The Knight at Night
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Knight at Night Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Knight at Night

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Knight at Night Empty The Knight at Night

Post by Antonin Rookwood Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Kendall helped lead Athena out of the Weasley's home, gripping her hand to ensure she made it out among the crowd of drinking and dancing teenagers. Kendall had his plan to get home all mapped out and he finally succeeded in leading her out of the party. Outside, he was able to breathe. And he was pleased to see Tobi had already disposed of Darius.

Kendall led her to the edge of the sidewalk and then said, "Hmm, best take a step back." He did do, pulling Athena with him and then released her hand so he could fling his right arm out.

BANG!

Kendall was sad to say he had used the Knight Bus quite a lot. That's what happened when you could not apparate but you had summer flings and attended all sorts of parties without anyone else. The Knight Bus rolled to a stop and the doors opened. He glanced at Athena and nodded, before stepping up.

"Welcome to-"

"Shut up, Stan."

"Ah, Mr. Rookwood, very ni-"

Kendall dumped the coins into Stan's hands- enough for both Athena and him to get the hot chocolate and the tooth brushes, and enough left over to shut Stan up immediately as he practically drooled. "To Rookwood Manor, I presume?" he said, suddenly trying to impress. Kendall rolled his eyes. "Yes, Stan."

He glanced back at Athena and led her to one of the beds, sitting down on it and patting the space next to him. "Trust me.. you're going to want someone to hold on to.." He gave her a sincere nod and held out a hand for her to take.
Antonin Rookwood
Antonin Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

The Knight at Night Empty Re: The Knight at Night

Post by Athena Marianne Goyle Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:13 pm

The house was abuzz with laughter, music and people. Athena grimaced and decided that it was probably best to keep close to Kendall though she did try and look for Pricilla. Athena could only assume that the blonde had done as had been requested of her and was attempting to find Jeanine a love interest for the night. Athena didn’t think that it would be that hard. Jeanine wasn’t hideous and there was enough alcohol hanging around. Plus, the house was teaming with teenagers so there was a fair amount of incentive there for someone to want to shag the poor Ravenclaw.

Upon emerging from the house, Athena realised just how cool the atmosphere outside was – or perhaps it was just because the house was stifling. She shook her head, her curls bouncing on her shoulders, and lifted her gaze to glance around the surrounding area. It was oddly quiet and the house seemed to be providing the sound that filled the area. It was a wonder that the Aurors hadn’t been called already. Athena would have put a few sickles on another half an hour before the Aurors turned up and trashed the joint. She exhaled carefully and hoped onto the pavement.

Athena took a step back when told and pursed her lips, waiting to see what Kendall decided to do. When he flung his arm out, Athena mentally groaned. Not that. Anything but that.

The Knight Bus appeared with a bang and pulled up so the back of the bus was facing them. There, in all his glory stood Stan Shunpike, leaning idly against the side of the vehicle. Athena’s lip curled at the sight of him and she felt the unrelenting urge to throw her shoes at him. She didn’t though. It was already unbecoming of a Pureblood woman to walk around without shoes – Athena didn’t want to tip the scale further by becoming a medieval Muggle.

“How pleasant it is to see you’re still alive.” Athena commented breezily, stepping up onto the bus. She looked at Shunpike and smirked a little before adding in a lower tone. “It’s a wonder someone hasn’t finished you off already. Oh well, c’est la vie. Enjoy it while you can.”

Athena swept past and raised an eyebrow at Kendall as he sat down on the bed. Her hand gripped the locket around her neck, wondering whether an impromptu holiday in Austria would be better suited. Athena thought better of that immediately though, knowing that the safe house was only to be used when the need called for it. She glanced over at one of the other beds and frowned at an elderly wizard who was happily snoring away his evening. Athena shook her head and gave a half-smile before taking Kendall’s hand and sitting herself down on the bed.

“I hope this won’t take long,” She griped. “I don’t know how much of Stan Shunpike I can actually take.”
Athena Marianne Goyle
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 338
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonin Rookwood Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:04 pm

Kendall grinned at Athena's words to Stan, glad to hear he was not the only one that found the fool to be an idiotic git who really was a waste of oxygen. Had he not been such an easy target for verbal abuse, he would have no use to Kendall and Kendall would wish him dead. But Stan was needed, if only to prove to Kendall that things were not as bad as they seemed, so long as he was not that.

Athena seemed more hesitant now, which Kendall supposed was understandable. She was smart, and she was probably wondering if this was a well crafted situation (or a good use of a bad one) to try and get her in his bed. To be honest, Kendall's intentions had never been purer. Whatever thoughts he was wrestling with was not enough to detract from the fact that she was a friend in need, one who he could help, and that was what he intended on doing.

"Oh, c'mon," he said. "I'm not that repulsive, I like to think." She took his hand and sat next to him. He squeezed her hand and pulled up his feet, crossing them, knowing the beds would be sliding about soon. He dropped her hand and wrapped his arm around her waist, to ensure she would not be thrown off the bed once it began moving. His other hand gripped the bedpost, preparing himself.

"Stan, I suggest we be on your top priorities seeing as I gave you a large tip."

"Aye," he and the driver replied. Kendall nodded and with a BANG! they took off, their bed skidding backwards as he held tightly to Athena and the bed.
Antonin Rookwood
Antonin Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Marianne Goyle Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:39 pm

“No,” Athena agreed. “Not that repulsive.”

Athena smirked at Kendall and chucked her shoes onto the bed opposite theirs. She threw her legs up onto the bed and wound them behind her, conscious of the space (or lack thereof) that they had. Athena looked up at the front of the bus and glared at the shrunken head that was still beside the driver’s seat. She shivered a little. She didn’t like the shrunken heads what so ever and she never had. No matter how many times she’d been dragged onto the Knight Bus in the past, Athena had always made a point to either glare at or avoid having to look at the shrunken head. As it was, today she’d do both.

Athena glanced at Kendall when he released her hand. She felt infinitely relieved when his arm came around her waist. Visions of her falling off of the bed disappeared and she covered Kendall’s hand with her own – as a precaution, she told herself.

“Or because we’re most likely the only one’s awake,” Athena quipped to Kendall as she glanced around the bus again.

Then, without warning, the bus took off with a bang. Athena’s eyes clamped shut as their bed went skidding backwards and her hand tightened over Kendall’s while her other arm flew out and wrapped around his waist. When the bed slammed to a stop, Athena’s eyes snapped back open. She looked at the bed opposite them and pursed her lips upon finding it empty. Athena moved a little closer to Kendall and glanced over her shoulder. She couldn’t see the shoes but really, she didn’t care. Athena exhaled and shook her head before glancing up at Kendall.

“Alright?” She questioned with a half-smile.
Athena Marianne Goyle
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonin Rookwood Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:15 pm

The Knight Bus was more suited for the idiotic Gryffindors who liked a good 'adventure' every now and then, but it was dreadful for those of them that had brains. It was much to jerky, much too undignified, and rather obnoxious, to top it off. Which explained why the Gryffindors were so prone to enjoying rides on the dreadful machine..

He smirked at her words, which were true. Seeing as they were the only ones capable of being impatient, he expected they be treated like royalty. Well, to be honest, he expected that just because of who they were, because to the wizarding world, they were as close to royalty as you could get. Technically, Kendall was debatable because of his father's sketchy past, but he would still act as though he was God's gift to wizardkind.

Athena curled closed to him, slipping her arms around him and grabbing his hand. He rested his cheek against her head and sighed. Suddenly, he felt an irritating presence and he opened his eyes to see Stan leering over them with two mugs. Kendall jumped and said, "What the hell?"

"You're 'ot chocolate."

"Hell, you don't have to be so creepy!" He snatched the mugs from him and called, "You'd better not make us spill. My father would be upset!" The driver responded with an "Aye" and began turning more smoothly. Kendall handed Athena her mug and then looked back at Stan who was still staring. "Anything else?!" Kendall demanded. "You're toothbrushes," Stan replied, holding out two green toothbrushes. Kendall snatched them from him and Stan skittered off. He set them down- if Athena was crashing at his house, she would want one he was sure. The other, well, one could never take dental hygiene too seriously.
Antonin Rookwood
Antonin Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Marianne Goyle Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Athena looked out of the window and squinted as she struggled to make out the world beyond. She wondered for a moment where they were but put that to the back of her mind, deeming it unimportant for the moment. She sighed contentedly and felt herself begin to relax again. With the dark surrounding them and the luminous lights swaying overhead it was somewhat cosy. Athena equated this observation to the fact that she was once again comfortable and rapidly becoming sleepy. Athena’s eyes begin to droop again and she was half tempted just to let them fall shut. So, she did.

The rest was short lived though because when Kendall jumped, Athena lurched upwards also. She blinked rapidly and looked about herself, remembering where she was, and looked up to see Stan looming over them with the pretence of being helpful. In his hands were two cups of Hot Chocolate and although it was much appreciated, Athena wanted the letch as far away from her as possible. Thankfully though, Kendall had the same attitude and snapped at Stan, making it so Athena didn’t have to. She took the cup Kendall offered her and wound her hands around it. She smiled into the hot drink and blew gently on the top before bringing it to her lips. It was sweet, almost too sweet, but oddly enough just right.

“I think he gets creepier every year,” she murmured, watching Stan scuttle back to the corner of the bus from whence he came.

Athena yawned not a moment after and brought one hand away from her cup to cover her mouth. She rolled her shoulders a little before settling back against Kendall. She took another sip of the drink before bringing it down and resting it on her thigh. She looked up at Kendall and frowned for a moment before reaching up and taking his chin between her fingers. She turned his head towards hers and she looked at him critically before asking,

“What’s wrong with you? You genuinely seem unhinged by something and it can’t be Stan. I know he’s creepy but he can’t hurt us. Kendall if this is about what happened then don’t worry, alright? I’ll hex you myself if you don’t relax. It doesn’t matter alright?” Athena released his chin and spread her hand across his cheek. She rubbed her thumb across his cheekbone and drank in his features, memorising every arc, every curve, every eyelash and every mole. Athena reached up and placed a kiss to the side of his mouth. “Just relax,” she reiterated, her words a whisper.
Athena Marianne Goyle
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonin Rookwood Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Athena took the mug from him and he repositioned his hand on his own before slowly lifting it up to his mouth, tasting the sweet, warm drink. After the nights events, it was almost as effective as the tonic his mother used to feed him when he got himself all worked up over something when he was younger It immediately relaxed him and dulled the memory of what had upset him.

Obviously, Athena was as keen as ever, and she asked him why he was so off today. Apparently, Kendall being nice and have no terrible ulterior motives meant there was something wrong.. In truth, it did, but Kendall could not even begin to explain it. He knew, for now, it was fleeting. He'd still be mad at Darius, but he'd be back to wry looks and wandering hands he was sure in no time.

Her hand came up to his chin and then cheek and he turned to look at her, his eyelids low over his eyes in dreariness and exhaustion from the events of the night. He half-smiled- all he could currently manage- and then she kissed the side of his mouth. His eyes closed and he leaned against her, pulling her closer to him. "Are you mad at me?" he murmured.
Antonin Rookwood
Antonin Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Marianne Goyle Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:22 pm

They must have been an odd sight curled up there together. Possessing fathers of equally dubious reputations, it wasn’t entirely unlikely that they were going to be seen together. Athena and Kendall reeked of Dark Magic; though whether that was because of personal use, because of blood or simply because of foreboding family reputations was unknown. Athena found herself acutely aware of the magic crackling in the air around them – from the magic concealing the bus from the Muggles to the core of magic buried deep inside her companion. But then there was the undercurrent of darkness. Among the beautiful magic used to protect them and the Muggles, there was a dark stain that marred her and Kendall and, oddly enough, Shunpike who was glaring out of the window into the world beyond. It was everywhere, like a storm cloud muffling the sun’s rays as it rolled over the horizon.

And oddly, Athena didn’t mind.

She brought the cup to her lips again and allowed the drink to warm her bones. She closed her eyes, savouring the taste before swallowing. Athena exhaled contently and shifted a little, bringing herself closer to Kendall. He did the same not a moment after and she bit her lip at his question.

Was she angry with him? Really?

Part of Athena, the part that was still seething about what had happened, said yes. But then...looking at him...he seemed so sincere. He’d apologized for something that he need not have apologized for really. He owed nothing to Athena and she understood this. It was foolish of her to have assumed that he would have said something to Darius – that didn’t, however, stop her from wishing he had. But then here he was - her eventual hero. How could she be mad at him? She’d baited him too. She’d had more than enough opportunities to shut Darius down but something had just shut off. Perhaps she’d actually twigged in that moment that in fact, she was objectified and that her future lay not in her hands but in the hands of her father and then, in the hands of her husband. She didn’t want that – she never had wanted it – but now Darius had pointed it out, Athena realised then end of the small chunk of freedom she did have was nigh.

“No,” she whispered, “No, I’m not mad at you. I don’t think I’d have any right to be even if I was. All you’ve done is help me and I...”Athena bit her lip before meeting his gaze. “Thank you. Thank you so much. I don’t know what I would have done without you tonight. You've been so kind when you didn't need to be if you hadn't wanted to. And now, if to add to how spiffingly Hufflepuff I sound - how can I repay you?"
Athena Marianne Goyle
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Antonin Rookwood Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:22 am

She said she was not mad, and Kendall knew, somewhere deep down, that it was not quite true, that she would always be disappointed he had not rescued her sooner. He had not wanted to impede too much and seem clingy and protective, but maybe she had wanted him to. Maybe, despite his instincts to leave, he should have listened to the feeling in his stomach that told him to leap in and tear her from Darius.

But he also knew that Athena would not lie- if she really intended on being mad at him for the night's events, she would say so and hold it against him. Even if Athena was secretly upset about it, it was not enough to make her want to act on her anger. Kendall knew it was best to just accept her words, and he felt a little relief.

She asked how she could repay him and he smiled, saying, “You don't sound Hufflepuffilian, Athena, you still have attitude.” He smirked. “And don't think for a second you owe me one thing. We have to watch out for each other, right?” He did not know what he meant by we- purebloods, their group, or something more exclusive and intimate. He rested his forehead against her head, closing his eyes.
Antonin Rookwood
Antonin Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Marianne Goyle Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:34 pm

Athena was unsettled; not outwardly but inwardly. She was still reeling, even if she was mostly relaxed now. The chocolate was warming her insides, calming her and putting her at peace with herself. But still, Darius’ words rang true in her mind. How could he objectify someone that was already objectified? He couldn’t, could he? She’d seen the way Muggle women swanned about as if they owned the very land they walked on. She’d seen the independence shining in their eyes. Athena never wished to become Muggle. Her desire for freedom was great but not to the point where she would snap her wand and turn her back on her world just for a taste of choice. Her father would look after her, she was sure – but what was the price of freedom now anyway?

“I feel like a Hufflepuff,” Athena complained quietly into her hot chocolate. She twisted one of the rings on her fingers and sighed to herself. “I feel as if what Darius said is right. I can see myself not ten years from now having to watch as my daughters are doled out, and as someone else’s daughters are doled out to my sons. I’m not a broodmare but I feel as if that’s all I have been brought up to be. My father’s trying to make the best out of the bad situation and in doing so he’s trapping me. ‘How about the Yaxley family, Thea’ he’ll say, ‘How about the Rosier’s’ – meanwhile Apolline has decided to look to Europe as if I am a lost cause here. I think they fear that if I won’t agree to someone soon then they’ll have to draw me up and let those bastards bid. The string of failures. Who will take the crusts off of the bread that no one wants?”

Athena laughed coldly and closed her eyes. It wasn’t amusing, it was heart wrenching. Her entire life and her family’s survival depended on how well she did in marriage. Her father was running out of money, she was sure of it. He wanted a good marriage out of her so they could gain more than just social standing and if Athena left it too late then she’d have to do a lot more than look at pictures – she’d have to work to find one. Seventh year was her last chance. She’d have one more year and after that, it was up to the highest bidder – the one that was going to make her father the most money. Vaguely, Athena hoped it was someone old – old to the point of uselessness in all areas. He’d be easy to bump off and daddy would be so proud of her for it. It seemed as if happiness went hand in hand with freedom, both put up onto the high shelf she couldn’t reach.

Athena took a swig of hot chocolate again and brought her hand to her lips, wiping her finger over them to take away escaping molecules of the drink. She licked her lips for good measure and tapped the cup with her fingernail. Her eyes travelled back up to Kendall’s and she felt her cheeks redden with embarrassment.

“Sorry. It’s probably not something you want to hear. I just...I’m worried, terrified even. To be a Pureblood is not a small thing but I feel so downtrodden.” Athena sighed and ran a hand through her hair, not caring for once if it was messy. Do you think it is too much to ask for someone to like you? Like...when you’re eventually lumped with someone...wouldn’t you rather have someone you’re at least fond of – even if it is only in a platonic sense? I know I’m bloody impossible to like at times but Christ...it’s not too much to ask is it? I’m lost, Kendall. I’m in a dark tunnel and I can’t see the light.”

Athena leant her head against his chest and closed her eyes, silently wishing all the stress would go away. “I’m sorry,” she whispered again. “I think the filter in my brain must have broken.” Athena sighed. "You don't have to look out for me, Kendall....I....I can look after myself." Her words had rung true once - so why did they sound so wrong on her tongue? Why did they sound so fake?
Athena Marianne Goyle
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top