Bad Form.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Bad Form. Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Bad Form.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bad Form. Empty Bad Form.

Post by Melissa Finnigan Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:13 pm

The Co-Op was teaming with people. Millie didn’t realise how many until she actually tried to find the end of the line. She ended up standing by a row of freezers and couldn’t help but wonder whether it would be an idea to pick up some ice cream as well as what she’d already gotten for breakfast. Millie wasn’t entirely sure what Felix had in his house so she’d bought precautionary items. She hoped he liked it though. She’d bought bacon, eggs, sausages, bacon, baked beans, hash browns, mushrooms, some black pudding and some tomatoes - basically, everything she needed to make a Full English Breakfast for Felix. He would probably be hungry and irritated with her as well as the world so breakfast was just what the doctor order. She’d also bought some teabags, a jar of coffee granules and a few other basics for breakfast, juices and the like.

By the time she got to the counter, it was nearing twenty-past nine in the morning. What so many people were doing out at that time of the morning, Millie didn’t know but she wasn’t about to complain. For those working there it meant good trade. Even if people were buying a couple of pints of milk...it still meant something. “Milk!” Millie exclaimed, jumping out of the line and going in search for the product in question.

When Millie finally got out of the Co-Op, she had a few bags of necessary items. Her wallet was tucked into a pocket in the front of her dungarees and she walked briskly down the road, fumbling with the bags as both were uneven in what they held. It didn’t take her to get down to Felix’s house though. His ‘lair’ was well known because he never actually made a conscious effort to hide the people he kidnapped. It was as if he liked being found as much as he enjoyed hearing about the chase the Ministry gave. Millie couldn’t quite pinpoint when they’d become friends but Felix had this terrible habit of forgetting who she was - thereby making it difficult for them to sustain a working friendship. Millie didn’t mind so much because it was always fun to start over.

Of course, she wanted to make him breakfast today so she didn’t know how they were going to go through the introductions, the attempt on her life and all of that garb before the food got hot and sweaty. Maybe though, if she played it right, she could get it all in the fridge before he tried anything.

It was weird to have to walk all the way to Felix’s house. Millie had gotten the train into the village near his home that morning and had remembered to take her bike with her so now, having found her bike again, she began to sort out the bags so she could ride up there at a comfortable pace. She’d walked up there before in the snow and there was no way she was walking ever again. Besides, bikes were fun. Millie swung one leg over the side and sat herself down on the seat. She then pushed her bike off of the pavement and onto the country lane. From there, she had an open road.

It thankfully didn’t take her long to get up to Felix’s house. She’d poked the bike through the slots in the gate and had then proceeded to scale it. She nearly died trying to get down but that wasn’t a problem because once she was on her bike again, she was going at break-neck speed towards his house where her reward would surely come - introductions, a murder attempt and then finally, breakfast. How quaint.

Millie got off of her bike at the top of the hill and walked it the rest of the way. She leaned it against the side of the veranda out front and took the bags off before jumping up the steps onto Felix’s porch. Then, Millie lifted on arm and banged on the door, hoping that that would announce her presence to the ex-Azkaban convict. It was strange, really. She befriended some funny people.
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 669
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Bad Form. Empty Re: Bad Form.

Post by Felix Barker Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:32 pm

Felix was up and sleepy. Naomi had left early that day to go out with the pack, and he was alone. He stood in the kitchen though, cooking up some food. It actually wasn't for him though, one bowl was for Hyde, who was sitting, panting in a corner of the kitchen. And a few other bowls were there as well. With some sort of gruel looking stuff in it. Suddenly though, there was a pounding on the door, Felix dove for cover, and immediately pulled out his wand. Had they found him?! He had just gotten some new people in his cellar, they hadn't even been tortured yet! But here was someone, pounding on his door. He was at the ready, he glanced at Hyde and frowned slightly, the dog had stood up and it's ears were perked towards the door, he sniffed, and then bounded into the entry.

"Hyde!" Felix hissed, as Hyde started to bark excitedly at the door. "Dammit Hyde! Who can it be?" He growled and crawled across the floor, glancing at his door. Hyde was barking and scratching at the bottom of the door, and Felix could feel his heart beating heavily in his chest. Luckily Naomi was out, so there was no harm of her getting caught, but why was Hyde acting so excited? Hyde was a smart dog, he didn't bark unless he knew the person.. so that meant.. he knew the person on the other side of the door.. and was friendly with them? Felix slowly stood up, and went to the front room, peeking out the window and seeing.. a girl? Felix swore and went to the door, pulling it open. Hyde immediately scrambled out, and nearly bounded her over, before running outside to use the bathroom.

"Who are you?" He hissed, glaring at the girl on the other side of the door, who appeared to have some groceries in her hand. Naomi had just gotten some groceries, so obviously she hadn't ordered groceries from the village below the house. He stood in the doorway, his arms on the frame, his legs spread out, watching Hyde from over the girl's shoulder, before looking back at her. She seemed... vaguely familiar.. but he couldn't quite place her.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Finnigan Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:11 pm

The barking began almost immediately and Millie brightened. Hyde was home which meant Felix had to be in. Millie smiled and listened attentively for the sound of the door being unlocked. She didn’t have to wait a moment too soon however, and before she knew it, Felix had the door open and was squinting at her. Hyde bounded out of the house first and Millie couldn’t help but giggle. She patted the dog as he passed and she watched him run around the garden before going in search of somewhere to relieve himself. Millie turned back around, deciding to give him some privacy, and focused her attention on his owner who, as predicted, did not remember her.

“How many times have we been through this, Felix Barker?” Millie asked with a roll of her eyes. “I’m Millie Finnigan. Does the name ring a bell? Merlin’s beard, Felix! How long have we known each other?! Why do you insist on forgetting? Sometimes, y’know, you’re infuriating. No matter though! I bring breakfast, tea, ice cream and a warm shoulder to cry on. How are you?”

Millie was honestly surprised he didn’t remember her, as she always was, but it was becoming a regular thing between them though so she managed to ignore it. In fairness, they hadn’t spoken properly since he’d been in Azkaban and strange things happened to people there so it was fairly understandable that he’d forgotten. She never understood why he decided to kidnap the Head of the Wizengamot but she wasn’t going to fault him for it. She didn’t judge him like others did but she wasn’t exactly all for the kidnap and torture of random people. He could do it though, she wasn’t about to complain to him about it. Merlin knew he tried to kill her often enough for just being in his presence. He didn’t need any more reasons to take his frustration out on her.

“Now, get out of the way you...and I’ll make you a cup of tea. Would you prefer to cook the breakfast or shall I? Oh, can we get this ice cream in the freezer because I think it’s starting to melt. Get out of the way, Felix...c’mon,” Millie poked him in the stomach, a light smile on her face, and poked him twice before laughing and pushing him lightly. “I’ll give you an extra spoonful of sugar okay?” Millie continued to poke him until he’d moved far enough back for her to slip inside. Millie hurried down the hallway, not quite trusting him with her back turned, and dived into the kitchen. She put the bags on the table and turned around to the doorway, her hands on her dungaree-clad hips.

“Right! Where’s Naomi? How’s she doing? Oh Merlin. I didn’t mention it did I? Went to the Ministry the other day. My mum wanted to see dad and so she decided to drag me with her because my brother was pissing about doing whatever he does in his room. Personally, I don’t want to know but she wanted company so I went with.” Millie reached for the bags and began to take some of the things out. As soon as her hands came to the milk, she turned and crossed the kitchen. She opened it up and put the milk inside to keep it cool. It didn’t need to curdle or whatever milk did when it got warm. “Right, so they’ve got the atrium and stuff haven’t they? And the big statues and stuff? But there’s this wall and it’s absolutely covered in Death Eaters, criminals and Dark Wizards! And guess what -- you were on there, Felix! It was so weird. A lot of people were crossed off with red tape, though. Can you imagine it? It was eerie. Anyway, how’s your summer been so far?”
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Felix was stunned, this little maggot acted like she knew him. His eyes were wide, and he couldn't help but move out of the way as she poked him and walked into the house. Completely taken aback, he stood by the door for a moment, letting Hyde bound back in, and cautiously go to the girl, and sniff at her leg, before sneezing and going back to his corner. There were few people Hyde liked well enough to let pet him, and her little pet on the back as he had gone outside was enough for him. Hyde mostly liked Felix and Naomi. Felix came into the kitchen and stood staring at the girl that had bounded in, saying a familiar name, but not really making any sense to him. He was astounded, and suddenly he realized he would have to move again, if this little snot found him... he'd need a new place of residence.

He watched for a long moment as she started to put things away in his refrigerator, and suddenly he felt his anger boiling up. This kid dared walk into his residence like she knew him? Wasn't she afraid of him? Who wasn't afraid of him? He stood there, jaw working, hands clenched, watching as she put the milk away, and that's when he moved. Fuming, he walked forward, and grabbed her arm, spinning her around and pinning her to the fridge, his wand was out still, and he pressed it against her neck. "What the hell do you think you're doing kid?" he asked, growling at her, his face inches from hers. "I don't know you, and you think you can just barge into the house of Felix Barker?" He growled and his hand found her hair, pulling her head back and exposing her throat, the wand still pressed against her jugular vein.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Finnigan Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Millie opened her mouth to say something else but before she could form the words and set them free, Felix had grabbed her arm and pushed her against the fridge. Millie winced upon impact and instead of words, a gasp of pain shot past her lips. She brought them together and rolled them, fighting back the tears that were threatening to fall at an action that was almost tame from Felix. She didn’t like having to do this every single time. It got boring and she hated bearing the bruises that came of their encounters. Felix was her friend, not her torturer and though it often started off that way, eventually they cooled off and relaxed a little. He was always so angry though. Millie didn’t understand it herself and she wasn’t sure that she was brave enough to try. There was a lot more behind the scorned murderer that the Wizarding World understandably feared and though sometimes bravery was Millie’s strong suit, she knew that there were things that ought not to be asked of Felix Benjamin Barker.

“Oh Felix please!” Millie let out a little whimper as he pulled her hair. It was simply too long and too thick to be man-handled in such a way. “I don’t want to do this, this morning! It’s far too early for murder attempts now can we please just have some breakfast already? I’ll explain it to you again if you insist but will you just get off!? I don’t ask for much but really, Felix! I can barge into the house of Felix Barker because he’s my friend! And before you ask, no, I haven’t made a mistake and am really looking for another Felix Barker. Look, we do this every single time so can we just move along a bit? It’s hideously dull. You’re completely over-reacting! I am your friend Felix. I’ve been your friend, begrudgingly on your part, for a long time now get your bloody wand away from my neck, sit down, shut up and let me make you a cup of tea!”
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Felix held her against the fridge, growling. Felix felt a laugh escape his lips. "It's not everyday I get a victim that walks right into my home." He growled into her ear. Happy that he was causing her pain, happy that he could make her afraid of him. She obviously defied all logic and thought she could befriend Felix Barker, obviously there was only one person who could do that, and that was Naomi Greyback, soon to be known as Naomi Barker-Greyback. "It doesn't matter what mood you are in.. it matters what mood I am in.. and right now, I've been starved for blood because of your little interruption." He growled into her ear, feeling anger take up any sense of reason. No one did that to him.. no one.

When she said something about being his friend, he laughed aloud, right into her ear. She had spunk, that was for sure, telling him to sit down and shut up. In a simple movement he slapped her, before pushing her away from him and sitting down. "I don't know who you are.. and I have no idea how you got into your head that I'm your friend... but you've intrigued me. I have some business to do in another part of the house, you wait here, and make me some breakfast.. I'll be right back." He said and pointed his wand at the counter, and the bowls raised into the air, and Felix swept out of the room, taking the food down to the cellars.

After almost half an hour, he came back, blood on his hands, some splattered on his face. Walking into the kitchen, he had nearly forgotten the girl that had showed up at his house. He froze in the doorway, and then made a face, entering the kitchen and going to the sink to wash his hands off and clean off his face, running water and splashing himself in the face, cleaning off his face, and finally turning to the girl. "How did we meet again?" He asked, sounding amused now, and not so angry. It was obvious he had taken out some of his anger on his victims downstairs.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Finnigan Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:16 pm

Despite claiming that she was used to it, Mille froze at Felix’s words. She hadn’t realised how close he was to her. His breath was hot against her ear and she clamped her hands shut, willing him away from her. He was terrifying at times. He didn’t have to try much either. He did scare her, though she dare not admit that to him. He already knew though, she didn’t doubt. Millie was scared, yes, and she hated it when he tried his hand at murdering her. He wouldn’t have had to if her mother found out about where she spent some of her days. She was meant to be a Harry Potter fangirl, a Potter’s Army supporter through and through - but instead, she had a cat named Lucius and a thing for befriending criminals. Millie didn’t understand it herself but her brother’s suggestion didn’t seem too far wrong. He’d said that it was her way of breaking out of the mould their parents were trying to force her into and that they needed to figure out that she simply didn’t fit it. Truer words had never been spoken.

“I’m nobody’s victim, Felix Barker,” she hissed. “Much less yours.” But after that, her Gryffindor bravery failed her and she clamped her eyes shut, cowing under his grip. Millie tried to turn her head away, as if to protect herself, but the grip he had on her hair made her cry out as she attempted it. “Felix please let go.” And he did, but not because she asked him to. His hand connected with her cheek and Millie let out a strangled cry. Her hands flew to her cheek and she gripped her face as the skin pricked and burned with pain. Millie closed her eyes and felt tears dribble out onto her cheeks. She exhaled and inhaled, inhaled and exhaled. She didn’t need to cry. She didn’t need to cry. Oh, but she did. The pain was intense and abrupt and it didn’t seem to want to end. Vaguely, Felix’s voice hovered above the fog of pain that surrounded her and she gave a snow nod in acknowledgement of his words, though she didn’t exactly register what he’d said.

When Felix’s retreating footsteps rattled through Millie’s mind, she lifted her head and watched him disappear around the corner of the kitchen doorframe. Millie closed her eyes again for a few moments before reopening them and straightening up. She hadn’t realised that she’d doubled over but apparently she had. And, to top it off, her lip was mysteriously bleeding. Millie licked at the blood and gave a heavy sigh before reaching over and plucking the kettle off of its dock. She placed it in the sink and moved the tap so it was over the spout of the kettle. She twisted one of the knobs and water sprang easily from the faucet. She filled the kettle and heaved it back onto the dock before clicking it on. It instantly began to boil and she reached up to the cupboard over the top. She took two cups out and set them on the counter before going back over to the table to retrieve the teabags.

In the next half an hour, Millie really began to get underway, finding her way around the kitchen with ease. She had multiple things going on the stove and was finding it a little bit difficult to manoeuvre but thankfully it was a six hob one so she could fit everything on just about. When Felix came back in, Millie was working on the bacon. She’d poured a glass of orange juice and left it on the table for him, hoping to keep him vaguely placated. She didn’t want to irritate him. She couldn’t do that until he relaxed around her again. It was always precarious when leaving Felix and coming back. He always forgot; always, always, always. It hurt Millie more than that superficial slap had. He was her friend and he just refused to remember her like she remembered him. That did hurt. She didn’t care how heartless a person was. Seeing not one flicker of remembrance in a person’s eyes hurt more than Millie cared to admit.

“How did we meet?” Millie repeated gently as she pushed the bacon around the frying pan with her fish slice. “The first time was on the train to Hogwarts, in my first year. I...you...you were a Ravenclaw. You were a Prefect and you wore your badge on the left side of your chest, over your heart. You were,” Millie smiled, “almost kicking the students onto the train it was...interesting to watch from further down the platform. We actually met when I sort of bumped into you. I wasn’t watching where I was going and it was after the Slytherin compartment exploded. I had...no hand in that I swear on Merlin’s saggy...beard.” Millie laughed and held up her hands. She pointed her fish slice towards the beans and looked at him. “Could you get those please...I need to focus on the bacon? Just stick it on a pan stand..um..” Millie opened one of the drawers and pulled a couple of triangular stands out. She chucked them onto the counter and nudged the drawer shut with her hip after, hoping that what she’d done hadn’t offended or annoyed Felix.
Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:49 am

Felix looked at Millie when she started to talk. He looked at her and frowned. She spoke about their first meeting on the Hogwarts Express his seventh year. He didn't even remember this. "Even my prefect badge.." He felt himself smirking, and shook his head. "I try to forget that I was even a prefect.." He muttered and shook his head, looking at the girl and sitting down. "So what... you crushed on me? So what.. when did we meet again? How did you find me?" He asked growling. "I can be anywhere in the world.. and now I have to move.. again." He hissed, and when she asked he get the beans, he stood up angrily, pushing his chair back angrily, it almost got knocked over.

He moved to the pan and pan stand, and stared at her. "So.. you found me here... and for what purpose? Why the hell would you come here?" He asked her, glaring. "And don't tell me it's just because you wanted to make me breakfast." He growled and sat back down at the table, watching her, before leaning back in his chair, balancing on the back two legs. "I don't know why you are here... and frankly I don't care, unless you can give me a really good reason, I should kill you..." He said simply. "I'm not afraid of no one finding you again.. you are no one to me.. and it would just up my resume... so tell me, why should I not kill you right here?" He asked, flicking his finger, and Hyde went and stood in front of the door, guarding it.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Finnigan Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:49 am

Crisping the bacon up was probably the easiest part of the whole breakfast and Millie was finding herself increasingly glad that she was a woman and not a bloke because she valued her ability to multitask. She also valued the six-hob cooker that Felix had. At home, her mother did as little cooking as humanly possible. Seamus did all of the cooking and as she was closer to her father than her mother, Millie learned all that was valuable in the way of skills off of her father. This was one of them. Millie looked at Felix and laughed before shaking her head. “Fancied you?” She looked at him incredulously before raking her eyes up and down his form. “Well, maybe,” She smirked, returning her gaze to his. “You were quite the catch, admittedly. The girls had nothing better to talk about at times. They all wanted a piece of you. It was very strange to listen to, especially when you’re trying to digest your dinner but hey, it’s part of the Gryffindor experience I guess.”

Millie raised an eyebrow. “Oh come on Felix, you always were predictable. From my point of view, anyway. You always knew who you wanted to be and what you wanted to do. Admittedly this isn’t what I’d imagined but this house suits you. It suits who you are. I know that’s hardly an answer but it makes sense to me. Believe it or not, I actually wanted to see you. I dunno.” Millie shrugged as she began to load up the plates. She turned a little and frowned at Felix before shaking her head and continuing with what she was doing. “You’ve just had a round of melodrama, Felix, are you not sated already? Just chill, okay? I’m not interested in getting you arrested if you think that’s why I’m here. Don’t you think I would have brought Aurors with me? Come on, Felix - think. I know you’re better than this. Besides, you’ve had plenty of chances to kill me before so let’s not go there again. We’re friends, remember?”

Melissa Finnigan
Melissa Finnigan
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Felix's eyebrows rose when she talked about people liking him. "That's a new one for me." He said rubbing his jaw and shaking his head as he stared at Melissa for a long moment. He wasn't quite sure what to say about that. Admittedly he knew that girls would follow him around, he hadn't really paid attention to it. He had always been more trying to be alone, in the library, or on the grounds, and yet.. now that he thought back on it. There was an awful lot of people in the library or on the grounds when he was there. Girls.. lots and lots of girls, staring, he hadn't even thought of it at the time. He ran his hand across his jaw again and frowned, thinking, before looking back up at her when she spoke again.

"Predictable really?" He asked frowning at her as she started loading the plates up with food. He wasn't sure what kind of person she was, but to waltz into the house of a known woman torturer, and murderer.... waltz in and feel the need to tell him he was wrong? Something was wrong with this girl. "Why the hell would you want to be my friend kid?" He asked glaring at her, his eyes angry. "The only reason you aren't dead now is because I'm shocked at your behavior... I am not your friend, and I don't remember you." He glared, hearing Hyde growl in the background, knowing what was going on, and getting nervous. "So tell me the truth... why are you here? And how long do I have to pack up my things, contact Naomi, and get out of here before the aurors come?" He growled and pushed his chair back, finding himself on his feet.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum