Chase, chase, chase me all you want, I'll keep running
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Chase, chase, chase me all you want, I'll keep running Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Chase, chase, chase me all you want, I'll keep running

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chase, chase, chase me all you want, I'll keep running Empty Chase, chase, chase me all you want, I'll keep running

Post by Freyja Podmore Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:03 pm

A small bead of sweat ran down her face as she ran for her life, pushing the branches that appeared out of her way as she ran through the trees. She heard the snapping of twigs under her feet as she passed over them, and she felt that her legs were starting to give out from all the running she'd been doing. Still, she kept running, barely able to see the path in front of her anymore, the only light that she had right now was the light from the moon that was shining down on the forest. She hadn't even thought about taking her wand out from the fear of dropping her guard.

Yumi wondered how this even happened. One minute she'd been in town, going home after working the entire day, for the first time, in St. Mungo's and now she was running for her life in the forest. The girl wasn't even sure if she was being chased anymore, but she was didn't want to take the risk of stopping and looking, for all she knew the moment she stopped she would be attacked and possibly killed. No, she couldn't stop and allow anything like that to happen.

So she kept running and running, until her legs finally began to give out and she started to slow down. Gasping for air, Yumi continued to try and run, she didn't want to stop and let herself become a meal for someone.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 574

Back to top Go down

Chase, chase, chase me all you want, I'll keep running Empty Re: Chase, chase, chase me all you want, I'll keep running

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:16 pm

Naomi was anxious. Thing with the stupid girl had not gone perfectly as planned. She had hoped for a snack for herself and Alexis, but now Naomi needed to go off on her own. She took to the city, sticking to alleys until she had found prey. It was just a matter of getting the girl running through alleys and back roads- and the girl had done just that, carefully protecting Naomi from the eyes of everyone or anyone that might be out and about in the dark of the night.

Now they were in Naomi's home. In the forest, this girl was as good as hers. Something about her, though, smelled of potential. She was probably expendable, but Naomi could decide that later. She sensed this chase would be endless, so she angled in a wide arc and ran parallel to the girl, twenty feet off. She picked up her speed, shooting past her.

After a little while, she angled and then wheeled around, waiting. In no time, the girl came running towards her and Naomi just waited for her to figure out the mistake.
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Number of posts : 392

Back to top Go down

Chase, chase, chase me all you want, I'll keep running Empty Re: Chase, chase, chase me all you want, I'll keep running

Post by Freyja Podmore Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Yumi finally decided to let herself look back to see if the wolf was still chasing her. As she turned her head to check, her pace slowed as she realized that there was no one behind her. Feeling relieved she turned herself around completely and searched the area behind her. Nothing. There was no one there, but then how come she didn't feel all that safe? Her eyes began to dart around again, and she hesitated for a moment before she began to turn around again to start to run.

As she turned though, she realized why she still had a feeling of insecurity. Her gaze fell on the wolf that she'd been running away from and her eyes widened. Damn it. she thought as she took a step back, and she tripped on the root of a tree that had begun to come up out the ground. As she fell, her eyes never left the wolf and Yumi began to push herself away from the wolf, still on the ground and trying to reach for her wand.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Aw, this was working out beautifully. The girl backed away from Naomi and Naomi could taste the fear. She tipped back her head and howled with pleasure, and the girl tripped over a root, sprawling backwards into the dirt. Naomi cut off her howl and lowered herself to the ground, crouching low, her haunches tense with anticipation.

And then she sprung forward, her limbs moving powerfully and nimbly. She pushed off of a rock and flew through the air, her jaws open wide, aimed for the girl's shoulder.
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:10 pm

I'm going to die. Her mind said immediately but she shook her head. She couldn't let herself be killed now. She wouldn't. No! I'm not going to let it end here. she thought and her hand finally found her wand in her back pocket. She pulled the wand out and aimed it at the wolf, that had just jumped off the rock where she'd been standing and was now headed straight for her.

Yumi hesitated for a moment as she thought about what spell to cast. Her mind seemed to have gone blank at that precise moment and she swore to herself mentally. Averte Statura She called the spell out quickly in her mind, there was no way she could miss. At least she hoped that she wouldn't miss.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Naomi almost tasted the flesh. It was so close. She had not even considered this girl was capable to fighting back. She was small, slight. But suddenly, a beam of light hit her square in her chest and she let out an involuntary yelp, as she was flung back to the root. Her foot caught and she flopped onto the ground. Ouch. That was going to hurt.

Knowing the girl had abilities intensified Naomi's need to turn her. She could be an asset, even if she was young and slight. Naomi had been. She shook herself, her white fur bristling. She snarled, sending a You're gonna get it to the girl, one she couldn't understand. She yowled and charged again.
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:12 am

Yumi watched with wide eyes as the werewolf was flung back to the root. Her breathing was still heavy and she gasped a bit, swallowing hard before she lowered her wand to her side. She hesitated in what to go as the wolf fell down on the ground. Should she just run away now, or try to finish it off? Werewolf or not, it was still human ... and Yumi didn't want to turn into a murderer like James. But if it came to it, and she wasn't left any other option, she would kill the wolf.

As the wolf shook herself, Yumi gasped and lifted her wand again. "S-stay away." she said, sounding unsure and frightened. She knew a warning like that wasn't going to work against something like that. The wolf yowled and Yumi let out a small involuntary scream, and without much second thought, she turned and ran away again. She kept her wand gripped tightly in her hand as she ran and she looked back quickly, to see if the wolf was following her again.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:42 am

The girl took flight and Naomi tipped her head back, howling once again as she shook her neck. She took after the girl, covering more ground with her four feet as opposed to the girl's two. She also had more weight and muscle than the girl, and she was built for a forest-y terrain, so in no time, she was at the girl's heels, though she did not act.

She lowered her head and sprang forward, trying to ram the back of the girl's knees to send her sprawling into the dirt and leaves.
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:03 am

Even with the head start she'd gotten on the wolf, when Yumi looked back a second time, there it was on her heels, practically on top of her. This caused her to panic and she threw her arm backwards, pointing her wand behind her. But she wasn't looking where it was pointed, so she merely cast spells all over the place, not knowing and frankly not caring if they hit their target. In her panic, Yumi almost tripped again and she nearly dropped her wand.

But she managed to catch herself and she continued to run. Suddenly she felt something ram into her knees and she gasped. Her knees gave out and she lost her balance, causing her to be thrown head first into the ground. This caused another scream to escape her lips and the impact caused her to bite down on her lower lip, and blood began to seep from the injury. She bit back yet another scream and put her hand to her mouth, trying to cover the blood.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Barker-Greyback Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:15 am

Naomi had won. She was almost surprised the move had worked so completely. The girl was down, and seemed to have forgotten that her very survival depended on getting up. Naomi panted, only ten percent or so from exertion, but it mostly came from excitement. Her eyes rolled with exhileration. She was certain she had a new pack member. She could taste it in the air. The girl was a fighter, but she was only a girl. Naomi had won.

Naomi stepped forward, walking above the girl until her four paws pressed heavily on the joints in each limb. Wrist, wrist, ankle, ankle. Naomi felt a doggish grin spread over her face and she dipped her head to the girl's shoulder, biting. Teeth penetrated clothes, skin, flesh, then blood. It was all it took. Enough to scar, enough to transform. Naomi threw her head back and howled her triumph.
Naomi Barker-Greyback
Naomi Barker-Greyback

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top