A simple day
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A simple day Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A simple day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A simple day Empty A simple day

Post by Talon Marlowe Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Today was a good day.

After trying to find a replacement book for 'Achievements in Charming' for a week, he finally found a replacement one inside Flourish and Blotts. He had been checking up at this store everyday, hoping to find that they were restocked, and it turns out, they had been today. They had received three copies, both pretty pricey, but now he had his own copy of the book, instead of using the bloody one. Hopefully they could get that removed, but it wasn't his problem anymore. He could use this whenever he wanted, and he was damn well happy about it.

He walked out of the popular bookstore, a fresh copy in his hands as he began to thumb through the pages. Every page smelled of leather. They smelled like victory. He closed the book, the air escaping making a slight thumping sound as they closed, and he continued down the streets, not really avoiding people now. Since the school year was over, most people wanted to avoid this place with a firery passion, wanting to go back to their technology in the Muggle world and all that, but Talon didn't really have a choice when it came to getting the book. He needed it to get some extra credit in Charms for the next year, a deal made with the professor. Whatever, he wanted to be an auror and he would damn well be an auror.

He placed the book undearneath his left arm crook and continued down the street, watching the signs of different shops pass by and beyond. All these places didn't catch Talon's eye, he wasn't even hungry this time to really even care about going into a bistro. Maybe he would pick something up for Sabryna while he was here, she did enjoy the key lime pie Sparks made. Ehh, what the hell, he thought to himself it's summer, I can burn off the calories later. He then proceeded towards Sparks, which was around the corner from where he was at the moment.

He opened up the door to the little shop, looking around inside. As usual, the place was pretty back seeing as how it didn't have that much competition. IF being an auror never worked out for Talon, he definitely knew opening at shop at Diagon would net him a steady income. Then again, the alley itself was packed, he didn't know if he'd want that kind of attention. Talon shook his head, steering clear of such thoughts. You're going off trackk he thought to himself as he approached the front, key lime pie in his mind

Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

A simple day Empty Re: A simple day

Post by Avis Summers Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:05 pm

Avis walked the streets with a little paper between her fingers. She looked at it, then checked the names of the stores and walked ahead. She came here in hope to find something suitable to read (about healing, of course), maybe even few potions that she marked up on the list and some good herbs that she could use to make a good, calming tea before going to bed.

While slowly crossing the streets, she realized how nostalgic she had become. This place reminded her of school and how much she wanted to go back there and finish her studies. She wanted to learn something new and every day she swallowed all the information she could from the books. And as her father was muggleborn, she also knew how to use internet and she bookmarked many websites that were filled with that kind of information that she needed. She had even read about the people who had the same dream as she – travel to Africa and become a doctor there – and now, in order to survive it's climat, she prepeared herself with everything. Although her parents didn't like the idea, they preferred her to be as close to them as possible, they agreed to support her with money and that kind of stuff.

Finally, finding the shop that she was looking for, Avis entered it and left ten minutes later, bagpack full of her potions, necessary herbs and the owner even gave her a little book that was filled with dictionary of plants that could calm a person and were perfect for a human who had problems with nerves. „However,“ the owner had warned her:“If you take them too much, you'll poison yourself and even though you won't die, your nerves will be damaged and it will take some time for you to heal.“ With that, the case was solved. Avis had always been careful with such things.

Now, when everything was okay, she realized how hungry she actually was. She forgot to have a breakfast today as she was too fascinated by the thought of returning to Diagon Alley. Looking for a place where to sit down and drink a cup of tea, she soon walked towards the Sparks and entered it. Walking up to the counter, she looked around, curious, wether she'd see any familiar faces in this place or no. And actually, she did. But instead of saying hello or anything, Avis looked away, feeling now nervous again. That happened every time when she met someone from her school. Trying to calm herself down a bit, she looked up at the menu to see what they had to offer her.
Avis Summers
Avis Summers
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:30 pm

Talon looked at the menu they had displayed and took a closer look at it. He was going to order some take out key lime pie for his sister, but he was also interested in some of the foods that offered. They had fish and chips, they certainly sounded good at the moment. Last time he had that was when he had some with Michael and Robert. He wondered if these were especially good. When the lady up front asked him what he wanted, he ordered the fish and chips, excited to see if this tasted better or about the same. He would need to visit the Leaky Cauldron again sometime later.

When he placed his order, Talon walked away from the counter and sat down at a nearby table, one that was vacant. He placed his book on the surface of the table, turning the page to 135, the page he never did get to. Most of the pages were bloody from Sapphire's fall, so he couldn't read some of the smeared words. Looking at the page, it was talking about a protection curse it looked like, something he had never seen before. Supposed to ward off dementors and other nasty creatures. Sounded interesting. It was stated that it was an 'advanced protection procedure' and that only some powerful wizards could handle the full spell. Expecto Patronum the incantation was. Sounded familiar.

Looking up from his books, he noticed another teen at the front desk. She didn't seem familiar, but he could tell she went to Hogwarts. Or at least, he assumed, but what kind of foreign came to Hogwarts that didn't live in England...okay, bad example since Talon was American. He looked back down at his book, reading more about the spell and what it actually did. For some reason, it interested him greatly, and seeing as how it's an advanced spell, it made him wonder if he could pull it off. Maybe if he paid attention more in class and concentrated more, it would work for him.
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Avis Summers Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Now it was Avis' turn to make an order. She looked up at the menu for the last time, realizing that she didn't want anything to eat after all. She had no appetite, but she felt so uncomfortable! Making quick decisions, she ordered herself a cup of hot chocolate with pancakes and ice cream. Yes, nice choice, indeed. Only when the cashier went in the kitchen to make the order for her, Avis also realized how stupid her menu was. She didn't even like hot chocolate and ice cream? Yes, that was acceptable right now, during the hot summer, but what will she do? Throw up after eating it? Nice move, Avis, nice move, was her only sarcastic remark. At least this helped her to calm down a bit. Her hands stopped shaking and she looked around for the last time to see wether there were any free spots to sit.

There weren't. Every table (even the ones in the darkest corners) were filled with customers who enjoyed their meals. Sighing quietly, her brownish green eyes traveled back to her schoolmate. Calm yourself... you are a lion, little voice reminded her. He also seemed not to notice her so, maybe if she'd sit with him behind one table, he'd continue to ignore her? Also, it seemed that he was more interested in book than in a company so that suited her perfectly. I'm not about to sit next to him for an eternity, am I now? she asked herself.

Before she was able to stop herself, Avis walked across the room to the table:“Do you mind if I sit here?“ she asked carefully. „Other tables are... reserved and I don't want to sit next to a stranger,“ Avis added quickly, looking now at ravenclaw student's book instead of his face.
Avis Summers
Avis Summers
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Talon skimmed page after page of his book, trying to make mental notes of what he should be studying next, when he heard a voice in front of him ask if she could sit here. He looked up from his book and saw that it was the teenage girl that had just arrived, looking a little more than shy right now. Judging from how packed the store was when he first walked in, he figured that mustn’t been any other seats available so she decided to sit here. He nodded twice and said “Sure, you can sit here.” She seemed okay personality was, and was even cute. That was always a plus.
He looked back down at his book, continuing to scan through the pages and making small mental notes, his brain starting to feel exhausted. “Fish and chips with key lime pie to go!” he heard the lady from the front shout and set the food on the counter. Talon slosed his book, a small thump audible from the air escaping and he procedded over to the counter. He grabbed his food and dug into his pocket, pulling out the money needed and set it on the counter, taking his food away and back to his seat.
Sitting back down, he grabbed one of the French fries (or chips as the British called it) and took a bite out of it. It wasn’t that bad, but then again, you couldn’t make a perfect French fry. It was also impossible. He set the fry back down and looked up towards the girl who sat there, apparently waiting for her food as well. “My name’s Talon,” he said, deciding to break the ice and keep things from being awkward “May I ask what your name is?” Hopefully things wouldn’t be that awkward, but thankfully he wouldn’t be staying here that long anyway. He only came here for some quick food after all.
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Avis Summers Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:05 am

Avis thanked him quietly and smiled at him, but as fast as her soft smile appeared, it was gone. She took a seat on the opposite side of him. She waited silently for the lady to announce that her breakfast was ready and when she heard that voice, she almost jumped up but only to disappoint herself. It wasn't her turn to get her order yet. Avis took a deep breath and while the young man was gone, she looked at the books cover that he was reading. She couldn't tell anything or suspect nothing by it's cover. For some odd reason she wanted to reach out and take this book and read it by herself, but before she could even raise her hand, the boy returned with his meal. Avis looked down at her hands to see them shaking again.

I wonder... those herbs that I bought and this little book that the owner gave me... Is it possible to create poison from some of them? I guess so – otherwise he wouldn't warn me, would he? But how? My grandmother obviously knows how to make some. But she lives too far away... And I highly doupt that she'd allow me to use some of her medical books and lab to create something that might not end well... I guess she's more careful with those things now, I remember her hiding every bottle of potion when I visit her. She's still afraid that I might commit suicide, but I'm curious... Maybe if I ask her politely, she'll help and teach me some things? Yes! I will send her a letter today! Then, with the poison- she was cut off by the lady who announced that her order is ready. Avis shivered before standing up and walking over to the counter. She left the money there and returned to the table with her breakfast.

Hot chocolate wasn't exactly her favourite drink but when she took her first sip from it, she realized only now how good it was. It warmed her from the inside and made her feel better. It even helped her to forget her odd and miserable thoughts. „Avis,“ she answered quietly. With the hot chocolate came her courage back (or at least that courage that she had in her) and she dared to look up at him. It would've been odd tosay that she already knew who he was. She wasn't blind – she noticed (almost) everything and everyone at Hogwarts and at the same time she was able to keep herself invisible for the others. That suited her perfectly. „Oh... err, how rude of me... Um, bon appetit!“
Avis Summers
Avis Summers
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:33 am

[Sorry for the delay, never saw notification >.<]

Talon chuckled at the remark and said "Thanks," Hopefully he could say something more in the coming time, but he was more interested in his food before him. Even though Talon could be a friendly individual at times, it didn't mean he'd have to be like that 24/7. Sometimes he'd just like to be alone, but somehow that almost seemed impossible these days, a new person running into him somehow everyday. Come to think of it he thought to himself I've been running into someone new everyday... Didn't seem like much to anybody else really, but to him, that was astounding. He really was crawling back out of his shell.

Talon grabbed his fish again and took a bite out of it, leaving a large semicircle on the part he bit off of. He put his book back onto the table, turning it slightly sideways next to his plate and began to flip pages. He wanted to learn more about that Patronus charm, the entire idea of it sounded really interesting. He scanned each page a little, mostly trying to find anything else that sounded interesting, and he stopped on a page that described a little more about Patronus. Mostly basic stuff, like how to pronounce the incantation and a picture to show what it looked like, but something else on that page caught his eye. It said you had to think of the happiest memory you could think off. Why would you need to do that?

[sorry about crappy post btw, couldn't think of anything else xD]
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top