Changing Directions
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Changing Directions Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Changing Directions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Changing Directions Empty Changing Directions

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:41 pm

Khaat hadn't been back in Diagon Alley for almost a year. And it didn't seem to have changed. Somehow, Diagon Alley was timeless. She was following her father's lead and going out in the open, despite the arrest warrant. But she didn't go alone. That hadn't even been a consideration. Today, Angus went with her. Robert had insisted that, at least while the danger was so great, that she travel with at least one bodyguard. Khaat had dressed to blend in--in traditional wizard clothing--black. Black jeans, a black sweater,, and a long and very full black winter cloak with its full hood drawn up to hide her face. She wore black gloves to even hide her hands. Angus hated wizard cloaks so he simply wore his usual black leather duster coat and his hat. No one paid any attention to them as they crunched through the snow covered brick street.

They found the back door of the Blue Moon unlocked, as had been promised. Angus's wand was drawn, and so was Khaats. Angus believed it was possible that Jen might try to stay in good stead with Grindlewald, Khaat, on the other hand, believed that when all was said and done, Jen was far too wise than to know that Grindlewald could stay in control much longer. Jen seemed to almost have a second sense about what side to be on, and Khaat believed that Jen still placed her lot with Robert, no matter what she had to show Grindlewald. She was more concerned that someone had anticipated the whole meeting somehow and had perhaps penetrated the Blue Moon to unwind it all.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22686
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Changing Directions Empty Re: Changing Directions

Post by Hugo Weasley Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:16 pm

The Blue Moon Nightclub had had its run. Jen was pleased to say that she would be comfortable for a few years more as a result of the good business she’d had. Now, though, she wished to take her leave. In fact, she wished to take her leave in most things and follow her brother to wherever he’d placed himself with whoever it was he’d gone with. Until then, however, she found herself playing poker and drinking the last of the beer with her bartenders in her usual booth, music idly playing on the jukebox in the background. She certainly didn’t find the laziness of the affair bizarre. She spent many an hour in the morning after the club had closed playing a game of cards and drinking with the employees. Today was about wishing each other good luck with different business ventures. Her bartenders had found jobs in bars down the road. Some were staying on at the club for what Khaat had in mind business wise. Jen was planning on sticking around long enough to see Grindelwald fall - not that she mentioned this to her employees mind you. She’d stay around that long, and then she’d disappear. She would suffer as a result of it, she knew. D’Eath and Forbes would have been smart to have disappeared now. She knew that disappearing was on their heads, though; just as it was on hers. She would ensure that before she left though, she’d leave behind something that could be enjoyed once Grindelwald had had his fun.

The day began to wind up and Jen sent her employees on their way home, each one looking even more tired than the last. She, once the door was closed behind them, poured herself a cup of coffee and settled back down in her booth, kicking her boot-clad feet up onto the table and balancing her cup on her stomach as she began to relax. She was still on high alert but she had little to fear, she was sure. She wouldn’t move even if the Death Eaters stormed the building and told her to give them all of the money she owned. No, she wasn’t in the mood for any difficulty so instead she merely sat there and waited, smiling to herself when she heard the back door open. The drawing of a wand was a sound that travelled on the air in the club and Jen couldn’t help but laugh, feeling the atmosphere jump a little.

“Do come along now,” She spoke lazily, running her finger around the rim of the cup. “Don’t be such scaredy-cats. I don’t bite, only if you ask. Now, how can I be of service to ye?”
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Changing Directions Empty Re: Changing Directions

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Khaat sheathed her wand and motioned Angus to lower his. They walked out of the shadows. There was something sad in seeing any business close, and even though she and Jen hadn't been close, she felt a bit more like a part of her own past was disintegrating. Another representation of the Dents was dissolving. And that made her keenly in tune with how much she still cared for Rob. Probably always would. The other pieces that threatened to come forward in her mind were things she shoved to the back of her mind.

"Hello, Jen," Khaat said. "My father ordered Angus to be careful. Not of you. But, I'm sure you can appreciate how risky it can be for either him or me to be out walking around in plain sight. Look, I think you're entitled to know what I plan to do with this. I know how much you love Eli. And I plan on givving this entirely to him. I told him he had to finish school. It's always been my one condition for him. And he's lived up to it. So--I'm giving this to him. He can run it himself, perform here, or merely use it as an investment property--whatever he chooses. So, in a way, it will never truly pass out of your family's hands."

She reached into her cloak and pulled out a manila envelope and laid it on the bar. "For you--and Rob--if you see him. I thought perhaps one of you might like pictures of Abbey and of the triplets. Do with them as you like. You know you're always welcome to see them."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22686
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top