Making A Stand - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Making A Stand - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Making A Stand

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Making A Stand - Page 2 Empty Re: Making A Stand

Post by Vivianna Varnes Wed May 01, 2013 12:59 am

Vivianna was nervous, she'd have to be insane not to be. From the look of things she was the youngest here by far, and was already getting more involved in war than any of those silly little supporter groups that existed in Hogwarts. She'd worried that others would be suspicious of her, but from the look of things she seemed alright. If the young witch hadn't been so practiced at looking confident, she might've been shaking. With nerves or with a terrified excitement, she couldn't be sure.

The first one to truly speak was Albus Potter, the leader. Or the figurehead, at the very least. It was always possible that someone else was speaking through him. They both knew that she hadn't been on the invite list, but the man didn't seem to mind. He had almost seemed, pleased? But Vivianna was hardly going to complain about things going her way. The teenager found herself nodding along slightly as the man spoke. The passion was overwhelming, and there was no place she'd rather be. The next person to talk was a vampire, Vivianna knew how to recognize a vampire. The man was defiantly dark, and spoke with almost as much passion as Albus had. If this was the type of people she was getting involved with, the Hogwarts student was sure that they'd go far.

It was odd, she was more nervous about the adults surrounding her discovering her true age, than getting involved in something this illegal. Technically, her experimental brewing was far from legal. The redhead had studied the laws on the subject to the point that she could recite them in her sleep. Fooling around with and slightly improving existing draughts was allowed, but a permit was needed to actually create your own potions. To get a permit, one would need a Potions Mastery. Once a permit-holder invented a potion, it had to be registered with the Ministry within the week. Considering that the student created her own potions without having a permit or Mastery, and that none of her creations were filed with the government, the witch wasn't exactly keeping a clean nose. Technically speaking, the girl was breaking at least three laws on a daily basis, one of which was possession and usage of illegal draughts.

Taking a deep breath in and insuring that her voice wouldn't sound to young, Vivianna turned to Albus Potter and said, "I'm in."
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus S Potter Thu May 02, 2013 6:36 am

It was an odd mix of people, of characters who ended up at this table today. Albus had known even before he had begun this venture, that cooperation and maintaining peace among themselves would be the biggest task that the Rebels would face. As evidenced by Jack stiffening up at his side as Ne'os Emof talked.

"Thank you for the assurance, Mr Emof. This is what we are aiming for. Justice, equality for everyone whether 'human' or not. And if to achieve this, the Ministry has to be brought down, then so be it." Then his verdant eyes flickered lightly and fixed on those of the vampire. "And the threat is much appreciated. I assure you it won't come down to it though." The words were polite, but firm. Albus had no intention of letting this rebellion rot from the inside, before it had even begun.

"Now, to business." The tone was brisk, to-the-point. "To truly launch this movement, I propose a public declaration of sorts. To show the Ministry what they're dealing with. An article in the media.....along with.....ah, crashing the so-called 'Pureblood' Picnic, where our spokesperson can cleanly announce war, in a way. This will go hand-in-hand with recruitment, from the youth who are the future. In other words, recruitment from Hogwarts: through the Potter's Army and Dark Followers. Essential preliminary steps to put the rebellion in limelight, and strengthen it." He straightened. "Your thoughts, suggestions?"
Albus S Potter
Albus S Potter
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 454
Special Abilities : Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu May 02, 2013 6:46 am

Jack thought Albus handled Ne'Os - hopefully, his tone implied he was not altogether at ease with the vampire. Ne'Os' reputation had proven him to be one to keep at a bit of a distance. Though Jack could understand the need to let people get closer. Everyone here would have to learn to depend on each other in some form or another. Even she would have to depend on Ne'Os. To a degree. A small degree.

The smallest degree possible.

Jack liked Albus' plan. This was right up her alley. She was sure, if her disguise was down, those around her would be looking to her. She did own the country's best prank shop, after all. She had made a name for herself at Hogwarts. Before her had been Fred and George, then her, and she had left Keith Nicholas to take up the legacy.

She placed her wand in her lap and angled it up towards her. When she spoke, her voice was oddly vague, sounding neither feminine nor masculine. "Fireworks. I can get them to spell out any message you'd like. And I can get any Weasleys' product you'd think necessary."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Thu May 02, 2013 10:47 am

Susan listen with intent ears. She wanted to get details. She lived off finding details to understand. She had enough with her life being threatened. If she got rid of the Ministry, it’s not so brilliant form, she could rebuild it to the point she didn’t have to worry about getting killed.

“After the past few weeks I don’t think I’ve ever been sure so sure the Ministry isn’t doing its job. I should have to be worried about getting attacked in the middle of the street if the Ministry was working properly. There has been way too much unfortunate things happen to overlook the way the Ministry functions at the moment. It took the Ministry forever to cure whatever that green disease was,” said Susan. She didn’t blame the Khaats for everything. It just happened they were in office when this all happened. She did feel bad for doing this to them but the whole Ministry was falling apart.

“I have no issues with dark wizards or witches as long as they aren’t trying to kill me or my family. I honestly could work anyone long as I felt I could trust them,” added Susan. She fixed her cloak so it didn’t stick to her stomach. Not that she was showing much of anything. But she knew after the last attempt on her life her suspicions where right.

Susan knew straight away what to do soon as she heard the word media come up. One thing Susan was good at and that was using the media to gain the public appeal of the public. She was good at it. Some things people are just natural at. She knew she would have been great on the Ministry but she chose to get married and have kids instead otherwise she would be on the other side of the fence possibly.

“If you are looking for media I’m probably the biggest influence on the wizarding public. A lot of people read the Daily Prophet. Now listing who is involved would be stupid since we would lose credibility with public,” said Susan. She wouldn’t be in for crashing the picnic but Neville could be. “To be honest outside of media I really want to stay out of that much trouble. I have five kids that need me not in Azkaban. But Neville would be in on it though, he was unable to make it today,” she added.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Thu May 02, 2013 5:12 pm

Vivianna listened, all of her attention on those whom were sitting at the table with her. The young witch would turn to stare intently at whomever was talking, something she usually refrained herself from doing. The teenager had been told on numerous occasions that the way she would look at someone when interested in what they were saying could be downright unnerving. Considering where she was though, the girl hardly cared.

The teenager had stayed silent, listening as certain members of the group spoke up and offered what they could do for Albus Potter's plan. A mustached man spoke up first after Albus himself, offering up his own resources to draw attention to their cause. Then a woman whom Vivianna vaguely recognized as Susan Bones took the proverbial floor, bring to the table her place in the media.

Vivianna herself, was cursing internally. Her original plan was to lay as low a possible, but something Albus had said hit home. It was something that she'd be able to do quite easily, and would be many times more difficult for anyone else present. Resining herself to not being quite as inconspicuous as she'd like, the witch spoke, "I have an in inside of Hogwarts, for recruitment purposes. It won't be easy, far too many children these days are brought up to believe their superiors without question, but I'm certain that there are at least a few."

Leaning back in her chair, Vivianna swiftly began creating herself a cover story. There was no way in hell that she would admit to these people that her "in" was actually herself, considering that she was still a Hogwarts student. Mind quickly fabricating a lie, in the way that only those who did quite often could, the teenager came up with something that would hopefully work if anyone asked who the connection was. The witch would tell them that she had a fifteen year old sister in the school, who shared her beliefs. Little Vivianna would be the one doing the recruiting, while older sister Valeria, would be the one attending meetings. If at any time Vivianna had to bring in the recruits to a meeting, Valeria would just have to be sick or something. There were far too many possible holes in the rough plan, but it was the best the girl could come up with.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus S Potter Mon May 06, 2013 6:30 am

It was all coming together. Albus resisted the temptation to rub his hands.

"Excellent." He inclined his head towards Susan. "I understand where you're coming from, so if you wish not to get openly involved, that is entirely up to you. You're free to remain anonymous, or portray yourself as 'sympathetic' to the cause. But if you could manage to turn public opinion to our side, I don't think anyone here would think that you're contribution isn't enough."

Then of course, Jack. "Flashy but......interesting. It'll grab us the attention we need, in addition to making those Ministry-idiots gawk." A light smirk. "You and I shall do the 'crashing' then, Mr..." An old tale of Uncle Ron's came to Albus's mind. His smirk broadened, "Mr Wazlib. Feel free to bring along any product you find necessary."

Then the unknown woman, who Albus felt more and more with every passing moment was not a woman after all. The faintly twitching hand, the carefully constructed syllables........Maybe even a fellow Slytherin. A feeling of kinship, supported by Albus's logical mind calculated the pros to be heavier than the cons, so a neutral smile with a tinge of perhaps more, "Of course. Feel free to start spreading the word. Mind to keep names and details out of it though. We don't want anyone to go ratting out anything important."

Then a word to the last member of the group. "That leaves you, Mr Emof. Would you, perhaps, be interested in spreading the word among people of your own....ah, allegiances? Contacts among non-humans? And maybe scope out the enemy, in case they catch a whiff of our plans? A little risky, but nothing you can't handle, I trust."

"And now that preliminary steps have been finalised....maybe a look towards the future. How do you see the Ministry after we have taken over it? The system of government?"
Albus S Potter
Albus S Potter
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon May 06, 2013 6:46 am

Jack very much liked this idea. Busting in on a picnic full of people who had harassed her all throughout her Hogwarts years for being a muggleborn sounded like a pretty sweet use of her afternoon. And in what a fashion too - they would be so worried about soiling their fancy opera gloves, that embers and sparks flying about would send them into an absolute panic attack.

She nodded her head, again pressing her wand against her body to again resume the strange voice, making it as pretentious and haughty as possible, "It will be done, my liege."

She was sure she would get hell for that later.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Mon May 06, 2013 7:41 am

Pain...Not physical but mental. A side effect of the curse Grindelwald had put on him. It struck at horrible times. Memories. Memories of a life between bodies. Memories that his brain couldn't handle. Just as it began it faded. He looked down at his hands they had turned into fists and he could see a little blood trickling from his hand from where his nails had punctured the skin. He relaxed them taking a handkerchief out of his pocket and soaking up the blood.

Despite being far from events he had somehow managed to hear and understand Albus's question. "Sorry," he stammered his voice sounding slightly distant it grew in strength as he continued. "Sorry about that. Hazard of the job when you do what I do...what you all are going to do.....Anyway. Yes. I think I can get in touch with the covens and the packs in London. I won't venture outside of London, to many vampires would be disastrous to the human population as would werewolves should a full moon rise." He could picture what that looked like and it involved plenty of unexplained and gruesome deaths.

An idea popped into his head but he wasn't sure how to approach it. "If you need I could infiltrate the ministry...It would be risky as there is magic that sends alerts when I enter but I'm sure I could design an artifact that could get me inside. I could gather secret information or acquire any object....or should we need a target eliminated or temporarily removed from service. I could do that to. Though should I ever need to be used in a such a way there is a high chance that any direct action I take against the ministry would be suicidal or a trip to Azkaban so I would have a price. But we can handle such things should we get there."

Infiltration was something he was good at. Of course the last time he had gotten into the ministry he knew that Grindelwald would want to see him. Ne'Os figured that such a thing wouldn't work twice.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Tue May 07, 2013 4:42 am

(Leah is a white wolf)
The decision had already been made up in Silvyr's mind for hours that he was going to the meeting. A trusted ally was going to be there. What did he have to worry about? Still a shadow of a doubt crept into his mind when his bare fingers grabbed hold of the port key. Before he could change his mind a yank pulled him through time and space to a doorstep in a location he had never seen before. "Great." he thought himself.

"Just go in." was all that kept going through Silvyr's mind ten minutes after arriving while he stood frozen still looking at the door that he had been brought in front of. "You came so go in you idiot." came the voice in his head again as he almost turned the nob but stopped himself. Finally Leah let out a whimper by his side. Even she had grown tired of the wait. Without thinking about it again Silvyr twisted and walked through the door. A few people sat at a table looking at him clearly off put by the late intrusion.

"Sorry, I took the bus." said Silvyr jokingly towards the few people he was looking at who were sitting at a long table. "No need to fill me in I'll listen and try to catch up as quick as possible." he said while pulling a chair around to the other head end of the table and sitting down. He threw his feet up over the right edge and leaned the chair back on it's hind legs. A gesture he never would have made before but ever since Azkaban Silvyr had found new thoughts crawling around in his head. Thoughts that were shaping him into someone different. He was no longer apart of the Order and now wore a devil may care attitude. He barely recognized himself anymore.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by Albus S Potter Fri May 10, 2013 9:12 am

If it had been just them, Albus would've smacked Jack upside the head. 'My liege', honestly. And all those who cried foul against a man raising a hand on a woman could be damned. Once you ripped Jack's outer covering, ten buffed-up guys would tumble out.

Albus turned his attention to Ne'Os. "At the present, any eliminations shouldn't be necessary. We aim to get enough public support to tide over the Ministry, and remove those who pose problems without any...unpleasantness. Regardless, if push comes to shove, rest assured that you'll be the first one called." After all, there were always casualties in a war. And Albus would be severely deluding himself, and the others, if he thought that their goals could be achieved without any bloodshed.

Then a man burst into the meeting, and Albus inclined his head in greeting. Silvyr Swan. The man apologised briefly, then assumed a casual position at the other end of the table. He seemed to be different from the reports, but change, in circumstances and in people, was unavoidable. "Welcome Mr. Swan. We were just discussing about the different roles the different members would be playing in the initial stages of the rebellion. What would you like to bring to it?"
Albus S Potter
Albus S Potter
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top