MORAN, Alana Marley
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

MORAN, Alana Marley Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

MORAN, Alana Marley

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MORAN, Alana Marley Empty MORAN, Alana Marley

Post by Harper Goodrum Tue May 31, 2011 3:27 pm

MORAN, Alana Marley Elle-Fanning-elle-fanning-16670979-650-431%255B1%255D

Alana Marley Moran

______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Alana Marley Moran

NICKNAMES: Al, Ana, Ala.

ALLEGIANCE: Potters Army.

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Gryffindor

CLASSES: Charms and DaDa

WAND TYPE: ten inch rose wood with phinox tail feather core.

PLAY BY: Elle Fanning

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOR: Blonde long

EYE COLOR: clear blue

HEIGHT: 4 foot 11/5

BODY TYPE: Slender, Thin,

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Alana has long blonde hair that reaches to the middle of her back. She has clear pale blue eyes, and a soft face. She is about four foot and three feet tall and is slender or thin. She has pale skin but she doesn’t look pasty. She tends to wear her hair straightened but sometimes she will curl it or braid it.
    She tends to wear popular clothing but not designer clothing. She always has a different pair of converse and owns enough to wear one pair one day and a different the next for two weeks, so about fourteen pairs. She also loves flip flops. Then she loves her skinny jeans and short shorts. Most of the time you’ll find her wearing a band tee or a hand made tee. Or maybe you’ll see her in a dress or skirt when she isn’t planning on flying.

PERSONALITY

CHARACTER STRENGTHS AND SKILLS:
    Flying with a broom , Dada, Charms (dada and charms are natural talents. Flying is something she was taught at home at a rather young age.)

CHARACTER WEAKNESSES:
    Potions, People skills, procrastination, Homework.

CHARACTER LIKES:
    Muggle Molding/fashion, having fun, spending time with friends and family, Flying with a broom, watching duels.

CHARACTER DISLIKES:
    being surrounded by people, being alone, quidditch.

GOALS:
    To be a Model, and to won a Broom store or a wand store.

QUIRKS: she can seem depressive but never is depressed.

BOGGART: Being alone, being surrounded by people

PATRONUS: when she got her first broom

DEMENTOR: the first time she lost

VERITASERUM: she’d do anything to be a model and own her broom or wand shop.

MIRROR OF ERISED: to be a successful at her dreams/goals

PERSONALITY: Alana is fun loving but doesn’t like to be surrounded by people. She seems to introverted when she spends to much time alone and away from her family to long but that seemingly introverted state soon ends when she is flying or watching a fashion show or what ever. She spends a lot of time flying when she doesn’t have a way to watch whatever fashion show is going on or their isn’t one. She is awesome at flying and dueling and is rather good at charms. She struggles when it comes to written home work and tends to procrastinate a lot. She gets homesick easily when she is away from home.
    she almost always seems down. this expression is even more evident when she is away from the people she is comfortable being around. She is just not socially comfortable and stays away from people as much as possible most thoughts from people who don’t know her think she is odd.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Dylan

MOTHER: Bethanie

SIBLING(S): Lachlan.

OTHER: Uncle Gorge, Aunt Maria, Arabella, and James,

BLOOD STATUS: Half-blood.

RACE: Human

SOCIAL STATUS: upper middle class

PET(S): a black Cat named Smokey

BROOMSTICK():Firebolt was her fathers.

OTHER POSSESSIONS:

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years: Alana had a very happy child hood. She lived with her mother father and older brother in the country out side of a muggle community in England. Her father thought her how fly when she was about four years old and she would watch him have friendly duels with family members like her uncle George. She fell in love with both and used it to spend time with him and her brother. She spent a lot of time with her family and their friends but when there were to many people around she would kind of disappear to be alone but not for long. Her father was always closer to her, his little girl, never that close to her older brother. When she was around five her father gave her his broom and that obviously hurt her brother more than he already was. Fashion was her mother’s thing. They would bond over that but when their was nothing going on in the fashion world that interested her mother. Her mother didn’t seem to notice her. She always wanted to do something that would gain her mothers approval.
    though most people wouldn't believe it she had always been close to her brother. their parents even recall her crying when he went to hogwarts for the first time. she'd never be able to live without him in her life.

Hogwarts Years: on her way to Hogwarts for the first time she sat in a car/room thing by her self hugging her knees to her watching out the window. One kid did ask if they could sit in there with her and she nodded slightly thought they sat quietly opposite of her by the door of the little room like thing. When they got to the train station she ended up in the same boat at the kid before but she was even more uncomfortable than when they had been on the train.
    In the castle she waited to go into the grate hall and be sorted she became more nervous and conferrable by the minute. When it was finally her turn to be sorted the hat put her in Gryffindor along with her brother..

Adulthood: N/A

color=#A7342D]BEHIND THE CHARACTER[/color]

YOUR NAME: Cecilia

RP EXPERIENCE: years

HOW YOU FOUND US: I’ve been a member for years

OTHER CHARACTERS: Cecilia Krum, Victorie Laurisi, Delilah Knight, Clayton Stevens, Maya Rose.

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: It was said that PA needed Cannon Characters.

RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Alana Moran on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

MORAN, Alana Marley Empty Re: MORAN, Alana Marley

Post by Elijah Krum Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:24 pm

PENDING!

Okay, it looks good so far but we need to fine tune her a little bit.
+ First off, why is she so damn short? I first thought the wand looked a little on the short side but then the height seemed to back that up. Harry's first wand was 11 inches and he was tiny. My problem is that she's about the size of a nine-year-old and there doesn't seem to be anything in her app that backs that up. If you want her to be on the short side then put her along the 4ft 11/5ft mark.
+ Secondly, she wouldn't be good at duelling. She's a first year so duelling probably wouldn't have ever come up. Fair enough if she saw it a lot as a kid but she wouldn't be proficient in it yet. Perhaps as she ages IC her ability can increase from awareness to great skill. Her knowledge of magic is probably quite limited at this point so duelling is a no-no.
+ Thirdly, First years aren't allowed brooms, why does she have one? How good is she at flying? Unless she was taught at home she wouldn't have learned how to fly until this year. Also, why would her father have given her his Firebolt...surely he would have given it to her elder brother - that's something to expand on.
+ Fourthly, why does she want to be a model? I understand the broom bit because her love of flying seems evident but why would she want to go into the Fashion Industry? I see she likes fashionable clothes but I can't really see why she's leaning towards modelling.
+ Fifthly, I think 'depressive' is too harsh, too extreme. At the most she probably comes off a bit introverted as she seems happy with her own company (there has been no mention of friends) and if she's 'depressive' because she's away from her family then wouldn't 'homesick' be more appropriate?

Just sort this out and you're good to go!
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:32 pm

okay i shall fix it sunday or monday..
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Goodrum Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:52 pm

okay it should all be there.
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Well, I still have many of the same concerns that Eli does.

First, the wand is waaaay too short. So far as I know, Rowling did not allow for pocket sized wands. The wiki cites most of the wands for the canon characters as running between approx. 9 and 14 inches. Roughly. There are a couple of exceptions to that. but four inches is just not acceptable.

Second, I need you to specify if you intend for your character to be good at broom flying, which is what I presume you mean....Or the more advanced skill/ability of flying without a wand. The broom flying might be something that she could be taking classes in, but it isn't possible that she can be "awesome at flying and dueling and really great at charms." That simply is not realistic for a first year. You really do need to shift that and say she gets good grades in those classes, or seems to have some natural talent in that area. But as a first year, she can't be exceptional at those. She's just way too young.

And I really do not understand how she can seem depressed but not be depressed. Please connect the reason to that little quirk so that I can understand why she is that way. I don't understand if that is a constant thing for her or if it is periodic. Please clarify that more.

Does her brother have a name? Please list it, and clarify her relationship w/ him now more clearly. Are they in the same house?

Please clarify those things and we'll check those again.

Thanks,
K.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22561
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Harper Goodrum Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:45 am

okay i edited again.. i don't htink i can expaline the depressive thing any more than that. let me try here..

Alana just seemes to be really really sad when she is away from her family and close friends (she dosen't have many thought). people that don't know her would classify her as depressed thouht she is a very happy child who lives a happy love filled life.
Harper Goodrum
Harper Goodrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:51 am

Her brother (new member) just joined the site actually, post-creation of this application.

From what I got from his application they're the children of the Moran from the fourth book's Irish Quidditch Team, thus why the family is bound to have a plentiful supply of firebolts to give children.

Just clearing that bit up for you Khaat because Cecilia didn't mention it in her clarification, the rest of the points you raised were valid though.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:42 am

thankyou jess i didn't ever know that. its been a while since i've read the books.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:25 am

That's ok, I didn't make the link either, but your new brother did in his app. Someone might be 'related' to a bit of an HP obsessor xD.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:27 am

you have not meet my family. hp this hp that hp is every where. movies video games pens buttons banks, books, (the seventh book needs to be replaced.. its falling appart.) idk what else..
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top