Charms Class Three
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Charms Class Three Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Charms Class Three

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charms Class Three Empty Charms Class Three

Post by Jess Potter Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Jess walked around his class, dropping a small leaf of parchment onto each desk, each with the same writing as the one next to it. Tests were a fun way to start a class, he'd always found...

Not for the students of course, but watching their faces drop when they see what lies ahead was often one of Jess' favourite things in the world.

Each sheet read:

1. Search your textbook, find the charm most suitable to make Buckbeak just a little less dangerous, and tell me which page it is on (Give me the direct link to the webpage)

2. What is one effect of an overly powerful cheering charm?

3. What is a possible incantation for the drought charm

Yes, he really did enjoy setting horrid work for the poor kiddies.

((INSTRUCTIONS

If you do not wish to participate in the class, simply PM me the answers to this and I will mark it accordingly and acknowledge that you made an attempt. If you want to be a part of the class you can choose not to do this, and you will be marked higher than those who chose to simply do the test. If you attend the class and do the work, i love you, and you'll get plenty of points.

Just remember, part of your money system is that students will be paid for class attendance, so make sure that you at least make some effort!))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Charms Class Three Empty Re: Charms Class Three

Post by Maddie Kane Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Cecilia walked into the charms class room with her books held close to her. “Good Morning Mr. Potter!” she greeted the professor cheerfully. Sitting down at one of the many desks placing her books in the top left corner of the desk before picking up the parchment that lay in front of her she read it carefully. Getting out a clean sheet of parchment she began to write starting with her name.
Spoiler:
“Um, Professor.. I’m don’t with your little test like thing! Would you like me to bring you my answers or hold on to them for a little while?” Cecilia said looking up at him with the most quizzical look she could think of.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksa Carlevaro Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Damitrius walked into the Charms Classroom just a bit tired. Okay, maybe not just a bit. She hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, and to be honest it wasn't unusual for her to ne like that. There were plenty of nights when she couldn't sleep well but she always managed to hold up during her classes and everything else. Today she thought she would he able to do the same. "Good morning Professor Potter." the girl greeted him with a small smile as she passed him on her way to her desk. She looked down at the piece of parchment on her desk and skimmed through the questions before beginning to answer them. Damitrius gave a small yawn as she began to write.

Spoiler:

Once she was finished Damitrius read over her parchment, her eyes stopped at the third question. She wasn't sure if she had done that right, and she bit on her lower lip as she thought about the question.
Aleksa Carlevaro
Aleksa Carlevaro
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 357
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:51 am

Keith waltzed into class, and immediately upon seeing they would actually have work, promptly tried to walk out unnoticed.

Unfortunately, he was unsuccessful. Curses. Foiled.

Sighing, he dumped his bag on the floor and pulled a quill from one of the pockets, chewing on it absently as he flipped through the book.

Spoiler:

Psh. He totally deserved an O on this one.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:06 am

Jess was walking around the class, looking over the students' shoulders and commenting where necessary as he noted things on their papers. "Keith," he said as he looked over the second year's shoulders. "It's not a trick question, but technically you're right," he said, pointing down and tapping the second question. "However, no that doesn't help," he added with a chuckle, conjuring up a quill and parchment, and scribbling a score down on it, before continuing around the room.

He commented on a few other students, occasionally and frowning and shaking his head, but for the most part nodding at their answers. "Cecilia," he said, pulling her paper off her desk and studying it for a second. "very good work, though the task at the bottom was meant to be your own thoughts, not a set answer. We're nowhere near learning about the drought charm," he said with a smile, putting the paper down and moving to Damitrius. "Perfect," he told her, a large smile appearing on his face. "You nailed that, good work," he told her putting the paper down and walking to the front of the classroom.

"So," he said, "I think we can begin now. First off, 20 points to each of you for being here," he said, clapping his hands together and beaming at them all. "As you may have gathered from our paper, today we will be studying the cheering charm. The incantation for this spell is, in my opinion, quite a silly one. It may be that you learnt this in your earlier years," he said, looking at the older students before shrugging, "but I don't really care. You'll be participating anyway. Besides, with your NEWTs you'll need a good pick me up," he said with a chuckle.

"The incantation is Cheerio... I know right, how stupid?" he said, rolling his eyes a little bit before continuing. "The way you cast it is to empty your mind of any negative emotions, if you fail to do this the spell will be overpowered and your target will most likely be very annoyed at you... after the happiness wears off. After you have prepared yourself mentally, you simply need to point your wand directly at your target, and utter the words. No special wand movements, merely a mental sort of a spell," he said, pausing for a moment as he considered his words, before deciding they were fine enough.

"So, if you'll partner off and try the spell on one another, that would be great," he told them as he did a quick headcount. "I see we have an odd number... would anyone like to partner with me? Great opportunity to curse your professor," he told them, winking with a small chuckle, before waiting to see if anyone stepped up to work with him.

((Class will end on Monday, please participate until that point. Just keep casting it on each other... have fun))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elyse Jordan Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:06 pm

Elyse sat at her desk and took out a quill and parchment to write down the answers for the quiz. Even though she disliked any sort of exam, Charms was one of her favorite classes and she was sure she'd get the answers right.

Spoiler:

She raised her hand, indicating to the professor that she was done. When she heard they were working on Cheering charms, she got excited. "If anyone needs a partner, I'm available."
Elyse Jordan
Elyse Jordan

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:36 am

"Right, I guess you're with me," Keith said, pointing at the easily excited gryffindor girl. She was a year below him but Keith didn't really know her all that well, and couldn't even remember seeing her in the hallways - odd, as her skin color would've made her instantly recognizable.

"Great, now I'll start seeing her everywhere," he muttered to himself, rolling his eyes and taking up a position opposite her. "Well...uh...Cheerio!" He shouted, trying not to sound like a complete idiot.
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Cody Aarla Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:05 am

Cody walked into class, Late. This of course wasn't new to him it was often that he got stuck in the library reading the countless books on magical health or pretending to read a book while he inconspicuously stared at a crush. He gave the professor a happy smile desperately fighting the urge to use his natural Veela charms on him. It appeared that the man was not much older that him...And he was attractive to. Though student-teacher relationships never seemed to work out in favor for the teacher.

Though looking again at the man he could see the effects war had on people. Though he figured many of the Professors here would have that look about them considering the death eaters and the Order of the phoenix seemed to regularly assault the school. He couldn't help but wonder what that would do to the man as he aged.

"I'm sorry i'm late professor as it sounds from the room you are doing the cheering charm...I could be wrong but the incantation Cheerio gives it away...Isn't that also coincidentally a muggle cereal? I think it has a little bee on it. Supposed to lower cholesterol or something like that. I suppose that would cheer one up though wouldn't it professor" he said rhetorically smiling at his own random thought.

"Perhaps i should take me seat now? or would you prefer that i pair up with one of the students?" he asked waiting to see if this Professor .
Cody Aarla
Cody Aarla

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:46 am

I know it's late, but calculations for points will be made this weekend and posted here and in the hourglass topic.
Ty for patience, sorry to drop off. I'm looking at a new class system, so hold on there while I sort it out.

If anyone is interested in a non-formal tuition with Professor Potter, please enquire - it's another thought I've been playing with, so let me know if you are at all interested.

Otherwise, just hold out and I'll be RPing with you all in no time Wink

Jess.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top