The tragedy, it seems unending
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The tragedy, it seems unending  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The tragedy, it seems unending

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The tragedy, it seems unending  Empty The tragedy, it seems unending

Post by Nerissa Hatts Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:02 pm

"No!" Nerissa screamed. Such a simple word it was, and yet it ripped through the evening air like a blade. She held her mouth open in that way for a moment as she stared at the Whomping Willow, which had been set on fire at one point during the chaotic turn of events at Hogwarts. Nerissa watched as the tree moaned, shaking its branches about in an attempt to rid itself of the orange flames that clung to its skin. It was crying; Nerissa could hear the creature's sobs clearly, despite the shouted words of the human beings who were scattered about the area. Nerissa cared not for the students; they'd set fire to an innocent tree, and that was something that Nerissa would never forgive them for.

Nerissa crawled from her knees to her feet slowly, being careful not to put herself in danger of being hit by any nearing hexes as she stood. They were disgusting - all of them.

"Look what you've done!" Nerissa shrieked - but her voice went unnoticed by those around her. There was no convincing demons that they belonged in hell, Nerissa realized, and decided that she would be of more use to the unfortunate tree if she were to care for it herself.

Nerissa produced her wand from her pocket, instinctively laying her fingers over the vines that had grown around the piece of wood.

At that moment, she only had eyes for the Whomping Willow; it needed her attention.

"I'm so sorry," Nerissa whispered as she neared the tree. Her voice sounded so gentle when she spoke to the plant that it was quite shocking that she'd managed to scream at her peers just moments before. "I won't hurt you. I wont. I promise," Nerissa continued. As she spoke, a pair of small tears slithered down her fair cheeks, and she cried along with the suffering creature before her.

"Aguamenti," Nerissa spoke softly, attempting to put out what remained of the fire.

"Please... please don't die." she begged the creature.

Last edited by Nerissa Anne Hatts on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Nerissa Hatts

Number of posts : 482

Back to top Go down

The tragedy, it seems unending  Empty Re: The tragedy, it seems unending

Post by Renny Handler Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Renny had trouble escaping the castle, but once she had heard word of Nerissa, she felt compelled to go find the poor girl. It was troublesome, with the Death Eaters and the flames, and all of the chaos, but finally, she made it into the cool air outside. She gasped for air and ran towards where the girl had been spotted, deflecting a few spells that happened to near her.

She saw the girl, staring up at the Whomping Willow, sobbing. She knew Nerissa had a soft spot for plants and she imagined this was terrible for her. As she approached, she pulled out her wand and pointed it out at the Willow, whispering the spell too and shooting a jet of water out at the flaming tree. She approached Nerissa and draped a soft arm around her.

"Nerissa. I'm Renny, I'm in your house, and I'm a seventh year. I ran into Calvin at the Hog's Head- I don't know much, but I know he and Reid are looking for you. We need to get you to them. Okay?"
Renny Handler
Renny Handler

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

The tragedy, it seems unending  Empty Re: The tragedy, it seems unending

Post by Ne'Os Emof Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:00 am

Ne'Os had just left Vito at the lake he was purposefully ignoring thinking back on the events that transpired he limped over next to the tree without saying anything he aimed his wand at the tree and said clearly and calmly "Deprimo" a powerful wind appeared smothering the remaining flames on the tree satisfied the tree was safe he lowered his wand gazing at it with wonder he would let one of the girls speak first. He wouldn't mention his name until he was ready. He was sure due to the fact he was in a different body he wouldn't be recognized.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top