Greyback, Ariel
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Greyback, Ariel Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Greyback, Ariel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greyback, Ariel Empty Greyback, Ariel

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Sun May 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Info

Mentor- Headmaster Edgar Doyle
Career- Potioneer
Classes- Potions, DADA, Charms and Transfiguration]

Last edited by Frank P Longbottom on Mon May 02, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Greyback, Ariel Empty Re: Greyback, Ariel

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Sun May 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Frank sat in his office, wondering how he went from Auror to a career counselor. Now he was working both jobs, but he was actually pretty excited about this. He liked dealing with people and also loved to help them, so this was sort of a win-win situation. He was feeling very optimistic about everything, especially this new internship program.

He reviewed his file on Ariel Greyback. It seemed he missed a lot of class- he flipped the page. Ah, his records from the hospital wing indicated he was a werewolf. Luckily, Frank had been chosen for this job because he did not discriminate. In fact, he had recently rescued a young werewolf, and was helping her get back on his feet. What a coincidence.

He closed the file and looked up at the young Slytherin siting across from him at his desk and he smiled. "Hello, Ariel. Thank you for coming. I'm glad you decided to do this internship, I think it will benefit you greatly. I need some information though- What classes are you taking? Why do you want to be a potioneer? Also, please ask any questions you might have now."
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Howard Sun May 01, 2011 7:22 pm

The Career Centre was new and it seemed as if Hogwarts was determined to make sure that its students didn’t fail as spectacularly as they’d been set up to. Ariel knew his place in society and he knew that it was there that he’d remain until he died. Because of that, he hadn’t put much effort into choosing his career. Through some stroke of luck, Ariel had gotten Potions – although he couldn’t exactly remember picking it – coupled with an appointment to go and see some counsellor who was barely older than he was. How charming.

The Full Moon was winding up and Ariel was beginning to get antsy. To top it off, Risé had disappeared and no one knew exactly where she would have gone. Ariel didn’t want to have to do this now. The bite was playing up and he had a headache. Best of all, everyone seemed to be out to get him today. He’d already hexed four cocky fifth years and he wasn’t at all afraid of some Auror who was barely old enough to know anything about life. Ariel wasn’t going to sit there and receive advice that the kid was in no position to give. If anything, Ariel could have been giving him advice.

But this kid, however young and naive he was, had Ari by the balls. He could have him in Azkaban in a second if he did something wrong. Ariel decided that it was best to be good – at least for a little while – and somehow he found himself sat before the Longbottom boy, man, thing. The guy had questions – but didn’t they all? Ariel shrugged at the first question. He didn’t care particularly. He showed up whenever he wanted to. He didn’t make a point of going to class. Ariel stifled a yawn and glanced at the window.

“I can brew,” He shrugged. “It’s not like it’s difficult. It’s something to pass the time, isn’t it? I’m not likely to make a career out of it but I suppose I could flog Wolfsbane to idiots willing to pay extortionate prices for them.” Ariel smirked. “I’m perfectly happy in the place I was born to fill. So...what next?”
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Sun May 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Frank frowned slightly. Oh, boy, this was going to be an interesting boy, he thought. He did not sound very enthusiastic, very unlike the girls who were always in his office discussing future careers and the sort, very different indeed. He glanced up. "So, I'm assuming you're in Potions? Any other classes?" He wrote down a few notes in his own profile for Ariel.

"So let me explain the process. I will put you in touch with your mentor and you will have a day where you shadow them on the job. Then you report back here and we discuss the progress you've made, what you've learned, talk about anything you might need help in to be successful in the Potions field. And if at any time you decide you do not want to pursue this field, you just let me know."

"Any questions so far?"
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Howard Mon May 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Ariel sighed. He didn’t have time for this. He had better things to be doing than waiting around for someone to file him away for future reference. He’d signed up for this because he could get out of classes. There was no other reason. Ariel didn’t know who he was going to be assigned to but he’d soon turned on his heel and storm back to the dungeons if it was someone who he’d rather drown than work with. Longbottom was presumptuous and clearly thought more highly of his job than the ministry louts did. Ariel knew that after this affair he’d skirt back to the Ministry with his metaphorical tail between his legs and shame hanging over his head like a thick, black cloud.

He wasn’t going to help Ariel in any way, especially if he thought he could. Ariel knew his place and there was no point in trying to change that. This was just something to pass the time. When the year was over, Ariel would graduate and go back into the pack fold. He didn’t want to be any part of a society that didn’t want him.

Ariel looked at Longbottom critically before answering, “Defence, Charms and Transfig.” He took his eyes back over to the window and watched as the birds hopped from the branches in the tree coming into bloom outside. A small smile ghosted across Ariel’s lips but was soon replaced with a scowl when Longbottom spoke again.

“Sounds riveting,” Ariel drawled sarcastically. “What next? I have to follow him home and tuck him in? Or is it a she? Even better,” Ariel couldn’t help but smile morbidly and snorted in laughter before returning his eyes to the window. He pouted a little when Longbottom spoke for the third time.

“Yeah, I have a question. What is the point in this whole thing? Whose idea was it? Why on Earth would anyone think this was a good idea? What is it? Instilling false hope in those who don’t even have a chance? Thanks for that buddy, it’s really appreciated. Everyone has their place. The rich kids go and work for their parents. The Pureblood whores are married off. The Muggle-Borns are hounded by Death Eaters until one of them gets close enough to kill. The Half-Bloods are ridiculed just because and the rest of us...well, we go back to wherever we came from to serve whoever lays claim on us. We are kids trapped in war. We have two sides, two and only two. One side will kill you and the other will continue to blindly try and save the world. This is a waste of my time and yours. Can I go now?”
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Mon May 02, 2011 11:08 pm

Frank scrawled down the information about the classes in his own file about Ariel, separate from the school's files. When Ariel spoke again, his words dripping with sarcasm, Frank paused the motion of his quill, his eyes flicking up to look at him for a moment. He paused and then dropped his arm, raising his chin to look at the boy, man to man.

Ariel continued on and Frank watched him, his face blank as he listened. Once Ariel finished Frank let them sit in some uncomfortable silence, before he said in a slow voice, "My father was ridiculed as an idiot and a klutz and was called a Squib. Because he relied on the help of others, and he worked hard, he became an Auror, a successful owner of the Leaky Cauldron, and a Hogwarts professor.

"I've currently been helping a young student who is incapable of attending school, and I know of several drop outs. They would kill to have the chance to get started in the work force. To have the opportunity you wanted. And I bet you they have it pretty badly in comparison to most people here. If you want to make the decision to waste it, go for it. Take more classes."
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top