Character Feedback......If You Dare XD
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Character Feedback......If You Dare XD Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Character Feedback......If You Dare XD

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Character Feedback......If You Dare XD Empty Character Feedback......If You Dare XD

Post by Albus S Potter Fri May 03, 2013 5:07 am

Right, so basically this is the game to come to if you wanna know whether your character has won the hearts of all......or sucks royally XD

Its simple. You post, the person after you comments on your character. You could simply be mega-super-awesome-nice and post all the things which you love about the character. Very Happy Or you could be nicer, and explain whether he/she (the charrie) is too one-dimensional, or maybe too Terminator-ish, if he/she tends to be repetitive etc etc. (EVERLASTING RULE: DONT BE A MEANIE Razz )

I think it'll be a great way of mutual improvement, of voicing things which we've all wanted to say at one point or another. I'm putting Albus on the chopping block first. So post.....if you dare XD
Albus S Potter
Albus S Potter
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 454
Special Abilities : Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Character Feedback......If You Dare XD Empty Re: Character Feedback......If You Dare XD

Post by Wilhelmina Abercrombie Fri May 03, 2013 5:19 am

Hi!

Albus is my favorite! <3 I like that he has dark tendencies but tries to resist them. I think you developed him really well as far as good/evil goes. I like his family issues too. I think you've struck a good balance between strength and weaknesses. I'd write some constructive criticism... but I don't have any right now. I just want to express Albus feels.
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Character Feedback......If You Dare XD Empty Re: Character Feedback......If You Dare XD

Post by Erika Dixon Fri May 03, 2013 5:31 am

Aw, thank you Very Happy

I think the person who we roleplay with also plays a part in moulding our charries, so thanks to Jack for bringing out sides of Albus that I frankly hadn't planned. Very Happy It just sort of...flowed, you know.

Wally. Hmm....haven't roleplayed with her, but seen her RP's with others. She seems to have a mischievous side which is seldom drawn out, which is nice. Smile She seems normal and believable enough.......but I guess there is one thing Razz I understand she's meant to be a bit quiet, but I sometimes get the impression that you as a RP'er yourself get bored with her Razz I might be wrong.....but...its just a feeling.

(Don't kill me, pweety please?)
Erika Dixon
Erika Dixon
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 138

Back to top Go down

Post by Padril Crennent Fri May 03, 2013 7:35 am

I've spent the last twenty minutes reading your posts Erika, and I'm really impressed with the way you've dealt with Erika's trauma. I feel sorry for Erika, she feels fragmented and a little broken, but she's also not an entire pity case. She's strong, and a bit abrasive. As a person, I love her, but I can imagine how draining it would be to be her friend. You've done a really tough job and done it well!

My only criticism would be, from what I've read, one of the only features of her personality? Perhaps that's justifiable, but I would like to see a thread where the voices are all silent and she basks in it, and acts 'normally' (or whatever that is). She may already have a thread for that, and it may not be consistent with what you have planned for her, but I think that would let us see other parts of personality but also ram home the tragedy of the trauma in future threads.

Yeah, but overall fantastic, really admirable job. You're awesome.
Padril Crennent
Padril Crennent

Number of posts : 136

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri May 03, 2013 3:04 pm

@Keira - You're very correct. Her silence used to be soooo bad. I actually had to deactivate her because my muse disappeared. I'm working on expanding her social skills. It just takes the right sort of characters, and I can't get many people willing to RP with her for some reason.

From what I've seen, Padril is absolutely adorable. I love how awkward he is. I've only read two threads - I would read more, but I'm due for work soon - so the only criticism I could give now would be that he has the same sort of problem Keira mentioned. He might get a little quiet, which can get monotonous for you. But I like how, even when he is quiet or he doesn't interact with anyone, he still contemplates his next move. It's something a lot of RPers forget to do.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Sat May 04, 2013 2:39 am

Jack's a badass. Enough said. Hahaha.
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2915

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat May 04, 2013 3:06 am

Nick has gotten a lot better of the years. I think you are still a little impulsive with your decisions with him - it should take multiple threads to really establish development in him and, I think, you tend to pack a lot into a short amount of time, which may make seem a little flat. But he's improved a loooot.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sullivan Sun May 05, 2013 6:01 pm

I have had my fair share of time with ol Jacky. I still don't know what it is she wants lol. I like her because she does what she thinks is right even if everyone else thinks its wrong. She has her ways and she stays in them. Plus she is one of the few who actually knows Aaron isn't such a bad guy as much as he is just a radical idealist so she tries to stay friends with him even though he is kind of a douche nozzle. Plus, pro quidditch player, which your fame with be for nothing once ol Brian becomes the next big star.
Brian Sullivan
Brian Sullivan
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon May 06, 2013 12:13 am

I think that's Jack's biggest flaw - she doesn't know what she wants. She just sort of... does things that feel right. XD

Brian. I love him. A lot. He's sooo much fun, really. I think he's a really awesome on for a roleplay, because he's very adaptable. I also like that, even though he's SUPER confident, he doesn't always have the ability to back it up. That gives him the perfect give and take. I'd love to see him get all sentimental about a girl (I offer all my students XD ) just to see him thrown for confidence once. But I think he's really well crafted and well written.

Also. I love Elijah Wood as a playby. Elijah Wood is just... precious.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus S Potter Mon May 06, 2013 6:35 am

Jack. XD

In my opinion, a very, very, intensely real character. She's one of the few charries who for me actually transcend the line from imagination to reality. I LOVE the way her emotions are expressed, her confusion too is very real. Its obvious that a lot of effort has gone into her. I like that her personality is not defined by one thing, but its very well-rounded, with a wide range of highs and lows. I can't think of criticism for this one, really, so WELL DONE. Very Happy Very Happy
Albus S Potter
Albus S Potter
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 454
Special Abilities : Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top