Hunting: Loch Ness
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Hunting: Loch Ness Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Hunting: Loch Ness

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hunting: Loch Ness Empty Hunting: Loch Ness

Post by Founder Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Try to keep your posts short and sweet people, make sure the ball keeps rolling and have a good time. Go with your gut with the setting, I'll prod you onto the right path if you're going haywire, but that's all a part of the fun! Just to clarify, you don't decide when you find it, I do. You can only hope to look and follow my writings (Mwahahah.) Today you're looking for a coral-like plant that is supposed to grow in the depths of Loch Ness.

The weather at Loch Ness was unseasonably cold, with air temperatures just above freezing point, and water temperatures considerably lower. Thick cloud cover blocks most sunlight, making it a rather dark, dreary day. Snow was forecasted for later in the evening, so make sure to keep warm.
Founder

Number of posts : 4824

https://www.pottersarmy.net

Back to top Go down

Hunting: Loch Ness Empty Re: Hunting: Loch Ness

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:58 pm

It was a chilly morning so Mariana had to grab her white coat and boots in order to stay warm enough and this coat was only one that could serve for walking longer distances. She apparated in a small tree shadow by the lake it was really cold and she seemed to be the first one there. "Well there is a first." she said detaining the cough just in time. That was possible on rare occasions and the weather was not on her side today.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Jack apparated to Loch Ness and breathed in the sweet air. She had her pack with her and she had cast a waterproof charm on it. Stashed inside was some of her usual things, then some other tools that might come in handy. She had also purchased Gillyweed in case they decided it would be better than Bubblehead charms. seh glanced around and saw a figure aways off. She turned and jogged that way, stopping as she reached Mari. "Morning."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Angus ported in with Michael. They shouldered their own gear. Michael seemed to know the women who were already there. Robert and Michael had explained much to him, and Angus clearly knew he was the odd man out here. He stayed a step or two behind Michael, realizing his place here was just to provide the grunt work.

"Hello, Jack. Hello, Mari," Michael said, "This is one of Robert's aurors and one of Khaat and Brian's closest friends--Ladies, meet Angus Donohue. Angus, this is Mari and Jack."

"Nice to meet you both," Angus said.

"So," Michael looked at them. "I presume our plant is somewhere down there with the beastie? Or do we know?"
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Mariana watched her partners make their way to the place where she already was. It was seriously windy, a perfect time to go underwater. "Morning Jack." she replied not even realizing up untill now that it was morning, she had a very long night. Michael arrived short after with another guy she barely saw once before in her life.

"Hi Mike i hope we were not early." Mari replied smiling stretching her chal even tighter. Suddenly the lake did not seem very appealing, but she asked for an adventure and got one.

She turned to Angus realizing she've been terribly rude. "Hello Angus it's a pleasure to be working with you. And yes i assume we will have to enter down there. The worst case scenario is that this plant is actually inside Nessy which would be very unfortunate and very tricky. So are we waiting for anyone else?" she said putting everything what was on her mind in one breath.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Michael arrived and introduced Jack and Mari to his companion, a man named Angus that Jack was vaguely familiar with. She was sure he ran around with the Lupin gang, who were typically well-traveled, so Jack had seen him here or there. She reached out a hand to shake with him, seeing as he would be assisting them that morning. Might as well be civil.

She was directed to Michael's question, however, and she responded, "See, Jess didn't get that I've been here before. I know where some of the ingredients might be located, but it has been awhile and Herbology was never my strong suit. But I know where to go. There are some coves that Nessie frequents down there, full of flora. They are deep though, and they do get small. No one's claustrophobic, right?"

She paused. "And as far as Nessie, just don't get in his face. Stay behind him- you can even grab on for a ride, he won't notice. Just don't get at his front." She addressed Mari's question. "No one I'm aware of. So what do you guys prefer- Bubblehead or gillyweed?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:20 pm

Perfect, exploring the flora of Loch Ness at zero degree outside. What a perfect mission this was, but Mariana was not the one to complain. "No i am not claustrophobic and i always thought Nessie was a she." she commented smiling at the irony of situation. She didn't even believe in Loch Ness monster untill couple of years ago and now she would actually get a ride on him or her.

"I recomend for us to use Gyllyweed. It will allow us to have a clear head and the whole bubble on our heads does not help us with small caves." Mariana added taking a few gylyweeds she recently aquaired out of her purse. She had a feeling they might need them. "Jess is not coming with us?" she asked surprised.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:32 pm

"Good," Jack said, when Mari assured her she was not claustrophobic. Jack smiled and said, "No, Nessie's a boy, and a big boy at that. He's been eating for all this time, and he's not planning on stopping." Mari suggested Gillyweed and Jack glanced at the men for their input, pulling off her pack and rummaging around for the seaweed like stuff. Without looking up, Jack said, "I thought he was going with them to the forest." She hadn't really paid attention to where everyone else was supposed to be going.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:01 pm

"Either," Michael shrugged. He personally used transfiguration more. But perhaps becoming a fish might not be such a good thing if they were in waters where he might well become the main course. "And, no, I am not the least bit claustrophobic." Then a new thought struck him. There was also that unhandy bit about being naked when one transfigured back. Nah. Not pretty. Transfiguration was out. Definitely. He glanced up at Jack, hoping that the twisted little thoughts he'd been having weren't so obvious to people who knew him well. He really hated it when his own brain embarressed him.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Angus Donohue Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:10 pm

"Stop it," Angus hissed in Michael's ear. "I don't know, and I don't want to know--whatever it was." He looked back at Jack. "Probably gillyweed," Angus said, "if you have enough. Otherwise, I dont' mind the bubblehead charm."

He put his pack down against a tree and helped Michael unshoulder his. He heard a distinctive clanking in Michael's pack. Angus laughed, figuring there was most likely a bottle of brandy and one of firewhiskey in the pack. Michael believed in living well, even when he was roughing it. He said nothing, though, figuring that perhaps Jack and Mari might not recognize the sound of booze bottles rattling together. Perhaps.
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top