NEWT EXAM
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

NEWT EXAM Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

NEWT EXAM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEWT EXAM Empty NEWT EXAM

Post by Damon Ambrojze Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:45 pm

INSTRUCTIONS

Write your name, house and year at the top of your exam paper.

PM the written portion to me.

RP the practical portion in a new thread. If you choose to work together, please put each student's name in the thread description.

Remember, your exam is in character, so you may make mistakes and even cheat if that's what your character would do.

Written Portion

1. (a) Describe the different effects of Silencio and Quietus

1. (b) Explain under what circumstances each should be used.

2. Since the Charm Caster's Conference in 2004, the same charm can now fall into many categories. Which charms do you think could be classified as beautifying charms and why?

3. Choose one charm and discuss its usefulness to the ordinary witch or wizard.

Code:
[center][size=24]Written Portion[/size][/center]

[b]1. (a) Describe the different effects of [i]Silencio[/i] and [i]Quietus[/i][/b]

[b]1. (b) Explain under what circumstances each should be used.[/b]

[b]2. Since the Charm Caster's Conference in 2004, the same charm can now fall into many categories.  Which charms do you think could be classified as beautifying charms and why?[/b]

[b]3.  Choose one charm and discuss its usefulness to the ordinary witch or wizard.[/b]

Role Play Portion

Your character enters the Charms Classroom to find it completely empty except for the other students taking the exam. The door closes behind them and cannot be opened from the inside (not even by using alohomora).

On the Professor's desk are the following items:

• A jug half-full of a suspicious looking green liquid.
  • A silver butter knife
  • A cage covered by a heavy red cloth. Squeaks coming from it indicate there's something inside.
  • Three undipped matchsticks.
  • A quaffle.

You must use your knowledge of spellwork to escape the room.

NOTE: there is no "correct" combination of charms that will help your character escape the room. The correct combination is the one that your character uses.
Damon Ambrojze
Damon Ambrojze

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top