Long Time No See
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Long Time No See Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Long Time No See

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Long Time No See Empty Long Time No See

Post by Ashley D'Eath Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:47 am

Ashley walked into the bistro/bakery, with a now relieved longing expression on her face. Even though Diagon Alley had many bad memories, it still felt good for her to come to a place she used to go when she was a teenager. As she sat down, she looked over and saw her fathers shop and looked away. Now that place had bad memories but she didn't want to contemplate on that at this moment. She just wanted to have a tea and some cake.
The waitress came over and took the order and after a few minutes came out with the food and drink. As she sipped her tea, she went back to the thoughts about her family. She hadn't seen or talked to her father or any of her siblings. She didn't even think they knew she was back and they probably didn't care but then again, neither did she. She remembered the day she told her father to go away and leave her alone and she smiled. What good memories!
Ashley D'Eath
Ashley D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Long Time No See Empty Re: Long Time No See

Post by Milo Dorsey D'eath Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Milo strolled down Diagon Alley, money in his pocket, the sun of his back, and a smile on his face. For the most hated sibling in the d'Eath family, he was a chipper fellow. He had just succeeded in the conquest of yet another one night stand and had even found a friend from it. The woman, Martha Carey, was an absolute doll. They didn't have plans for continuing the relation, but they did have plans for coffee. He was going to help her edit the book she was writing.

So now Milo was strolling about, looking for another means to entertain himself. As he passed store windows, he looked inside, so as to catch his own good-looking reflection, and to observe the customers and consumers inside. In one of these buildings, was the next girl he would be spending an evening with. He just needed to find one that needed his company.

And he did, but not the kind he thought he would.

He stopped outside of Sparks, because the woman was unmistakably his half sister, only six years older than he had last seen her. She had a window seat so he approached it, knocking on the window and mouthing, "Ashley?!"
Milo Dorsey D'eath

Number of posts : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley D'Eath Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:11 am

Ashley jumped up when she heard knocking next to her, for it gave her an awful fright. When she looked to the left, she saw a familiar face that was undoubtedly her older brother Milo. He was knocking on the window, mouthing Ashley. She waved and gave him the signal to come inside so they could chat some more.

She hadnt seen him since she was 16 years old. That was when he became the outcast and was blackballed from the family. He may have been daddys golden boy growing up and she resented him for that but he was the only one who knew how she felt. To be looked on as scum by the all mighty faces of the D'Eaths. Except she didnt know why. Why was she looked upon as dirt growing up? Thats why she's back, shes here to find out.

She opened the seat next to her so her brother could sit down when he came in and she wondered what she'd missed in the last 4 years.
Ashley D'Eath
Ashley D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Milo Dorsey D'eath Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:57 pm

She motioned him in and he nodded, backtracking and slipping through the door. The hostess immediately accosted him and he said, "No, it's alright, I'm meeting up with my sister." She stared him down, not sure if, between his long coat, purple sneakers, and mischievous grin, that he belonged inside the calm, classy bistro.

He put on a charming grin and said, "If I could stay here and talk to you all day, boy, I'd be tempted." The hostess blushed and he said, "But that woman over these is my sister, and I haven't seen her in six years." "oooh," the woman clucked and she moved aside for him to enter the dining area.

Milo skipped over to his sister's table and planted a kiss on the top of her head before sitting across from her. "It's been much too long Ashley! How are you?!"
Milo Dorsey D'eath

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley D'Eath Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:22 pm

Ashley laughed under her breath when Milo started flirting with the waitress. Same old Milo she thought. Then he came over, kissed her on her head, sat down and said "It's been much too long Ashley! How are you?!"
After taking a sip of her tea, she replied " I know its been way too long. I'm fine thanks and before you ask - this was a spur of the moment thing. I wanted a change of scene and I'm not getting any younger so I got a job at the ministry as a secretary and I'm moving in to my own apartment. How about you? What job are you doing? I'm guessing still no wife as you just flirted with a hostess. ", saying the last bit in a joking voice.
Ashley D'Eath
Ashley D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Milo Dorsey D'eath Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:03 am

Ashley had never been good with secrets, nor had she been one to keep her thoughts private, and Milo was pleased to find that she had not changed. Before he could get a word in edgewise, she had explained pretty much anything he could have possibly inquired after, explaining her presence, job situation, and living situation.

"Seeing as you answered every question I could possibly conjure, leaving no room for me to inquire after you," he said in a glorious preamble, winking at her, "I will not feel the least bit guilty about talking all about myself." He smirked as a waiter approached. "Iced tea and some scones. Thanks."

The waiter scampered off and he set about answering her own inquiries. "Well, no wife, naturally. I prefer freedom. I'm actually a substitute professor at Hogwarts right now, mostly doing Charms. I'm good actually. I just got in town in time to get a job at Hogwarts before term began. I've been at sea. Since I got here, I've been catching up with the family- Alistair, Damien, Damitrius, Lucifer- I think that's it. How's everyone else?"
Milo Dorsey D'eath

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley D'Eath Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:22 am

Ashley laughed at what Milo said about not feeling guilty about talking about himself. It was typical Milo in her head. Always the goofy one that joked around. She listened to everything he said about his life now and most of the stuff he said didnt surprise her one bit. The two bits that did surprise her was the fact that he was now a substitute teacher at Hogwarts since he is always to person who messes about and that he had already seen most of the other siblings.

After he finished, she said " I have only really seen Alexis and you. Most of the younger siblings have gone to Hogwarts and are off doing their own thing that its hard to get in touch with them. So anyways, how the hell did you get a teaching job in Hogwarts? You always messed about and your so goofy. " and she laughed after she said the last bit
Ashley D'Eath
Ashley D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Milo Dorsey D'eath Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:59 pm

She spoke and reminded him of Alexis- how had he not found her yet? He wanted to ask after her, but her attention had focused on his choice in career. He thought back to his first Charms lesson and leaned back, heartily laughing at the memory and the way he knew Ashley would respond. To not find humor in the story of is first adventure as teacher would imply a definite lack of personality.

"Well... They needed people, it's decent work and pay, and I get to watch out for the young d'Eaths. It's been interesting. I received noise complaints from my class- I sort of hand them screaming their answers. But no one was hurt- and we had a nice dance party to kick the class off." He laughed again. "It's actually a pretty decent job, and- I have to say- I am pretty brilliant with kids." He smirked.

The waiter returned with the tea and promised to bring the scones shortly. Milo thanked him and drank his tea, before asking Ashley, "So, how's Alexis? I haven't heard anything about the girl."
Milo Dorsey D'eath

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley D'Eath Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:56 am

"So, how's Alexis? I haven't heard anything about the girl."
Ashley remembered back to when she met Alexis for the first time in years and it made her quite sad as unlike the carefree, funny convo she was having with Milo - they had a very serious conversation. She replied "Oh, she's fine. She's got that cafe up the street and she seems okay but she isnt the same but anyway, she offered me a place to stay till I got myself sorted and my own apartment."
Ashley drank a few more sips of her tea than asked Milo " The last news I got from you was from 4 years ago. What have you done in that space of time? "
After she answered the question, she wondered what kind of things he would be doing - he had said he's been at sea but there must of been other things he did.
Ashley D'Eath
Ashley D'Eath
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Milo Dorsey D'eath Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:12 am

"The cafe? No way. Right on, good for her. It's good to see a d'Eath has done more than pillage and money grub. And now I know where I may corner her! Mua ha ha!" he said, playing but a fake maniacal laugh as he tossed his head back and tapped his fingertips together, gaining the awkward stares of the surrounding neighbors. He dropped his hands and looked back up. "That's good of her to offer you a place. Ask if she has room for three." He laughed. "I kid."

The waiter delivered his iced tea and he drank before he embarked on his tail. He remembered managing to send Ashley a letter a few years into his tour of the world, so she had gotten word of his being alive and well- that had been all he had time and money to send. He sighed. "Been sailing. I boarded a private boat- fishing and shipping. Been everywhere- Rome, Singapore, Maine, Australia, well everywhere." He laughed. "It's been really nice- being out, being free." His scones arrived and he looked up. "Thank you."
Milo Dorsey D'eath

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top