Examination 1: Practical Use of Conjuration and Transformation
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Examination 1: Practical Use of Conjuration and Transformation Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Examination 1: Practical Use of Conjuration and Transformation

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Examination 1: Practical Use of Conjuration and Transformation Empty Examination 1: Practical Use of Conjuration and Transformation

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:07 am

In order to make transfiguration more interesting, we're going to have a maze where you will have to use the knowledge you've gained from the first two lessons (Conjuration and Transformation.) Here are the details:

First, you will not be able to use any spells, only transfiguration.

You will grab a one way portkey which will transport you to an underground maze (say, Hogwarts dungeons or whatever.) You, and your partner, will arrive in a circular area with very dim lighting, and with five paths in front of you. The maze is very dark, but there are torches in the first room, though you will have to light them with conjuration.

The goal is to get through the maze. The paths branch out to more paths and intertwine and many times you might end up in the first room. A smart thing to do would be to use conjuration to mark where you have already been. There are a few obstacles you have to get past, feel free to create them (wall of fire, etc.)

Eventually you will end up at a silver gate, which will only open with a silver key. The silver key is visible PAST the gate. So in order to get to it, you need to pass the gate, but in order to pass the gate, you need the key. Use conjuration or transformation to get the key.

The silver gate leads to a large room with a platform in the middle. The platform is surrounded by a two meter long gap. The portkey back is on the platform, but how do you cross to the gap to reach it?

The whole point of this is to get you guys to roleplay with the partners, so...
These are the pairs. Generally same house/opposite gender when possible.

Amelia Macmillan - Zandell Dawlish
Alice Longbottom - Derry Flanegan
Sean Wilson - Cecilie Montez
Alexander Kaverin - Marguerite de Lancret
Avis Summers - Hitame Higurashi
Asuna Mitchell - Serge Hunter
Theodora Crewe

You will each have your own thread Very Happy

Any other active students out there post here!

Last edited by Kingsley Shacklebolt on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Examination 1: Practical Use of Conjuration and Transformation Empty Re: Examination 1: Practical Use of Conjuration and Transformation

Post by Sean Wilson Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:23 am

Hi. I'm active, but my character was only just approved so how would you like me to do this?
Sean Wilson
Sean Wilson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1896

http://thehunt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Examination 1: Practical Use of Conjuration and Transformation Empty Re: Examination 1: Practical Use of Conjuration and Transformation

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:54 am

Theodora Crewe will be active now, I promise.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrei Dolohov Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm active as well! Just made my character so didn't have a chance to attend any class yet.
Andrei Dolohov
Andrei Dolohov
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:56 pm

yes, Sean, you may.
Alright. I'll wait another day to see if any other chracters would like to participate.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:53 pm

Saoirse was put into the graveyard due to inactivity and no plot progression. Marguerite will be available, though.
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by Percy Weasley Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:23 am

Cassie is reactivated
Percy Weasley
Percy Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:52 pm

This starts today guys!
I'll update the list now.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Post by Clara Cadwallader Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:13 pm

Lately I'm more active with Clara than Cecilie.
Clara Cadwallader

Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:17 pm

alright, since several of the above characters are no longer active I'll just create the threads now.
I've started one, the others will start soon
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top