I caught sight of the sun.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I caught sight of the sun. Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I caught sight of the sun.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I caught sight of the sun. Empty I caught sight of the sun.

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Fri May 06, 2011 2:08 am

Calvin tiptoed silently, watching his feet to be certain that each step was as light as air; in order to reach Reid's bedroom, Calvin had to walk past his own closed, bedroom door. But Calvin had given Chase his bedroom to stay in, and it was his mission to make certain he didn't wake Chase or the children.

After five continuous minutes of taking quiet, inch-long steps across the hallway, Calvin had made it past the bedroom door.

"Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreid!" Calvin screamed excitedly- and as loudly as his throat would allow- as he darted towards his best mate's room, his socks causing him to swivel this way and that as he went. Socks were not as exciting as slippers, but Calvin had felt that it was far more important for Chase to have his Yoshi slippers than it was for him to have them; the flat got cold during the later hours of the evening, and Calvin didn't want Chase to get a "foot-cramp" from the chilled, wooden floors. So he had pulled on his brightest socks, and he had presented Chase with a token of his friendship.

These colorful socks, however, were far slipperier than he was used to his feet being, and so, as he attempted to come to a halt before Reid's poster-covered bedroom door, he continued sliding. Calvin franticly waved his arms in wide circles about his sides in an attempt to slow his speed, but there was no stopping him; he had reached hyper speed, and as a mere human being, Calvin could not protest.

Thud.

"My face!" Calvin cried before sliding to the floor to lay flat on his stomach. He whimpered softly and brought his palms to the upper half of his face, hiding his eyes beneath his fingers.

"Goodmorning Reid," he called from the floor pathetically.

Last edited by Calvin S. Ransom on Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

I caught sight of the sun. Empty Re: I caught sight of the sun.

Post by Reid Devereoux Fri May 06, 2011 2:41 am

Reid had chosen to sleep in, because he liked sleeping in. With Chase and Kitty here, Reid had had trouble being lazy with so much to do now. Kitty was crying a lot, Chase needed help, Calvin was a dopey wreck with the sweet redhead around... Leaving Reid to be the responsible one. That was fine, if he was able to play his games... He hadn't played Zelda in two days...

He might die.

His ears picked up the sliding of something slithering over the ground... He groaned. He was not ready for Calvin to attack him this early. He sat up to see Calvin falling. Reid sighed, his eyes closing. He slipped out of bed and walked over to his friend, pulling him to his feet. He walked over to the closet and grabbed his clothes for the day, before turning to Calvin. "Why don't you go check on Chase? She said she might have a friend over today. Go get ready."

He slipped out and walked to the bathroom quickly changing and shaving, before styling his hair. He went off to the kitchen, trying to decide what he should make for their quaint little family.
Reid Devereoux
Reid Devereoux
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Fri May 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Chase woke with a start when there was a rather loud crash and what sounded like wailing from out in the hallway. Chase sat up and looked around the room. The kids were asleep on a blow up mattress, and Chase had bought Katherine a new crib, that was positioned against one wall. Chase felt horrible about taking Calvin's room, but he had insisted, and she would rather do as he asked, then see the hurt expression on his face again. Checking on Katherine quickly, she moved out into the hallway, her hair still a mess, and still in her pajamas, Calvin's slippers adorning her feet.

"Everything alright out here?" She asked softly, her eyes taking in the scene in the hallway. Calvin was spread out on the floor, and Reid was heading into the kitchen. If it was possible, Chase's family here was more insane and wild then her family had been in the Krum household, only it felt more like a family here, then it ever had. They were close together, and loving, everyone here loved it, and even Thierry had managed to open up and get a smile on his face, opening up to Calvin's childlike behaviour. And Fauve was in heaven here, she finally had someone who was like her to play around with, and she was constantly asking Calvin things. From what work was like, to why he wore brightly colored socks.

Chase was trying not to be a burden though, she made sure the kids stayed as quiet as possible, though Calvin liked it loud, she took care of Katherine on her own, and tried to make sure not to ask the boys to do anything when it concerned doing laundry, or housework, in fact, since Chase had arrived here, it had never been cleaner. Chase smiled and bent down to help Calvin off the floor, her messy hair falling into her face, and she laughed blowing on a stand to push it away from her face. Smiles came easier in this house. Laughs were shared, not forced, and the air was one of a loving family, though it wasn't exactly clear who the head of the family was, probably Reid, he was the most responsible, and Chase was determined to give him time to himself after Jack came over.

Jack... the two had just recently made up, and it was like something major and wonderful had happened. After so long, Chase finally knew what Jack had meant by Vito. And she knew that she had been horrible to her friend, but now, they were friends again! Jack had promised she'd come over today, and Chase was looking forward to it. She had made the kids clean up last night, more then usual, so the house was at least clean, even if Chase wasn't yet. Chase smiled at Calvin, and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "Go get dressed silly, we'll eat Breakfast, and then Jack should be here soon!" she said with a grin, before she disappeared back into her room, to get the kids up and dress Katherine.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Reid Devereoux Sat May 07, 2011 1:47 am

Reid heard creaking and saw Chase making her way to go save Calvin from himself and he turned to look at the clock. They had all overslept so there was really little point in making breakfast. He paused- making meals was more difficult now. He had to please his need for junk, the kids and Calvin's strange appetites, while remaining healthy for Chase.

He opened the cupboards and saw Mac N Cheese. There. That'd work. He'd make a salad and hotdogs to go with it. He took a step back, concentrated on the meal and made a sweeping motion with his wand. Pots and pans began to set themselves up, ingredients left the fridge and began chopping themselves, the hotdogs began to boil.

He paused and then walked down the hall, popping his head into his room where Chase and Calvin still remained. "Cal, get dressed. Chase, don't let him go into the kitchen. I'm making lunch for everyone and for your friend." He turned and walked down the hall, popping his head into Chase's temporary room. "Hey, little ones. Wake up, okay?"

He knew Chase would probably have to go and wake them up, but he would help. He went back to the main room and sighed. He grabbed some discarded toys and slippers and dropped them into a bin set aside for all of the kids' stuff. One of Thierry's books was on the ground and he dropped it in their too. He found a picture Fauve had drawn, of Calvin holding hands with Yoshi...

When you lived with Cal and Reid, that's what happened.

He strode over and posted it on the fridge before beginning to clean up the living room. Once it was done, he dropped down on the couch and picked up the controller that was connected to the game station. Now, a few moments of Reid time...
Reid Devereoux
Reid Devereoux
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Sat May 07, 2011 2:26 am

The moment Calvin realized that Chase had joined him in the hallway, his groaning ceased; his nose may have continued to throb and his forehead did sting rather terribly, but there was no complaining around Chase, not after all that she’d been through. Calvin had no right. Not to mention the fact that he simply did not enjoy casting a cloud over anyone’s head.

“Goodmorning Chase!” he greeted his beloved friend as she helped him return to his feet, his right hand still stuck to his forehead. “It stopped raining, Chase! Do you want to play DigDug, Chase?” Calvin smiled in her direction with his childlike lips stretching from one ear to the next; he was not aware of the number of times he had used the girl’s name during that short span of time. It was an odd, yet quite common - for Calvin - reaction to the overwhelming excitement that he experienced whenever he saw a smile upon the faces of those he held dear.

In fact, he would have continued on for hours, had she not graced him with a light kiss on the cheek.

It was a greeting; a “Hello” shared between two friends, and yet, Calvin found himself incapable of movement as he stood before her, his eyes as wide as a pair of alien spacecrafts. He opened his mouth to speak, but his shrill voice was presented in an untranslatable squeak from deep within his throat.

"Go get dressed silly, we'll eat Breakfast, and then Jack should be here soon!"

“Alrighty!” he whispered, sounding as though he had had the air knocked out of his lungs.

After a few moments of much-needed recovery, Calvin turned away and started towards his bedroom to gather his clothing from a drawer in his wardrobe, though he found he was having difficulty forcing himself to move; he’d nearly been paralyzed, after all. It was a wonder he had even managed to keep from toppling over onto the floor…
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat May 07, 2011 3:42 am

This was...weird for Jack. She felt as though she was venturing out, going out of her way to be friendly, to some strangers. She wished she could say she and Chase could just pick up where they left off and be perfect friends, but they had grown. They were no longer happy and excited for the future. Jack knew that she, at least, would not mind hibernating for a decade or so.

Jack did feel a little different though, but most of that stemmed from being uncomfortable. She felt like she had somehow admitted she was not right by deciding to give their friendship another go. And she was agreeing to see children.. CHILDREN! This was very un-Jack-like indeed.

She could not help feel a little bad. She had taken her relationship down with Ariel because of trust issues, but had then gone out on a limb and reconnected with Chase, which was a broken relationship because of trust issues. It was not like she was ditching Ari though. Right now, if she were to be completely honest, Ari was her best friend.

But right now, she did not need to be thinking about Ariel. She needed to focus on the task at hand. Chase had been coaching her and Jack had four objectives: to not drop Kitty, to not be a band influence on the other kids, to not piss Reid off, and to not make Calvin cry. She was still not certain she could do it.

She apparated to the apartment address Chase had given her and quickly checked to make sure she was in the right place. With that, she knocked.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat May 07, 2011 4:07 am

Chase felt bad for Reid, he was sure doing a lot around the house.. making food, cleaning up, he had gone from only taking care of himself and Calvin.. to taking care of her entire family, and being the responsible adult. She could have kissed him for it, for it was a great deal of weight off of her shoulders, and Calvin was just the normal Calvin, loving, and adorable. Something she had missed greatly, everytime they were away from each other. Chase hadn't really expected such a strong reaction to the light kiss on the cheek she had given Calvin, but she was sure that something was changing, and she didn't know what to think of it. Calvin went stiff as a board, as though someone had pertrificus totalused him.. and he stood there, perfectly still, before he finally squeaked out an alright, and stumbled off.

Chase shook her head slightly and went back into the bedroom. Where she managed to somehow wake up the kids and get them dressed and into the kitchen before Jack arrived. Fauve was just sitting down, rambling on about a dream she had had, and thanking Reid for putting her picture on the refrigerator, when suddenly the doorbell rang. Chase jumped up. "That'll be Jack!" She said with obvious excitement. She flung herself down the hall and just before going to the door, stopped in at her room, and grabbed Katherine out. She held her carefully, before going down the hallway to the door.

"Jack! Good you found the place alright! We're just sitting down to some lunch.. we all kind of slept in late, sorry!" She said happily. "Reid made some great lunch! Come on in!" She said excitedly. "Oh... sorry, this is Katherine...Katherine.. this is Jack." Chase said introducing the baby with the redhead. "Of course, you can meet fully once you meet everyone else, right? Come on in!" She said happily, and led the way back to the kitchen. "Jack, this is Fauve, Theirry, Calvin, and Reid, everyone this is Jack, my friend from school!" She said smiling at them all, and went to the counter, throwing some stuff in a bottle with water, while still juggling Katherine in her hands, and throwing the bottle into the microwave to heat up. "Sorry, Katherine just woke up, and she needs to eat." She said with a grin, before she looked at Jack, and gave a small shrug.

The shrug meant a lot, but more then anything else, it meant: "Welcome to my crazy life... where my children draw pictures of Calvin with Yoshi, my baby is being fed, and the grownups in the house are more children then I am... it's crazy, hectic, and out of control, but its safe.. loving, and you're welcome to it." Although all of that was silent, she tried to convey it in that simple shrug, and a twinkle in her eyes. Katherine was staring to look a little fussy, and Chase could tell she was hungry, but the bottle needed to cool a bit. Chase dabbed a bit on her elbow, before setting it on the counter to cool. "Welcome Jack, sit down, sit down!" She said excitedly, smiling at her friend widely.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat May 07, 2011 4:31 am

Jack did not have to wait long, and when the door opened there was Chase. Chase was getting better, that much was obvious to Jack. When she had seen Chase that night in the owlery, she had seemed empty and tired of life. This Chase was almost like the old Chase; radiant, happy, bubbly, cheery. the complete opposite of Jack so they could even each other out.

"It's fine, Chase. And that's okay too." She paused, looking awkwardly at the baby, not sure. Treat it like a kid or treat it like a puppy...? She was not entirely sure. "Uh... Hi Katherine." Before Jack could feel totally inadequate about relating to infants, Chase ushered her inside. Chase did not pull her inside, but like being sucked into a vacuum, Jack tumbled into the apartment, expelling an "oof" noise.

Jack followed her into the kitchen and was introduce to everyone. "I know Calvin. But I haven't met any of you." She glanced at Reid who was playing some game. She grinned. "Nice, Podracing for 64. Very nice." She looked at the two kids and blinked. "You're... uh... short. I mean, nice." She typically treated kids like she would anybody, since she was sort of a kid.. Just louder and y'know.. more vulgar.

Jack grinned at Chase trying to take it all in, imagining living like Chase. A new baby, two kids who were actually your ex's, a manchild and his gamer friend as your... whatever Calvin and Reid were. It was pleasantly chaotic, but Jack could not imagine living like it. Too happy, not quite twisted enough to fit the themes of her own life. But it was a dream.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin S. Ransom Sat May 07, 2011 5:57 am

“Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?” Calvin sang as he pulled a shirt over his head, getting the shirt stuck on his ears half-way through the procedure- but he continued singing from underneath the layer of yellow fabric that stood in the way of his face and the world around him. “SpongeBob Squarepants!” he yelled for the second time that afternoon, as though he hoped to break the world record for the world’s loudest screech. “Absorbent and yellooooo-wowoah!” He’d lost his balance from where he stood atop the ladder in his bedroom- somehow he had managed to convince Reid that a diving board was necessary in order to reach the maximum bouncy-ness while jumping on a bed, and had set one up just above his mattress- and was struggling to keep from falling forward, flopping atop the diving board, and falling to his carpeted death below.

Ironically, Calvin had been inspired by SpongeBob to put the contraption in his bedroom in the first place. Though the only way it had really been put to use since Chase’s arrival was as a rack for her things; the flat that Calvin and Reid shared was quite a small one, and with only so much space to share, the group found themselves getting creative with what little room they had.

For a moment, things had seemed quite dark for our hero; had it not been for Calvin’s instinctive decision to grab hold of what was nearest to him- that being one of the ladder’s steps- he would have continued falling when he’d slipped over the edge. Instead, however, he hung for dear life with his KoolAid-stained fingers, and kicked his legs about wildly.

What made matters worse was the fact that he could not see anything. “At least it is yellow!” he reminded himself, panting as he spoke.

“Isn’t that hard?”

Every finger on Calvin’s right hand slipped from the ladder due to the fright that Theirry had given him when he’d snuck up on Calvin like that. “Yes, but I don’t want to fall,” he replied, struggling to return his left hand to its previous place to hold himself up.

“I heard you singing about Spongebob…”
“I like Spongebob! He is very nice, and”- Calvin gasped, having lost his grip altogether upon loosing his focus.

Thud.

“Are you OK?” Theirry spoke once more, walking nearer to Calvin in order to insure that he had not managed to kill himself on accident.

“Yup!” Calvin called, though his voice was somewhat muted by the long-sleeved t-shirt that covered his face, and the carpet. “But I think I have a booboo…” he added slowly, uncertain if he had broken anything or not. “I will get you a band aid,” Theirry declared, exiting the bedroom once more to find something for the visible cut at Calvin’s hairline. “Its alright! I don’t want to miss Jack,” the heap of brightly-colored clothing called from the carpet, unaware of the fact that the young boy had already left him.

After Calvin had located the wall with his hands, he began to climb to his feet, using the wall as his guide about the bedroom. He knew there was a blow-up mattress somewhere in the room, and that Kitty’s crib was close to his bed, but what he didn’t know, was where he was, or how he had managed to fall to the floor rather than landing on one of the softer objects in the room.

“Spongebob Squarepants! Spongebob Squarepants! Spong-e-Bob, Squarepants!” he hollered as he made his way down the hall blindly with his forehead bleeding and a bruising elbow; he was quite skilled at moving past the negative things that occurred during his day. He had, after all, had plenty of practice during the twenty-four years he’d been tripping over things.

“Reid, where are the Band-Aids?” Theirry asked, plopping down beside the man as he jammed his fingers into the buttons of a controller, but Calvin spoke before Reid had the chance to reply,“I’m Okey dokey, Theirry – don’t worry!” Calvin exclaimed after making his way to the sitting room, which was a mere foot or so away from the kitchen where Chase and Jack conversed- and of course, upon hearing Jack’s familiar voice, Calvin went berserk…

“Jack! Jack is here, Reid!” he exclaimed, running forward aimlessly, as though he’d forgotten that his eyes were still lost in a world of yellow. “Will you show us a magic trick, Jack? Please, please, please, p”- Calvin jerked forward violently; he had run into the sofa, and was flipped over the furniture the moment his stomach came into contact with it.

Thud.

Three times he had injured himself; three injuries in the span of ten minutes- you know, just in case someone is keeping track…

OOC: I hope it is alright that I RPed as Theirry... Please don't hit me!
Calvin S. Ransom
Calvin S. Ransom
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Reid Devereoux Sat May 07, 2011 9:20 pm

Reid was not the sociable one. He was much too paranoid- and much too exhausted from chasing around a certain accident prone fool- to really have any interest in changing things in his life. Chase seemed excited about her friend and Calvin seemed to approve- he had raved to Reid about Jack's magic tricks. Reid would not be rude, but he wasn't going to strain himself befriending this Jack person.

Reid raised a hand in welcome when the girl entered and was surprised to see she knew what game he was playing. He cocked an eyebrow, still not looking away, and said, "Yeah, it is podracing. Thanks." He violent jerked his hands, seeing he was headed for a stone pillar, before deftly tapping the turbo button and easing the podracer through a short cut.

Suddenly, Thierry sat next to him and he pressed the start button, pausing the race. He looked at him. "The band aids, why they're-" he suddenly stopped. "Wait. Why?" He paused, listening for Calvin. He called out, "Cal-" Suddenly, though, Calvin's voice joined them and Reid turned around, seeing a yellow bundle of yellow fabric moving rapidly towards him, frantic, muffled calls resounding.

Reid foresaw the trouble. "Calvin! look out for the-" He hit the couch and Reid snatched Thierry, pulling him to the middle as Calvin flipped over the couch. Reid released Thierry and sighed, reaching around him to seize the shirt and yank it down off of Calvin's head. In an exasperated voice, he said, "Ladies and gentleman, I give you Calvin Ransom."
Reid Devereoux
Reid Devereoux
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top