on a couple other RP sites. One x-men one and another Hogwarts one – although I didn’t stay there long. Been doing it for about a year.

HOW YOU FOUND US: Friend told me about it

MAIN CHARACTER: N/A

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: So I can roleplay and have fun?

RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Barakis, Annalise Empty Re: Barakis, Annalise

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:57 pm

Hey, Lizzy!

Welcome to PA! I've read your app for Anna, and I like her. However, I'm thinking she's going to have some difficulties in either Slytherin or Ravenclaw--for a couple of reasons.

First, Slytherin is built on a foundation of not just tradition but also of the importance of pureblood purity. If she's a halfblood, she might have difficulty accepting the idea of pureblood superiority that the Slytherins believe so much in. I think she might accept the idea of the importance of tradition, as such, but since she's been raised in both worlds, she'd have far more tolerance of muggles, halfbloods, etc., than the average Slytherin. Thats a bit of an obstacle for her.

Second, as a Ravenclaw, one of the hallmarks of a Ravenclaw is not just their intelligence but their love of learning. Anna likes to learn, but she doesn't like to do all the work to get there. Not exactly holding with a Ravenclaw.

However, of the two, I think she's a better fit as a Ravenclaw rather than a Slytherin. Do you have a particular preference for her being a Slytherin? Or would you be okay with her being sorted into Ravenclaw?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22553
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:01 am

Haha I was having trouble figuring out which two to put on my app myself. I felt like she fit in either Ravenclaw or Slytherin, but wasn't exactly sure on which one. To be honest, I don't have a preference for either. I'm totally okay with her in Ravenclaw as well. I can definitely see where you coming from with those two obstacles though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:05 am

Okay. Then, accepted and sorted to Ravenclaw!
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22553
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:06 am

Awesome. Thank you, Khaat!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down