Even Vampires Need A Break - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Even Vampires Need A Break - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Even Vampires Need A Break

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Even Vampires Need A Break - Page 2 Empty Re: Even Vampires Need A Break

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:25 pm

"With marriage it takes two people to make it work, a marriage isn't just one person. If you don't mind me saying I wouldn't have let you go nor would I, let you be the only one working at it. It is good for young children to know their grandparents way sometimes, it helps them understand what they do everyday." Oded smiled as he looked at the boy then looked over at her still smiling. "I don't much like rugby or cricket, I also can't stay on a broom to save my life. My father tried to get me into quidditch but didn't work cause all I could think of was reading."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Susan smiled slightly. She saw her son trip over the ball but didn’t go running to his aid or laugh. After all these years she had learned when to be a mother and when to be a friend. She never used to believe her dad when he told her one day she’d be the good parents Amelia would have been. The truth was Amelia was like a part to Susan more so than an aunt. Every day she missed her Aunt Amelia then she looked to her children and saw her in them. Claire’s laugh, Edgar’s eyes, Drew’s will power and her Amelia was way too much like her for Susan likes at times.

“I was an only child. My father hated the idea of me on a broom. My mum was only able to have me so he got a bit obsessive. I don’t think I would have even known what magic was if it hadn’t been for my aunt. She was more of a parent then my own parents, my parents meant well but they worked their whole lives and never realized what they were missing,” she sighed. She knew she hadn’t made the same mistake. She just hoped her own kids wouldn’t do the same.

Drew tried again to kick the ball and tripped over it. For thirteen he was not very good with foot coordination. She kept letting him try on his own, it was the only. “Drew, you’re trying too hard. Relax some,” she called to him. Soon as he took her advice did finally kick the ball. She adored moments like this, he was only one of her kids that had never talked back to her or yell at her.

“He’s the only one that listens to me anymore. My oldest thinks he’s all grown up because he’s living on his own. My older daughter thinks she’s grown up just because her body is. My younger daughter is going through the intendance stage, we fight so much because she is just like me but she doesn’t see that yet,” Susan said.

{{OC: I've been in the hospital. I'm back now}}
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:52 pm

"How long have you played both the mother role and the father role? From what it sounds like it has been a long time. Does his father see him at all or does he have no part in his life? Well it's good he listens to you but you shouldn't have to do this on your own, I know it must be hard on you sometimes." Oded said shifting slightly on the bench stretching out his legs in front of him. "If you need any help id be glad to give you a hand should you ever need it. I know you might be the type who doesn't like accepting help but I'm offering none the less." Oded looked at her serious wondering if she would accept his help.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:41 am

“Believe it or not it hasn’t been that long. Well, technical speaking but to be honest I think it has easily been fourteen years since I’ve been playing both roles for my kids. My ex hasn’t contacted him or his sister, Amelia, since I left. Claire, still leaves with him for reasons I’ll never understand,” Susan said cold shaking her head slightly, that still stung even know. For Merlin’s sake, she was the one who had given birth to Claire.

Susan was taken back a bit by the offer. It was such a large offer, she would have never imagined anyone would offer such help that she had known for such short of time. It left quite an impression on her. Even friends she had known for years hadn’t offered such help. She knew better then to turn down help. She knew there would be a time when she’d need it. It was hard at times but she had been managing but if something bad happens she isn’t prepared for could she manage on her own.

“If you really want to you can. It would be helpful but I don’t want you to feel like you’re forced and I know that the Leaky Cauldron must take up a lot of your time. I’m smarter than to turn down help when it is offered. Maybe it has something to do with how Hufflepuffs grow-up in the house,” she said with a grateful smile. She was still in shock but could manage to feel respect and gratitude.

((OCC: Sorry for taking so long))
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:22 pm

"I work at night and I get enough sleep as it is and I end up spending most of the day wondering aimlessly through the pub trying to find something to do. I don't mind helping you and I don't feel like I'm being forced to help you. I would love to help you and I don't wear down easily so they can't wear me out. They will be wore out long before me and they'll have fun doing it too I hope. Oh and if you ever need a day away just for yourself let me know. I have a few more days of consrtuction on the place after that I'm done and everything will be in order. It doesn't take up much time and it nearly complete anyway so whenever you want or need me I'm there. Oh here my number or you can send an owl, I put in telephone in my room because in case I need to call in my worker I can." Oded said smiling at her his fangs showing ever so slightly then he quickly hide them from her. "You don't have to worry either I hate the taste of human blood so I get donated blood from the red cross and mix it with either animal blood or whiskey."

(OOC: my turn to be sorry. I was trying to figure out what to say and they baby has been taking up most of my time. I got him to take a nap so I was able to post for ya.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:29 pm

“Well, thank you very much. Here is my number, we also have a muggle phone and don’t worry I can actually use it. You can also send an owl, I live in Bristol so you might want to set it up so I don’t have an owl coming in the mid-day there are still a few muggles in Bristol,” Susan said taking the number from Oded.

Susan had to admit the fangs were a bit strange to see the first time but she wasn’t going to let that throw her off. She wasn’t really scared just curious. She always had been curious about everything and that never went away. That was one part of her youth that had stayed with her. “I was worried. I am a witch, aren’t I? I can handle myself,” she said with a smile.

((OOC: I haven’t been on much so we are equal))
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:01 am

Oded smiled and said, "Yes I believe you could Miss. Bones and I'm not one who likes to pray on anyone. I would like to know your kids names and ages though, your son would make one heck of a football or soccer player." He watched the boy for a few moments seeing and then a look of saddness crossed his face. He knew he would never have that no matter how much he tried. Vampires couldn't produce children and that's the one thing he regretted with all of his heart, though being a vampire wasn't his decision. Oded admired Susan for raising her children as she has and would give her best mom of the year award if it exsisted. He knew that helping her was the right thing to do and he would take joy in doing it because of one simple fact, he loved kids. "Oh and with the owl I wouldn't send it unless I break my phone by accident. Its happened once but that wasn't entirely my fault for the most part." Oded said chuckling softly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 am

Susan smiled softly. She adored each of her kids no matter how much they fought or cried. She knew in just a second everything could disappear just like that. So she doesn’t take anything for granted. She owed that from her Aunt Amelia’s death all those years ago.

“I have Edgar, he’s seventeen, Gryffindor. He’s nothing like my Uncle Edgar from whom he was named after. Then there is Claire, she’s sixteen, Ravencalw. And of course Amelia, she’s fifteen, she’s a Hufflepuff. I’m guessing you know who she was named after. And last but not least Drew, he’s thirteen, Hufflepuff,” said Susan. She shook her head on how different her kids were from each other.

She chuckled a bit at the phone thing. She had dropped their phone in the sink a few times but yet it still worked. She guessed she was just lucky.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Oded grinned when his cell phone beeped in his pocket, "Oh I'm sorry Susan, its probably my employee trying to get a hold of me." He stood up and he reached into his pocket pulling out his cell phone. He carefully opened the message from Tristan and read it before replying to it then putting it back into his pocket. "I would love to meet all of them whenever you would like me to. They seem like their great kids to have around and I know your probably a great mother." Oded said smiling at her wondering what all her kids react to him. Everyone was different when dealing with vampires and he wondered if they would be scared of him or ask him a million questions like his younger brother. He looked over at her son and wanted to show him a trick he learned when he was little.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:16 am

“I’ll get hold of you. You might to be able to meet all of them at once though since only two live with me,” Susan sighed. It was nearly impossible to get them all together these days. Amelia was becoming so social, Claire was off with her dad and Edgar was off living is own life. She hated the fact her kids were all growing up.

She could tell Oded wanted to go over to Drew who was still kicking the ball around. She couldn’t believe the energy Drew had. She struggled to keep up with him at times. She wondered what she would do if she had a younger child. “You can go talk to him. I don’t mind,” she said.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top