enjoying the view - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

enjoying the view - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

enjoying the view

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

enjoying the view - Page 2 Empty Re: enjoying the view

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Sapphire shook her head, and looked at Sabriel's hand on her shoulder. "I... I'm fine. Don't worry about it." she said with a faint tone of voice. "You didn't do anything." she told him, looking up at him with her now blank olive colored eyes. It was her mistake for mentioning the ball. She always did something to make the atmosphere uncomfortable for someone. Guess her father was right. She never did anything good, and she'll always be a disgrace to her family. Her father was always hard on her for some reason. Maybe it was because she was a girl, or because she had been sorted into Hufflepuff. He probably would have wanted a Slytherin boy, so that when he wed, her father could be proud of his son. But now when... if she ever wed, he won't care.

A tear began to sting Sapphire's eyes as she thought about her father's rejection. She usually didn't care what her father thought about her, and sometimes she just wanted to get away from her family. But she would always love them, unlike they would never really love her. Sabe had said she seemed sad about something and Sapphire couldn't help but grin. "Like I said you didn't do anything." she smiled at him for a moment.

When he asked her if she needed a date to the ball, she looked up, her eyes widened. "Um... y-yeah. I do need a date." she said, stuttering a little as she did. "I'd like that." she told him, managing a sweet smile, instead of her hyper grin. Things that Sapphire never expected always happened to her. It was weird, but she was getting used to it a little.
Malmuira
Malmuira "Moira" Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 388

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:09 am

Sabriel returned the smile. He was very good at it - managing the sweetest smile. Privately, he indulged in it. It was nice to make someone smile. When he was young, he would do the smallest things--the tiniest favors--in order to bring forth the weakest grin. Ferris never quite responded to him until he was eleven. Even then, Sabe wished he hadn't; he had reacted to the child's feeble actions of affection violently. Sabe then made a point to avoid him. Sapphire's smile placated him and gave him a tiny sense of accomplishment.

Now, to satiate a certain curiosity brewing within him.

"You were singing," he acknowledged almost airily. "What song was that?"

Last edited by Sabriel Gardinier on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:08 am

The tears had begun to blur her vision, and Sapphire didn't want to start crying there. She blinked back the tears, and threw her head back slightly to help dry the tears. At Sabriel's question of what song she was singing, her eyes widened a little bit. She couldn't remember, most times she could but right now her mind just blanked. The things her father made her forget. Singing gives her happiness and all her father did was bring her sadness.

She looked at Sabe, her eyes narrowing again, and her smile dropped a little. "Um... it was a song, by a band called Paramore I think." she said, tapping her finger on her chin as she looked upward as if the ceiling had the answer to the question. "But I can't remember the name..." she added quietly.

"Oh!" she snapped her fingers suddenly and jumped up. "I remember now!" she said smiling. "It's called Decode. It's from a few years ago. But it's still really cool." she continued to smile. A sudden thought entered her head and she let out a small giggle. "Wanna hear the song? I have it in an iPod that I kept safe after all muggle items got taken away." she sighed.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:04 am

[b]Sabriel was intrigued. "Paramore?" he wondered. He had heard some of their songs, but only because his sister Marianne was a huge fan of them during her "Muggle Phase", during which she adopted many Muggle habits and interests. Rock was one of them. Technology and festivities were others.

Sabe frowned slightly. "An Eye Pod?" he asked. "Is that some kind of eye in a pod .. or something?" It was too late to reconsider his statement. He was already blushing from ear-to-ear. He felt he sounded stupid. But an Eye Pod? It was quite far-fetched. Hilariously odd.

Another admission clung to him. "The school takes muggle items away?" he inquired mildly, though his surprise was evident. "You have been wronged.I have not heard of such a thing .. Are you sure you do not mean how muggle items fail to function within the castle walls?"

Sapphire's eyes were bright. She seemed happy to share the Eye Pod with him, and Sabriel was similarly anxious.
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Sapphire smiled and nodded. "Yeah, Paramore is a really cool band. I love their music." she stated. The young Hufflepuff reached into her pocket and rummaged around for the iPod she had. "I have the iPod here... somewhere." she said. She stared at Sabriel when he asked what an iPod was. "You're not accustomed to muggle items?" she asked curiously. Everyone knew what an iPod was....

A small grin crossed Sapphire's lips at his thought of what an iPod was. "No Sabriel. Not Eye pod. iPod." she said. "As in i-p-o-d. It's a music player." She finally found the iPod in her pocket and she took it out, holding it out to him. "See? This is an iPod." she told him, her small grin turning into a wide smile. A small girly giggle escaped her lips when she noticed that he had blushed for what he said.

Sapphire blinked at what he said about the muggle items. "No I'm pretty sure they work within the walls of the school. Otherwise my iPod wouldn't work right now, and it does." she noted, as the music began to play in her ears. "Plus, I know that they are being taken away because the guard are literally taking them away. Any muggle item they saw when we got here, they confiscated it. Some students were even searched because they were know to have muggle items with them." she explained.

The red haired girl quickly shook her head, and smiled at him. "So do you wanna hear the song?" she asked him, holding an earphone out to him.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:55 am

(( OOC: Oh, I listened to the song and I recognize it from Twilight! XD )

Sabe took the earphone, a feeling of wonderment coursing through him. So it was an i-P-o-d? Well, that made even less sense. He took the contraption and held it up to his ear. The song was already playing, but judging by the little bar fixed toward the top of the screen, it had barely begun.

Sabriel bit the inside of his cheek as he listened. He had the strangest urge to tap his foot. Or even nod his head. Rock back and forth, maybe, but he stubbornly kept still. The song was definitely upbeat, and a genre he was only accustomed to because of Marianne's brief phase of rock and metal. At first Sabriel had thought she was collecting stones (and metal, how absurd!), but she sat him down and explained to him what the she was really doing. And still, in his naivete, Sabe never fully understood. Even now he didn't.

"What spell is this?" he asked. The woman's voice was very high, but it was nice to listen to. Suddenly the music hit a crescendo, and the woman's voice raised a few octaves. He distantly wondered why she was screaming at him. It seemed so .. real?

"How did we get here? When I used to know you so well ..?"

Huh? Got where? "Sapphire .. she is asking me questions," said Sabe. "But I am not sure if I am supposed to answer .."

(( OOC: Sabe was raised by a pure, traditional Wizard family. He has spent most of his life indoors, sheltered under his tutors, nurses and supervisors. Therefore, he has very little contact with Muggle items, technology and customs. His sisters, who have more freedom than he, live out their lives independently and mucking along in the Muggle community. Since Marianne moved out when Sabe was eleven, he has been in the house, by himself, since his First Year. ))
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:01 am

[OOC: I thought you would recognize it from there. Everyone usually does -.-]

The music coursing through her body and mind, and the urge to get up and dance and sing so present in her mind, Sapphire didn't know if she could resist much longer. But she didn't want to make a fool of herself in front of Sabriel. Her body remained still through her willpower, and all she did was smile at the boy when he took the earphone from her hand and began to listen to the song she so loved.

Music had always been a faithful companion to her. Blocking out her family when she most needed it, and even when she didn't know she needed it. It was most of her life, and it always kept her happy when nothing else could. You could say it was her prized possession, not the music player, but the actual music, it was the key to her happiness. With a soft gulp and a short breath, Sapphire's mouth opened and the words flowed out of it smoothly. She wasn't going to go crazy and dance as she so often did when she was alone, no, she was only going to sing softly to it.

At his question about the song, Sapphire stopped singing and she stared at him confused. "Spell?" she asked. "There is no spell. It's just music Sabriel." she suddenly giggled at the fact that he didn't get that it was only a song. She placed a hand gently on Sabriel's shoulder and stared at him intently. "Sabe." she said softly, sweetly. "She's not asking you anything. It just the lyrics to the song. Even if you answer her, she won't know." she explained, smiling as she did so.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:05 am

((OOC: Well, it wasn't the actual movie. It was just a commercial promoting the songs it it. But still, I discovered it from Twilight nonetheless.))

Sabe furrowed his brow, but said nothing else. Her voice was very sweet when she spoke, but it was almost drowned out over the roar of the other woman's voice. The lady had reached the chorus again. He decided to just enjoy it, no matter how much it confused him. And, oh yes -- she did not stop to wait for an answer at all! Perhaps Sapphire was right.

Unconsciously, Sabriel started to nod his head to the song. His blonde bangs, soft and downy, swayed effortlessly. His natural grace tuned in to the rhythmic percussion and melody of the woman's voice. As the song reached another crescendo, he idly wondered when he would get to hear Sapph sing again. He also loved singing, but their styles were different. Sabe was a quiet vocalist, preferring softer tunes. Lullabies. Classical. R&B and Blues. Sapph was wild and beautiful. She was like this woman. She could pull off the energy, and Sabriel pined on hearing her sing softly as well, maybe.

"Sapph," he breathed. The new nickname was lost to the boy. It flowed off his tongue naturally, and he failed to notice its conjuration. "Would you sing this song? You do not have to .. but I was curious. That is all."
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Post by Malmuira "Moira" Crawford Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:23 am

[OOC: Well still. Everyone knows it from Twilight now. It actually urks me that they know it from there and now just because of the band.]

A soft accidental tap on the floor turned into louder, rhythmic taps. Her foot keeping her mind clear of everything but the song playing. Her head began to nod to the beat of the song and she even hummed it. Of course that was going to happen, Sapphire wasn't one to keep still, and that was for sure, and her natural attitude was taking over and her humming was getting louder.

The nickname he called her caught her by surprise and Sapphire blinked a couple of times before her mind registered that he was talking to her. "Huh?" she squeaked, before shaking her head after a moment of confusion. His request caught her even more by surprise but it created a smile on her face. "Uh..." she began. "S-sure Sabe." she smiled at him.

For a moment she was silent though. Listening to the song a little before she jumped into singing it. How did we get here? She closed her eyes and opened her mouth the lyrics flowing smoothly from it once again. "When I used to know you so well...?" she sang, her voice immediately rising to the pitch of the singer.
Malmuira
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabriel Gardinier Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:34 pm

Sabriel smiled brightly. "You have a wonderful voice," he told her. His tone had taken on its most placid, monotone fashion, and his petal-pink lips quirked oddly. He closed his gray eyes for a moment, breathing in the crisp, nighttime air. "You know," he admitted, opening his silvery eyes to stare at the stars and planets above. A burning sensation planted itself in his heart. "I am a Veela.

"Veela naturally have nice voices overall. Sometimes I wonder if our skills simply derive from genetics, or if we possess any true talent at all. There are many things I need to learn. Sometimes I think I am fated to fall." He looked at Sapphire, as if seeing her for the first time. "You hurt deep inside. I can tell; your face changes when you sing. Moments ago, you were subdued. I know I am not the most entertaining person in the world, but again, I hope I have not saddened you in any way."

((Note: Sabe goes from being jealous (though this doesn't quite register to him), to empathetic, to concerned. XP))
Sabriel Gardinier
Sabriel Gardinier

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top