Worst than torture....
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Worst than torture.... Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Worst than torture....

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worst than torture.... Empty Worst than torture....

Post by Kevin West Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:03 am

Kevin had been giving detention. So he still didn't know his way around Hogwarts and had accidentely walked in on Barker obviously not wanting to be seen. So this was how he was spending his Friday night. Because of this, he had been giving Barker the "Slytherin" in him. Kevin walked into the room and sat down and layed back in his seat. After a while, Kevin started to get tired and put his feet up on the desk and shot Barker a 'What're you gonna do?!' look.

At that moment, ignorance was bliss. He didn't have to worry about a thing but sitting there in torture.... or worst than torture.

Last edited by Kevin West on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kevin West
Kevin West

Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Worst than torture.... Empty Re: Worst than torture....

Post by Felix Barker Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:11 am

Little brat had some nerve. Walking into his office and sticking his feet up on his desk. Felix pointed his wand at his desk and the whole thing tipped towards Kevin, forcing his feet off of it, and the papers slid back on. The little brat had walked in on him while he was pouring over notes, notes to a very particular kind of subject, and it was obvious that the boy had seen what they were over. It was hard to miss the image of someone's face in total agony on the paper, before he had shut the book and demanded he leave, after giving him a detention.

The brat had it coming to him, and he frowned, the only problem was.. he couldn't torture him, he knew nothing about him. No family members, no anger built up inside, or fear, or denial, he knew nothing about this nobody kid, and so he had to give him a "real" Detention. Obviously the kid wanted it.. obvious the kid was asking for it, so Barker was having a hard time coming up with one on such short notice. "There are many things people do in life Mr. West." He said carefully, over-thinking his every word. "Some people go on the track people think is right.. some people go in the track people think is wrong.. I like to believe that I go on a track that is smart.. I was a Ravenclaw in Hogwarts too.. did you know that? Not many people do.. most people assume I was a Slytherin... wrong.." He smirked and then stood up, moving to a file cabinet in the room and pulled out the boy's report, checking for previous detentions and other things he should be looking for to help him gather enough information to quit the detention room and get this kid down to a cellar, screaming in agony before the night was up.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin West Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:28 am

After Barker had reacted by pushing his feet off of the desk with magic, Kevin actually felt scared. He couldn't defend himself... he was a first year. He had always heard about Barker's crimes and sitting here with the door shut in a quiet room wasn't the best picture for a first year and a lunatic torturer. Kevin decided to keep his mouth shut to avoid anymore problems. If he kept it up, he was sure he would be on the floor screaming by the pain of the Cruciatus Curse by the time detention was supposed to end. "I guess I could've figured it out by your wit. I mean.. you know.. I don't wanna bring up things that aren't my business," Kevin said nervously and quickly to cover it all up. He had been trying to hint on Barker's crimes but didn't want to really say it to his face.

Kevin was scared yes... like anyone else would be! He just thought it would be best if he just kept his mouth shut so there wouldn't be any extra time to pay in detention. He felt the urge to just scream out for help but would that be the smartest thing to do? " Uh Professor? Is there any particular reason why you did the things you did?" Kevin asked him.
Kevin West
Kevin West

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:39 am

Felix felt his face darken immediately. This kid.. he had balls. For a first year.. he actually had the audacity to bring up his own crimes to his face. The kid obviously wasn't in his Transfiguration class. Where was on his first rules was to never bring up his past crimes. Felix could feel his grip tighten on the piece of paper he was holding. Nothing.. there was nothing about this kid, no previous detentions, no close family members to report, nothing, he was a First year through and through, and Felix had no grounds to torture him on. Dammit.

Felix glared at the kid for a moment, before he looked him straight in the eye and sat down across the desk. "Mr. West.. I know this may sound odd to you, for I'm sure you heard it very differently in your home while I was... paying for crimes, but this is the truth. "Felix caught his eye, stared at the kid. If you can't torture... convert. "I was framed... The previous Minister... Robert Lupin, he was a very evil man Kevin.. He ruled this world with an iron fist, maybe you didn't feel it.. not directly, but your parents did... they just didn't tell you.. he was an evil man, who hated my father because of crimes he did." Felix said, trying to sound as genuine and trustworthy as possible.

"I was sitting in my home.. reading a good book, when aurors surrounded me.. and carted me off to Azkaban.. telling me all the crimes I supposedly committed, threw me in Azkaban for crimes I didn't even know existed... they had pictures of course.. pictures of the back of my head... or me in a shop buying something nice for my fiancee... pictures of the back of my head weren't me.. or they magicked my face into them.." He said frowning and leaning back in his chair. "How would you feel Kevin.. if the whole wizarding world hated your guts for reasons beyond you... lies told about you to every child in our world.. lies spread even as far as the Muggle police, and their children.. they believed me a criminal.. and you were told so as well." Felix frowned and then smiled at him, flashing white teeth.

"I will admit to one thing though.. I broke out of Azkaban.. with the help of our generous Minister, Grindelwald.. I know he's done some evil things in the past.. but he saw right through the lies the Ministry spun about me.. and came to my rescue... I paid for that crime though, paid a fine, and was finally able to set things right.. with my fiancee... with myself... and I got a job.. to prove to the world that I am not a bad man." He looked at Kevin and sighed heavily, looking absolutely forlorn. "So you see.. it does bother me.. when people ask me those questions... I just wish to put those dark days behind me..." He sighed and ran his hand through his hair, his eyes fixed on the young boy in front of him.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin West Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:53 am

Kevin had been taken aback. He just stared at Barker. No words to come out of his mouth. He couldn't blink his eyes. Blink?! He could hardly breath! So maybe he isn't such a bad guy if you get to know him.... I mean you can't judge a book by it's cover. he thought still staring at Barker. When he could finally open his mouth he said, "I believe you." There had been true rage coming out of Barker before Kevin had said that. But Kevin wasn't lying. He actually had believed him. If Kevin had been Felix for a day, he wouldn't survive! To be known as a dreadful monster who you have to lock your doors in fear for or sleep with the light on because you might be his next victim. It was all BS.
Kevin West
Kevin West

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Felix nodded slightly at the boy, finding this almost as exciting as torturing the kid. "It's impossible for you to understand the full extent of what someone like me has gone through under Lupin's regime... he took people who were innocent, people who had lives, people who were just going about their ordinary days, and made them the monster... Do you know how hard it is.. to tell the person you love that you can't get married because the world thinks you are a monster?" Felix had to look away for a moment in pretend emotion.

"So that is why I got angry earlier... for it was obvious that you still believed me to be a monster... The book.. the book I was reading." He said and had to think quickly, before he smiled and relaxed in his chair some more. "It was a book that was published during my time on the run... depicting what I would do to you if I caught you... I have to say.. there were some elaborate lies... Some very well done lies as well... I'm sure you heard the stories Kevin." Felix said frowning slightly. "Lupin is an evil man Kevin... he locked up his own daughter, and tortured her himself to make it appear as though I did... he locked up a poor innocent girl, named Chase Moor... and used Polyjuice potion to make her hate me... The poor girl thinks that I am a monster, and if I were to go near her.. well... I'm afraid of what would happen.. there is no way for me to undo what he has done to me.. my life will never be the same Mr. West..." Felix looked towards the window, and stood up, moving over to it.

"So you see why I would choose to come here... why I would want to show everyone that I am not a monster, I graduated a Ravenclaw, at the top of my class, anyone who you ask would tell you I was a sweet kid... but from the moment I got out of Hogwarts.. Lupin targeted me, sending me to Azkaban multiple times.. Made me out to be a monster, a thief, a torturer.... the things they said I did... are just... horrible.." Felix turned to look at Kevin and frowned again. "I am happy you believe me Kevin... it's a relief to know that someone does.. in this world.. I feel as though I can no longer trust anyone... can I trust you Kevin?" Felix asked tilting his head to the side slightly.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin West Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Kevin frowned. "Why would Lupin just choose to go after you? Out of all of the people he could have chosen, why would he just target you?" Kevin asked Barker. Kevin really didn't understand. "Yes you can trust me," he said to him. Kevin was now less tense around Barker now that he had learned the truth. All of the lies told about him were just the work of the Evil Robert Lupin. To be the most hated person in the wizarding world.... even the muggle world! Kevin felt bad for Barker.

Kevin had his arms crossed and was now looking around the room. I wonder what time it is.... he thought. It didn't feel like eternity. He actually thought it went by pretty fast while talking to Barker. He had Barker's trust now so there were no hard feelings between the two.
Kevin West
Kevin West

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:26 pm

"Why choose me.." Felix said softly, and sighed, running his hand over his jaw. "I know I can trust you Kevin.. so I trust you not to tell everyone about this.." he said with a long sigh. "You see... I'm not from the most wealthy family out there... My mother was a muggle... and my father, well he was a bad man..." Felix frowned and sighed. "Because of my parentage.. a man who didn't like Robert because he had stopped his business... and in no way am I proud of my father Kevin.. he was a horrible man.. who did horrible things.. I won't go into the details, but as it was... he chose me, because of my parents." Felix sighed and stared out at the grounds. A light rain had started and there was a soft flash of lightening.

"I'm not a pureblood Kevin, and my father was a bad man.. from the time I was thirteen years old to today, Robert Lupin has hated me for something I can't help.. for things I never did." Felix sighed heavily again and looked back at Kevin. "When I turned thirteen... my mother moved away and my father was thrown in Azkaban, where he later died... My mother left me here... and Lupin... he knew about me, he knew where I was.. watched me, and watched me struggle, fight to save my own life, and not once did he interfere, not once did he extend this so called 'famous love.'" Felix frowned and sat back down across from Kevin. "The man made a reputation for himself, by taking in children who would do well if he had left them alone, but he stood there.. and watched me suffer, enjoying it I found out later when he visited me in Azkaban.. visited me to gloat in my face as he implanted memories of my father... I had enough to torture me with in there... for my father wasn't kind to me as well..." Felix ran his hand through his hair and leaned back in his chair.

"So you understand Kevin? Robert Lupin is a bad man... he targeted me for what my father did... He used his last name... the fact that he was related to Remus Lupin.. a kind man who was a werewolf and helped Harry Potter... he used that reputation to gain him favor.. and he did things like THIS behind the wizarding worlds back... Grindelwald.. he saved me, brought back honor to my name... and helped me get a job, instead of having to run in fear of a deluded country who thought I was evil.." Felix looked at Kevin and smiled. "Grindelwald is a hero.. sure his actions may seem harsh sometimes, but it's only temporary as he tries to straighten things out with people who are still delusional against him, and don't understand what kind of man Lupin was.."
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin West Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Kevin listened to Barker. "That's wrong.... To blame someone because of their parentage," he said to him. Kevin thought Grindelwald becoming Minister for Magic was horrible! But he's actually here to erase the corruption of the Ministry. This world was in despair without even knowing it when Lupin was in office. But now that Kevin had found out about the truth, he thought there was no better choice than Gellert Grindelwald. Kevin nodded at Barker in agreement. "Are you and the rest of Grindelwald's army the only ones who know about what Lupin did, Professor?" Kevin said to him. He knew everyone was full of ignorance now. Even Kevin's mom was in on the whole "Grindelwald is evil" thing. His loser of a brother had thought the same thing also.
Kevin West
Kevin West

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:24 pm

"We are trying to spread the word Kevin.. we are... We are trying to let people know that their old Minister was a horrible man, but he brainwashed them Kevin... he made them think things were going great, he made St. Mungos a good place because he knew people looked fondly on it, it was the only thing he did right... we are actually taking the things he did well and using them to our advantage.. our problem is Kevin... people are completely and totally turned against Grindelwald because of past grievances... I believe everyone deserves a second chance... it's what Harry Potter believed in... what about you Kevin? Do you? Do you believe people deserve a second chance?"

Felix frowned again and then sighed. "Problem is.. we still have a detention to do.." Felix said and sighed. "I may have overreacted a bit by giving you one.. but as it is.. we are here... why don't you help me... It won't be a one night thing.. but it might be a bit fun... you're responsibility won't be a punishment actually.. could you tell your friends? Tell your friends about what happened to me? About Robert Lupin... spread the word.. let people know what happened to me.. and help me make sure it won't happen to anyone else..."
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top