A secret worth knowing
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A secret worth knowing Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A secret worth knowing

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A secret worth knowing Empty A secret worth knowing

Post by Juliet Valentine Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:10 am

Juliets mother, Courtney, had traveled into the wizarding world many times before, although today was for a special reason. She was to tell the boy about the arranged marriage to her daughter, Juliet, although she wasn't a pureblood, she still felt the need to have a traditional arranged marriage for her only child. She had known the boys parents for years now it seemed. Since her Jules was only a year or so old. Courtney had called his parents earlier, to discuss this. The wedding would still be on, and today she would tell him. Jayden. A ravenclaw. Odd it seemed to match with a slytherin. But it didn't matter, they were to be married. Courtney sat at a cafe, waiting for him, tapping her finger impatiently, where was that boy? What was taking him so long. As she sat there she wondered how he would take it, did he have a girlfriend? Although she knew it wouldn't matter, he would marry her daughter. She sighed and tapped her foot loudly, looking out the door. "c'mon jayden..." she said under her breath, rolling her eyes.
Juliet Valentine
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 105

Back to top Go down

A secret worth knowing Empty Re: A secret worth knowing

Post by Kaiden Poliakoff Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:34 am

Jayden was confused. He received an owl from his parents telling him to meet Juliet's mother in a cafe in Hogsmeade. He wondered what it was about, and why he was meeting Juliet's mum there. It was odd, what did she need to tell him? Jayden kept asking himself these questions over and over as he made his way from the castle to Hogsmeade. His mum hadn't been any help either. He'd asked her plenty of times what was going on, but she wouldn't answer him, and his dad was just an idiot about it all. He made up dumb riddles about it and Jayden hadn't been bothered to try and answer them. The best solution was to just go there and talk to Juliet's mum. He entered the cafe and immediately saw her, so he approached the woman. "Ms. Valentine?" he asked, just to be sure.
Kaiden Poliakoff
Kaiden Poliakoff
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 418

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliet Valentine Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:43 am

Courtney heard him before she saw him, she looked up, seeing him standing there. "Yes? Jayden?" She asked, a smile playing on her lips. "Nice to meet you...again. I haven't seen you since you were about a year or so old." She stood, smiling warmly at him, although she hadn't really felt like smiling at him. "So, I'm guessing you're wondering why I asked you to come here. Why you're parents did too....I have some things to...discuss with you about Juliet." Her smile quickly disappeared as she looked at him. "Do you think she's a half blood? Or a pureblood. Considering she's best friends with that pureblood Slytherin girl, Danielle I believe?" She shrugged, not caring who her daughter was friends with, well, rather she didn't care who it was as long as they weren't a pureblood deatheater. She didn't enjoy that. Nor did she ever really support Danielle's friendship with her pride and joy of a daughter. Her only daughter too. "My daughter is well...she might not be what you expected."
Juliet Valentine
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiden Poliakoff Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Haven't seen him since he was a year old? ... Up until now he didn't even know that Juliet's family knew his. Although, it would explain why his parents were always mentioning the girl, even if he didn't understand why. Especially, since they had practically made it their mission to keep him away from almost all other kids besides his sister. That didn't mean that he didn't know who the other kids were though, like Katarina Rookwood and her brother Kendall. Or Gisele and Julien Delacour, the two Mulciber kids, one of which was Juliet's best friend, even the Potter and Weasley kids. Jayden never really interacted with any of them though, except Kat and Juliet pretty much.

"I was actually. It was pretty out of the blue." he said, when she said that he was probably wondering why she wanted to talk to him. Anyone would be curious though, if they were in his shoes right now. It was a natural thing to be curious when someone just randomly wanted to talk to you. "Juliet?" he raised an eyebrow. "What about her?" he asked. Jayden frowned slightly when her smile disappeared and he leaned back in his seat. "Well, since the Mulciber kids aren't exactly allowed to have friends that aren't Pureblood, I would say that Juliet is a Pureblood as well." he said cautiously. Now he was really curious as to what blood status had to do with anything. "What do you mean, 'not what I expected'?" he asked.
Kaiden Poliakoff
Kaiden Poliakoff
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliet Valentine Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:27 pm

"Well, Juliet Father died when she was young, she misses him I'm sure. She's well, her father was a muggle." Juliet's mother was cationous with her words, not aware of how they would affect the boy. "She's only a halfblood." Juliet's mother looked down at her feet, unaware of his reaction. She felt her daughter would be ashamed of her muggle half. Or so she thought. "And yes, I've--our families have known each other for years now. And when you and Jules were younger, your parents and I, well, you're arranged to marry my daughter." Courtney stood, looking at him slowly. "I'm not sure what you'll make of it, but I suggest you get to know her, this wedding will happen, even if you don't want it to. You nor her have any choice in this."

Courtney continued to look at him. "And if you hurt my daughter in ANY way, you'll regret it. Understand? She's all I have left." Courtney glanced at him once more before looking down. "Keep an eye on her at least, I don't ... support her friendship with the Mulcibers. Especially Danielle." She sighed softly and looked away. "Congrats to you." Was all she mumbled, before brushing past him and leaving the Cafe, hopefully Juliet would be alright with the arrangement. And hopefully it would break her friendship with the Mulciber girl up. Juliet would soon arrive to the cafe, or at least Jayden would talk to her about it.
Juliet Valentine
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiden Poliakoff Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Jayden looked at Juliet's mum, taking in her words carefully. Okay ... so Juliet wasn't a Pureblood ... what did that have to do with him? "Hold on. Danielle would know this wouldn't she?" he asked her after she said that Juliet was a halfblood. "They are best friends, I'm sure Juliet wouldn't have kept this from her. Either that or Danielle found out by herself." he added. That wasn't something that was easy to hide from your best friend, he thought. They knew everything about you, and he was sure that Danielle somehow knew about Juliet being a Halfblood. "But what does that -" he stopped as he heard her next sentence. Jayden stood up quickly along with Courtney. "I'm what?" he asked, nearly screaming.

"But -" he was stopped again by what she said next and he swallowed hard. Neither of them had any choice in what was going to happen? Jayden looked down at the floor and he shook his head. "That can't be true. My parents wouldn't have agreed, they don't even like arranged marriages!" he said. In case you couldn't tell, Jayden was freaking out about the news, he was sure that his parents wouldn't have done that to him, chosen who he would be marrying for him. Especially since he was not exactly the most social person around. That was probably why they'd agreed. Damn it. he though, silently curing at himself for being the way he was. If he actually made an attempt to meet new people on his own, then maybe this wouldn't be happening right now.

He listened to the last things she said before she left, but he didn't even bother to answer her. He just stood there, his gaze on the floor. After she left, Jayden sank down in the chair where he'd been seated before and he sighed, rubbing his face with his hands. Was he supposed to tell Juliet now? Or did she already know?
Kaiden Poliakoff
Kaiden Poliakoff
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliet Valentine Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Juliet walked slowly to the cafe, unaware of why her mother would even want her to be there, she took her time, kicking a stone along the way, smiling and humming. She had missed her mother and hadn't seen her for a while, so she was, in a way, happy. Her hands grazed the handle of the door as she pulled on it, hearing a small ring of a bell when she walked in, she looked around, spotting Jayden, but not her mother. "Hey---" She stopped suddenly, her breathe and voice caught in her throat. She wasn't normally like this, but something was different...wrong even with him. "You okay?" She asked him, her hand lightly touching his shoulder.

"Jayden?" She asked softly, her eyes trying to look into his, something she normally avoided, but she knew something was up, her mother told Juliet to meet her there, not Jayden, and here Jayden was, where her mother should be, which shocked her. "Jay--" She stopped again and stepped back, looking around once more, looking at the ladies room, maybe she was in there? no, she wouldn't be in there. She had a slight feeling if Jayden was like this it was her mother's fault.

(ooc- sorry D: it's a bit...weird.)
Juliet Valentine
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiden Poliakoff Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Jayden honestly didn't know what he was supposed to do anymore. He needed to ask his parents about this. But at the same time he didn't want to ... he was afraid that they would tell him that it was true. That he was supposed to marry a girl that up to this point he hadn't even known. He hadn't known that Juliet's mother knew his parents, he hadn't even know who the girl was until he talked to her in the library. Now he just finds out that he's going to be married to her, and somehow everyone excepts him to be okay with that?! He couldn't. He was supposed to be making those decisions not his parents.

Obviously though, they didn't care about what he wanted. His parents probably didn't think that he had it in him to find someone he liked on his own. And in all honesty, though he liked Juliet, he didn't like her like that. She was a good friend, that was it. But now he was going to be forced to marry her. And now as he thought about this, he was pretty sure that she didn't even know about this either. That meant that he would have to tell her.

As if on cue, Juliet appeared and approached him, placing her hand on his shoulder. He jumped slightly as she did that and he hid his face from her so that she couldn't see it. "I'm fine." he said somewhat coldly, though he hadn't meant too. He lifted his gaze slightly to see her looking around, probably for her mum. "If you're looking for your mum she isn't here. She just left." he said softly, before looking back down.
Kaiden Poliakoff
Kaiden Poliakoff
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliet Valentine Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Juliet Heard the coldness in his tone, her lips curved down, and she looked down along with it. "oh...alright.." She said softly. She didn't know what to do now, she wasn't sure if she should talk to Jayden, or to go look for her mother, why was he acting so weird, so distant. So .. Icy towards her. She didn't know what to do, she sat down, and cradled her head in her arms, her head aching from confusion. "Jayden, what did my mother say?" She asked, her voice slightly muffled by her arm. Juliet sniffled softly, curling her fingers into her palm, and creating fists.

Yes, her mother did say something to him, was it to end their non-exsistant friendship? Or did she tell him about her being a halfblood. She knew it was too good to be true, only Dani knew about that. She knew this would happen. Jules stood up quickly, feeling faint headed for a moment, looking at Jayden. "What did my mother say to you Jayden?" She asked, her voice stern, cold, weak, but barely there. "I know she said something to you, now what was it?"
Juliet Valentine
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiden Poliakoff Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Jayden hadn't meant to sound so cold towards her. Juliet wasn't at fault here, it wasn't either of their faults. Their parents had decided this for them, and htey didn't have any choice but too accept it, even if they didn't want to. And Jayden really didn't want too. He wasn't sure how he was supposed to explain all of this to Juliet, and how to hide the fact that he really didn't want to marry her. He didn't want her to feel bad either. Jayden quickly rubbed his eyes before looking at Juliet when she asked what her mum had told him.

He hesitated in answering her though. The boy wasn't sure how she was going to react to what her mum had told him. She continued to ask him though, and he hid his face slightly to keep her from seeing that he was getting annoyed. His hands went up to his ears slightly, trying to block her out. But he couldn't and when she asked what it was, he finally lowered his hands and stood up. "I know what you are!" he screamed at her. He hadn't meant to say that, he was going to tell her about the engagement. Before he could stop himself though, Jayden turned around and ran out of the cafe.
Kaiden Poliakoff
Kaiden Poliakoff
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top