Susan's Radio Station: Immigration
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Susan's Radio Station: Immigration Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Susan's Radio Station: Immigration

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Susan's Radio Station: Immigration Empty Susan's Radio Station: Immigration

Post by Susan Bones Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:56 am

So it has been a long time since I last broadcasted. I have been in the process for leaving the country. My family and I have decided to move to Germany. Germany is much safer then England at the moment. So you can guess what the topic is going to be in this broadcast. I will be talking about safety in England, the amount of people leaving England and how to leave England.

Safety, the number one thing on people’s mind. Be it in Hogwarts, street of Diagon Alley or the streets of muggle London. People are worried and for good reason. Everyone members the tragedy in Diagon Alley. Attacks are becoming a new normal. I myself found myself attacked in muggle London without a wand, even if I had a wand I had to risk a muggle seeing me use my wand. When does life override laws? In my case if I had my wand I would have used it. I don’t care about the laws when my life is on the line and I have five kids that need me. I no longer feel safe in England. I don’t even feel safe in my own home. Some choose to get weapons and use dangerous protection spells. I already have several muggle weapons and have taken several self-defense classes. It’s still not enough. I will not risk killing a defenseless muggle that accidently finds a protection shield.

So what’s the big deal about me leaving England? There are at least twenty other families that came with me. I talked to Germany officials. They have fifty families a month in Germany alone and they have to turn down at least thirty families a month. Most of these families need jobs and there are only so many open jobs. I am currently working for the Berlin Wizarding Press and Radio. I’m loving it despite the language barrier. I have been learning German very quickly. It’s very hard for everyone coming over. Language, different foods, money and places to live. Life is hard but once you get used to it it’s a great. Work can be difficult, brutal and hard. I find myself covering stories that I would never do in England. I’ve covering working conditions of immigrants and refugees, orphanages that aren’t up to standard, mass tragedy and even things going on in a hospital the good and the ugly. I spend so many hours working its crazy but it’s worth it.

Thinking about living? Here is my advice. First try to apply for immigration before refugee placement. Secondly, don’t ever give up. It may get to the points in the first few weeks when you want to give up, don’t. You came for a new life, don’t waste it. Thirdly, trust your gut. Most of the families face the choices of what to do with their children. It’s not an easy choice to make, I haven’t even made it. In the end it’s your gut that matters the most. Fourthly, know the laws don’t get yourself in trouble for stupid stuff like my ex-husband nearly did. He almost got arrested until I explained we had just moved to Germany, they let him go with only a warning. Lastly, just jump into life in the country you are staying in. Learn the language, if the main language isn’t English. Try new foods, it’s fun though at times vile. Get to know neighbors, other locals and coworkers. Most people are very friendly and love to help out. I honestly love Germany because of that. If you chose to leave England or anywhere else in the United Kingdom know you aren’t alone and it a chance of a lifetime.

So that’s all I have. I need to get ready for work. Another day of hard work. Work isn’t work if you love it. I can only imagine what I am going to heard about this broadcast when I get home from work tonight.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top