Dragon See, Dragon Do, Dragon Nom On All of You
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dragon See, Dragon Do, Dragon Nom On All of You Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dragon See, Dragon Do, Dragon Nom On All of You

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon See, Dragon Do, Dragon Nom On All of You Empty Dragon See, Dragon Do, Dragon Nom On All of You

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:28 pm

Jack peered into the containment center where the small Peruvian Vipertooth puttered about, looking surprisingly cute for a creature she had just wrestled off of the intern trying to feed it. The fool had gone in without casting any spells to dull the smell of the meat. Jack had taught the interns that was the best way to deal with the creatures. Bring in the meat with no smells, leave it, and once the little guys figured out what it was, then they would go ballistic.

The healers were currently fixing the boy's arm- cleaning out the venom and stitching it up she was sure. Jack had a knack for keeping herself out of trouble with dragons. She had grabbed it by its tail and pulled it off the screaming fool, and when it lashed back she rolled it into her arms, clamping it's neck in her armpit before walking it over to the meat. He could not struggle under her patened Jack Dragon Lock. She waited for the boy to be led out, set the baby dragon by his meat, and walked out unscathed, tossing back her newly cut hair like an expert.

Now he looked positively harmless.

They were still trying to figure out how his egg had ended up in a shop in Knockturn, with sequins attached and a note calling it an overly large paperweight. It had been a shock to the department- if they had not found him, there could have been a teerible catastrophe. And now they had to raise him before they could send him off to his native land or relocate him to a dragon trader or breeding facility. Jack was looking to find a reserve for him, so wizards could study him and hopefully learn some more.

She pulled out his chart and scrawled a few notes. She looked up and tapped on the glass, making him raise his head. She grinned. "That's right, youngling. Keep chewng on porkchops and not our interns, mmkay?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Dragon See, Dragon Do, Dragon Nom On All of You Empty Re: Dragon See, Dragon Do, Dragon Nom On All of You

Post by Zoe Gould Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:59 am

Zoe watched from a distance as Jack Dyllan worked with the baby dragon. She was quite good, pulling the baby dragon off of the intern like that, and literally dragging him to the meat, before simply walking out again as though it were easy. Zoe's eyebrows had gone up into her hairline, and she smiled slightly as she watched. People passed her, muttering a soft "Ma'am" before walking on, glancing back at what Zoe was staring at. Zoe carefully brushed some hair from her eyes and strode forward, stopping next to Jack. "You are quite skilled Ms. Dyllan." She said simply, watching the baby Dragon eat.

"Tell me.. where did you get such extraordinary skill in handling Dragons? Even some of our top handlers wouldn't have been able to control a baby dragon of that size." She said smirking slightly, glancing at the intern who was slowly starting to get healed up, before turning her attention back on the Dragon. "You told me you have a book... could you possibly learn all of this from something so simple? If that were true, I'd have found this book years ago... Or is this natural skill?" She asked softly, her eyes slowly training on Jack, a small twinkle in them that suggested a smile, even though one wasn't on her lips. "I am sorry if I interrupted you however... I was just making rounds, and I saw what you had done there.." she said smiling. "If you could just drill that into our Interns heads, we'd have some very skilled workers in our department Ms. Dyllan." She said looking back at the Dragon and a small smile graced her lips.
Zoe Gould
Zoe Gould

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Dragon See, Dragon Do, Dragon Nom On All of You Empty Re: Dragon See, Dragon Do, Dragon Nom On All of You

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:45 am

Jack looked up from her notes to see the Head of her Department stroling over. Jack twitched her eyebrows up and inclined her head briefly, before continuing on with her notes- she was here to work, not to be buddies with her boss. Gould joined her and complimented her. Jack shrugged, "It's effort," she said honestly. Most people half-assed their work. She put effort into her job.

Gould began to ask Jack where she got her talent, feeding Jack's ego a bit as she compared Jack to their top handlers. Jack really did not deal with the other handlers since she had such an obscure role. She really did not have any peers- she had people she worked alongside, but that was all. She did not even work with Ari often, and she was supposedly the werewolf-wizard relations officer.

Zoe continued on, mentioning her book. Jack nodded and found her opportunity to speak. "I was a Beater for seven years, I was supposed to work professionally, but bigger things beckoned. Being a Beater means being rowdy and unafraid. The books helped prepare me theoretically, but I just shut down my brain and react. It's instinct."

Gould apologized for interupting and Jack assured her, "I was just doing notes, don't worry." She laughed at her words saying, "Give me intern-sacrifices. I shall terrify them while teaching them how not to be afraid of dragons."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe Gould Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:59 am

Zoe listened as she spoke about being a Beater, and then nodded. "It makes sense I guess..." She said frowning. "What would you think about a Department Quidditch game? I've been contemplating on the thought for a while.. but I've never had a real motivation to start it up.. I think it would be pleasant." She said, a small smile on her face. "A weekend or even a Friday off... get everyone outside, play some Quidditch, get to know each other.. or a department party... if it starts getting to cold to soon." She said glancing out the window. "We have our annual Christmas party of course, but an informal one, just to remind people that I do not bite.. and I do like visitors..." She looked at Jack, and couldn't help but smirk at her comment about the interns. "Yes.. well... If you can keep them from killing themselves, that would be talent enough to show me that I'm being selfish and keeping you as my assistant." She said smirking as the intern was taken away for less immediate care, in order to get any smell of blood out of the air for the more... blood prone creatures in the room.

"Hmm... we really need to train them more before sticking them in a cage with a Dragon." She said smirking before looking at Jack. "How is your research coming? I hope to see a report on my desk soon... just to see how things are working out.." She said her eyes hard, it wasn't really a suggestion, but she was making it sound as though it was. "It is obvious you are doing a lot of work." She said and reached over, carefully taking hold of the clipboard and pulling it towards her, scanning what had been written before handing it back to Jack. "Show me... what else have you been working on in here? Do you think having X, and XX creatures are enough? Maybe we should add in some XXX creatures to give it more variety, I could talk to maintenance about expanding the room anyway." She said glancing around the room before looking at Jack, asking her opinion.
Zoe Gould
Zoe Gould

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top