Kasumi never knew she had such talent.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Kasumi never knew she had such talent.  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Kasumi never knew she had such talent.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kasumi never knew she had such talent.  Empty Kasumi never knew she had such talent.

Post by Katelyn Graves Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:30 pm

Kasumi was going for a walk when she saw a flier. It reads: "Come to the Hogsmeade Ice Rink! It is your last chance to come and have some fun before it melts for the summer! Come and skate today!"
It had pictures of people skating and having a good time on it. Kasumi thought about it while she was walking and decided to go. She looked up the Ice Rink on her computer and found the address. Kasumi remembered that she had some old skates in her closet from when she used to skate one year ago. So, Kasumi took her skates, polished them, sharpened the skates, put them in a bag, and got ready to leave. She left her house and then walked to the ice rink.

"I really hope Yumi is there and not Juliet or Dani," she thought to herself. "Don't think about it Kasumi, just ignore them if they are there and just have fun. Remember, your doing this to get your father off your head for a little while." While she continued to walk and think about who is going to be at the rink, she accidently hit shoulders with a man and dropped her skates on the ground. "Oh, sorry Sir...I..I..I was just thinking and I wasn't watching where I was going." The man laughed and told her not to worry about it. He bent over and picked up her bag and handed it to her. He asked her where she was going and she told him. He told her to have a nice time and she thanked him. "He was a really nice man...I wish people were more like him.." she thought to herself.

Kasumi continued on her way to the rink. She finally came up to the rink, but it was across the street. "Aw Dang," she thought. "I don't like crossing the street." She gulped and waited for both lights to turn red. Once they turned red, she crossed the street. She had her eyed closed the whole time, but she make it over safe. She let out a sigh of relief and walked into the rink.

She sat down in the bleachers and there wasn't anyone there exept the staff at the Ice Rink. She laced up her skates and continued to think deepy. She had a lot of things going on in her head and wasn't sure if she could do it. She stood up and she went down the steps to the rink one by one trying to make sure she knew what she was doing. She slowly walked to the rink and took her guards off. She handed them to the staff member that was standing at the door and put the toe pick onto the ice. She slowly pushed herself onto the ice and started drifting. She was exited because she was finally skating again after a year.

Kasumi tried to show off just a bit and tried to do a waltz jump. So, she did three backwards crossovers, then did her waltz jump. She fell and her face was an inch away from the ice. She picked herself up and tried again and again untill she did it. She tried for a third time and she did it. She was so proud of herself ans she knew that her dad would be too if he knew that she did this. She ended up trying all the tricks she knew and ended up doing them all. She ended up just fastly skating after she was done all those. Then she remembered an old trick she forgot about. She pushed herself really fast then put one leg behind her. She did this one from one past of the boards to the other. She was so proud of herself. She decided to sit down for a few minutes in the hockey players bench and text a few people before going back out. She was going to leave after 1 hour, but decided to stay and see if anyone would want to come and skate with her.
Katelyn Graves
Katelyn Graves
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 58
Special Abilities : Talking to Animals

http://clubpenguin909090.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Kasumi never knew she had such talent.  Empty Re: Kasumi never knew she had such talent.

Post by Freyja Podmore Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:56 pm

She had to admit she was a bit sad. Winter was pretty much over and soon the ice rink in Hogsmeade would disappear until next winter. It made her sad that she wouldn't be able to come out to the rink after this anymore, this was where she usually spent her time during winter. While others were inside the entire winter, complaining about it being so cold and being sick, Yumi was outside at the rink. She wasn't one to like being cooped up in the castle so she tried to make the best of the day outside the confining walls of the castle.

The Slytherin had decided as soon as she woke up that today she would go to the ice rink. She loved that part of Hogsmeade, aside from the Three Broomsticks of course. Nothing could top that place. She'd been going to it pretty much since she started going to Hogwarts. There were many great memories wrapped up in the seven years she spent there, and she was going to miss it a lot when she graduated. But she still had about two months before she had to think about her graduation, and her life after Hogwarts.

Yumi walked at a leisurely pace through the small village until she reached the rink. She thought it surprising that there was no one around. Usually when the rink was about to disappear everyone flocked to the place, hoping to get some skating in before it was gone. It didn't really bother her though, now she could have more space to skate.

As she stood in front of the rink, Yumi noticed that there was someone there. She looked closer at the figure and squinted a bit to get a clearer view of the skater. She smiled when she recognized who it was. Yumi walked over to the attendant and he gave her a pair of skates to use. Quickly putting them on, Yumi walked out into the rink, and she stood there watching the girl skate. She smiled at the moving figure of the younger girl who she considered to be like a younger sister and refused to speak out, so as not to break her concentration.

Yumi moved a bit, a sharp scratching sound echoing in the rink. This would get Kasumi's attention she knew, and she didn't have to speak to get it. She grinned as she listened to the echo fade into the distance, before she made the same noise again, this time just for fun. She crossed her arms over her chest and waited for the younger girl to acknowledge her presence.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 574

Back to top Go down

Kasumi never knew she had such talent.  Empty Re: Kasumi never knew she had such talent.

Post by Katelyn Graves Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:31 am

Kasumi had just finished her toe loop when a sudden scratching noise had messed her up of her concentration. She did a spin and couldn't tell who it was. Kasumi stopped and decided to turn around to see who it was. The figure made its shape and Kasumi realized that it was the sister she never had, Yumi Zante. After a sudden moment of silence and Kasumi having a smile from ear to ear, all you heard in the rink was scratching and scraping then a sudden squeal that said : "YUMI! I am so happy that your here! We get to hang out finally!"

She skated as fast as she could and did a hockey stop right in front of Yumi. She giggled, gave Yumi a hug, then went back to skating happily. She was really happy that Yumi had come instead of Dani or Juliet. When Kasumi skated, all you saw was her necklace flying along with her hair. She would have either a smile on her face or the look of determination on her face. When Yumi was looking, Kasumi tried to show off just a little bit a did a triple toe loop. Kasumi was impressed with her work considering how long it has been. The best thing is, ever since Kasumi got to the rink, she hasn't thought about what has been going on in her life. She has been letting loose and having fun. She was hoping Yumi would impress her just a little bit.
Katelyn Graves
Katelyn Graves
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:29 am

The wind that blew now, flowed through her hair and made it blow in the direction opposite of where the wind was coming from. She stood still in the client moment where Kasumi stood opposite of her smiling, acknowledging her. She couldn't help but laugh when the girl came near her. She seemed to excited to see her and she had to admit, it made her happy to know that she was at least a bit important in someone's life. It gave her a sense of pride, to know that she was important to someone. She thought about her graduation again and she decided something. The thing she would miss most about the school, was Kasumi. The one person, besides Louis who was of importance to her.

"Hey Kasumi." she said happily, in her use soft, caring voice. The voice she only used with her and Louis. "You seem to be having fun here." she commented as the girl gave get a hug. She hugged Kasumi back and watched her set out again. She moved a bit to follow her movements, though she didn't really skate herself. Not that she couldn't. Yumi was actually quite talented at it, she just never showed it off to anyone. She watched Kasumi do don't moves that she'd never done before, though she knew what they were and she smiled. "You knoe Kasumi. You're very good at that." she called, her voice echoing to reach the girl.

Yes, the one thing she would miss from the school would be this fifth year Hufflepuff. Kasumi Takahashi.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Katelyn Graves Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:47 pm

Kasumi was having a great day getting her mind off things and it made it even better that Yumi was with her. "I am having a BLAST Yumi!" She said exitedly across the rink. "I wanna see you do something!" She continued skating all happily in thought. She was so much in thought, she fell onto the ice. She spun around on her knees three times and then laughed. She thought something was wrong with her buddie, but didn't say anything because she didn't want to upset her.

Kasumi didn't show it, but she was really upset Yumi was going to be graduating soon. She was the only one that she could tell anything to in Hogwarts and not get laughed at. She still had the paper Yumi gave her that had this quote written on it: "A stranger stabs you in the back and a friend stabs you in the front. A boyfriend stabs you in the heart and best friends stab you with straws. Best Friends Forever Kasumi! <3" Kasumi framed it and put it up on her wall and it still hangs there to this day. She snapped out of thinking that and went over to Yumi. She stopped, poked Yumi, then skated backwards to the boards. She motioned Yumi to come towards her. "Your turn Yumi...show me what you got!" She winked at Yumi and waited for her to skate.
Katelyn Graves
Katelyn Graves
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:30 am

Yumi smiled weakly at the younger girl as she skated. It was only two more months that she would he at echo and then she would graduate and leave the girl alone to face whatever she had too, alone. If she could help it, she wouldn't leave. But she had too, unless she came back to the school as a staff member, which she highly doubted would happen. She was only talented at Transfiguration and that subject had a Professor so she wouldn't be able to teach that. While she was exceptionally good at all the subjects, she just wouldn't feel comfortable teaching any of them. Yumi wasn't cut out for teaching, it at least she didn't think she was.

As Kasumi motioned for her to start skating, she shook her head. "Nah. I'm not that good, you wouldn't want me to do that." she told the Hufflepuff softly. She took a step forward though and smiled at the girl. She really just didn't want to skate now, she was content with watching Kasumi do it. She just wasn't feeling anything right now, and Yumi usually needed to feel something. Something special that would push her to start skating. But that feeling wasn't there right now, and she doubtes it would come back for a while. After all, she usually only got it when she was alone.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Katelyn Graves Sun May 27, 2012 3:59 pm

As Yumi told Kasumi that she was fine, Kasumi shrugged and started singing. She was a really good singer, just Kasumi didn't think so. The sickness she has made her sound a bit off key, but she didn't care. Kasumi was skating to the rhythm she was singing to. She was making up moves as she went along and was having a great time...Eventhough her bestie was not. Kasumi was thinking about what could of been wrong with her best friend. As she was thinking about it, she wasn't watching where she was going and bumped into the glass. She fell and then laughed. She put her thumbs up to Yumi.

"I'm good! I was just daydreaming! Haha I'm such a klutz..." Kasumi got up and started singing again. "I'm pretty good!" she starting to focus on her dancing on ice. She was making as though she was on one of those Disney on ice shows. She skated over to Yumi. "Can you do one trick for me?? We gotta have a lot of fun because I don't know how much we will be able to when you graduate.." she looked at Yumi with an about face and skated towards the bench to sit down. Once she sat, she took her bag and cleaned the ice from her skates since it was interfering with her skating. She took a big drink of Gatorade and got back onto the ice. She started to sing and skate again.
Katelyn Graves
Katelyn Graves
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top