Family ties
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Family ties Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Family ties

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Family ties Empty Family ties

Post by Liesl Dolohov Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:18 am

With everyone away for the holidays, it was much easier being a good example. For one thing, there was hardly anyone to see when she was not being a good example, such as right now, reaching out to tickle the pear in the painting that lead through to the kitchens at a time right before curfew was about to tick by.

And for another thing, all the horrible people that caused Liesl to use her super prefect powers for evil seemed to up and evaporated out of Hogwarts. Off to see their families. Liesl had given up envying them long ago. Not that she disliked her parents, but not having them around so much made her and her brothers stronger than the soft, silly children in Hogwarts who played at being the Courageous Gryffindor and the Evil Slytherin.

A house elf scuttled forward with a tray of sacrificial cookies. Liesl's stomach lurched at the thought of the sickly sweet food.

"I want steamed pork buns!" she cried petulantly.

Hogwarts had a disturbing tendency toward traditional English meals - if you couldn't roast it, you fried it and if you couldn't fry it, you boiled it. Besides, there was nothing wrong with pretending to be a spoiled brat.
Liesl Dolohov
Liesl Dolohov
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Family ties Empty Re: Family ties

Post by Andrei Dolohov Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:29 am

Andrei was use to spending the Christmas holidays at Hogwarts. When he was young he would yearn for a family Christmas like everyone else, but today he much more preferred to be left alone. That's what he made himself believe anyway. As almost a part of his tradition, the first week was spent exploring the castle and the grounds. Going to all of the hallways and hidden passageways he didn't have a chance to before. But after week one, boredom set in.

That's when he decided to visit Alice in her home, which proved to be a disaster. Not only did he now have the Longbottom family on his neck, but probably the Macmillian one as well. Not that he ever got along with any of them before this whole thing, expect for Alice. He was happy to find out that she stood firmly on his side. Seems like it was working out just as he wanted. Besides the part where he was chased out by a furious Order member.

It was another slow day for Andrei and he dragged himself to the kitchen as soon as he heard his stomach rumble. He wasn't surprised to see his sister was already there, ordering the kitchen elves around. "Always so difficult to please, dear sister", he said with a grin and sat on top of the table.

His eyes roamed the kitchen as he searched for even a hint of good food. Not finding anything that would please his taste, he just took a few Yorkshire puddings and stuffed his face with it rather quickly.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by Liesl Dolohov Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:02 am

"Liar."

Liesl wasn't about to let Andrei's taunting get her down. It had been annoying when they were younger and didn't know that letting people get under your skin was just another way of validating them.

"Anyway, being difficult to please is a virtue, not a flaw. At least I'm not the one stuffing my face with anything I can see," she added as she hopped onto the table next to him.

"Sooo, you've been hiding all holidays," she probed.

It was true. He hadn't been around, though Liesl didn't know why. Her best guess was that daddy had decided sons were better than daughters and wanted Andrei to do something important, even though it was clear that everyone on earth thought she was better at absolutely everything. Face it, Papa, Andrei was born in the middle for a reason.

"I have noticed you've hardly been in the common room or anywhere else in the castle, you know. Is there something you want to tell me? I'm sure it will make you feel better to get everything off your chest."

At that moment the house elf with the pork buns arrived. She took the tray and occupied herself deconstructing her food while she waited for Andrei to defend himself.
Liesl Dolohov
Liesl Dolohov
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:00 pm

"Then you are the most virtuous of all", he said with a grin, mocking a bow to his sister. He was use to taunting her so much back when they were kids that it would feel strange not to do it anymore. Besides, he blamed it on sibling rivalry, something that was quite encouraged in his family and neither Liesl or Andrei were very good at losing. Second place was just never good enough.

He ignored her remark about his eating habits and swallowed another Yorkshire pudding in a matter of seconds. "There is nothing wrong with the way I eat", he said grabbing another pudding. "Maybe my bad manners are genetic. I'm sure it runes in the family", Andrei said with a chuckle. "Go ahead, try one", he added pushing one of the plates towards her.

Andrei frowned when she mentioned his absence. He didn't thought she would notice it all to be honest. But she was right, the common room and the dorms were now the last place you could see him. He was just well - busy. "I've been hiding in the kitchen mostly. Can't you tell? I think I'm getting fat from all of the food now", he said with a laugh. "I got a job you know. Pretty impressive right? Who would have thought. At the Leaky Cauldron", he explained as it was the first thing that came to mind and a good reason for his absence too.

"I was quite busy to be honest. Just with little projects still under development, nothing too exciting", he said shrugging his shoulders and taking a bite of a bread bun.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liesl Dolohov Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:03 am

Liesl's mouth dropped open.

"Are you insane?" she demanded, before continuing without giving him time to reply, because Andrei just didn't think anything through.

"Andrei, don't you know Neville Longbottom is a True Gryffindor and used to be an auror and is most probably a member of the Order? You didn't get a job at the Leaky because you earned it with your impeccable resume, you got it because Longbottom is hoping you'll let something slip about where Daddy is."

"I can't believe you didn't think of that. What have you said so far? Has he ever asked you about our family? You didn't look into his eyes did you?" she quizzed.

She hopped off the table and looked at her brother expectantly.

"Well? We have to go to the library. You could have been obliviated or anything."
Liesl Dolohov
Liesl Dolohov
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:13 am

Andrei rolled his eyes at his sister's questions. As if he didn't already know all of that. Funny how people had no trust in his intelligence lately. "Calm down. Yes, I know who Neville Longbottom is very well. How could you think I wouldn't? Merlin, thanks for the family trust", he said with an annoyed frown. He hated being treated like a child, especially by his own sister.

Why did people give him no credit for the things he does and only saw him as a gullible sixth year. That was one of the reasons he was doing this after all, to prove them wrong. At least his father had high hopes for him. Or more like expectations, for both him and his brother. He had to, they were his only legacy. Of course Liesl was there, and even in situations where she could outdo her both siblings put together, she was somehow overlooked and put in second place. But Andrei didn't worry much about his sister, he knew she would fight her way through anything.

"I said nothing of course! What do you take me for? Do you think I would just walk into the Ministry of Magic, go to the Auror department and tell them everything I know? Because what you are suggesting is the same. So don't be ridiculous and give me at least the benefit of the doubt", Andrei said defending himself.

"I was careful around him don't worry. For once I have things under control, alright? Just trust me on this. I guess you won't be very happy to hear that I crashed into his house either", he said with a guilty grin on his face. "Took me forever to get through all of his bloody protection spells. But for an ex-auror the protection around the house is quite disappointing actually", Andrei added.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liesl Dolohov Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:32 am

Liesl heaved a sigh, to cover up for the fact that she really did believe her brother was that stupid.

"I never said you were stupid," she said. "I just implied it a little."

"But it is true they could have veritaserumed you up and then obliviated you afterwards," she insisted. "These are former aurors we're talking about. We need to check you for memory modification."

She scratched her head and narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously.

"Especially if you crashed into his house. How did that happen? What are you planning, Andrei?"
Liesl Dolohov
Liesl Dolohov
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:07 pm

"Whatever", he said with a chuckle at her remark. "Aren't you being a bit paranoid now, don't you think little sis? As I said I'm well aware that they are aurors. I also know how dangerous they can be. I wouldn't just go playing around with things like that if I didn't have a plan, alright? Trust me, none of the Longbottoms would dare to touch me, for their own reasons", he said. This in his mind was very true. Hurting him meant hurting their little Alice and that was something they definitely avoided at all costs. So as long as he didn't cross any major lines, he was safe.

"Go ahead, check my memory. But really you're just wasting your time. I know how to take care of myself, that's never a problem", he said mainly to defend his decisions. Andrei knew that they didn't make any sense to Liesl, especially because she knew nothing what had happened. Perhaps he could bring her in on it just a little bit. Just to explain some things to her so she knows. Liesl was her sister and family after all, she could be trusted. Or he truly hoped so.

"Just a little project sis, a fun little one. As for the breaking and entering, I was actually invited. Well it was a surprise, but I was asked to come. I was delivering a present - to Alice. It's was Christmas time after all", started Andrei rather curious about her reaction.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liesl Dolohov Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:02 am

"You gave Alice Longbottom a Christmas present," Liesl said.

"Are you dating her now? Mummy was right, Huffles are sluts. She's the same age as me, you know. I just hope you do know what you're doing 'cause I caught her hexing a Gryffie the other day and she's a vicious little runt."

"If you're just stringing her along, she might hex you. Or maybe her dad would cut your head off with Gryffindor's sword. He's probably dying to do it already."
Liesl Dolohov
Liesl Dolohov
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Andrei chuckled at her words. Sure it was a bit strange to hear that he stopped by the Longbottom's house and gave Alice a present. Alright, maybe it was very strange. But to assume their dating? Now that was something too radical. "Do I look like I'm dating Alice Longbottom?", he asked with another chuckle on his lips, sarcastically of course. "No I'm not dating her", he finally said shaking his head.

"Don't pay attention to mummy, she said that to me about Ravenclaws as well", he said laughing. Her comment about Alice's age struck him. Of course he knew she was fourteen, but why on earth did that matter. "So? I know her age, don't see how that matters at all. As you said, you're the same age as her. Are you calling yourself too you?", Andrei asked. "I'm sure you've experienced older, dear sister", he said teasing her.

It was weird in fact that he didn't real hear about any rumors of her sister and any guy getting about. Which pleased him of course, because just the though of it was revolting and very angering. Even though he loved to annoy the hell out of her, he was protective of his little sister. "Hex me? Oh she's harmless as a puppy. Her dad on the other hand - well I'll be sure not to cross the line with him."
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top