If You Dare To Speak
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

If You Dare To Speak Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

If You Dare To Speak

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If You Dare To Speak Empty If You Dare To Speak

Post by Amelia Macmillan Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:59 pm

Amelia was partially glad everyone was staying away from her. She liked being left alone for once. The Hufflepuff Common Room, the final hiding place. But then again her she had very little Hufflepuff friends. She found it was less drama to have friends in different houses. She just curled up into a ball and sat there staring at the air. She would have been sobbing if she could have mustered up tears.

Part of her was wishing someone would talk to her. Part of her wanted to talk. But who would talk to her? She didn’t really care who. Deep down it saddened her that none of the Hufflepuff students had talked to her. Weren’t Hufflepuffs supposed to be like family? And wasn’t family supposed to be there forever and always? That’s when she started to cry again, she didn’t even know she had anymore tears. The tears only made her bitter because she still couldn’t feel sadness.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

If You Dare To Speak Empty Re: If You Dare To Speak

Post by Alexander Jones Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:10 pm

Alex wasn't particularly happy that day, like he always was. That day, that very day, was the day he had managed to get his brother killed, in the month October, he had done the single most stupidest thing any person could do. He had gone on one of his cases, his brother followed him, and when he caught the killer, the killer had been armed, and shot at his brother, Alex had been ready to jump in front of his brother, but his brother had jumped in front of him. Even with that day, he had done Quidditch, and that week hadn't been his best. His head was ready to burst, and he would go on a punching spree. But luckily, learning around the world, had taught him to have more discipline, which was good considering his position.

Alex had on his Quidditch uniform, and his captain's armband, with his yellow robe/cape with the number 10, and Jones in the back, as he tiredly walking up the stairs, as he fell in front of the door, then tiredly pushing his arms up, so he could stand up. Then he walked over to the door of the Hufflepuff Common Room. As he dropped his bag, and was ready to call it a night, he looked at a certain friend of his crying in the Hufflepuff Common room. He walked over to see Amelia crying. Some people passed by and looking at her, It made Alex somewhat angry, that no one was comforting her. "Hey, hey, hey." Alex said in a comforting voice, walking by her, putting both his hands on her cheeks, and bringing her closer to him. "What's going on, Amelia?"
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:12 pm

Amelia nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard a voice. She was so use to living in silence the past couple of days that even the slightest words spooked her. She was glad no one had yelled in her ear otherwise she might end up hexing someone. It was a good thing she couldn’t do wandless magic and didn’t have the energy to reach for her wand.

“You haven’t heard? I think most of the school knows by now,” she said barely over a whisper. She recognized her friend right away but that’s all that would come out of her mouth. She wanted to pull away from Alex was but forced herself not to. She hadn’t had much interaction with people in the past few days. The only person she had talked to was Drew; she was trying to keep it together for him.

She could tell Alex had come from Quidditch. Last year she would have tried out but this year she didn’t. She was terrified of flying since she got in that stupid broom accident. That reminded her she hadn’t any strange astral project stuff lately but that brought back the fact it was Edgar who had caused that accident. She silently cursed as her brother haunted her thoughts again.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Alex looked at the tears in Amelia's face, Alex got his sleeve, and wiped the tears off of Amelia's face, as he held her close. Then he listened, he remembered what Amelia was talking about, her brother had died. Apparently he had been so busy he had forgotten to talk to her. He had heard about it, and the fact that him being a seer, gave him a weird feeling. He remembered he had put on his list of things to do was comfort Amelia, as Alex pretty much knew, he was the only who could really comfort her right now. And he didn't want what happened to him, to happen to her. His brother had died, and his sister had blamed him for everything. And they had gone YEARS without talking, even when they lived in the same house. And also, Alex had spent that time traveling more around the world.

He looked into Amelia's eyes, noticing how pretty they where, but showed that off for a bit. "Yeah, I did hear. I'm so sorry." Alex said, he also knew Amelia had a younger brother. And for her brothers sake, Alex hoped Amelia would be strong for her little brother. Because Alex's sister hadn't been for him. And Alex somewhat resented her for that. He put his arms around Amelia, in a comforting way. "Even though this may seem like the end of the world, trust me, it'll get better." He said.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:20 pm

“You do know I could have stopped it. I knew it was going to happen and I did nothing about it. If I had just told someone Claire and Edgar would be alive and I wouldn’t have to wonder how I’m ever going to tell Edgar’s child what happened to Edgar,” Amelia said her voice a bit louder. Part of her wanted to run away at the mere touch of another human being but she forced herself not to just because it was Alex. She didn’t want him to think she was pushing him away, she already had accidently pushed away a lot of people she didn’t want to lose Alex too.

“I never believed it was the end of the world, with how my mother’s side of the family is that thought would have never crossed my mind. If you had ever met my mother you would understand. I know it will get better but I wish the dreams and flashbacks would stop now not years from now,” she added. She knew she was back to feeling angry again, but what was she angry at? She guessed feeling angry was better than feeling nothing. "Sometimes it seems like the only thing I feel is numb or angry," she added coldly.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Alex listened looking at Amelia, unlike other guys, he did listen to the girls. When he was angry, or needed to get his feelings out, he'd want someone to listen to him. So he listened to the girls, as a psychiatrist or a therapist. So while she talked, he could feel the feelings he felt when his brother died. "I could have stopped my brothers death, the killer was shooting at both of us, I was about to jump in the way, but my legs went numb, and my brother jumped in front of me instead. Imagine that, a ten year old jumping in front of his brother to save him." Alex said, sighing. Alex could tell he was making Amelia uncomfortable, he loosened his grip, just to see if she wanted him to hold her, or if she was okay with the grip loosened.

Alex kept on listening, "Well I mean, not exactly the end of the word but you know what I mean. I was super depressed when my brother died, and I made some bad choice. I did drugs, addicted to the pain killers. I know how it feels to loose someone like that. My sister blamed me for the death of my brother, she was angry. I destroyed everything In sight, I did anything to take the pain away. I don't want that to happen to you." Alex said, hoping that Amelia wouldn't be angry with what he said, and with what he wanted to do, which was kiss her, but decided not to do that.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:56 am

Amelia listened to Alex intently. She found if she listened to him her mind didn’t drift off into that night. She felt bad for being co cold to him instantly; he was just trying to help. Why was it she pushed away every guy she got close to? It took her a moment to realize that it wasn’t Edgar’s and Claire’s death that caused her to push any guy away from her it was her parents’ twisted relationship, she was scared of falling in love with someone just like her father.

She teared up but not from anything that was haunting her but she felt bad for Alex. She had no idea what he had gone through. Why hadn’t she asked before? She didn’t know why but she just knew that would be impossible to figure out. She reached out to pull him back closer. She admitted to herself she liked Alex being so close and she knew from the bottom of her heart that he wasn’t anything like her father. “He must have been like you,” she said thinking back on how he had saved her this summer. She would have never gotten out of there on her own.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:58 pm

Alex looked at Amelia, his heart pounding. He had recently admitted to himself that he was in love with Teddy Crewe, but now, he was rethinking it as he looked into Amelia's eyes. As her eyes started to tear up, he pulled up his sleeve and wiped her tears. Still with his loose grip on Amelia, she started to grip him. Alex was surprised, though he didn't show it on his face. Which was weird, that he could always show emotion, but at certain points he couldn't. But it wasn't surprising, he had spent a lot of time traveling around the world, learning things lots of people didn't have the privilege to know. He learned Martial Arts, Parkour, Spear throwing, archery, stopping his heart temporarily, well not really, it was just slowing down his heart beat, really slow. Then he also learned not to show emotion, though Alex thought it wasn't healthy, it was what you needed to do.

Alex was holding back tears, as he was under the impression that 'A dude should never cry.' And once he was able to hold them back, he looked at Amelia, then listened about what she said about his brother. "Yeah.... I was his idol." Alex said, remembering the image of his little brother wanting to follow him everywhere, and copying everything he did. He looked at Amelia, "My sister wasn't strong for me when he died. She hated me, and with her unfairness, I started to dislike her. I can't say hate, because I still love her with all my heart, even if she doesn't love me." Alex said. Alex's eyes met with Amelia's, then he looked at her. "Just like I would for you...." Alex said, then he leaned in, until their lips met, his arms lowered to her waist, as he pulled her in closer for a deep kiss.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:53 pm

Amelia eyes were trained on Alex. She couldn’t explain what she was feeling. She had never cared about someone else’s feelings like this. She had never let anyone get this close besides her family and sometimes even them. Her whole life was based off the idea she didn’t need anyone’s help but she’s starting to realize that isn’t possible.

Alex’s sister reminded her of Claire a bit. Claire hadn’t always been the best sister but she was nowhere near Alex’s sister was. Claire really softened up after the broom accident. It took her for Amelia to nearly die to be like a sister but at least they had a few months of a real sister relationship.

Amelia froze as she felt Alex’s lips on hers and his arms sliding down her waist. Her heart went from rapidly pounding to her normal soft gentle heartbeats. After a few seconds of her heartbeat slowing she eyes opened. She couldn’t believe this was happening. What was this fluttery feeling in her stomach? She found enough courage to kiss back. She didn’t know what she was doing but it felt right.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top