You poor sweet innocent thing
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

You poor sweet innocent thing Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

You poor sweet innocent thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You poor sweet innocent thing Empty You poor sweet innocent thing

Post by Avis Summers Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Avis was directed right at the hospital room where Kayla lay. She stood behind the door, listening carefully and waiting. It seemed that she had no visitors. Indeed, everything was so quiet there that it seemed to her that even her heartbeats echoed in the hallway. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before entering the room.
As she was a visitor, the nurses gave her a white suit and a mask so that she wouldn't cath the strange green rash that was spreading all over the England like a plague. Before she even made it to this hospital room, she had heard many other patients complaining about how bad they felt and some of them even murmured something in their agony that the high temperature caused. Poor souls. Avis knew that the doctors gave their everything to heal them, but as far as she was informed, nothing helped.

Avis'green eyes were fixed on Kayla who lay in bed, all covered in this odd decease. She could see how heavy her breathing was and it made her feel even more sad than she was before. Avis didn't know if her friend was asleep or no, but it didn't matter to her. She sat on the chair near the bed and took out little mug from her bag that she had covered with many things so that it wouldn't get dirty. „I don't know if you'll like it but I added many things in it to make it tastier. This tea should make you feel better. Or work at least as a painkiller,“ she said quietly, placing the mug on the drawer so that Kayla could take it by herself. „I hope that you will get better soon.“

Carefully, she reached out her hand and touched Kayla's hand. Right now she didn't even care if she'd get the infection or no. Actually, that didn't even cross her mind. She stroked her arm with her finger, shivering at the same time when the green rash touched her skin.
Avis Summers
Avis Summers
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

You poor sweet innocent thing Empty Re: You poor sweet innocent thing

Post by Alexander Greengrass Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Kayla Had been awake when a distant friend walked into her room and she tried to smile at the girl without making it look forced or full of pain, “Hi,” she croaked out in a whispered tone. The sick girl watched as the other pulled out a mug of tea, “Thanks,” she murmured. Kayla had been in St. Mungos for almost three days and there hadn’t been any visitors and Ave’s may be the only one she would get before it was too late. “You shouldn’t touch me. You don’t want it.” She said, “It’s horrible.” Her voice trailed off as she spoke turning into an angry cough. She felt like she was dying, and soon she might be.
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post by Avis Summers Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Avis was surprised to see her friend actually awake. She smiled back at her; this time it wasn't forced. She was really glad to see that the girl was able to talk and keep her eyes open. „I don't care,“ she said quietly, gripping her arm around Kayla's. She really didn't. And perhaps the girl already knew it that Avis didn't cherish her life as much as the other's would. And to prove that, she removed her mask and put it away.
„It will be over soon,“ she replied quickly, frowning. „I promise, I will help you to get trough this quickly. See-“ she took the mug into her hands and looked back at Kayla:“I made this for you. It should make you feel better. My grandmother helped me in making this. Yes, she's in England right now, and I trust her. She's a great healer, better than anyone else I've ever known.“ Avis wasn't sure wether she was trying to calm Kayla or herself.

„Here, want to try it? It tastes better when it's hot,“ she reached out her hand. „What are the doctors saying? Did they find anything to make you feel better?“
Avis Summers
Avis Summers
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Greengrass Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:14 am

Kayla nodded slowly reaching out for the mug with a shaking hand. She was determined to take a sip just to make Avis happy. "They don't tell you much around here." she murmured focusing as much energy as she could into getting her hand to stop shaking like an old persons who was suffering from arthritis. Her whole body went limp and her hand fell away from the cup. "I'm sorry." she murmured quietly and tiredly. All her energy was leavening her, and with her last breath she seemed to go to sleep. She hadn't told Avis this but no one had expected her to last much longer when she arrived at St. Mungos. She hadnt wanted to worry the girl but then she went and died in front of her.
Alexander Greengrass
Alexander Greengrass
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post by Avis Summers Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:13 am

When Kayla took her cup, Avis put her hand gently below it so that it would be easier for Kayla to hold. Her hands were shaking like crazy. Even Avis' hands, though shaking alot, looked kind of still compared to Kayla's. „I wish they would...“ she said sadly and quietly. But then again, she was just an intern. All they did was placing their hope upon her, wishing that she'd become a true, powerful healer in St. Mungos.
Suddenly, when Kayla dropped the mug, Avis was lucky enough to catch it, without the tea spilling on the sheets. „That's okay. Here, let me help you,“ she said, but as Kayla didn't react, Avis placed the mug back on the little table and looked at her. Suddenly, her eyes widened. Kayla wasn't breathing anymore. „Kay,“ she said, panic raising in her tone. „Kay!“ Without any warnings, her friend was gone.

„God damn it, Kay!“ she screamed, jumping up from her chair. Still not believing that death had indeed taken her friend, Avis attempted CPR. She had read from somewhere that a person shouldn't give up when a person was „dead“. First pahse was clinical death and in that short period of time, it was possible to bring human back to life. „Help!“ she screamed from the top of her lungs.

Minute later doctors and nurses arrived. They pushed Avis out of the room, and one of them, left to keep an eye on her, forced her to sit down and he didn't allow her to do anything but just sit there and wait. Minutes later the doctor came out and announced that Kayla was dead.
Avis Summers
Avis Summers
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top