Dinner for hungry Order Members - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dinner for hungry Order Members - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dinner for hungry Order Members

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dinner for hungry Order Members - Page 6 Empty Re: Dinner for hungry Order Members

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed May 11, 2011 11:44 pm

The room was either too crowdy or it was a bad idea to come here tonight. Mariana was very tired so she wasn\t sure if there were too many people or she was simply confused because she felt like sleeping. One moment Jess was there then she didn't see him anymore, then the other she heard Rober's name, but turning around she didn't see him. "Where for the holly ghost did Jess and Robert dissappear honey?" she asked Khaat across the dinning table, evetybody was talking and drinking and eating. It felt like a stadium. She grabbed her glass once again and drank the butterbeer to the bottom. Maybe that would shake her up a little bit.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Dinner for hungry Order Members - Page 6 Empty Re: Dinner for hungry Order Members

Post by Robert Lupin Wed May 11, 2011 11:57 pm

Robert came back in alone. He went, still very stonefaced to the table. He made a quick glance at Khaat. He knew she would understand the look all too well. He simply stood at his place and took his clean butter knife and tapped his water glass lightly to get everyone's attention.

"My apologies for interrupting a lovely dinner," Robert said, his tone becoming rather official. "I am sorry, but our evening has taken a sudden turn. I have sent our Mr. Potter on a special mission for me at my request, and he has most kindly agreed to assist me. I have received word from 10 Downing Street, and I am afraid it is not good news. The muggle prime miinister is dead, Mr. Cameron. It appears to be from some sort of 'unnatural' cause. Everyone who was at Downing Street at the time was found dead. As it seems, his family was not at home at the time of the incident. Cameron and his staff were murdered, I presume. The information contained in the owl I received leaves me to question whether this affair really was a muggle affair after all. Our peace and quiet, Ladies and Gentlemen, may have come to an abrupt end. I suggest you gear up because I do not know what is coming. I would, however, hate to see any one of us unprepared."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Thu May 12, 2011 11:14 pm

Mariana didn't like Robert's expression once this one came back into the kitchen. Before he even said anything previously, she smelled trouble all day, but she only listened for the moment in order to her all bad breaking news at once.

"Where excatly is this Downing street?" she asked remembering something suddenly as he mentioned the murder though she wasn't sure that this street was in the area. "I followed a couple of strange creatures or men if you would prefer back at the center near the leaky cauldron and the entrance to the diagon alley. I lost them somewhere at Knocturn alley, but i saw a few more people with the simmilar look maybe even the same. Is that Downing Street near that area?" she said not too sure if this what she was saying was of too much importance, but she certainly found it worthy of mentioning it.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren Michaels Sat May 14, 2011 10:06 pm

Wine cured all wounds; not that there were any wounds to cure. It was for that reason that Lauren drank deeply from the glass to the right of her now clear plate. The bottle of rouge was by her elbow and she seemed content just to sit and drink the night away. She’d always been able to hold her alcohol and she’d been rather formidable in the drinking contests that would take place in Hufflepuff common room after a Hogsmeade visit. It was for this reason alone that she was able to sit there and continue refilling her glass with the same dark red liquid that passed her lips more often than not. She was a beer-drinking girl, sure, but she’d drink anything; wine, however, was a personal favourite – just like rum and coke after a long night behind the bar. Of course, she did prefer white wine over red but she wasn’t about to complain. Wine was wine so she was going to sit there and drink it without a fuss.

Of course, that alcohol muddled pleasant mood was soon wiped clear when the Minister spoke. As soon as ‘Prime Minister’ and ‘Murdered’ registered in Lauren’s mind, she sobered, sitting up a little and placing her glass down on the table. Her eyes swept across the room, reading the reactions of the people seated. The first one to speak was someone vaguely familiar to Lauren. If she remembered rightly, they’d been in the same house. Lauren was older though – clearly. Regardless of this though, the girl still should have known where Downing Street was – and what the significance was. And no, it was not near the Leaky Cauldron at all.

“Downing Street is next to St. James’ park for Christ sake! You could walk to the Houses of Parliament from there if you were so inclined! The MOD is nigh on opposite! The Leaky Cauldron isn’t even close to Westminster or Whitehall. Just-” Lauren closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose before reopening her eyes and setting her gaze on the Minister. “Do the public know? This is newspaper fodder, sir. I’m doubtful that it was a superbug. If the causes are unnatural then what’s stopping wizards from claiming responsibility? I am not suggesting we make the Muggle World more of a priority than our own but it seems to me that we should at least be keeping an eye on them; lest we risk exposure.”
Lauren Michaels
Lauren Michaels

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 10:23 pm

"The public does not know. Not yet," Robert said. "The highest governmental officials worldwide are just now being notified. This will not stay quiet very long, though. I must ask you to not spread this information. It will become common knowledge soon enough. From the information I was given about what was found and what wasn't at the scene, I am not altogether sure that the wizarding world would not be entirely justified in claiming responsibility. In fact, I would not be surprised if we found, within hours, that we hear in some form or another that someone of our kind might just do exactly that."

Robert looked at Khaat. He felt her gaze on him. Her surprised eyes met his icy cold ones. He had shifted from being feeling to being efficient. In his life, he had learned he could not do both. He could only do one or the other.

"I have sent our Mr. Potter out on my behalf tonight. To Downing Street. He can gain access with my permission. They have requested we send a delegate to look over the scene. I have asked Jess to do that for me. If the letter I was given is accurate, we may well want to hone up our wand skills.

"We all realize that every so often we get someone who is insistent for whatever reason on trying to redefine our world and our wizarding society by trying to write a new play-book about who should be in power and how they should do it. If the muggles are correct, then someone might well be firing a warning shot in our direction about what they are thinking and planning.

"In other words, we may well have some either greedy, or inbalanced, or otherwise Dark wizard who feels a need to disturb our world. And right now we dont' know how real that threat might be. He or she was good enough, however, to enter the heart of the muggle British government and send a very defiant message. It is designed to get my attention and the attention of a great many other witches and wizards. And for the moment, it has succeeded. It has my full attention."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top