Harvey, Seoul
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Harvey, Seoul Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Harvey, Seoul

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harvey, Seoul Empty Harvey, Seoul

Post by Seoul Harvey Sat May 04, 2013 4:27 pm

Harvey, Seoul Seoulf

Seoul Harvey
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Seoul Raymond Harvey (Pronounced 'soul')

NICKNAMES: None as of yet.

ALLEGIANCE: Neutral

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Ravenclaw or Gryffindor.

CLASSES: Transfiguration, Potions.

WAND: Black tartarian, Giants nail shard, 7" + very flexible.

PLAY BY: Aaron Bobrow.

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOUR: Dirty strawberry blonde.

EYE COLOUR: Light green.

COMPARATIVE HEIGHT: Tall. 6"2/188 cm

BODY BUILD: Not particularly strong but not particularly weedy. He doesn't work out but he is active enough and doesn't eat a lot of meat so he has a very naturally lean amount of muscle.

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Seoul isn't what everyone would immediately find attractive. His green eyes capture your attention but until he smiles most people wouldn't call him gorgeous. He's not unattractive, just that he's a plainer kind of beauty. He does have fabulous cheek bones however and a smile that is bright and soft. His teeth are straight though his canine's are pushed a touch forward due to over crowding, nothing that you would immediately notice unless you were keenly observant. Seoul has soft skin without calluses as he's never really been fond of heavy duty hands on work and over his entire body he has a smattering of freckles, the highest density of which are on his face, shoulders and elbows.

His hair is a soft, curly but not really curly, mop and is usually unruly around his ears.

When he's not in school uniform he's in a rolled up shirt or a singlet and chinos with some kind of canvas shoe.

PERSONALITY

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES:
    s: Seoul is intrigued by everything, he wants to know more and will ask genuinely interested questions to become informed.
    s: He is naturally studious but finds it effortless to retain information so he doesn't need to study for long periods at a time.
    s: Seoul will help a friend out at any time of the day or night should the need arise.
    s/w: Seoul can be both immeasurably helpful and immeasurably rude depending on how he's feeling.
    w: Seoul has a weakness for soft faced natural red heads.
    w: Seoul can be a dreamer, dreaming of what he could or would do with the latest thing he's learnt.
    w: Seoul has no idea what he wants to do with his life yet.

LIKES & DISLIKES:
    l: Seoul likes girls, a lot. But he's not a sleaze bag. He's open to new relationships and believes that destiny falls on you, opportunities should be taken and coincidences happen for a reason. He likes to keep his interests quiet and isn't the kind to flounce his love life out around in public. He's quite sensible.
    l: Seoul freaking loves grapes. The house elf's now put extra servings on his table during breakfast because he scoffs them.
    l: Seoul is interested in astronomy. He finds what the muggles discover with their telescopes sometimes more fascinating than magical happenings.
    d: He's not much interested in quidditch as he's not particularly sporty.
    d: Seouls not a huge fan of moaning myrtle, he finds her annoying and crass.
    d: Soul hates big spiders, he breaks out in a cold sweat if someone transforms one in class.

GOALS:
    Seoul hasn't considered much what he wants to do with his life. His biggest goal at the moment is to finish school with good grades and academically have doors open to travel into any field he would like to pursue. The idea of seeing the world after school ends appeals greatly to him.

HABITS & QUIRKS:
    Seoul tends to space out a bit considering something he's just discovered. His thoughtful nature can also get the better of him at times and cause him to over think simple scenarios.

He is prone to taking conversation into tangents as well which can be frustrating for some but he means well.

PERSONALITY:
    Seoul is a friendly guy, curious about his world and feels lucky rather than privileged to have received his fathers magical talents. He is amicable and jovial, serious when he needs to be and he tries to be even of temperament.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER:
    Seouls father is a muggle graphic designer born in Switzerland but moved to england in his late twenties where he met Seouls mother at a gallery opening.

MOTHER:
    Seouls mother is an english witch who owns a magical ingredients shop. Seoul takes after her in looks.

SIBLING/S:
    None.

BLOOD STATUS:
    Mixed blood.

SOCIAL STATUS:
    Middle Class, Seouls family is comfortable and he himself is a good saver so Seoul can splurge occasionally without feeling too guilty.

PET/S:
    Seoul has a pet rat, Claire, who is two toned in cream and white. She's a replacement for last years pet rat who passed during semester break, Phoebe.

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years:
    Seoul had a happy childhood thanks to his good parents. While somewhat technologically deprived as his father (Who ironically works on a computer everyday) didn't want his child growing up inside. So they spent weekends camping in the English country side, or if they couldn't get away just simply in the backyard, and taking family holidays up to Scotland for fishing trips.

Due to his fathers Swiss heritage by the time Seoul entered Hogwarts he'd already been to quite a few countries in Europe as every couple of years from about Seouls fourth birthday their family would have a holiday in christmas break to a explore a new country. In many ways Seoul thinks this is what has rounded him as an even, intrigued and tolerant person.

When the letter from Hogwarts came on a drizzly afternoon it was a pleasant surprise to all of them as Seoul hadn't experienced any magical accidents that would have tipped him off to following in his mothers lineage. Although he had always felt like there was something in his core being that he needed to explore.

Hogwarts Years:
    When Seoul entered Hogwarts he was quite shy. In fact he spent most of the first year with a few acquaintances in his classes but no one he really hung out with in his leisure times. It was second year where he started to make a few friends here and there and these bonds which would turn out to be tight and true were the stepping stones of encouragement he needed to start building a sense of confidence.

For the next few years Seoul collected a few more friends, he was never interested in becoming the popular kid, instead he was content with have a reasonable sized group of people he could really get to know and trust.

It wasn't until fifth year that he started noticing girls and all of a sudden they were everywhere, smiling and laughing, the sun catching their soft hair. His first kiss was with his first girlfriend, meghan who had dark chestnut coloured hair, almond shaped eyes and chocolate skin. They stayed together for a month before she decided she was too young to be in a long term relationship. He was absolutely heart broken.

Since then he's dabbled in romance but he won't just set out to nab anything that moves, it takes something enamouring to get Seouls attention enough for him to make a move.

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

ALSO KNOWN AS: Seoul :3

RP EXPERIENCE: I used to RP on another HP website 'The white ferret' when I was like 16 for a few years. Now I'm looking for something to do in uni breaks and I've been interested in sharpening my writing as I'm a creative student. I've only been on TWF and a few short stints on other forums when it closed down... So HP is familiar and warm and fuzzy x haha

HOW YOU FOUND US: Google, "Harry Potter RPG" I think. Which lead me to "Top RPG" website of which I can't remember the name.

MAIN CHARACTER: Seouls my first :3

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER:
    I know Seoul may not be the most interesting character to come onto your boards but I really am just here to have a good time and RP with some people so I wanted a character who's pretty plain and that I could develop into something of its own accord. Also I've only ever played a Slytherin or a Gryffindor so I thought...
    Spoiler:

RP SAMPLE:
    Oh I hate these haha...
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Seoul Harvey on Thu May 16, 2013 5:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Seoul Harvey
Seoul Harvey

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Harvey, Seoul Empty Re: Harvey, Seoul

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 09, 2013 11:21 pm

Welcome!

Let us know if there's anything we can do either to help with your app or to help you feel more at home!

K.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22556
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon May 13, 2013 11:50 pm

I love your character. He's well constructed. I love the unusual wand choice. And I like that he's very appropriate for his age and development. He is definitely, in my mind, a Ravenclaw. I can't wait to see him up and on the boards.

Can you please finish the character history section so I can approve him?

And as I stated in my other post, if there's something we can do to help, just give a yell.

k.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22556
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Seoul Harvey Tue May 14, 2013 2:06 pm

Thanks Khaat Smile
Yeah, I decided to get as obscure as I could with the wand because I never know what to write haha

I finished the history. Hopefully it's okay. Sorry I took so long. there's like three weeks left in my uni semester so I'm busy as all get out!

Seoul Harvey
Seoul Harvey

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 16, 2013 1:02 am

Its awesome! Nice job. He's great.

Accepted and sorted into Ravenclaw.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate