The Dilemma of Ravenclaw Tower (episode 1)
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Dilemma of Ravenclaw Tower (episode 1) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Dilemma of Ravenclaw Tower (episode 1)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Dilemma of Ravenclaw Tower (episode 1) Empty The Dilemma of Ravenclaw Tower (episode 1)

Post by Keith Nicholas Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:07 am

((Welcome, welcome, welcome all. My name is Keith, if you didn't know me already, and last year I noticed something - the Ravenclaw tower is dismally inactive. Blasphemy, I know, but it's true. So this year I hope to get some activity going by introducing a series of events that will hopefully get this place some activity, and let the ravenclaws bond. Let the games commence!))

The couch was on fire, and it wasn't Keith's fault.

Mostly.

"This is not good," Keith noted, watching the blue-bronze flames travel from the couch to the lush carpet he was currently standing on. "In retrospect, changing the color of the fire to the house colors was a horrible idea."

Hindsight's 20/20 Keith! Keith thought-shouted to himself. Do something about that fire!

"I don't know what to do!" Keith shouted back, a note of panic creeping into his voice. Suddenly, and idea came to him - he snapped his fingers, screeched "Eureka!" And gripped his wand. Swish, flick, "Wingardium Leviosa!"

Unfortunately, Keith had forgotten to calculate for the sudden surge of power that resulted from his currently heightened emotions. The fear and worry and all around excitement zoomed through one arm and out his wand, picking up the burning couch and hurling it out the window.

"Oh God!" Kent shouted, rushing to the window in time to see the couch (still on fire) hurtling down to the grounds. "Look out below!"

Got any more brilliant ideas?! He thought-roared.

"Just one!" Keith shouted. He sprinted towards the far wall, taking a flying leap over a paricularly nasty looking flame that had taken an interest in his favorite chair, and gripped one of the tapestries adorning the wall with both hands. He let out a high pitched battle cry and pulled, ripping the tapestry free, and threw it onto the flames. "Smother flames! Smother!"

The tapestry caught on fire.

"Well," Keith muttered, "shit."
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

The Dilemma of Ravenclaw Tower (episode 1) Empty Re: The Dilemma of Ravenclaw Tower (episode 1)

Post by Ambrosa Lunafiore Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:09 am

Ambrosa closed the book she was reading in the library. She was quite late and she still had to write the charms assigment... Ambrosa threw her bag over her shoulder, brought the book back to where she took it from and then left the library. She made her way through the school chatting with a couple of people she knew until she made it to the Ravenclaw tower. The riddle was not something that hard... It was something that the eagle liked to ask every now and then. "Which came first - the phoenix or the flame?" Ambrosa smiled and told him that there was no beginning of this circle. The door openend and as she entered she let a scream out.

The whole room was on fire. Well the couch was and the carpet was... And there was Keith Nicholas. Ambrosa did the first thing that came to her mind. Aguamenti! she yelled pointing her wand at the fire. Water poured out of her wand. Good the fire was gone. After stopping the water, Ambrosa was really wet, so she casted a drying spell on the room and herself. Then she turned to Keith. What were you doing? she ask with a sirious answer.
Ambrosa Lunafiore
Ambrosa Lunafiore

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

The Dilemma of Ravenclaw Tower (episode 1) Empty Re: The Dilemma of Ravenclaw Tower (episode 1)

Post by Wilhelmina Abercrombie Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:46 pm

Wally heard a commotion downstairs- well Darwin did first. Her chameleon had excellent hearing and often came in handy as he did today. People thought Darwin was lifeless becuase he rarely moved. Wally, however, could tell the chameleon's moods from the slightest of movements, the smallest hints. All Darwin had to do was raise and tilt his head and she knew something was up.

Wally slipped the potions book under her arm, and picked up Darwin, setting him on her shoulder. She retightened her pigtails and then walked across the dorm, slipping into the staircase that led down to the common room. She walked slowly, listening carefully and forgetting the fact that she was wearing her pajamas. She slipped her wand out of her pajama pants pocket and stepped into the common room.

There was Keith, flinging a tapestry onto a flaming couch. "That's probably not going to work," Wally pointed out passively, but some girl entered and screamed, causing Wally to grimace. The girl ended the excitement and Wally walked over to a chest of drawers. She climbed up and pulled herself onto it and sat cross legged atop it, perched there. Darwin resettled on her shoulder and she set her book in her lap, before pushing her wand behind her ear, watching Keith and the girl with passive interest.
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Wilhelmina Abercrombie
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Nicholas Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:47 pm

Initially, when Ambrosa walked into the room, Keith thought he was screwed.

Then she screamed really loudly, and Keith had to cover his ears. Damn, but that girl could shriek. A useful skill if you're alone at night in a back alley, but otherwise it was mostly just annoying.

She put the fire out though, which was a plus. Aguamenti. Keith decided he needed to learn that spell. A much safer alternative than throwing couches out windows or setting even more stuff on fire.

"I was, uh..." Keith said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, "experimenting?" He shrugged. "Next time, I'll remember that color changing spells aren't to be practiced on fire," he said, looking around the room. "Wow, this place is a mess...uh, hey Wally," he said, noticing the girl for the first time. She was sitting cross legged on top of a drawer, in her pajamas, her wand tucked behind her ear, and a freaking chameleon on her shoulder.

Keith was really going to have to teach her some social skills. It was almost like she didn't blink. She was just kind of watching him. Creepy. If she wasn't so damn smart he probably wouldn't associate with her."

"I...don't suppose you know any nifty spells to fix all this?" He asked Ambrosa, waving his hand to indicate the mess. It's kind of a mess...aw, look at the carpet near the fireplace!"

He stumbled over to the fireplace, where the fire had burned down the once thick carpet to a pile of fuzzy blue sludge. "Gross," he said, sticking out his tongue and poking it with his wand. The sludge moved slightly, revealing a small bump in the floor beneath it.

Keith frowned, pushing away more fuzzy goo. As he cleared more and more of it, he was beginning to see a picture - a bird, like the one on the doorway, except with a body. When Keith fully uncovered it, it turned it's head to him, and in a voice that was half human, half...something else, spoke.

"I am both and thought and memory."

Keith stared at it for a moment. The bird blinked. Keith stared some more.

"What."

"I am both thought and memory," the bird said again, in the same voice.

"What." Keith said, in the same voice.

"Also," the bird said, his voice much more human now, "I am not made of cheese."

"Fantastic," Keith said. "Fan-F***-tastic."
Keith Nicholas

Number of posts : 986

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane Orktas Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:37 am

Kane, after writing down his name on the notice board heard commotion and turned to see people talking and a partially singed couch, "If my first year is going to be fires and ash I should'a headed to Hufflepuff!" he laughed... he quietly slipped out however and started heading down the stairs to the library.
Kane Orktas
Kane Orktas
Second Year Gryffindor
Second Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top